Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156719 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
You will know what to do if you read this thread from page 100

quote author=Obastp3 post=91552063]Good evening all,
Trust you all keeping safe,
Please advice and I just submitted my visa application on Canadian website and noticed I cannot book for biometrics as Vfs Lagos is closed currently.
I'm to resume school by September 8, 2020 as do I need defer my admission or is it still possible to meet the resumption time ?
Kindly advice [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
Onweke:
You will know what to do if you read this thread from page 100

quote author=Obastp3 post=91552063]Good evening all,
Please advice and I just submitted my visa application on Canadian website and noticed I cannot book for biometrics as Vfs Lagos is closed currently.
I'm to resume school by September 8, 2020 as do I need defer my admission or is it still possible to meet the resumption time ?
Kindly advice

Pls defer your admission as no one here knows wen vfs will open
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please is it possible for me to go for upfront medical after i have applied for study permit . Because someone was telling me that it is not possible and he showed proof from IRCC website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
aliadi2:
Please is it possible for me to go for upfront medical after i have applied for study permit . Because someone was telling me that it is not possible and he showed proof from IRCC website.
whom ever told you that clearly Doesn’t know what he or she is saying it’s very possible you can.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good evening!

Since you've submitted your application, I don't see why you should defer because of the current situation.

The vfs center closure thing affects a host of countries, so I think you might be able to exercise some patience.

Besides, the biometrics has a 90 day period before deadline, I'll advise you to be prayerful and hope that the vfs in naija open soon as the one in Ghana is already open.
Obastp3:
Good evening all,
Kindly advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 11:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello there!

From my experience on the platform, it's best to go for upfront medicals before submitting your study permit application.

The proof that the person showed you is just like a green light Canada gives prospective students that haven't done medicals before issuing their study permits.

Since you've submitted your application, I guess it's best to just chill and be hopeful you get a go ahead from the IRCC guys.

As Boss man Frank always says...it will end in praise.
aliadi2:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello house, I have a problem. I was about to pay for my application then I remembered that I needed to attach a document, so I exited it. I logged in back and I can't seem to continue with the application. What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 12:46am On Jul 10, 2020
Hello!

By continue, do you mean you can't see the page you were before logging out or...after logging in, there's no option for payment at the moment?

I believe there's no harm in sending a screenshot for better understanding.

jubrilx:
Hello house, I have a problem. I was about to pay for my application then I remembered that I needed to attach a document, so I exited it. I logged in back and I can't seem to continue with the application. What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Neetah005: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2020
Thing is i'm struggling in writing an Sop cos i don't have work experiences in my field so i don't even know how to start.
I have Bsc Applied biology and don't know if Biochemistry is a good option for Ms.
Frankrobbn1:

How urgent is this discussion that you can't ask here so that other knowledgeable individuals can also make their own input. It will also help applicants in the same situation learn from the advices given and utilize them in their various applications. If the discussion is confidential, you may reach out to me via my signature.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aliadi2: 3:02am On Jul 10, 2020
Tonyodg:
whom ever told you that clearly Doesn’t know what he or she is saying it’s very possible you can.
Regards

Thanks alot brother

Please may i ask how will i go for the medical and what are the things i can take along and also how will they update it in my status. Please those that have gone through this process please help. I need to do the medical just to speed up my application because that is the only option right now while we wait for VFS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Hello!

By continue, do you mean you can't see the page you were before logging out or...after logging in, there's no option for payment at the moment?

I believe there's no harm in sending a screenshot for better understanding.

I have fixed it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ditha(f): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2020
Good morning everyone,

Please who else is preparing to start fall online in Nigeria ?

How are u preparing?

Please respond or DM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2020
ditha:
Good morning everyone,

How are u preparing?

Please respond or DM

Partaking in remote classes is not the issue. You must have your study permit or LOI for that gamble to favour you, except you intend to complete the entire degree online. If you have the above, you can easily get a 4G data bundle and use zoom seamlessly. Your University's online library can give you the articles and books that you'll need.

A typical zoom class will take between 300mb-600mb (could be more). Then factor in electricity and a good device (laptop is better). If you can risk it, then go for it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2020
Is it relatively easy to get visa If I secure admission from Canadian universities for msc programme?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ditha(f): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2020
My program is two years long and it is research based
fratermathy:

Partaking in remote classes is not the issue. You must have your study permit or LOI for that gamble to favour you, except you intend to complete the entire degree online. If you have the above, you can easily get a 4G data bundle and use zoom seamlessly. Your University's online library can give you the articles and books that you'll need.

