Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091029 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 11:18am On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=viciouswoman post=95494971][/quote]

I believe the question is for Lagos. If so, then here:

Iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2020
oyinthread:
Hi everyone,
Pls, I need your advice. I just finished my Msc in ireland and my husband got an admission at BU in UK and we are considering that since they allow family to move at once.

What are the chances of us getting the visa? And how do I go about applying from Ireland.

Thank you

You're in Ireland and you're asking people in Nigeria how to make an application from Ireland.
Best to check gov.uk site and then TLS Dublin for starters.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaygibson: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Has anyone been able to reach IOM Lagos office through phone call? Apparently all the numbers they put up on their site isn't reachable and I've left them emails to book an appointment.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2020
Congratulations...
Ayolachris:
Visa Alert ! Visa Alert !! Visa Alert !!!

Praise the Almighty God for me....
At last all powerful master, u give leave to ur servants, to go in peace according to ur promise.

My Visa has landed ...
Destination University of Derby kedleston Rd UK
Application 23rd Sept
Biometrics 06th Oct
Visa grant 27th Oct
No calls, no interview

I have 2 Canada student visa Refusals,
One Australian Student visa Refusal
One Bahamas tourist visa Refusal.

But at this time, God said...my Son, this is ur Time.

Join me and thank Him...he's a great God.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=Chreze post=95495164]Greetings. Still on the application matter:

1. On the Dependant application, “visa expiry date” is the course end date of the main applicant right? I remember earlier this year, there was a debate on that. Please can any one confirm this?

Also Nqf 7 is masters level and same as scqf level 11. This is in Ihs payment area where there is no Scqf option.

Anyone please. Thanks

@cyberknight please can u help with the above?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Shegmoon: 11:44am On Oct 30, 2020
The Guru in the house.... Your advice is needed.

I'm going crazy now.....

Its now 46 working days... Since I did my biometric (27th of August)

All my 3 departments have been approved and collected.

I have called and sent mails..many times...

Please help... I'm seriously tired of this process.

Thanks as I await your quick response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2020
Shegmoon:
The Guru in the house.... Your advice is needed.

I'm going crazy now.....

Its now 46 working days... Since I did my biometric (27th of August)

All my 3 departments have been approved and collected.

I have called and sent mails..many times...

Please help... I'm seriously tired of this process.

Thanks as I await your quick response.

Yet to get an update on your visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Shegmoon: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
olalemii:

Yet to get an update on your visa application?

Yes o my brother... Conflicting reports. I'm even planning to visit TLS VI again and shake the table... Pls advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Shegmoon:

Yes o my brother... Conflicting reports. I'm even planning to visit TLS VI again and shake the table... Pls advice

I am in a similar situation. Primary applicant approved 16th September, 3 dependants are still waiting for a decision. Biometrics - Aug 28

I have called, email and escalated. No decision yet!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
What date is ur biometric?

30th September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SmileDance(f): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hello house, please can someone use a neco result to study nursing in the UK, and which schools can she apply to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ayas123456789: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
hi, just printer the statement for visa application. but on the cover letter the bank stated the date account was open which is in September 2020. will these not be a red flag. as may suspect account was open for sole purpose for visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
Elizabeth28:
Hi guys.
Help please.
I am filling my Visa application at the moment.
The issue is,I renewed my passport but the old one has not expired.
I was wrongly advised by the agent to renew it,I it,I didn't know that if it has 6 months validity its still valid.
My old passport has up to 2 years validity.
So the issue now is,my CAS was issued using my new passport number so automatically it's what I should fill during my visa application ,but my old passport has my travel history to South Africa.
My question is,if I declare my travel history to SA I would need to upload my old unexpired passport right?
Is there any negative effect of having an old unexpired passport and a new passport.

Please help,its bugging me so much I cant sleep.

@justwise @aprokodaughter

Anyone help please

There's a portion where it is asked if you have other previous passports, state the old passport number, declare the South African visa, scan both and upload when submitting your application.

Note: This advice is on the assumption that you have nothing to hide in the old passport?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=Chreze post=95495680][/quote]

If you choose your course end date, your dependent's visa will expire on that date while yours will have additional 4 months. Computation of your dependent's ihs will also be less then yours.

I assume if however, you add 4 months to your 1 year course end date, then your Dependent's visa will expire on the same date as yours and you pay the same ihs ie for your course duration and additional 4 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Petite22:
Hello people, pls I need advice. I am a lawyer I want to apply for LLM in UK . Someone suggested LLM in Medical /Health Law or LLM in Cyber Law or LLM in Information Technology. He said going for general LLM is not advisable. Any one in the house with information should advice me accordingly. Thank you.

Depends on if you intend to return to your home country and what you want to use the LLM for in the UK. You definitely cannot practice law with it in the UK so that might be the basis of the advice against a general LLM. However, there are A LOT of other graduate jobs that you are just as eligible as any other graduate for once you meet the basic requirements.

Is it Ulaw that you're considering?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
inphoenix:

If you choose your course end date, your dependent's visa will expire on that date while yours will have additional 4 months. Computation of your dependent's ihs will also be less then yours.

I assume if however, you add 4 months to your 1 year course end date, then your Dependent's visa will expire on the same date as yours and you pay the same ihs ie for your course duration and additional 4 months.

Thank you for the reply. I have decided to use my course end date as it was what I had in mind initially. Whatever happens, I guess we continue from there, if there is need to pay extra, I believe I will be contacted for that. Thanks really app.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
I don't like waiting indefinitely cry

Should I just go to the TLS office with my collection slip even without collection email? I tracked my application and it is still on DMC.

I have already received decision email oo.

Should I go on Monday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by longidorous: 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ayolachris:
Visa Alert ! Visa Alert !! Visa Alert !!!

