Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095173 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
I think the key thing is to get your CAS issued.. Conditional or Unconditional will no longer matter.That should be the goal for anyone about to study

omopapa:
Usually when you get an unconditional offer of employment for example, it means you have met all the requirements of the job and fully employed

but if u get a conditional offer, then it means your offer is subject to pre-employment checks like references, CRB, occupational health and the likes

Same applies to uni, except that some unis might be using the term wrongly. Read up on the difference here if in doubt[/b]j

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/ucas-undergraduate-types-offer

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Really?

Just knowing this

mimilyrics:
Only parents or legal guardians (you must have court documents to prove legal guardianship)can sponsor a Tier 4 visa applicant who isn't sponsoring him/self. No other family member can sponsor a Tier 4 applicant for visa purposes.

Other sources of funding include
1. Scholarships from official financial sponsors i.e a Tier 4 sponsor (the university or an independent school where the student will be studying), international companies/organisations, Nigerian government (your home govt), the British govt & British Council.

2. Loans from financial institutions approved and regulated by CBN.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yes, any other person has to pay the funds to your account or your parents or guardian's account.
The only bank statements that you can submit for a T4 application are yours or/and your parents/guardian's.

toyclicks:
Really?

Just knowing this

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Please, Is marriage certificate necessary for a married student traveling alone? If it is, for one who lost her certificate to an inferno can an affidavit serve that purpose?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
No, except your spouse is applying as your dependant.

SAMDEEA123:
Please, Is marriage certificate necessary for a married student traveling alone? If it is, for one who lost her certificate to an inferno can an affidavit serve that purpose?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
But for one who has stopped working for a while and with retired parents, I was of the opinion of using my Uncle's account since he is the major sponsor and in active service of a good job.
I also don't want the issue of VO questioning how a retiree or someone not working ATM could possibly afford such funds

The legal document to show guidanship.... can it be obtained from the court fast?

mimilyrics:
Yes, any other person has to pay the funds to your account or your parents or guardian's account.
The only bank statements that you can submit for a T4 application are yours or/and your parents/guardian's.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
mimilyrics:
No, except your spouse is applying as your dependant.

Do you mean I don't need to tender my marriage certificate if I am going alone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
toyclicks:
But for one who has stopped working for a while and with retired parents, I was of the opinion of using my Uncle's account since he is the major sponsor and in active service of a good job.
I also don't want the issue of VO questioning how a retiree or someone not working ATM could possibly afford such funds

The legal document to show guidanship.... can it be obtained from the court fast?

Simple rule una no go follow.

Just put your money in your account or your any of your parents account for 28 days. Your parent should further write an official letter showing their support of funding you.

Since your parents are alive, you cant use your uncle nor any guardian. Even so, there is still a likelihood that any guardian you use will be rejected.

Why do most Nigerians like proving too smart when there are simple rules to follow and adhere to. When they reject your visas, you will just be lamenting that UK are wicked and theives when you yourself is to be blamed.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tell your uncle to transfer to your account or your parents' account because an application with an uncle's bank statement will be rejected for lack of sufficient and acceptable financial evidence.
Money must be in the account 28 days prior to the online submission of your application.

When asked about how you got the funds in your account, you simply say that your uncle who is funding your UK study gave you the money.
On the other hand, your parent(s) are your sponsor(s) if the money is transferred to their account(s) instead of yours; you'd need letter confirming your relationship with them and that you have their consent to use the funds in the account for your study in the UK.

Legal guardianship is usually granted when a child is below legal age, not for anyone over 18. The only adults who can get legal guardians are adults who are incapacitated, incompetent or disabled.

toyclicks:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yes, you don't need to except you choose to provide it.

If he'll be applying as your dependant at any point after you get your visa, he'll need to submit your marriage certificate as part of his application documents.

SAMDEEA123:

Do you mean I don't need to tender my marriage certificate if I am going alone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, you don't need to except you choose to provide it.

If he'll be applying as your dependant at any point after you get your visa, he'll need to submit your marriage certificate as part of his application documents.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:14am On Jun 07, 2020
lol this uncle must be a real son of God to this this.

But wait o, @toyclicks, you mean you did not check the visa requirements before even starting admission? Do we Nigerians research at all? For Canada, you can use uncle etc. For U.K. only your account or parents or legal guardian. It has been said over a million times.

I hope that your uncle comes to your aid, because I can’t imagine him giving you or your parents millions to hold for 28 days in this CONVID19 money scarcity. Goodluck though.
mimilyrics:
Tell your uncle to transfer to your account or your parents' account because an application with an uncle's bank statement will be rejected for lack of sufficient and acceptable financial evidence.
Money must be in the account at 28 days prior to the online submission of your application.

