Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,497 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091780 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ezriela: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2020
You can call them again cos when I called earlier they said I will get a mail but I didn't get,when I called the 2nd day they wrote wunmi instead of wumi as my email address.
hotboss:
Please I need clarification.

I got a mail from IOM abuja asking if they should book me for December 15th..

And I replied yes within the 24hours window that was stated in d mail.

But till now no response from them at all.. its 1day now.. I want to ask that, hope the appointment will still stand...

Anyone experienced this? I need advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ezriela: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2020
Incase anyone want dec 8 for TB test,I have that date but our Shiloh 2020 will be starting on that date .
I can switch for dec 15/16.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hotboss: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2020
Ezriela:
You can call them again cos when I called earlier they said I will get a mail but I didn't get,when I called the 2nd day they wrote wunmi instead of wumi as my email address.

Thank you..

I just got the confirmation of appointment today with instructions of what to do..

Please house.. will it be too late to bbn apply for by december 20th? I'm resuming january 18th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingsilly(m): 11:20am On Nov 19, 2020
hotboss:

Thank you..

I just got the confirmation of appointment today with instructions of what to do..

Please house.. will it be too late to bbn apply for by december 20th? I'm resuming january 18th
If you pay priority it should be fine, you go get reply in a week

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kc6964(m): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2020
Can someone please suggest any cheap short course study that require short term study visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 11:40am On Nov 19, 2020
Adurami040517:
This is not good at all and November week days is ending next week. But is there any reason for the lateness as most schools have started issuing to their students.
Thanks for your reply

@ adurami040517 Got my CAS last night from LBU. Received yours yet?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Elizabeth28: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2020
Can someone please share sample form for consent letter for dependents.

Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2020
dadawig:

Thanks for this information. For my partner dependant, I added 4 months to my course end date as Visa expiry and it came up with the same amount which I had already paid. Should I fill another application for my child dependant and add 4 additional months to my course end date so I can pay the same amount which I paid?

I'm worried about the IHS payment difference to avoid NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD EMAIL FROM UKVI.

Please advise.

You don’t need to add additional 4 month. Just input the course start and end date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whitley(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
Guys, please I need help concerning my school CAS;
1) They initially asked to see my statement of account of 28days which I have submitted and took a pre-cas questionnaire, only for me to get a mail yesterday saying "
CAS Requests casrequests@greenwich.ac.uk via dkim.mimecast.org
3:18 AM (8 hours ago)
to w*****a@gmail.com

Dear ****y,

Thank you for undertaking the Pre-CAS Interview on CAS Shield. Based on your answers, I would like a little more information for the following question:

How much do you expect to earn in your home country after completing your programme with us?

Please provide your answer in a reply to this email.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

ICA CAS Request Team"

what would be the perfect response to this question ?? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ezriela: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hello PMID pls I sent a message, kindly reply. Thank you
PMID:
Good morning pls I need ur advice urgently on this:

I already have admission at Middlesex uni and deadline to accept is 3 days time but the high cost of London is discouraging me based on self sponsor and limited finance.

Is it wise for me to wait for Birmingham City University admission which the sch agent did for me since 31st of Oct? I prefer Birmingham for obvious reason of low cost.

My fear is that if I did not accept middlesex now, won’t Birmingham disappoint me? And I will loose out of Jan intake.

Have there been cases of admission rejection at Birmingham City uni if u qualify because I have gone thru their requirements and I qualified ?

Note: I already have 4 admissions which was processed myself but tuition seems higher than budget.

Your advice is highly needed pls!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
dadawig:

My course is for 15 months. However as the main applicant, I was not asked for Visa expiry date and I paid $1290.56. I read somewhere online that I am supposed to add 4 months to my course end date as Visa expiry date when paying IHS for dependants. See below what I read on Uni of Warwick website.

Please advise

That may put your application in jeopardy when being accessed by Eco. I'll advice you to put the correct end date stated in your CAS and let the IHS calculator do the rest. The extra four months will be stated once your visa is out, not you adding it by yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Samgalaxy: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
Please what is the Covid 19 travel protocol for student resuming in January 2021? Are they to self-isolate for 14 days prior to their course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Samiattt: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Endlessgrace:

Please how can i claim this tuition discount for my sister. I applied for her here in the UK and got unconditional offer. They requested for ielts but I already sent them her waec result and awaiting a new offer letter.
Hi, just reach out to the regional office. You would have to pay your deposit and write a letter requesting for a discount
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patra123(f): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
whitley:
1) They initially asked to see my statement of account of 28days which I have submitted and took a pre-cas questionnaire, only for me to get a mail yesterday saying "
to w*****a@gmail.com

Dear ****y,
Thank you for undertaking the Pre-CAS Interview on CAS Shield. Based on your answers, I would like a little more information for the following question:

How much do you expect to earn in your home country after completing your programme with us?

