Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159396 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
U haff try... Good job...

PS - I no be man o. I'm a she, her, female; and na my dey I dey. Lolz

Akiliogidi:

Lol, this man sef . Your own dey ur body.

But you're right , all these repeated questions & answers dey annoying. Me sef started reading on Wednesday & I don finish am( I actually saw this ur reply & na so I just dey laff say make I finish am b4 I come reply u).

Big & special thanks to Frankrobbn1, justmellow, naijaforeigner, lekiboboe, anon123,nwanyiokpa, luckymama, dommakavelli, cryatalheart, omah7979 & a host of others that have greatly contributed to this thread. May God bless you all #itWillEndInPraise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kpraise: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you so much!
Lekiboboe:

Try mail them if u haven't

- iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Or reach out to this Attendant, Anazor Chinyere via this e-mail - canazor@iom.int

She's responsible for Upfront Medical Exam appointment bookings (if that's what u booked for)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chris182: 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
Yes, a lot of my friends did theirs in Anambra, other states do it.
Lekiboboe:

Wow , really, that's wonderful....

Now that Means it's not compulsory to be in Lagos before one can do a Police Clearance Certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
Kpraise:
Thank you so much!
u are Welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 4:04am On Jul 11, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
U haff try... Good job...

PS - I no be man o. I'm a she, her, female; and na my dey I dey. Lolz

Always thought you were a guy. This explains alot. grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lighthousearc: 5:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Hi Nairalanders, i will advise everyone to pause/ stop fresh student applications for now. There's a 80% - 90% chance you will be rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KlausMike(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2020
lighthousearc:
Hi Nairalanders, i will advise everyone to pause/ stop fresh student applications for now. There's a 80% - 90% chance you will be rejected.

Hmmm.. how did you come about this info or suggestion?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2020
Irrespective of admission session? Kindly tell us what you know so that we'll believe your advice

lighthousearc:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Irrespective of admission session? Kindly tell us what you know so that we'll believe your advice

grin Good point
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 11, 2020
lighthousearc:
Good day to you please can you give us a concrete proof as to why this sentence should be valid ? Unless you are a visa officer which I believe not cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lighthousearc: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2020
I'm not a Visa officer neither am i here to discourage anyone. But during this pandemic period pause or stop all fresh applications till things normalize or have a PLAN B. A RCIC friend forwarded this to me....you need to have a linkedin account to be about to view this pages.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6686715758136885248/

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6679417608569135104/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
lighthousearc:
I'm not a Visa officer neither am i here to discourage anyone. But during this pandemic period pause or stop all fresh applications till things normalize or have a PLAN B. A RCIC friend forwarded this to me....you need to have a linkedin account to be about to view this pages.

Can't you just do a screenshot or summary of the contents here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lighthousearc: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

I don't need anyone to believe me. Not everyone on nairaland shares their rejection story and we can see that every year there's a declining rate in SP granted to West African Nationals. Indians who have easier "SDS" application process are signing petitions against the Canadian Govt in regards to their SP. Talk-less Nigerians still applying during the pandemic. "FYI application fee is NOT refundable".

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2020
lighthousearc:

This is basically talking about what has been going on lately. we all know obtaining a study visa has not been so favourable to Nigerians for a while now, From my opinion your statement is not valid and this doesn’t even correlate to a person applying for a visa during this pandemic, even after the pandemic those they would approve they would likewise those they Would refuse. IRCC has even stated it themselves they would continue accepting applications.
Visa is not a right it’s a privilege
best regards.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:02am On Jul 11, 2020
Lekiboboe:

@frankrobbn1

What if a sch. says that

As things stand today, you are permitted to travel to Canada for classes beginning in the Fall 2020 semester if:

-You have a valid study permit that was issued before March 18, 2020
-Your program requires hands-on learning (labs) that can only be completed on campus

If your study permit was issued before March 18, 2020, but your program does not require hands-on learning on campus for the Fall 2020 semester, we are requesting that you remain in your home country to begin your studies.

If your study permit was issued to you after March 18, 2020, you are not yet permitted to travel to Canada. Your studies will begin in your home country

NB: And this program is not available for deferment to other intake

The question is :
What if an applicant's program is strictly "On-Campus learning classes (lab components)" Option, with "No Virtual Learning Option" , but haven't gotten a decision yet as regards Canada Study Visa,
Is he/she permitted to travel once he/she gets his/her Canada Study Visa?

If NO,
What do you suggest for such applicant ?

Thanks...

