Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091053 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2020
omopapa:
Almost impossible

20hrs a week x 4 weeks = 80hrs a month

If u earn £10/hr for example x 80 = £800 a month

Tax and NI deductions too will have to come out

I thought students don't pay tax in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 11:03am On Nov 18, 2020
dadawig:

Thanks for your response. My question Is should the answer be Yes or No in the attached
It should be yes if you passed English in your WAEC or NECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 11:05am On Nov 18, 2020
Pls do they change your passport number when you do passport renewal? I recently did my tb test and my passport number is on it. I want to apply for renewal now as this old one is expiring very soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2020
iCode2:
I think you don’t pay tax as a student if you are doing 1 job and earning less than £1,041 monthly but there are some tiny deductions that leave sometimes like NI deductions and sometimes pension (Depending on where you work). Unnoticeable deductions I’d say.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2020
iCode2:
Pls do they change your passport number when you do passport renewal? I recently did my tb test and my passport number is on it. I want to apply for renewal now as this old one is expiring very soon.
Yes they do change it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Seyizz: 11:24am On Nov 18, 2020
Congratulations, please check your email. Many Thanks
DonTwice:
Finally he has done it!!! Just picked my Visa.

Biometrics 9th of Nov

Decision mail 12th of Nov

Pick up mail 17th of Nov

Collection 18th of Nov!

I submitted my degree Certificate, bank statement, TB test, passport data page and my CAS.

My thanks goes to everyone on this platform. You all have been helpful one way or the other. Please let's keep up the good work , and keep trying to help others as well in getting their Visas.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2020
Council tax (for police, bin collection, street lights etc) is what you don’t pay

iCode2:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:42am On Nov 18, 2020
iCode2:

You don't pay council tax and you also don't pay personal income tax if you earn below 12,500 annually, which on a student's 20 hours a week is generally not attainable based on the kinds of jobs students can usually do with that time allowance.

There's also a monthly threshold minimum for NI contributions, but I can't remember it now, 700 or so. If you earn below this threshold, you are not liable for NI contributions.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2020
iCode2:

The passport number will change, but the new passport will show the old and the new passport numbers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Samiattt: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2020
PMID:
For those going to middlesex university, is it true that there is no tuition discount?

And how long does it take them to issue CAS after tuition deposit and integrity test?
I got a 2k discount. Call the regional office to put you through. Once you’ve passed the credibility interview and submitted your bank statement you’ll get your CAs after 7 days

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
Cyberknight:

You don't pay council tax and you also don't pay personal income tax if you earn below 12,500 annually, which on a student's 20 hours a week is generally not attainable based on the kinds of jobs students can usually do with that time allowance.
To add to this, you are allowed to work full time during holiday and you can earn more than £1,041 monthly, then a little amount of tax would be deducted too. Sometimes, excess tax is deducted if you have the wrong tax code or if an employer places you on emergency tax code or if you left your job for another without letting the tax office know you no longer work for the previous company, it is assumed you have 2 jobs most times so they charge you excess tax.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
No issues whatsoever applying together as the op was asking about applying separately.

BRP permit is the actual visa that will be collected once you arrive UK. If you applying separately, it has been standard practice to use BRP to apply for your dependants. As UKVI has recently updated their guidelines, I've looked and there's really no mention of such. You can have a look as well

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/922968/SW_Dependant_Guidance_09-2020_v1.0.pdf
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/923750/student-route-casework-guidance.pdf

The closest I could find is the attached (https://www.reading.ac.uk/essentials/International/Visa-and-immigration/Tier-4-dependant-applications)

If you want to apply immediately as you said, you can 'maybe' try the Visa Decision letter. Who knows. You can write a follow up letter with it.

moetariq:
How true is this your assertion? That they cant use your GWF application number to apply for dependant visa? I haven't heard of this, what of those that apply together?

Pls explain better the rationale behind using BRP permit for dependants to apply because my dependants are applying shortly after I get my visa, and I am planning to wait for them to get it so we move together. But this your BRP theory is scary and confusing.

Someone or anyone with experience on this please help clarify.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
DonTwice:
Finally he has done it!!! Just picked my Visa.

Biometrics 9th of Nov

Decision mail 12th of Nov

Pick up mail 17th of Nov

Collection 18th of Nov!

I submitted my degree Certificate, bank statement, TB test, passport data page and my CAS.

My thanks goes to everyone on this platform. You all have been helpful one way or the other. Please let's keep up the good work , and keep trying to help others as well in getting their Visas.

Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by harmony940(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good afternoon gurus please I need some information and advise my can my wife be at school while I work,please how many hours can I work if this is possible,can I work to pay up her balance.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
harmony940:
Good afternoon gurus please I need some information and advise my can my wife be at school while I work,please how many hours can I work if this is possible,can I work to pay up her balance.....
Someone just asked this, please read from page 601 to this current 604!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by luckygirl02(f): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good afternoon everyone. Pls does anyone knows where someone can do a free Corona test in Lagos, Ibadan or Abuja? Pls reply if you have any idea.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
harmony940:
In addition to the fact that your wife can’t work more than 20hours per week during term time, she can work full time during holiday.
You as her dependent can do full time jobs but you can check www.indeed.co.uk for likely salary that is paid for your field of job and you need to know the uk requirements for that job you plan doing when you get here or be ready to do warehouse jobs which is common for men here or care assistant jobs after you have done training. However these small jobs pay you between £8.72 (Minimum wage) to £12 (Depending on the city you are living in or if you are doing support jobs which pay slightly more than care assistant).
Have it in mind too that 20% tax will be deducted if you earn less than £50,000 annually or 40% if over £50, 000 annually. You will pay for rent and some houses charge couples a little over the normal house rent if you are staying in a room (not all houses do this). So, do your calculations and decide if you can pay the balance. To be honest, I have seen people do it here if they are very hard working but try to pay most of the tuition you can before coming here. Covid has made some job scarce so it might not be so easy. My 2 cent.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jagaban17: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good afternoon, I have to trying to book for TB test and not able to. I used the link someone sent to me and this what I got after filling the form. It's my first time btw.

