Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089879 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
Mindlog:

Yes, he/she can.
Thanks for your swift response!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
They are also asking for source of funds not just the proof of address
Thank you

chnovpaul:

How about you find someone who has a verified address and ask the person to do the exchange on your behalf? Maybe a student, especially an international student? Is that an option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
I am at mitcham London. Thank you

Looking to leave for Portsmouth,as soon as am able to sort this money wahala.

Pls anyone looking for accommodation in Portsmouth should reach out pls
I need 1 house mate pls.

Thanks Omopapa ,will send you a mail

omopapa:
Which city are you located?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
Its real o my brother and Yes I have a Uk account

justwise:

I really can not believe this, first of all have you opened bank account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bucade11: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
Anyone with useful information?
bucade11:
‼️‼️‼️ Is there any information from IOM Ikeja concerning the TB test. I learnt they shut down due to protest, are they going to open for people that have 26th Monday appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2020
Luseyi:
Its real o my brother and Yes I have a Uk account

So have you taken the money to the bank to be paid into your account and what did they say?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ahhh I honestly didn't see your advise,maybe i missed it as I was really busy days to my travel coupled with office work. Would have definitely changed the money if I had seen your advise.Thank you ,I replied you

quote author=LagosismyHome post=95275511]

Never a good idea to have brought dollars...i adviced you before to sell that in naija .

however maybe you need to break this down when you go to money shop. See if you can exchange let say 500 at a time..... send u a pm [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbp2020: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
Well I changed my 4k USD to GBP at Heathrow airport through Travelex

Luseyi:
People I need serious help o
I am so so stranded
I came to UK with 5k US dollars and have not been able to change it for over a week now,they keep asking me for source of funds and proof of address
I dont even have an address yet as that money is meant to be for my accommodation and upkeep
@ omopapa I have listened to your address to search money shops around me, all is same

I am really stranded, someone should pls help me with suggestions and I have a limited time to pay for my accommodation
Please no one should come to the UK with dollars I beg you people in Gods name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kc6964(m): 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
Yes and also might be eligible for post graduate permit after your degree program .

jaeybee98:
Hello, can one be issued a visa for a top up program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2020
Youtook:
Good morning great people! I’m confused & I need urgent help. I have 2 offers. 1) Portsmouth - Cybersecurity and Forensic Information Technology. February 2021. £14800. 1 year. No internship.

2. Bournemouth- Cybersecurity and human factors. January 2021. £14500. 2 years plus internship.
They are both conversion courses. Not sure which one to go for. Suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

Research both schools and you should be able to make a decision check their course modules.. I was impressed with Bournemouth for the course I was going for and really wanted to go there but I wasn't given discount as against discount I got from another school. One of the thing I loved about them is the support given with regards to internship. And a sizeable no. of student end up with jobs after internship.if I were in Ur shoes its Def bournemouth

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by unclepopo2(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Does university of bournemouth accept Neco or Waec in place of IETLS?

Santa2:

Research both schools and you should be able to make a decision check their course modules.. I was impressed with Bournemouth for the course I was going for and really wanted to go there but I wasn't given discount as against discount I got from another school. One of the thing I loved about them is the support given with regards to internship. And a sizeable no. of student end up with jobs after internship.if I were in Ur shoes its Def bournemouth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ebi566: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
What’s up bro! Are you in Birmingham already? I started my 14days quarantine few days ago and I’m moving to Birmingham immediately after.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mumsjoy: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
unclepopo2:
Does university of bournemouth accept Neco or Waec in place of IETLS?

Yes they do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2020
Please people I need your urgent input what rate is advisable to use for the 28 days statement of account. To be on the safe side. I hope really really really love an input.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by unclepopo2(m): 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
Please i want to message you privately

mumsjoy:

Yes they do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jaeybee98(m): 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
kc6964:
Yes and also might be eligible for post graduate permit after your degree program .

Thanks, that's good news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jaeybee98(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2020
omopapa:
Yes i think so
Thanks, i intend doing the IBMS top up modules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
fcnaxo:
Please people I need your urgent input what rate is advisable to use for the 28 days statement of account. To be on the safe side. I hope really really really love an input.
Thanks.
You can check the current rate at oanda.com, and add lil money in case of currency fluctuation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by R0LL0N(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
olalemii:

You can check the current rate at oanda.com, and add lil money in case of currency fluctuation
Do the person have to start counting from the beginning again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunkanmi562(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Pls I've been following this thread for a while and i have some questions 1. I studied architecture but i would love to run my msc in construction project management how good is this course over there
2. I have got an admission for the course at University of Bolton how cool is the University and hope there are student jobs at bolton
3. Any other suggestion on maybe school of the course is welcome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youtook(f): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
Thank you! I appreciate.

Santa2:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
R0LL0N:

Do the person have to start counting from the beginning again
you should have considered the your total fee and fluctuation in xchange rate before the 28 days, so what are you talking about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Opp27: 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
Oh cool. Let's chat on WhatsApp please 08033842360

OK

viciouswoman:

I am , January intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by missoredipe(f): 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
Please how do you answer the question 'do you have a place you will be staying in the UK' I intend to rent a place of my own which I obviously do not have address for at the moment. I do not if it is okay to use the school address or I should just answer No? Could someone please help me out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
sunkanmi562:
Pls I've been following this thread for a while and i have some questions 1. I studied architecture but i would love to run my msc in construction project management how good is this course over there
2. I have got an admission for the course at University of Bolton how cool is the University and hope there are student jobs at bolton
3. Any other suggestion on maybe school of the course is welcome
same course I want to apply for at university of Salford Manchester by next week, I studied land surveying as my 1st degree
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hello sis and bro in the house, I have a degree in surveying (land) here in Nigeria and hoping for an MSC in the UK, I'm in between choosing project management in construction or remote sensing and GIS, has anyone applied for any of these course and which school is less expensive to study with flexible payment. Pls help a sister
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by canadaishome: 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2020
I just found out that there is no more limit for postgraduate studies in the UK.
That means you can do two master programs back to back

Just thought to share

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
and of what benefit? To remain in the U.K., working above allowed hours & keep dashing them money in tuition? I wonder who is the loser.
canadaishome:
I just found out that there is no more limit for postgraduate studies in the UK.
That means you can do two master programs back to back

Just thought to share

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whitley(m): 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
Miide2:
please had anybody tried paying fees recently like a week ago and been successful?

if you’ve paid your fees successfully please what bank did you use ?
Polaris Bank, under 10working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whitley(m): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hoverboy27:
and of what benefit? To remain in the U.K., working above allowed hours & keep dashing them money in tuition? I wonder who is the loser.
towards ILR actually

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 25, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.