Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159633 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello,
If you have been granted admission by an institution, college , University (Designated Learning Institute) in Canada, basically, you have an acceptance letter at hand and have been informed to apply for a study permit.

Do check this out:

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION:

Get as many as the shortlisted documents and include them with your application.

Sponsor 1 Documents (Company)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Article of association and memorandum
3. CAC CERTIFICATE
4. Particulars of directors in the company
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Company bank statements for the past six (6) months.
7. Board Resolution Letter stating that they are fully aware of this sponsorship and approve it.
8. Affidavit of Support
9. Business invoices

Sponsor 2 Documents (father)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (if employed) OR business documents (if self-employed) (CAC certificate, Article of association and memorandum, tax clearance certificate, particulars of directors in the company).
3. Pay slips
4. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
5. Copy of sponsors international passport
6. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
7. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
8. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)

Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E) or (IMM5707E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account) (if any).
12. Employment pay slip for the past 4 months
13. Copy of Birth Certificate
14. Copy of Police Character Certificate
15. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
16. Copy of Degree Certificate
17. Copy of Certificate of National Service
18. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
19. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
20. Copy of family picture. (not compulsory)
21. Resume
22. Professional Certifications (if any)
23. Volunteer letters
24. Recommendation letters from job experience

If you're using a company sponsorship as primary proof of support, I would suggest you get them to pay part of your tuition fee and transfer the living expenses to your account. This will solve the issue of funds accessibility and availability that might be raised by the visa officer.

Best of luck

If you have digested this, then you can now ask your questions on how to begin and make a well-packaged Canada Study Visa Application

Your Questions Will be Answered.
good morning No 1,23 where do I get it and also can I get police certificate in anambra state

My younger brother is unemployed, how do I go about 8,9,10,11,12

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2020
Good morning please can I send you an E mail
Lekiboboe:

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2020
Please help with this

aliadi2:

Thanks alot brother

Please may i ask how will i go for the medical and what are the things i can take along and also how will they update it in my status. Please those that have gone through this process please help. I need to do the medical just to speed up my application because that is the only option right now while we wait for VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2020
Omah7979:
good morning No 1,23 where do I get it and also can I get police certificate in anambra state

My younger brother is unemployed, how do I go about 8,9,10,11,12

Applicants Document
No. 1 can be gotten from a Photographer (though its soft copy -"Digital copy" that is needed, not hard copy and this photograph has specifications - Length and breadth, face positioning etc., Do visit CIC website for more info on that)

No. 2. Is Optional (since u are doing an online application which is the only accepted medium of application presently)

No. 3 is one of the form u will download from CIC website and fill when u want to submit an Application U need the Latest Acrobat DC PDF reader for this

- Police cert. Is gotten in Lagos

About unemployment,
Is ur brother a Univ. Or Polytechnic graduate?
Has he done NYSC?
Is he engaged in any form of skilled work/trade?

For more tips ,
Start reading from Page 1, there are vital and important information there that would walk ur brother through a successful application

And as regards filling of all the Important forms for study Permit, check page 29 for Video Tutorials & Step by Step guides on how to fill and submit the forms.

So if you have questions along the line, do ask here in the platform,it will be responded to

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jwon1: 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
With the uncertainties around VAC/VFS regarding biometrics capturing, I think IRCC should consider alternative means to control this process for now.

Why can't applicants get a biometric scanner by themselves and log in to IRCC secured website to capture their biometrics? Also, the system should be developed to validate that the placement of fingers, facial capture are all done properly. Upon arrival to Canada, they can further update the record using their systems.

In addition, for applicants with valid USA visa or recently got captured by the USA agency, why can't they request for such applicants biometric data, if truly they share information with selected countries.

There is a need to review IRCC process assets - procedures, policies etc. in order to make it adapt to the present reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
Jetline:

Is it proper to take the gamble if Approval has dropped?NB:passport submitted,waiting for return of processed passport.

This is better. Without guaranteed approval or scholarship, I will not advise people to risk it if you know that you can’t afford to loose your money. School will not refund you once you start classes and doing that does not guarantee your visa.

If you can’t afford to take the risk, defer your admission. VAC should open before winter and COVID frenzy will be low, if not gone, by Next year September. Know your risk tolerance and Be smart with your decisions.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
jwon1:
With the uncertainties around VAC/VFS regarding biometrics capturing, I think IRCC should consider alternative means to control this process for now.

