Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? (18929 Views)

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by terrezo2002(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
My longest days of fasting

Breaking by 6pm daily
Fasted for over 60 days

Breaking with only fruits daily
14 days

No food
15 days
Let me describe this experience

Day 1
I had a strong motivation to fast. Prayed for grace and strength.

Day 2
Getting weak, but I kept praying and kept motivating myself.

Day 3- 7
Very weak at these days. I was still going to work. I was stressing myself so much.

Day 8-12
Strength was returning but still being careful. Still working as at this time.

Day 14
I took leave at work.

Day 15
I took orange. It tasted so good that I kept drinking orange until I decided to end the fast.

Thank God for the grace of God. If you depend solely on God's grace, you will receive it in abundance.

What I experienced
1. Because of lack of carbohydrates, I had lots of rashes on my body which was itchy.
I couldn't sleep much at night.
2. I was always dehydrated
3. I could not stand for long. I will be dizzy if I do.
4. I hardly talk.

Testimonies
1. I met my wife in the most miraculous way.
2. I got married even when job was not paying much. I could not afford to rent a house as at then.
It was miracle upon miracle for me.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by spencekat(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Three days without food and water.The first time,I joined my eldest sister in an interdenominational program.When I joined MFM,it became a regular experience.MFM loves fasting especially dry fasting.Everytime,come fasting. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Disregard Any News Of Succession Battle In SCOAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.