Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161025 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
dommakavelli:
I think the law says you are allowed to defer your study for another semester or 150 days, whichever comes first. For example, if you're supposed to start in September but can't make it, you're allowed to start in January and that would be the latest. Just make sure you have a valid admission letter.
Also, I believe Canada chooses not to issue visa for the spring and summer semesters to protect the integrity of this law.

Hello dommakavelli

For the bolded please can you elaborate more. Are you saying that IRCC is not going to issue visa for we the fall semester.

Thank you and Stay Blessed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
dommakavelli:
I think the law says you are allowed to defer your study for another semester or 150 days, whichever comes first. For example, if you're supposed to start in September but can't make it, you're allowed to start in January and that would be the latest. Just make sure you have a valid admission letter.
Also, I believe Canada chooses not to issue visa for the spring and summer semesters to protect the integrity of this law.

The bolded is totally incorrect unless proven otherwise with source. Pls we need to be careful with the info we share here cos timid ones will read and believe.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
That's it! You got what I meant 100%
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way around it yet.

I really wanted my client info document to be easy to navigate from the table of contents.

At the moment, I just placed the page number beside each content heading.

I plan to submit today but right now the Canadian website is saying Bad Gateway error 502.

Insanity:

Thanks for this insight, very helpful post on pg 116.
I think he was asking for how to hyperlink the table of content such that, when clicked, directs the user to the document page within the merged documents. I have been looking for how to do that too, because the table of contents is doc but the documents is pdf and I think you can't hyperlink in a pdf document.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong Jermaineayo.

Do you have any way to do this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
I'm doing an online application, I have been able to write my name for the imm 1294 and imm 5257 but the imm 5645 (Family info) doesn't allow me to type in anything let alone sign. Anyone with a similar challenge?
Anon123:

If it's an online application you are doing, you only write your full name at the section that requires your signature. If you are apply paper route, you print the Immm form and sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mogullet: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
I'm really grateful for all the insights you Gurus are making available to help newbies like me avoid mistakes on this quest.

I am a wife and mother of 3 with an admission to study a PGD at Saskpoly, my plan is to apply for my study permit visa without my family and use them and our family businesses as my tie back home.

My second plan is for them to apply for a tourist visa after I have gotten my study permit so that my kids can come with me

Please Gurus, what do you advise, I am really scared that it would be in their immigration records as misrepresentation that would affect my PR later because my application would show that I don't intend travelling with them.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by H3NR1: 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hi bosses! @justmellow @Frankrobbn1 @Tonyodg!

Pls can you help to review my SOP? I can send you the link for review if that's okay.

My application profile and docs:

* I am a secondary school graduate from the year 2018 that just turned 18. I applied to Brandon University to study nursing of which I was admitted for a one-year pre-nursing program (after which I'd be admitted to the full program on passing further requirements for the course).
* I have prepared my living allowance of up to $11000 CAD and my sponsor, who happens to be my uncle, has paid half of my fees for the session.
* I have the following documents:
****Admission Letter to the Pre-nursing program at Brandon University
****Affidavit of Support from my uncle
****Payslip from my Uncle
****Admission letter
****Receipt of school fees payment
****Bank statement of 6 months from sponsor
****Bank statement of 6 months for myself (already having the living expenses)
****Payment Receipt for my tuition fees
****Payment Receipt for my accommodation
****My birth certificate
****My Father's Death certificate
****Family tree chart
****Photo evidence to show my relationship with my uncle

This thread has really been helpful and I have been able to go far with my application with the help I got here. Thank you all so much.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please is there anyone here that got admission into a two year program at the University of Alberta set to commence this Fall?
A brother really needs help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Jermaineayo:
That's it! You got what I meant 100%
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way around it yet.

I really wanted my client info document to be easy to navigate from the table of contents.

At the moment, I just placed the page number beside each content heading.

I plan to submit today but right now the Canadian website is saying Bad Gateway error 502.