Why can't applicants get a biometric scanner by themselves and log in to IRCC secured website to capture their biometrics? Also, the system should be developed to validate that the placement of fingers, facial capture are all done properly. Upon arrival to Canada, they can further update the record using their systems.

In addition, for applicants with valid USA visa or recently got captured by the USA agency, why can't they request for such applicants biometric data, if truly they share information with selected countries.

There is a need to review IRCC process assets - procedures, policies etc. in order to make it adapt to the present reality.

For those that have applied for US visa before, they authorized sharing their information for security check not for transfer to other countries.

For biometric capturing, Canada has process in place for that. There are procedures to follow to change that. government would rather wait than initiate this processes because this is a pandemic case. There is no need to rush to bring people in.

A lot of things have changed or paused because of COVID. I have friends and associates who have not receive any update on their PR or citizenship application. Everyone just have to be patient.

I would advise Nigerian student visa applicants to take their time and prepare a good application. Canada is not smiling with your documents. Perhaps extra 4 months is good for your bank accounts, economic profile, or for you to understand the process. If so, take it and use it well. Dem no care if you are in a rush o.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you very much!! Please what documents do we need for the police certificate and how much does it cost
Lekiboboe:

Applicants Document
No. 1 can be gotten from a Photographer (though its soft copy -"Digital copy" that is needed, not hard copy and this photograph has specifications - Length and breadth, face positioning etc., Do visit CIC website for more info on that)

No. 2. Is Optional (since u are doing an online application which is the only accepted medium of application presently)

No. 3 is one of the form u will download from CIC website and fill when u want to submit an Application U need the Latest Acrobat DC PDF reader for this

About unemployment,
Has he done NYSC?

For more tips ,
Start reading from Page 1, there are vital and important information there that would walk ur brother through a successful application

And as regards filling of all the Important forms for study Permit, check page 29 for Video Tutorials & Step by Step guides on how to fill and submit the forms.

So if you have questions along the line, do ask here in the platform,it will be responded to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
No he’s a university graduate and done Nysc

Currently, no work no business
Lekiboboe:

Applicants Document

About unemployment,
Has he done NYSC?

For more tips ,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
Good question!. You should be aware that if you study without a valid study permit, those periods won't count toward your Postgraduate work permit. Also, the sticker on your passport is a visa, not a study permit. You have to go through the Canadian border to receive a study permit. So, you need to be sure if a study visa would also count as having a study permit.
Maybe you should call IRCC to confirm.

Jetline:

Is it proper to take the gamble if Approval has dropped?NB:passport submitted,waiting for return of processed passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Omah7979:
Thank you very much!! Please what documents do we need for the police certificate and how much does it cost
u are welcome,

Police Character Certificate is gotten @ Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos

- u are to go there with ur International Passport (Valid) & a Passport Photograph,
The price ranges from #5K to #10K

Note: Police Clearance Certificate is valid for 3-Months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Omah7979:
No he’s a university graduate and done Nysc

Currently, no work no business
My own suggestion,
if he recently finished his NYSC (like March 2020) then his NYSC would shows his work experience

- Most esp. His NYSC posting Letter showing he was accepted to where he worked for 1 year (his PPA - Place of Primary Assignment)
- NYSC discharge certificate
- PPA Recommendation letter (if any)
- NYSC ID card
- NYSC Call-up letter

In the IMM form when he gets to the place they asked for Job/Occupation , NYSC should be what he should write there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Omah7979:

You just go with your international passport and passport photo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
I acknowledged your mail

Sleekigboguy:

Bro i sent you an e-mail.. please check it out.. Will love to talk to you about your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Which other grammar will I speak for UBA to give me this? They look at me like I'm speaking gibberish.. I'll prefer this ticket to bulky SOA

For Uba mybankticket you can get it from your online Banking profile. You don’t have to go to the bank. Once it is done you will get the ticket page in your email and you attach that to your application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kpraise: 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please has anyone done their medicals recently? I have been trying to reach IOM but their numbers are switched off
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you very much!!!
Lekiboboe:
My own suggestion,
if he recently finished his NYSC (like March 2020) then his NYSC would shows his work experience