Please help. I want to book the Test asap.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Please, continue calling, the 1 ending with 56 was just picked now & I was able to book a date but no email correspondence. I don't know if to be worried because she only asked for my name & phone no but you'll eventually be able to reach them
didodidode:

All the 3 phone number I was on their website is off.
Please How can I book appointments for TB Test ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bucade11: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good afternoon, is there anyone going to University of Bradford January 2021 intake ‼️‼️‼️‼️

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetkid: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hello house
Can someone pay tuition fees with paga?
cc mimilyrics, Lagosismyhome et al.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
For those that applied to Coventry Uni for January, they are giving a discount of £1,500 called Territory award to students from Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PMID: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
Samiattt:
I got a 2k discount. Call the regional office to put you through. Once you’ve passed the credibility interview and submitted your bank statement you’ll get your CAs after 7 days

Pls check ur mailbox and reply. I need ur phn number to clarify something pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by harmony940(m): 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Patra123:

In addition to the fact that your wife can’t work more than 20hours per week during term time, she can work full time during holiday.
You as her dependent can do full time jobs but you can check www.indeed.co.uk for likely salary that is paid for your field of job and you need to know the uk requirements for that job you plan doing when you get here or be ready to do warehouse jobs which is common for men here or care assistant jobs after you have done training. However these small jobs pay you between £8.72 (Minimum wage) to £12 (Depending on the city you are staying or if you are doing support jobs which pays slightly more than care assistant).
Have it in mind too that 20% tax will be deducted if you earn less than £50,000 annually or 40% if over £50, 000 annually. You will pay for rent and some houses charge couples a little over the normal house rent if you are staying in a room (not all houses does this). So, do your calculations and decide if you can pay the balance. To be honest, I have seen people do it here if they are very hard working but try to pay most of the tuition you can before coming here. Covid has made some job scarce so it might not be so easy. My 2 cent.
May God bless you for this sir.....

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adediwura025: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Did u write IELTS exams?
tossyvickykenny:

I am going to Strathclyde Uni. Lets private chat so we talk further
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Olufemichael:

Hello @LagosismyHome, I sent you a new email notification. I got yours but I just could not gain access to the previous email so I had to change it. Please get back to me at your convenience. Many thanks. Cheers.

This is the best place to reach me ..... pm is one chance .lol. I rarely check the email .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
olalemii:

Congrats, standard application ?

Thank you and yes, standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Seyizz:
Congratulations, please check your email. Many Thanks

Alright I will now. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Graceisallineed:

Congrats

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatima04: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bourne007:
No issues whatsoever applying together as the op was asking about applying separately.

BRP permit is the actual visa that will be collected once you arrive UK. If you applying separately, it has been standard practice to use BRP to apply for your dependants. As UKVI has recently updated their guidelines, I've looked and there's really no mention of such. You can have a look as well

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/922968/SW_Dependant_Guidance_09-2020_v1.0.pdf
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/923750/student-route-casework-guidance.pdf

The closest I could find is the attached (https://www.reading.ac.uk/essentials/International/Visa-and-immigration/Tier-4-dependant-applications)

If you want to apply immediately as you said, you can 'maybe' try the Visa Decision letter. Who knows. You can write a follow up letter with it.

Just to clarify based on personal experience, If applying separately, there are 3 options one can choose from GWF (application reference) Or VAF (located on the visa vignette) or BRP reference number.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Eat50: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
@justwise and mimi... Please I need you guys reply...

Eat50:
Please I want to ask a question...

If I get my visa in November and I want to apply for my spouse while I'm still in Nigeria, do I need to print both my statement of account which shows the living expenses of £9,135 and her statement which shows £6,120 or just my spouse's £6,120 statement of account alone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damysa:
Hello,

Please can you advise on Universities that can give admission to study nursing to students with non science background.

[ quote author=hosey post=95968959]

Apply for MSc Nursing. So many schools give admission for MSc Nursing without first degree in Nursing. Just have health, support or care experience.

You can bring your family for MSc studies. When you graduate, you are eligible to apply for UK Health and Care visa which is very cheap with no IHS payment. You will also be eligible for PSW.

Just google 'msc nursing uk"

Various options in different schools:

https://www.derby.ac.uk/postgraduate/nursing-health-care-practice-courses/nursing-adult-msc/

https://www.derby.ac.uk/postgraduate/nursing-health-care-practice-courses/nursing-mental-health-msc/

https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/postgraduate/next-year/nursing-with-registration-adult/

Go and search for more schools and choose the school that aligns with your learning objectives, financial budgets and preferred location.

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.