I am experiencing your last paragraph too. Please what is the way out
Can anyone please help....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Emmyinks: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Pls how do I book for medicals upfront? The mhac link is not going through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

I will be able to answer your second question

Do await a response to your First Question

- Find a Sample of a Sponsorship Letter (Father as Sponsor)
Source: Canada Study Visa Thread Part 15

Note: Avoid Plagiarism to the Bare-minimum

All the Best

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello team, is it smarter to justify attaching land and car documents stating that they'll be on lease in my absence to generate income, or just state them as property owned without the lease part? I'm wondering if the lease part will suggest sell off to VO
PS - the income part is not to add to living expenses o because the finances required are all available. Just wondering why people present car as home tie for 2 years study. Will the car be parked that long or what? Lolz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
H3NR1:
Hi bosses! @justmellow @Frankrobbn1 @Tonyodg!
And nairalanders here!

Pls can you help to review my SOP, it's on pastebin.com site accessible with this.

My application profile and docs:

* I am a secondary school graduate from the year 2018 that just turned 18. I applied to Brandon University to study nursing of which I was admitted for a one-year pre-nursing program (after which I'd be admitted to the full program on passing further requirements for the course).
* I have prepared my living allowance of up to $11000 CAD and my sponsor, who happens to be my uncle, has paid half of my fees for the session.
* I have the following documents:
****Admission Letter to the Pre-nursing program at Brandon University
****Affidavit of Support from my uncle
****Payslip from my Uncle
****Admission letter
****Receipt of school fees payment
****Bank statement of 6 months from sponsor
****Bank statement of 6 months for myself (already having the living expenses)
****Payment Receipt for my tuition fees
****Payment Receipt for my accommodation
****My birth certificate
****My Father's Death certificate
****Family tree chart
****Photo evidence to show my relationship with my uncle

This thread has really been helpful and I have been able to go far with my application with the help I got here. Thank you all so much.

I think the documents you have listed out are perfectly adequate to land you an approval if luck finds your application. Again, Over my 4 years of existence and valuable experiences on this thread, i have come to learn that its very difficult to get VISA with this Pre-Nursing program at Brandon University. Majority of persons I know like 7-10 of them were refused on the basis of their purpose of visit. I would rather prefer you go for a direct Bachelor's degree which doesn't require any prerequisite courses to be completed prior to your enrollment into the main program.

Please for your good and if you don't want the contents of your letter to be plagiarized by others on this thread. Kindly remove the link you've attached with this post. If you require any assistance in terms of SOP vetting you can contact any of the knowledgeable and trustworthy individuals on this thread.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
Emmyinks:
Pls how do I book for medicals upfront? The mhac link is not going through.

Contact the panel physician close to you and send across the details of the country you're going to (CANADA), type of Visa you applying for (STUDENT VISA) and suitable date for the medical examination.

There is no much/special requirement for an upfront medicals. A copy of your int'l passport and proof of payment for medical fee of N46,500 is fine.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Contact the panel physician close to you and send across the details of the country you're going for (CANADA), type of Visa you applying for (STUDENT VISA) and suitable date for the medical examination.

There is no much/special requirement for an upfront medicals. A copy of your int'l passport and proof of payment for medical fee of N46,500 is fine.

It will end in praise.
Well-done @frankrobbn1, trust u are doing great?,

Do you have an idea for the medical fee at Q-LIFE
?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Well-done @frankrobbn1, trust u are doing great?,

Do you have an idea for the medical fee at Q-LIFE
?

Thanks

I'm doing very well. Thank you Sir!

Q-LIFE medical fee cost 35k.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I'm doing very well. Thank you Sir!

Q-LIFE medical fee cost 35k.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise
Alright @frankrobbn1
Roger that..

Yes it did

Thanks, i do appreciate...

AMEN!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by H3NR1: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I think the documents you have listed out are perfectly adequate to land you an approval if luck finds your application. Again, Over my 4 years of existence and valuable experiences on this thread, i have come to learn that its very difficult to get VISA with this Pre-Nursing program at Brandon University. Majority of persons I know like 7-10 of them were refused on the basis of their purpose of visit. I would rather prefer you go for a direct Bachelor's degree which doesn't require any prerequisite courses to be completed prior to your enrollment into the main program.

Please for your good and if you don't want the contents of your letter to be plagiarized by others on this thread. Kindly remove the link you've attached with this post. If you require any assistance in terms of SOP vetting you can contact any of the knowledgeable and trustworthy individuals on this thread.