When asked about how you got the funds in your account, you simply say that your uncle or your parent(s) (if the money is transferred to their account instead of yours) who is funding your UK study gave you the money.

Legal guardianship is usually granted when a child is below legal age, not for anyone over 18. The only adults who can get legal guardians are adults who are incapacitated, incompetent or disabled.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:17am On Jun 07, 2020
lol we too like shortcut.
The way you even added “fast” grin grin
toyclicks:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Not certain about this "uncle" but some family members are willing to do this. I know of one situation in which it happened.

Skymoore1004:
lol this uncle must be a real son of God to this this.

But wait o, @toyclicks, you mean you did not check the visa requirements before even starting admission? Do we Nigerians research at all? For Canada, you can use uncle etc. For U.K. only your account or parents or legal guardian. It has been said over a million times.

I hope that your uncle comes to your aid, because I can’t imagine him giving you or your parents millions to hold for 28 days in this CONVID19 money scarcity. Goodluck though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bikaa27(m): 4:22am On Jun 07, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. No special advantage except that you'd be sure that you didn't miss out any document. You can use TinyScan app to scan, resize and save as pdf. You will pay to have it scanned at the VAC.

2. No limit to the number of documents but there's a size limit of about 5mb for each upload.
Whatever you pay for the VAC assisted service upload (£25.20 / N11,700) covers all documents to be scanned.

Thank you for the concise response.

1. Are laminated documents accepted by the VAC officials for scanning and upload from applicants?

2. Is a tier 4 visa applicant required to submit/upload a birth certificate/age declaration document during visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 7:28am On Jun 07, 2020
Hello house,

Please I need your honest and sincere opinion ��

Among the below options which is the best or most certain for main applicant and dependant to get visa;

1. Both main applicant and spouse apply together for tier 4 study and dependant visa (if they have the financial requirements) at the same time.

2. Principal applicant should apply first. Immediately after getting the tier 4 visa (before traveling) spouse should apply for dependant visa. Then both travel at the same time.

3. Principal applicant should apply for tier 4 study visa, travel and settle down (get BRP, accommodation & student ID). Immediately after that, spouse should apply for dependant visa and join the main applicant.

I await for your responses.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gentilityndu: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2020
@justwise and other Gurus in the house, I really appreciate you guys for ur patience in attending to everybody’s issue.. please I want to ask something, my waec was mistakenly registered as female instead of male, secondly, a little mistake in my date of birth (but I have affidavit for that), hope it won’t affect my admission and also during visa process embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:25am On Jun 07, 2020
Graceisallineed:
Hello house,

Please I need your honest and sincere opinion ��

Among the below options which is the best or most certain for main applicant and dependant to get visa;

1. Both main applicant and spouse apply together for tier 4 study and dependant visa (if they have the financial requirements) at the same time.

2. Principal applicant should apply first. Immediately after getting the tier 4 visa (before traveling) spouse should apply for dependant visa. Then both travel at the same time.

3. Principal applicant should apply for tier 4 study visa, travel and settle down (get BRP, accommodation & student ID). Immediately after that, spouse should apply for dependant visa and join the main applicant.

I await for your responses.

Thanks in advance.

as long as you are sure you have all the requirement then it doesnt matter if you apply separately or together. it would be the same end result so then it comes to personal preference

same with travelling together or main applicant going first..........both works . it then depends if your rather you settling in down together or one at a time. for example i prefer couple apply at the same time for visa but traveling it all depends on how familar they are with that country. but as you can see this just my personal preference

if you apply together but want to travel seperately with one settling first , then an important thing to note :Make sure you know the date you will travel to the UK before you apply and state it in your application . Your temporary visa ( vignette sticker ) will only be valid for 30 days once you receive it, and you will need to travel within this period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:40am On Jun 07, 2020
1. See quoted response on laminated documents below.
2. Your travel passport is sufficient.

mimilyrics:
Normally, you'd have to de-laminate it because laminated documents don't allow for easy identification of original documents.

But since you won't be physically submitting your documents to UKVI, it shouldn't be an issue; Just make sure you choose the self-upload option and make sure that your scan is of high quality without showing signs (gloss) of lamination or defacement.

The VAC staff that checks your documents might or might not let it slide. Worst case scenario might be you having to pay the VAC to remove it if they've got a service for that or going somewhere else to do it.

