Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? (18945 Views)

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by jbridges(f): 11:43am On May 03, 2020
chinoify:
I have done so many and still doing at different times but what helped was this book written by Franklin Jentezen *Fasting*..
The 3 most difficult I could remember are.. Let me share and encourage someone that fasting and prayers still works..

1. 21 days of no food, only water. I fasted and prayed about my future and the 20th day, God revealed to me my assignment here on earth. I have not lacked or missed a step ever since.

2. 200+ days of normal 6 -6 fasting, My wife was pregnant of our second baby and had different complications day after day. Two of us are Medical Lab scientist and had to agree that its becoming spiritual.... WHen i began fasting, her condition almost became normal. That night during labour, she drove to the clinic where she works, and acording to her story, she delivered in less the 10 mins of entering the hospital and left the hospital after an hour. People where like madam.. you can't drive.. rada rada... until a friend drove her home. I came back to her after 4days from my place of work.

3. 90+ days of normal 6 -6. I applied for YOUWIN grant during GEJ's regime. The total amount i applied for was #9.2M. I started fasting and praying until i was called to Aso rock, awarded the best Business plan from North East and a cash of 500k from First bank and also given the exact amount i wrote #9.2M in batches to expand my business.

Iam a fan of fasting and prayer works and its still working.

Thanks for this testimonies. Yes, fasting and prayers works and it works like magic. I'm a living testimony. Its only requires determination

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by StrikeBack(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2020
Denique:
It was last year.
Winners annual fasting and prayer that lasts for 21 days.
And one time too, I did a full day dry fast.

Strikeback get in here undecided

What's the longest period you fasted for tongue
Fasting is a total waste of time.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Funshocash: 11:44am On May 03, 2020
oshakab:

Seriously, I'll like to emulate your fasting style oo.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Bruno3000(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Christ has fasted for me for 40 days and nights..

No need to do so again as his fasting made us whole.
grin ur on own o. Better fast n pray, for the days are evil.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 03, 2020
Bruno3000:
grin ur on own o. Better fast n pray, for the days are evil.

The Egyptian we see today, we shall see them no more

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Bruno3000(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The Egyptian we see today, we shall see them no more
na so sha
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:55am On May 03, 2020
Longest without missing a day would be one week! Uh, I listened to more of the word of God via YouTube, I prayed more and read the word, I was cautious of my utterances and actions. It was s great decision for me

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 03, 2020
Mine was 7 says and on the 7th day, God spoke to me, He asked me to go to a particular chapter and verse in the bible, i quickly wrote it down and searched for it. The answer to my prayer was found there. I was just praising God.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by chinoify: 12:09pm On May 03, 2020
Get the book.. It will sure help.
I started with 3 days dry fast, after 5 days. did 7 days dry and after one week, i did 14 days with water only. then 21 days.
Was not easy but worth it.

Intrepid01:

Wow wow....i am moved....how did you do 21 days fasting without food? I've done 7 days n i I know how it feel, I really envy you. please drop or hints for me and I'll also look up that book you mentioned. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Petrucee: 12:17pm On May 03, 2020
Mine was for 40 days, 6-12 on the
last day God answered my prayer.
Thanks be God.hallelujah hallelujah
Amen.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by mrkia(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2020
And to say he just instituted everything about that particular fasting only from his reasoning faculty...
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by tolukem(f): 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
chinoify:
I have done so many and still doing at different times but what helped was this book written by Franklin Jentezen *Fasting*..
The 3 most difficult I could remember are.. Let me share and encourage someone that fasting and prayers still works..

1. 21 days of no food, only water. I fasted and prayed about my future and the 20th day, God revealed to me my assignment here on earth. I have not lacked or missed a step ever since.