The school has already made it crystal clear following IRCC instructions/updates about applicants who can enter to and/from Canada for studies at this COVID-19 period. In a situation like this, the applicant should defer to Fall 2021 considering that the program is not available for closer intake and secure his/her VISA before travelling to Canada.

It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lighthousearc: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2020
Tonyodg:
This is basically talking about what has been going on lately. we all know obtaining a study visa has not been so favourable to Nigerians for a while now, From my opinion your statement is not valid and this doesn’t even correlate to a person applying for a visa during this pandemic, even after the pandemic those they would approve they would likewise those they Would refuse. IRCC has even stated it themselves they would continue accepting applications.
Visa is not a right it’s a privilege
best regards.

This is not a statement of Valid or not valid! in my statement i said "I advise Nigerians to pause or stop fresh applications, so it's left for you to do so or not. I'm not paying your application fees, neither will i be the one deferring your admission intake. Can you read the second link regarding applications been on hold for months, some since Feb for Indians with SDS application process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2020
lighthousearc:

This is not new and it has nothing to do with the Pandemic.

According to Data from IRCC between Jan and May 2019, 81% of study permit applications from Nigeria were rejected and the number keeps increasing yearly.

Three things are primarily responsible for this.

1. The increasing number of applicants every year.
2. The activities of Nigerians in Canada who do not keep to the terms of their study permit.
3. Increasing incidents of forgery in documents tendered for Visa application.

You can only do your best not be part of these statistics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lighthousearc: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2020
Nwannediutor:

This is not new and it has nothing to do with the Pandemic.

According to Data from IRCC between Jan and May 2019, 81% of study permit applications from Nigeria were rejected and the number keeps increasing yearly.

Three things are primarily responsible for this.

1. The increasing number of applicants every year.
2. The activities of Nigerians in Canada who do not keep to the terms of their study permit.
3. Increasing incidents of forgery in documents tendered for Visa application.

You can only do your best not be part of these statistics.

Bruh i gave two links can you read before concluding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 11, 2020
lighthousearc:

This is not a statement of Valid or not valid! in my statement i said "I advise Nigerians to pause or stop fresh applications, so it's left for you to do so or not. I'm not paying your application fees, neither will i be the one deferring your admission intake. Can you read the second link regarding applications been on held for months, some since Feb for Indians with SDS application process.
True points made,
I wish the best for every applicant God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cheeketo(f): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Good day all, pls I need a thorough explanation on how to go about applying for a student visa in Canada, I have been following threads on this topic but I don't understand anything.
I have HND mass communication, PGD international Relations, what can I study? Must it be related to the certificates I have already? I am married with 2 kids, can student visa allow me travel with my family or do I have to go alone? So many questions, I just need a guide, pls help me, I plan to write IELTS exam soon with my spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:13am On Jul 11, 2020
I am amazed at the bolded.. If you can't understand the writings on this thread, then I'm sorry o & don't think you should be considering foreign studies... Asking us what you should study sef is one kain.. It is well sha

cheeketo:
Good day all, pls I need a thorough explanation on how to go about applying for a student visa in Canada, I have been following threads on this topic but I don't understand anything.
I have HND mass communication, PGD international Relations, what can I study? Must it be related to the certificates I have already? I am married with 2 kids, can student visa allow me travel with my family or do I have to go alone? So many questions, I just need a guide, pls help me, I plan to write IELTS exam soon with my spouse.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
I am amazed at the bolded.. If you can't understand the writings on this thread, then I'm sorry o & don't think you should be considering foreign studies... Asking us what you should study sef is one kain.. It is well sha

cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by royalrich(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Yes, you can do it in your state. Just go to your state police command and they will collect your data (finger print inclusive) and send to Lagos. But, the amount will increase sha.
I did mine here in Asaba, delta state.

Lekiboboe:

I think it can only be done in Lagos, don't know if it can be done in other States, probably someone in the forum can respond to that

And it can't be gotten for him, ur brother needs to be there in person, cos all the FINGERPRINTS on his TEN Fingers is needed for the P.C.C.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cheeketo(f): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

I am not as dumb as you think I am, there are series of threads on nairaland on Canada travels, some so long and as old as 5 or more years ago, with obsolete information, what I need is latest updates on traveling not info of 2015, and me asking for what to study? I simply want to know if it's acceptable to start another career path or I still have to continue in my previous path. Am interested in public health and I have a degree in mass communication, can I do Masters with that undergrad degree or should I just start all over.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
cheeketo:
Hi,