A typical zoom class will take between 300mb-600mb (could be more). Then factor in electricity and a good device (laptop is better). If you can risk it, then go for it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2020
ditha:
My program is two years long and it is research based

Yea. I understand. I will definitely advise you to start online but make sure you are making way with the study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2020
ditha:
Good morning everyone,

How are u preparing?

Please respond or DM
Do you have your visa already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Merge all the 30 pages docs. together using
https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

and compress it using
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

If that doesn't show a reasonable size reduction

Go to Page 120,
U will see my post there on
Trick to Compressing our document using PRIMO PDF (Courtesy Nnonso)

30 pages! I don't think PRIMO can work this time or it won't be clear at all, blurred letters. 30 pages! That's all my client information docs already in one document. I couldn't even use PRIMO for some 1 page documents due to the quality. He should give a try and see how it looks. I used only the survey plan on my land property due to the pages.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2020
hello,for the form signing,am I meant to write my full name as it appears on my international passport or just my first two names?
Also can someone please explain the room and board and the others column in IMM 1294
lastly what’s the cost of medicals?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by danieldg: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2020
ditha:
Good morning everyone,

How are u preparing?

Please respond or DM

I am..

I have just the biometrics left, that's the major thing blocking people right now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2020
Insanity:

30 pages! I don't think PRIMO can work this time or it won't be clear at all, blurred letters. 30 pages! That's all my client information docs already in one document. I couldn't even use PRIMO for some 1 page documents due to the quality. He should give a try and see how it looks. I used only the survey plan on my land property due to the pages.
Sure u have a point, but the landed document he has might likely be of sharp quality, and Primo PDF might do justice to it...

I used PRIMO PDF on an NYSC posting Letter, the clarity of that document really diminished , which means it might not work for all documents, owing to its original clarity & legibility

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2020
SKEPTA:
hello,for the form signing,am I meant to write my full name as it appears on my international passport or just my first two names?
Also can someone please explain the room and board and the others column in IMM 1294
lastly what’s the cost of medicals?

Thank you
1) Yes u will write ur full name as it is written on ur Int'l passport, though ur surname must come first.

2) TUITION, Rooms & Boards
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/207

Courtesy @frankrobbn1

U can also check page 29 for a Video Tutorial on filling of
IMM1294e Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada

3) Medicals at
IOM - #46,500
Q-Life - #35,000
But so far ,so good in this forum, IOM has been recommended cos its being said that the medical done from IOM is ready within 3 Working Days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

1) Yes u will write ur full name as it is written on ur Int'l passport, though ur surname must come first.

2) TUITION, Rooms & Boards
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/207

U can also check page 29 for a Video Tutorial on filling of
IMM1294e Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada

Courtesy @frankrobbn1

3) Medicals at
IOM - #46,500
Q-Life - #35,000
But so far ,so good in this forum, IOM has been recommended cos its being said that the medical done from IOM is ready within 3 weeks
3 working days not 3 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2020
Tonyodg:
3 working days not 3 weeks
Alright, tnx for the Correction...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2020
Hi good morning please can you walk me through the application process so I can get my brothers documents ready for application on Monday
Sanovsky007:
Hello guys, so I submitted my study permit application yesterday June 6th, I got a letter today asking me to go to a VAC for my biometrics

what does this mean? and I also thought medicals come first before biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Hello guys, so I submitted my study permit application yesterday June 6th, I got a letter today asking me to go to a VAC for my biometrics

what does this mean? and I also thought medicals come first before biometrics?

Bro i sent you an e-mail.. please check it out.. Will love to talk to you about your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omah7979: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2020
Please can someone put me through on the documents needed for my brothers student visa application please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jetline: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2020
fratermathy:

Is it proper to take the gamble if Approval has dropped?NB:passport submitted,waiting for return of processed passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2020
Jetline:

Is it proper to take the gamble if Approval has dropped?NB:passport submitted,waiting for return of processed passport.

Feel free to take the classes as long as you can afford it. Your case is very different. It's no longer a gamble.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2020
I've not yet started my visa application because i thought i would defer my admission but things have changed and i plan to go this September.. i want to know if there is a time limit and if I'm too late
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2020
fratermathy:

Time zone also might likely not be favorable..

Some Online classes for Nigerians will be like 7-days Night Vigil cool

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:23am On Jul 10, 2020
Omah7979:
Please can someone put me through on the documents needed for my brothers student visa application please

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.