2. 200+ days of normal 6 -6 fasting, My wife was pregnant of our second baby and had different complications day after day. Two of us are Medical Lab scientist and had to agree that its becoming spiritual.... WHen i began fasting, her condition almost became normal. That night during labour, she drove to the clinic where she works, and acording to her story, she delivered in less the 10 mins of entering the hospital and left the hospital after an hour. People where like madam.. you can't drive.. rada rada... until a friend drove her home. I came back to her after 4days from my place of work.

3. 90+ days of normal 6 -6. I applied for YOUWIN grant during GEJ's regime. The total amount i applied for was #9.2M. I started fasting and praying until i was called to Aso rock, awarded the best Business plan from North East and a cash of 500k from First bank and also given the exact amount i wrote #9.2M in batches to expand my business.

Iam a fan of fasting and prayer works and its still working.

Thank you for this missive, it has encouraged me, to go back to my life of prayer and fasting. I used to see results and God's leading for my life as well, but I've become lazy and apathetic in the last 6 months to one year now

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Beatswim: 12:37pm On May 03, 2020
In prayer center church of God worldwide.. This is just a Quarterly routine for members and followers to seek God in hunger and fast for three straight days with hot prayers three times Dailly for close to 4hours per service.. The man of God prophet samson oluwamodede would have fasted for seven days before each program.. That has been the secret of all the instant miracles and Authorities he uses over the forces of darkness and kingdom of hell.. The truth is without this fast and prayer its difficult to fulfil your destiny and its difficult to serve God.. And the major truth is power doesn't come without Fasting and prayer...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Beatswim: 12:42pm On May 03, 2020
tolukem:

Thank you for this missive, it has encouraged me, to go back to my life of prayer and fasting. I used to see results and God's leading for my life as well, but I've become lazy and apathetic in the last 6 months to one year now
pls rekindle this as it is a weapon... U are now vulnerable to the kingdom of darkness... Pls dont let them prey on u before u start again sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by mu2sa2: 12:54pm On May 03, 2020
manuelreports:
This is Christian thread
Everybody can comment, no restriction but if it is Muslim thread I will be forced to take some stupid oat before comenting. Is this how Nairaland on its own promote religious sentiment among Nigeria.

Back to the question, the longest fasting I did was 6 to 6 drh fasting
You take oath because uncouth elements go to muslim threads to use gutter language. By contrast, not a single muslim out of the 1.8 billion muslims on earth will utter a swear word about jesus. The mods will have no choice but to change the policy if you guys stop the insults and use of area boy language on muslim threads. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by mechanics(m): 12:57pm On May 03, 2020
It depends on how far your strength can reach you.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Beatswim: 1:09pm On May 03, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

Good morning my christian brothers and sisters. Please I need answers to the following questions.
my questions would be taken from the book of Genesis.

Genesis. 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
"Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life".

Questions:
1. Snake feed on rodents and not dust. Why?
2. Earthworm go on belly. Why? Because earthworm never offended God.
3. If it was Satan who passed through a snake to deceived Eve, why is snake punished to go on belly and eat dust instead of Satan?
thanks for this question sir..
Firstly, As a new convert i will answer your question from my own point of view... Let me first say emphatically that the word of God is not a scientific book hence should be read and taken as a word of God and things that actually happened and shall happen as it was Written exactly...
Secondly, if that has been the question on your mind in the bible... In Romans 9vs 13 U might wanna ask why God said in the same genesis that Jacob i have loved and esau i detest.. The answer is He does everything according to his will and purpose.. Paul apparently said that because he know God has His choice..
Thirdly, i feel that the scripture should be taken and believed exactly the way it was written whatever way God chooses to act in the scripture should be taken as His supreme choice.. As it is written in psalm 115 vs 3...He stays in heaven and does whatsoever pleases him..
Lastly sir.. In my point of veiw i feel whatever we read in the scripture should be believed and taken as such and i pray the lord will deepen your understanding.. Embroaden your knowledge and increases your wisdom as you feast Daily in the scriptures.. Amen
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 03, 2020
anochuko01:
was an undergraduate.....
7 days white fasting with vigil every night plus classes during the day.
i cant be a pastor please...