- Most esp. His NYSC posting Letter showing he was accepted to where he worked for 1 year (his PPA - Place of Primary Assignment)
- NYSC discharge certificate
- PPA Recommendation letter (if any)
- NYSC ID card
- NYSC Call-up letter

In the IMM form when he gets to the place they asked for Job/Occupation , NYSC should be what he should write there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you very much for all the replies,

Also , since I don’t live in Lagos can someone get the police certificate for me?
Lekiboboe:
u are welcome,

Police Character Certificate is gotten @ Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos

- u are to go there with ur International Passport (Valid) & a Passport Photograph,
The price ranges from #5K to #10K

Note: Police Clearance Certificate is valid for 3-Months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
I am grateful
Anon123:

You just go with your international passport and passport photo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
Kpraise:
Please has anyone done their medicals recently? I have been trying to reach IOM but their numbers are switched off
Try mail them if u haven't

- iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Or reach out to this Attendant, Anazor Chinyere via this e-mail - canazor@iom.int

She's responsible for Upfront Medical Exam appointment bookings (if that's what u booked for)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
Omah7979:

Also , since I don’t live in Lagos can someone get the police certificate for me?
I think it can only be done in Lagos, don't know if it can be done in other States, probably someone in the forum can respond to that

And it can't be gotten for him, ur brother needs to be there in person, cos all the FINGERPRINTS on his TEN Fingers is needed for the P.C.C.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you.. I had checked the online platforms but couldn't. I've got it now, had to go to their HQ here..
Luckymama:

For Uba mybankticket you can get it from your online Banking profile. You don’t have to go to the bank. Once it is done you will get the ticket page in your email and you attach that to your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ditha(f): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
I did mine at force headquarters in Abuja for 10k, I was able to do it for 2 of my colleagues that weren't in abuja/lagos
Omah7979:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ditha(f): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
I was able to do it for some of my colleagues that weren't in abuja, the officer sent the forms to them and they used ink to put their fingerprints, they sent it back and when it was done, the certificates were scanned and sent to them, while the hardcopies were sent to abj via waybill
Lekiboboe:

I think it can only be done in Lagos, don't know if it can be done in other States, probably someone in the forum can respond to that

And it can't be gotten for him, ur brother needs to be there in person, cos all the FINGERPRINTS on his TEN Fingers is needed for the P.C.C.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
ditha:
I was able to do it for some of my colleagues that weren't in abuja, the officer sent the forms to them and they used ink to put their fingerprints, they sent it back and when it was done, the certificates were scanned and sent to them, while the hardcopies were sent to abj via waybill
Wow , really, that's wonderful....

Now that Means it's not compulsory to be in Lagos before one can do a Police Clearance Certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ditha(f): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
Yeah, I even got the scanned copy same day,
Lekiboboe:

Wow , really, that's wonderful....

Now that Means it's not compulsory to be in Lagos before one can do a Police Clearance Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
ditha:
Yeah, I even got the scanned copy same day,
Fantabolous cheesy

, thanks for the input, u did well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by degxyflexy: 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
Go to the police headquarters in your state and tell them you want police character certificate, they will take your fingerprints and you will pay. They know how to send it across to FCID Alagbon in Lagos. It might just take a sometime depending on how quickly they can get it across to Lagos.
Omah7979:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by degxyflexy: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
His fingerprints and particulars will be taken and send through his states police headquarters.
Lekiboboe:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Frank just answered this same enquiry on this very page. Why don't people like to read sef? Nobody should come for me o, it gets annoying most times.. I just finished reading all 644 pages of part 16 plus older parts of this thread, infact I'm now a guru grin.. You can never know everything you're supposed to even ask until you read
Children of God, pls read o. Shebi na read una wan go do for canada? Start practicing from here

Lol, this man sef . Your own dey ur body.

But you're right , all these repeated questions & answers dey annoying. Me sef started reading on Wednesday & I don finish am( I actually saw this ur reply & na so I just dey laff say make I finish am b4 I come reply u).

Big & special thanks to Frankrobbn1, justmellow, naijaforeigner, lekiboboe, anon123,nwanyiokpa, luckymama, dommakavelli, cryatalheart, omah7979 & a host of others that have greatly contributed to this thread. May God bless you all #itWillEndInPraise

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.