For Guide on Canada Study Visa Application,
Visit page 1 & 29

For Master's Admission guide, go to page 112, u will get everything there into to

And Its better you go for a course related to your former degrees for career progression reason, u don't need to start all over

Since u have a PGD , Master should be the next line of ACTION for you but if its your HND u want to use to come to CANADA, then a Post Graduate Diploma / Post Graduate Certificate is ur best SHOT
which means,
u won't be mentioning your PGD for that , cos when u want to apply for a Study Visa, u would have to show to the VISA OFFICER what u have been doing during the 1-2 years PGD u didn't mention

I stand to be corrected on this

See links for
- School offering Masters in Mass Comm. related program

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mass+Communication&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

- Schools offering Masters in International Relations Related Program

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=International+relations&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

U talked about your interest in M.PH, though I don't know if it's required to have Medicine/Medical/science background to do M.PH, but at the mention of the Public' beside that health' I guess it involves improving peoples health through awareness, policy, and research, which ur Mass comm. Degree and International Relation PGD should satisfy

So u can check the link below aswell for :
- Schools offering Masters in Public Health programs

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Public+health&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

After assessing all of this options, u should arrive at a Program that suits u and u feel u can do well in

- DO Await a response for your last question on "whether to travel with ur family or not"
&
Ask questions, gurus in house & members
in this thread (based on their experience & encounter) will respond

All da best ma'am!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Personally, I was advised to hold on with applying for my study visa and look at other options in other countries.

I do not think they will refuse a very good application - just look at your documents very well and pray

Another thing I was told is that the VOs are able to tell from experience when the study intention is not genuine. Eg you apply for a masters in public administration or development and you do not have any volunteer work experience or history of being active in similar space.

You have 5 years gap before you apply and you have not done training( even the free online ones) or certifications in the field you want to do your MSc in.

Unless you are a fresh graduate, they also look at the job you are leaving behind - is your salary enough to motivate you to return? What are the prospects in your country for the degree you are pursuing

In your LOE have you convinced the visa officer without question that you are truly able to survive in Canada and return.

I was also advised to keep my application simple and straight forward - no overloading with irrelevant documents and ensure nothing contradicts in the submitted documents

I wish everyone well and by his grace - good news will come

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The school has already made it crystal clear following IRCC instructions/updates about applicants who can enter to and/from Canada for studies at this COVID-19 period. In a situation like this, the applicant should defer to Fall 2021 considering that the program is not available for closer intake and secure his/her VISA before travelling to Canada.

It will end in praise.
Alright, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
Don’t know why you’re bothering to explain.
Save yourself the stress & time.
You’ve given your advise, shikena.
They can take it or leave it.
lighthousearc:

Bruh i gave two links can you read before concluding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hello gurus in the house. Please what does it mean by processing background checks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
cheeketo:

I am not as dumb as you think I am, there are series of threads on nairaland on Canada travels, some so long and as old as 5 or more years ago, with obsolete information, what I need is latest updates on traveling not info of 2015, and me asking for what to study? I simply want to know if it's acceptable to start another career path or I still have to continue in my previous path. Am interested in public health and I have a degree in mass communication, can I do Masters with that undergrad degree or should I just start all over.

The truth is most of us are academically lazy. Masters is not an option for everyone especially for people who do not like to read or who cannot work independently. This thread is part 17. Start from part 15 read from the beginning and also read part 16 from the beginning.
Most of us you see here answering questions are not agent’s neither are we professional student visa applicants. Every single thing I learnt about this process was from reading these threads.
If you cannot read a thread of 600 pages how do you want to read digest and write reports when eventually you get the visa?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hello!

With all due respect please take it easy. I think this is way too far. You don't need to say such things. "academically lazy"

You've answered the question quite alright but this is damaging. Yes, the answers are in the previous threads...why can't you just give the person a link and let it go.

Besides, Boss man Frank will never mind sending over and again. People like you should learn how to be patient with others. Don't spoil someone's day please.

Luckymama:

The truth is most of us are academically lazy. Masters is not an option for everyone especially for people who do not like to read or who cannot work independently. This thread is part 17. Start from part 15 read from the beginning and also read part 16 from the beginning.
Most of us you see here answering questions are not agent’s neither are we professional student visa applicants. Every single thing I learnt about this process was from reading these threads.
If you cannot read a thread of 600 pages how do you want to read digest and write reports when eventually you get the visa?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YUSUFF3: 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
can one work with this Canada study visa or is only to study?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.