It will end in praise

Thank you very much for the response, by God's grace it will end in praise.

Pls I sent a message request to you boss. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello.

Please when can we start doing biometrics? I heard the interstate lockdown has been lifted.

Any info?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
H3NR1:

Thank you very much for the response, by God's grace it will end in praise.

Pls I sent a message request to you boss. Thanks

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your email. Please note that due to the unusual SOP's and complaints from prospective applicants. I may not be chanced to review your letter at this time.

I would suggest you send this letter to any of the trusted and reliable people on this thread.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this might cause you.

In the mean time, if you have any questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

High Regards,
Frank

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello.

Please when can we start doing biometrics? I heard the interstate lockdown has been lifted.

Any info?

Thanks.

Several countries VAC are beginning to re-open gradually. The re-opening of VAC in Nigeria is totally on IRCC discretion. This has got nothing to do with interstate lockdown been lifted. I think from July activities should be back to normal and applicants can go for their biometrics enrollment.

It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Does it mean no one is experiencing the Bad Gateway 502 on CIC website?
People just they Waka pass as if say na only me follow come...

Na wa o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by H3NR1: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your email. Please note that due to the unusual SOP's and complaints from prospective applicants. I may not be chanced to review your letter at this time.

I would suggest you send this letter to any of the trusted and reliable people on this thread.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this might cause you.

In the mean time, if you have any questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

High Regards,
Frank

It will end in praise

Thanks a lot boss, I understand.

My major concern is that I stated that I volunteered at a clinic and that I also had affiliations with health clubs when I was in secondary school but have no documents to show as evidence for these. So, I wanted to ask if me not having to provide any docs for the volunteer/affiliations is a problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hey Iceman2020!
I'm experiencing the same too. Are you going to the university of Alberta?
Iceman2020:

Na wa o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello sir,

I really appreciate all your efforts and responses. Please, in my offer letter, my school put in fees for first and second academic sessions in a table and the third column summed them up.

My question is when filling my application for study permit, the part that says cost of tuition...should I put the combined amount for the whole program or just the one for the first session?

Secondly, it is very well with the bank statements I have and I'm thinking of filling in 8,000 CAD for room an board and 2,000 CAD for OTHERS.

Boss, please do you think that will be a good idea? Your response will be highly appreciated. BTW, the school is University of Alberta [M.ENG Program].

H3NR1:

Thanks a lot boss, I understand.

My major concern is that I stated that I volunteered at a clinic and that I also had affiliations with health clubs when I was in secondary school but have no documents to show as evidence for these. So, I wanted to ask if me not having to provide any docs for the volunteer/affiliations is a problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
@Frankrobbn1
Jermaineayo:
Hello sir,

I really appreciate all your efforts and responses. Please, in my offer letter, my school put in fees for first and second academic sessions in a table and the third column summed them up.

My question is when filling my application for study permit, the part that says cost of tuition...should I put the combined amount for the whole program or just the one for the first session?

Secondly, it is very well with the bank statements I have and I'm thinking of filling in 8,000 CAD for room an board and 2,000 CAD for OTHERS.

Boss, please do you think that will be a good idea? Your response will be highly appreciated. BTW, the school is University of Alberta [M.ENG Program].

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
@thesoj please help me.

I created a table of content listing all the documents I have attached for my application.

But I'm finding it difficult to link all the items in the table of content to their respective pages on the single document

I believe this makes it very easy for the VO to navigate to the specific documents he/she is interested in seamlessly.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
Your last statement is absolutely FALSE ! Do you work with IRCC? Common , stop misleading people with your wrong assertions.

dommakavelli:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
First of all, I said I "believe". So, this is an opinion, not a fact. And I did not say anything about the fall semester. I said summer and spring (May/june)

aliadi2:

Hello dommakavelli

For the bolded please can you elaborate more. Are you saying that IRCC is not going to issue visa for we the fall semester.

Thank you and Stay Blessed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
Iceman2020:

Na wa o

Clear the CACHE of your browser and try login again. Let me know if the issue persists.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.