Best wishes,
ICA CAS Request Team"
How much do people earn in big cities like Lagos, Abj or even PH after completing the course you want to go for? It’s about being smart and a bit realistic. You don’t want to say a figure that doesn’t exist. Research what people earn after graduating from that course, does doing the course in the Uk make you earn higher than what those that have the same qualifications from Nigerian Universities? Better still, state name of course here so those that answered that during their interviews can tell you the amount they mentioned or what they know about that course. The ball is in your court!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2020
please can we use paypal to make payments for IHS and visa fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Queenbeloveth(f): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hello all, please I need help. Is there anyone who use keystone bank to pay his/her tuition? I filled my form A last week and I got debited or 4015 pounds instead of 4000 pounds I filled in the form and the exchange rate they used was 519, when I contacted the guy that attended to me he said the 15pound is the charges the school bank I'm paying into will charge. My concern now is that, the alert I got doesn't indicate the beneficiary name and number at all. In my statement it only shows that I bought pounds, when I asked the guy from the bank he said the money has been credited to the bank that is inbetween their bank and the school bank, that it's the third party bank that will credit the school before sending the details to me.
I'm totally confused right now, please has anyone experience this before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Shawty10: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you so much Ezriela

Ezriela:
They don't go through x-ray but they will do some minor ones.

ADULT (11 years and above): NGN 57,800

Children (below 11years): NGN 23,120

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Queenbeloveth:
Hello all, please I need help. Is there anyone who use keystone bank to pay his/her tuition? I filled my form A last week and I got debited or 4015 pounds instead of 4000 pounds I filled in the form and the exchange rate they used was 519, when I contacted the guy that attended to me he said the 15pound is the charges the school bank I'm paying into will charge. My concern now is that, the alert I got doesn't indicate the beneficiary name and number at all. In my statement it only shows that I bought pounds, when I asked the guy from the bank he said the money has been credited to the bank that is inbetween their bank and the school bank, that it's the third party bank that will credit the school before sending the details to me.
I'm totally confused right now, please has anyone experience this before?

Ask for a telex copy for this transaction.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Whalesluv: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hello All,

Please how does the Paga Payment work for the payment of IHS fees and Visa fees.

Any idea of the exchange rate used?

Besides this method.. Is there any other recommended option to use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PMID: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
I have replied ur mail

Ezriela:
Hello PMID pls I sent a message, kindly reply. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ezriela: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Good afternoon, for those that have gotten admission from Birmingham city and university of Wolverhampton. How many days does it take to get admission after application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Megadixh: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Whalesluv:
Hello All,

Please how does the Paga Payment work for the payment of IHS fees and Visa fees.

Any idea of the exchange rate used?

Besides this method.. Is there any other recommended option to use?

Upgrade your acct to KYC3, link your card to the paga & then you can pay for both fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Whalesluv: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you...do you know how long the upgrade takes...and did they use close to the official exchange rates pls?

Megadixh:

Upgrade your acct to KYC3, link your card to the paga & then you can pay for both fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SandraDee: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Mine took 2 business days to upgrade (I sent the required documents at about 4pm on a Friday and it was concluded 8am the next Tuesday). Their rate was about N380.5/$1

Whalesluv:
Thank you...do you know how long the upgrade takes...and did they use close to the official exchange rates pls?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fuadayo: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
whitley:
to w*****a@gmail.com

Dear ****y,

Best wishes,

ICA CAS Request Team"

They asked me to , infact I did their interview twice before they gave me CAS. You can say between #1000-#2000 per month, its up to you. I chose Greenwich too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
Good afternoon house,

Please is there anyone who did his/her biometrics in Tlscontact VI Lagos this month, received decision email last week. Have you gotten passport collection email recently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Whalesluv: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you

SandraDee:
Mine took 2 business days to upgrade (I sent the required documents at about 4pm on a Friday and it was concluded 8am the next Tuesday). Their rate was about N380.5/$1

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adurami040517: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank God for that ooo, so am hopeful. Am yet to get mine
Santa2:

@ adurami040517 Got my CAS last night from LBU. Received yours yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Whalesluv: 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
I will need to fund the paga wallet right? Or they will pick from my linked card?

SandraDee:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkyriri: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
gurus in the house please assist. which is the cheapest University to study social work? I've been on google since morning, the cheapest I saw is Bucks new university but they only accept 2.1. please help.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SandraDee: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
I believe both options should work. I however funded my wallet because of a couple of people whose cards were debited after failed transactions and who were having issues getting the debit reversed. I didn't want that experience.

Whalesluv:
I will need to fund the paga wallet right? Or they will pick from my linked card?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jumat14(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ezriela:
Incase anyone want dec 8 for TB test,I have that date but our Shiloh 2020 will be starting on that date .
I can switch for dec 15/16.

Thank you

Okay. can we change I have 14th of December. Lagos centre. Buzz on jumategunjobi@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.