Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156790 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello All,

Please I want to ask something, if my husband is sponsoring me and gives me a gift deed, transfers the funds to my account and writes me a sponsor letter, do i still need to show proof of the source of the funds? I assume if I am using his account I will have to but if I am using my own account with the sums having been transferred, do we still need to? Please advise. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chidon40:
I can't continue my application online as its showing Bad gateway Error 502....

Any solution?

Network error.. You have to restart the session all over again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello team, please is Bank reference letter such an important document? I know of statement of account but want to know about the reference letter in particular. I'm asking because the letter will likely state when I opened the account. I did to change my previous salary account, so although it's longer than 1 year, it is not as old as my job. I'm just over thinking I guess, but thought to ask
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by degxyflexy: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Bruv I checked UBC website and Nigeria is not on the list of countries
Frankrobbn1:

I'm aware of that boss. Meanwhile at first you don't need to pay any fee to secure an admission into the School.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
Can someone please help with this? My brother's lecturer who was supposed to send a reference letter to a school directly in Canada for him used his (my brother's name) details as sender instead of his (lecturer's) own. Could this have any negative effect on his admission/processes? Hope to read from you. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
Yes it can have a negative effect because the referral process is confidential, the student is not supposed to know or have influence over what the lecturer submitted. Please ask the lecturer to email the school and notify them of this error, then resend the reference with the proper sender information.
DeeWan:
Can someone please help with this? My brother's lecturer who was supposed to send a reference letter to a school directly in Canada for him used his (my brother's name) details as sender instead of his (lecturer's) own. Could this have any negative effect on his admission/processes? Hope to read from you. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
Yes it can have a negative effect because the referral process is confidential, the student is not supposed to know or have influence over what the lecturer submitted. Please ask the lecturer to email the school and notify them of this error, then resend the reference with the proper sender information.

Thank you for your response but let me add this. He has gotten admission from the school through a scanned copy of the reference letter received from the lecturer. It is not that he is just seeking for the admission. He got the admission through a scanned copy he sent to the school. This copy was from the lecturer. I agree with your suggestion of the lecturer sending them an e-mail to this effect. What they require is just the hard-copy. The letter was properly addressed. The only error he made was writing his (my brother's) name on the envelope instead of his (lecturer's).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello house, for landed property documents, is it the whole deed of agreement I am to upload or only the important pages?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
This is how UBA operates as well. I expected the password, etc to be on the letter but they said it's not like that.. I wonder for them sha

Lekiboboe:

Well-done @frankrobbn1

As regards this MyBank Statement Ticket,
Is it that, not all banks give applicants the Mybank statement ticket?

Cos a guy who submitted his Application last month had a sponsor who uses Polaris Bank, they sent the Mybank Statement ticket to the Canadian Embassy, and the Sponsor was also giving a Bank Reference Letter addressed to the Canadian Embassy,
but Polaris Bank didn't give his Sponsor the Ticket ID, they only gave him a Bank Statement having the following details

At the Top- left hand side, they wrote

mybankStatement® | date | Page 1

Summary info
Role - Sponsor
Account name - Sponsor's name
Address
Tenor - 6 months
Currency - NGN

Available balance -
Book Balance -
Total debit-
Total Credit -

Then the 6 months Bank statement, followed...

I guess it is ok he used this ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
ok great then
the lecturer should notify them of the error. I do not think it would impact anything negatively

DeeWan:

Thank you for your response but let me add this. He has gotten admission from the school through a scanned copy of the reference letter received from the lecturer. It is not that he is just seeking for the admission. He got the admission through a scanned copy he sent to the school. This copy was from the lecturer. I agree with your suggestion of the lecturer sending them an e-mail to this effect. What they require is just the hard-copy. The letter was properly addressed. The only error he made was writing his (my brother's) name on the envelope instead of his (lecturer's).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
jubrilx:
Hello house, for landed property documents, is it the whole deed of agreement I am to upload or only the important pages?
Upload all....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
This is how UBA operates as well. I expected the password, etc to be on the letter but they said it's not like that.. I wonder for them sha

Quite interesting,
well if it is confirmed authentic from their end, there is nothing to worry about.

The Ticket ID sent to the embassy, they will use to confirm an applicant's Uploaded Bank Statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Which other grammar will I speak for UBA to give me this? They look at me like I'm speaking gibberish.. I'll prefer this ticket to bulky SOA

Frankrobbn1:

You can submit either of the two (statement of account or Mybank Statement with ticket ID and password). Most often if the Visa officer has concerns that the SOA submitted with an application is fraudulent. They usually request for the MyBank Statement which will enable them have access to the transactions carried out in the account for a period of 1 year.