Bikaa27:

Thank you for the concise response.

1. Are laminated documents accepted by the VAC officials for scanning and upload from applicants?

2. Is a tier 4 visa applicant required to submit/upload a birth certificate/age declaration document during visa application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 9:32am On Jun 07, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Will use myself as an example.I got a conditional offer from Uclan and guess what was the condition to pay a deposit of 3500.

I did not even know it was a conditional offer...I was thinking it was unconditional because of the deposit.

I had to go through the offer again and I noticed it was a conditional offer.

Sometimes conditional could mean paying of deposit or submitting more documents.

That's why you have to go through offer very well so you don't make any mistakes. Even their terms and conditions still go through it.

Mine is a conditional offer. I have to send them my bank statement first to ensure I don't have a problem with my visa application before they issue me CAS. Minimum deposit is £4,000.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naijastirling: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Dear All,

Greetings to you all. Please what address should one put in the section whilst completing the Visa Application form online about the info where you intend to live. I and my family want to stay off campus. Please advice if it is best to fill in the school hostel address. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 11:58am On Jun 07, 2020
Hello house,

Please for those that want to make deposit payment through form A, which bank is reliable. Stanbic and Zenith have been frustrating me since last 2 weeks. I started with Stanbic, submitted all the necessary document, and they are requesting for school fees receipt. I don't understand. I move the money to Zenith now they are telling me no funds. I tire for this our Naija banks. Abi them dey hoard the money ni undecided

Which bank is reliable biko?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
naijastirling:
Dear All,

Greetings to you all. Please what address should one put in the section whilst completing the Visa Application form online about the info where you intend to live. I and my family want to stay off campus. Please advice if it is best to fill in the school hostel address. Thank you

I stand to be corrected but most university accommodation are for single people, becos they are shared apartments, using a shared kitchen and parlour (open plan) with all rooms ensuite (room, bath and toilet). So most times, families tend to live off campus.
For the visa application,
i) Discuss with the school international office for directions.
ii) You can also research the school's accomodation website for off campus options
iii) or just book a 1 week stay at any hotel in that city. Then you make an explanation in the application that you would be staying in the hotel temporarily while sorting out your accomodation after arrival.

I think it should be fine since you can't pay for any accommodation until you are assured of getting a visa.
Anyway, these are my thoughts, hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Your school's address is okay. It's not expected that you'd have accomodation paid for at the time of your visa application; you need to know what your options are though.

naijastirling:
Dear All,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Try GTBank. Though not sure about their current situation but they've always come through for me in terms of ForEx (including form A) transactions in the past.

Hubbysluv:
Hello house,

Please for those that want to make deposit payment through form A, which bank is reliable. Stanbic and Zenith have been frustrating me since last 2 weeks. I started with Stanbic, submitted all the necessary document, and they are requesting for school fees receipt. I don't understand. I move the money to Zenith now they are telling me no funds. I tire for this our Naija banks. Abi them dey hoard the money ni undecided

Which bank is reliable biko?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ok i will

mimilyrics:
Try GTBank. Though not sure about their current situation but they've always come through for me in terms of ForEx (including form A) transactions the past.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sthill5: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good day all

I'm a little confused but from my calculations, in order to show maintenance funds plus school fees, I need almost 20m.

Not sure if that's correct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Sthill5:
Good day all

I'm a little confused but from my calculations, in order to show maintenance funds plus school fees, I need almost 20m.

Not sure if that's correct.

How much is it in £ ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by laspo82(m): 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
You need to be abit details, your tuition fees, is your school in London or outside London, are you going alone or which family?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by belovedtianah: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good day All , please my course has a work placement year making the program 2years.
I’m not sure of the amount to keep in my account as maintenance fee. Is it maintenance fee for 9 months or will I factor in my placement year as well ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=Sthill5 post=90404429]Good day all

Not sure if that's correct.[/q]

I would say it depends, I think it would be more like 16m (max) for a single person..for a family of four.. that price range is more ideal..

Calculations:
School fees = avg 13 -15k
maintenace = 9,200
first total = 22 -24k ( in naira , btw 11m -14m)

miscellanous (visa fees, IHS, flight ticket, TB test) = ?? avg 4k (additional 2m)

so using exchange rate of 500/550, it would cost about 13 -16m
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good evening everyone, I'm confused about the Visa fees, checking the ukvisa website Standard visa fee cost almost 175,000,
Then priority Student visa i saw something like 110,000 then super priority visa 458,000.

I'm a little bit confused, can someone please guide me on the visa fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.