Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1092345 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 2:17am On Oct 25, 2020
whitley:
towards ILR actually

That's long residence of about 10years. Masters for almost 9-10years back to back?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 5:03am On Oct 25, 2020
Guys I need your advise.

I received decision mail (priority service) on the 15th October, up till now I haven't received a collection mail.
The tracker shows it hasnt been "Transferred to VAC" which I find odd.

I called on the 20th, the lady says I should wait till next week, that the priority only guarantees a decision will be made within 5 working days, but doenst guarantee delivery within the time frame. Which is rubbish!

I am aware the TLS offices are closed, but something should have happened at least. Does anyone have any idea when the offices will be open?

I intend to go to the UK embassy in lagos to make complaints next week, the moment offices open.

cc: justwise, mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2020
xander21:
Guys I need your advise.

I received decision mail (priority service) on the 15th October, up till now I haven't received a collection mail.

I called on the 20th, the lady says I should wait till next week, that the priority only guarantees a decision will be made within 5 working days, but doenst guarantee delivery within the time frame. Which is rubbish!

I am aware the TLS offices are closed, but something should have happened at least. Does anyone have any idea when the offices will be open?

I intend to go to the UK embassy in lagos to make complaints next week, the moment offices open.

Offices will be opened from Wednesday, 28th. Next week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hotboss: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2020
I don't know why choosing a Uni for study in UK is hard for me. Considering the money to be invested.
I have offer for MSC mechanical engineering in

Swansea university
Northumbria university
Bournemouth university

All for 2yrs MSc. But in all, only Northumbria university is sure bcz one can join a research group of industrial placement is not found by the student . The other ones will take u to 1yr MSC in that case.

Please, anyone who can contribute in this. Which uni is better to choose. And also recommend any uni. Whose tuition is worth the standard. Pleas. I'm begging.. no time again..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaygibson: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2020
Hi everyone. Are all tier4 applicants interviewed at the application center before being given visas? Cos I can see that some weren't interviewed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by stunning4real: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2020
Jaygibson:
Hi everyone. Are all tier4 applicants interviewed at the application center before being given visas? Cos I can see that some weren't interviewed.
my friend wasn't interviewed ans she got the visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2020
whitley:
Polaris Bank, under 10working days
Keystone Bank same day debit, next day telex Rate 511.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2020
Please anyone?
What do I do regarding the lack of collection mail?

xander21:
Guys I need your advise.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pwettyhardey(f): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2020
xander21:
Please anyone?
What do I do regarding the lack of collection mail?

I'm in your shoes, I did October 13 and got decision mail on 16th, I have been expecting collection mail since.
I'm so tensed and tired as my school has resumed since 12th and I have to pay 50% fees to join class
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2020
xander21:
Guys I need your advise.

Well you have no other option than to keep calling and emailing them since the TLS office is closed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by princejunaid(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2020
Good morning. It takes how week to get response from University of Liverpool. An has anybody been admitted there before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2020
canadaishome:
I just found out that there is no more limit for postgraduate studies in the UK.
That means you can do two master programs back to back

Just thought to share

Back to back for 10yrs? That is about £100K +?

You should be working towards getting a tier2 visa after first masters to save yourself money and time

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by biggiyke(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2020
missoredipe:
Please how do you answer the question 'do you have a place you will be staying in the UK' I intend to rent a place of my own which I obviously do not have address for at the moment. I do not if it is okay to use the school address or I should just answer No? Could someone please help me out

Until you get your own accommodation, using your school's address is your best bet. That's what i did in my own case. Afterall, your school is your visa sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phelixblaq(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2020
pwettyhardey:

I'm in your shoes, I did October 13 and got decision mail on 16th, I have been expecting collection mail since.
I'm so tensed and tired as my school has resumed since 12th and I have to pay 50% fees to join class

You guys are not alone? I got decision mail on 9th and today 25th am still waiting for collection mail.. apparently thinking of suspending till January as lecture keeps coming left and right!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dulahi770: 10:00am On Oct 25, 2020
biggiyke:

Until you get your own accommodation, using your school's address is your best bet. That's what i did in my own case. Afterall, your school is your visa sponsor.
What if you have someone’s address you want to use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2020
Hello,

Is it right to get a shared student accommodation before getting to the UK or book a hotel for the 14 days quarantine/isolation?

Please, share your experience.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by canadaishome: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2020
justwise:

Back to back for 10yrs? That is about £100K +?

You should be working towards getting a tier2 visa after first masters to save yourself money and time

I wasn't implying to do masters for ten years. It could include PhD, work permit etc

For ILR, the years adds up

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2020
Ibddon92:
Good day everyone. I'll be travelling to london via British Airways tonight. Please, how much should i budget for the airport extortion? Thanks

You can budget zero. I am a frequent traveller and I have never bribed an airport official in my life. If you’re a first time traveller, just be informed about all the airport procedures and keep a straight face, so you won’t be looking and behaving like a JJC when you get to the airport. Also follow all the rules. Weigh your luggage before leaving your house and also know the things allowed in your luggage (both cabin and check-in).