Praise the Almighty God for me....
At last all powerful master, u give leave to ur servants, to go in peace according to ur promise.

My Visa has landed ...
Destination University of Derby kedleston Rd UK
Application 23rd Sept
Biometrics 06th Oct
Visa grant 27th Oct
No calls, no interview

I have 2 Canada student visa Refusals,
One Australian Student visa Refusal
One Bahamas tourist visa Refusal.

But at this time, God said...my Son, this is ur Time.

Join me and thank Him...he's a great God.

Pls check your mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Petite22(f): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Yes, I am considering Ulaw. Ok noted. What other graduate jobs are available? Some one mentioned social work , but I didn't do anything related to that. Kindly help am kind of confused thanks

Depends on if you intend to return to your home country and what you want to use the LLM for in the UK. You definitely cannot practice law with it in the UK so that might be the basis of the advice against a general LLM. However, there are A LOT of other graduate jobs that you are just as eligible as any other graduate for once you meet the basic requirements.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joshua62: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
Touchdown Edinburgh.....on boy this place cold oooo!

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kingp91: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hi, please i am asking for a friend its very urgent. She has 2 siblings an elder sister who is currently in the uk and her brother who applied with her to solent university in the uk. The brother left for the uk 2 days ago as he was granted visa. She was to leave for the uk until her school emailed her and withdrew her cas because the other part of the balance 3000 pounds hasn't still reflected and this money was paid from her sisters account who is in the uk and she uses Barclays. Apparently her account was blocked when she made the 3k payment reason being that there has been a high influx of money into and out of the account due to the fact that she also paid her brother's fees. Please people with experience whats the work around her getting her account unblocked and is there a fast way to do this ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
Petite22:
Yes, I am considering Ulaw. Ok noted. What other graduate jobs are available? Some one mentioned social work , but I didn't do anything related to that. Kindly help am kind of confused thanks

By graduate jobs, I mean jobs offered specifically by organizations (most of them Tier 2 sponsors) to UK university graduates. These companies recruit students specifically to work after graduation and the qualifications are usually not industry or degree specific because the training is actually part of the job. It is usually very competitive though but there's a method to it.

People recommend social work because it's relatively easy to get jobs in, same as nursing and health related fields, but there are a lot of jobs that are not industry specific, again, there's a method to it. You just need to keep an open mind and willingness to work in any field.

You can try LLM Corporate Governance gradCG, It is accredited by the Chartered Governance Institute for company secretaries and offered at Portsmouth, Lincoln, Ulster and Ulaw (with caution) With that you have your Masters in law and corporate governance, and a company secretary qualification all in one. You can work in compliance or governance which are also good careers that are not degree specific.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chreze:

Thank you for the reply. I have decided to use my course end date as it was what I had in mind initially. Whatever happens, I guess we continue from there, if there is need to pay extra, I believe I will be contacted for that. Thanks really app.

That's fine. They won't contact you to top up, they'll just issue your dependent's visa short of yours by 4 months. Which is OK anyways.

Good luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kingp91: 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
What are the jobs you are talking about that come with training/method to getting them
inphoenix:

By graduate jobs, I mean jobs offered specifically by organizations (most of them Tier 4 sponsors) to UK university graduates. These companies recruit students specifically to work after graduation and the qualifications are usually not industry or degree specific because the training is actually part of the job. It is usually very competitive though but there's a method to it.

People recommend social work because it's relatively easy to get jobs in, same as nursing and health related fields, but there are a lot of jobs that are not industry specific, again, there's a method to it. You just need to keep an open mind and willingness to work in any field.

You can try LLM Corporate Governance gradCG, It is accredited by the Chartered Governance Institute for company secretaries and offered at Portsmouth, Lincoln, Ulster and Ulaw (with caution) With that you have your Masters in law and corporate governance, and a company secretary qualification all in one. You can work in compliance or governance which are also good careers that are not degree specific.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=Chreze post=95495680][/quote]

They're the same level, the SCQF is for Scotland.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kingp91:
What are the jobs you are talking about that come with training/method to getting them

You mean examples?

PWC for instance has a graduate scheme you can apply to even if you're not an accountancy/finance graduate. BT, Openreach and a lot of even less known companies who are also Tier 2 sponsors do offer these graduate jobs. Just apply early and attend your schools' career fairs - the recruitments start at the beginning of the session and lot of Nigerian students skip these events and are busy looking for survival jobs when the main goal should be securing graduate jobs for tier2 sponsorship immediately after you land.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ebohmiracle: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
I just got my pickup mail from TLS contact today
Around 1:45pm I hurried up to the place by 3:10 pm only for them to tell me they close by 3pm.
Biometric date: 23 of September
Decision mail: 21 of October
Pick up mail : 30th of October.

I will share the good news once I collect the visa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
Please guys where is a sure way to change naira to pounds cash? At MMIA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
Petite22:

By ULaw I assume you mean The University of Law?
My advice would be to pay for a brand name - education, like everything else, is a commodity and the University of Law hasn't got a strong brand.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kingp91: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2020
Please someone should say something on this
Kingp91:
Hi, please i am asking for a friend its very urgent. She has 2 siblings an elder sister who is currently in the uk and her brother who applied with her to solent university in the uk. The brother left for the uk 2 days ago as he was granted visa. She was to leave for the uk until her school emailed her and withdrew her cas because the other part of the balance 3000 pounds hasn't still reflected and this money was paid from her sisters account who is in the uk and she uses Barclays. Apparently her account was blocked when she made the 3k payment reason being that there has been a high influx of money into and out of the account due to the fact that she also paid her brother's fees. Please people with experience whats the work around her getting her account unblocked and is there a fast way to do this ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

[quote author=viciouswoman post=95494971][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.