Wow...that was extreme shocked. Mehnnn you tried. Will you try again?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 03, 2020
HowDareU:
Ahh! I remember in the early 90s, when I was filled in the Holy Spirit; preaching and spreading the gospel. I almost died the day I fasted from 6 am to 6 pm. I even cooked dinner before before the time; looking at the food, the food looking at me.

Lol... This your own eh? grin
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by gradeA(m): 1:32pm On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You never see something.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 03, 2020
martineverest:
most people crying hunger in this lockdown should take advantage of fasting at this period....it will help them boost immunity and antibiotics

Thats fasting of convenience.
Learn to deny yourself even when there's abundance.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 03, 2020
Blackmoran:
I was a kid then, I was forced to fast 3 days dry fasting.. Meaning nothing must touch my mouth for three days.... I survive day 1...... Day 2, I saw someone drinking pap which on a normal day I hate so much, but on this day in my imagination it was equivalent to indomie my favorite food but it was only a wish couldn't taste eyes where on me.... Day 3, they say necessity is the mother of invention early in the morning I find a way to get out of sight there is this banana tree in front of our neighbor compound, getting in there cut a bunch without been spotted..... Find some where and and give myself a good treat.... Went back home and continue my fasting..... Learn something that day though a hungry man has nothing to loose....

Roflol..ow my goodness!!!!! I can't stop laughing mehnnn....
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by BENEFICIAL12(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2020
CAN ONE FAST CONFORTABLY DOING CEMENT WORK? CARRYING CEMENT UPSTAIRS AND SERVING....
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Phenomenal16(f): 1:48pm On May 03, 2020
BENEFICIAL12:
CAN ONE FAST CONFORTABLY DOING CEMENT WORK? CARRYING CEMENT UPSTAIRS AND SERVING....
..u can set apart a time for prayer..maybe weekends as ur strength can Carry
It can be very tiring ...as ur work is very very stressful
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by jadeliyi(m): 1:54pm On May 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

then why did christ said: 'this thing would not happen except by fasting and prayer '.
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by jumper524(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2020
manuelreports:
This is Christian thread
Everybody can comment, no restriction but if it is Muslim thread I will be forced to take some stupid oat before comenting. Is this how Nairaland on its own promote religious sentiment among Nigeria.

Back to the question, the longest fasting I did was 6 to 6 drh fasting
did you see Muslims coming here to insult and condemn Christianity?
If it were the other way, you'll see christains littering the comments with insults upon insults.
Christains brought it on themselves, it wasn't like this before..

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Galactico4ever(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2020
I fasted for 148 hours in a monastery
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by anochuko01(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:

Wow...that was extreme shocked. Mehnnn you tried. Will you try again?

I don't think so o.
Unless I'm called into ministry, which I pray won't happen.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by Jamohdiva(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Kwon1999 post=89128693]I have fasted for two days without food and water.

The reason for the fasting, was to draw Gods attention, so that he will help me gain admission into the university.

After staying at home, for three years, fetching water, drinking Tea and eating Egusi soup, I summoned courage to do that fasting.
SO WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FAST?
Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by ayitty(f): 2:31pm On May 03, 2020
Fasting and praying is not an easy spiritual exercise.
I prepare myself mentally for it and start reducing the quantity of food I consume few days before the spiritual exercise commences.
My longest so far is 201 days.I have done 3 days dry,5 days dry,21 days etc but when I am going beyond 5 days I use water.
Fasting and praying builds my spiritual man and draws me closer to God.

I also noticed then when I add intense worship to it like for example 2-3 hours of worship and studying the Bible it's always an awesome experience with testimonies abounding.

I live a fasting and praying life.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? by slivertongue: 2:40pm On May 03, 2020
105 dsys 6am to 6pm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / The Difference Between Trials And Temptations / Winners Chapel Plants 3000 Rural Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.