This way, you can stand your ground and refuse to let anyone fleece you. Trust me, they will try, but they will leave you alone if you refuse to give them anything... as long as you actually haven’t broken any rule. If you don’t do anything that would require “abeg”, you can pass through the airport without paying a dime.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2020
If only it’s that simple. The way Nigerians are quick to mention phd, you will think it’s abc. Una dey think say phd na beans. Some of you cannot even do simple research on google to find universities or visa application details, but to mention phd no dey hard una. See if you don’t find work during the 2 years psv, just carry your bag dey go. Find other countries with easier integration & refuse the U.K. spell that make people keep spending money to study in other to remain there. One of my guy dey come back on the 29th of this month gon gon.
This guy studied financial management 2016-2018. Oga no find work but refused to come back. This guy apply for public health, get offer come dey jubilate as per health go give am work for U.K. My Guy don study 2018-2020 finish, still no work on top public health oooo. This na somebody wey sometimes dey work 55 hours a week in mental health to pay off tuition. Breaking immigration work law anyhow. Result come out, na last position he get. Infact his certificate no even write wetin he come out with. Just masters in public health shikena. This guy dey cry everyday say he for find another place waka.
He dey wish make protest no stop make dey no open airport grin grin grin cheesy.

A word is enough for the wise ooo.
No allow U.K. use una on top no progression limit
canadaishome:

I wasn't implying to do masters for ten years. It could include PhD, work permit etc

For ILR, the years adds up

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hoverboy27:
If only it’s that simple. The way Nigerians are quick to mention phd, you will think it’s abc. Una dey think say phd na beans. Some of you cannot even do simple research on google to find universities or visa application details, but to mention phd no dey hard una. See if you don’t find work during the 2 years psv, just carry your bag dey go. Find other countries with easier integration & refuse the U.K. spell that make people keep spending money to study in other to remain there. One of my guy dey come back on the 29th of this month gon gon.
This fella studied financial management 2016-2018. Oga no find work but refused to come back. This guy apply for public health, get offer come dey jubilate as per health go give am work for U.K. My Guy don study 2018-2020 finish, still no work on top public health oooo. This na somebody wey sometimes dey work 55 hours a week in mental health to pay off tuition. Breaking immigration work law anyhow. Result come out, na last position he get. Infact his certificate no even write wetin he come out with. Just masters in public health shikena. This guy dey cry everyday say he for find another place waka.
He dey wish make protest no stop make dey no open airport grin grin grin cheesy.

@ the bolded: hilarious and so sadly true.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
That person comments like sky... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by akutakasia77: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
anyone in teesside or going to teesside in January please let's Link up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
Have you gone to TLS office?
I saw a post somewhere that talked about going to the UK embassy to make a complaint.

Phelixblaq:

You guys are not alone? I got decision mail on 9th and today 25th am still waiting for collection mail.. apparently thinking of suspending till January as lecture keeps coming left and right!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Was it TLS VI or Ikeja?

pwettyhardey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
ugomnaanny:
Hello sis and bro in the house, I have a degree in surveying (land) here in Nigeria and hoping for an MSC in the UK, I'm in between choosing project management in construction or remote sensing and GIS, has anyone applied for any of these course and which school is less expensive to study with flexible payment. Pls help a sister
pls help me biko
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mumsjoy: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hoverboy27:
This fella studied financial management 2016-2018. Oga no find work but refused to come back. This guy apply for public health, get offer come dey jubilate as per health go give am work for U.K. My Guy don study 2018-2020 finish, still no work on top public health oooo. This na somebody wey sometimes dey work 55 hours a week in mental health to pay off tuition. Breaking immigration work law anyhow. Result come out, na last position he get. Infact his certificate no even write wetin he come out with. Just masters in public health shikena. This guy dey cry everyday say he for find another place waka.

Hmmm. Pure truth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LegitBoyy: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
mumsjoy:

Hmmm. Pure truth

I was so tensed reading that comment given the fact that career in finance are generally easy to get jobs compared to arts & humanities. It is well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
ugomnaanny:
Hello sis and bro in the house, I have a degree in surveying (land) here in Nigeria and hoping for an MSC in the UK, I'm in between choosing project management in construction or remote sensing and GIS, has anyone applied for any of these course and which school is less expensive to study with flexible payment. Pls help a sister

Try University of the West of Scotland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by biggiyke(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
dulahi770:

What if you have someone’s address you want to use
Do u know the legal status of the person you want to use his/her address? Is the person a friend or relative? Did u state that already in your application that u have a relative?
Try and make your application a straightforward one as much as possible. Unless absolutely necessary, limit your application details to yourself and your school. No need to invite more scrutiny than necessary.
Like i stated earlier, your school is your best contact in the UK until you secure your personal accommodation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.