Note: the visa officers don't have the ability to know your actual available balance after the date MyBank statement was generated by the bank.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Which other grammar will I speak for UBA to give me this? They look at me like I'm speaking gibberish.. I'll prefer this ticket to bulky SOA

If its possible , they should be able to send u ur 4-6months soft copy SOA to your mail in PDF then download it (not scanned copy)

For instance, the guy's sponsor I talked about, Polaris bank sent him a Soft-copy of his 6 months SOA (mybankStatement ®) PDF format, no branch name/address attached to it..
and it was jz 55 kilobyte
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
DeeWan:

Don't stress yourself as long as theres no error with the content. A lecturer can seal a letter and give the student to send
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Piecoco: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Try another branch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
What of stamp? How did the bank certify it?

Lekiboboe:

If its possible , they should be able to send u ur 4-6months soft copy SOA to your mail in PDF then download it (not scanned copy)

For instance, the guy's sponsor I talked about, Polaris bank sent him a Soft-copy of his 6 months SOA (mybankStatement ®) PDF format, no branch name/address attached to it..
and it was jz 55 kilobyte

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Upload all....
Please someone else should clearify this, my landed documents are up to 30 pages.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
jubrilx:

Please someone else should clearify this, my landed documents are up to 30 pages.

You have to upload all... Then you can use ilovepdf.com to compress to reduce the size

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello house, I am getting a you are not signed in 403 ERROR on the cic site.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
What of stamp? How did the bank certify it?

Ur Bank should give u a Bank Reference Letter to certify it , and the reference letter should be addressed to the Canadian embassy.

And if it ain't coming through at that UBA branch u went to, try another branch,

That another branch might give u the ticket ID and also send it to the Canadian embassy aswell

Our Nigerian Banks can be funny ,

what they do in UBA Victoria Island, UBA Ikeja might say something different, some might even say they don't have the facility for that

By the way have u seen this,

https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com/UBA.html

Cos it seems easy from what is shown in the link above

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
As in eh... Same organization, different modus operandi.. Thanks for the link

Lekiboboe:

Ur Bank should give u a Bank Reference Letter to certify it , and the reference letter should be addressed to the Canadian embassy.

And if it ain't coming through at that UBA branch u went to, try another branch,

That another branch might give u the ticket ID and also send it to the Canadian embassy aswell

what they do in UBA Victoria Island, UBA Ikeja might say something different, some might even say they don't have the facility for that

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
jubrilx:

Merge all the 30 pages docs. together using
https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

and compress it using
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

If that doesn't show a reasonable size reduction

Go to Page 120,
U will see my post there on
Trick to Compressing our document using PRIMO PDF (Courtesy Nnonso)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hello there!
So you can compile all the documents you want to put in your client information and compress them to get 4MB or less.

Most people recommend ilovepdf.com but you can check out pdf2go.com if you're not getting the desired size.
jubrilx:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
As in eh... Same organization, different modus operandi.. Thanks for the link

Abi oooo cheesy

You are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chibzee2:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate this
u are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
As in eh... Same organization, different modus operandi.. Thanks for the link.. Naija adverts that appears easy only on paper

Lekiboboe:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
As in eh... Same organization, different modus operandi.. Thanks for the link.. Naija adverts that appears easy only on paper

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thank you so much. This calms his nerves.

librangyps:

Don't stress yourself as long as theres no error with the content. A lecturer can seal a letter and give the student to send

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obastp3(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good evening all,
Trust you all keeping safe,
Please advice and I just submitted my visa application on Canadian website and noticed I cannot book for biometrics as Vfs Lagos is closed currently.
I'm to resume school by September 8, 2020 as do I need defer my admission or is it still possible to meet the resumption time ?
Kindly advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oprah007(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please house, I am supposed to do my Biometric before August 3 and all Vfs offices are closed and I couldn't even book an appointment. How do I go about this? embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Neetah005: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thing is i'm struggling in writing an Sop cos i don't have work experiences in my field soni don't even know how to start.
I have Bsc Applied biology and don't know if Biochemistry is a good option for Ms.
Frankrobbn1:

How urgent is this discussion that you can't ask here so that other knowledgeable individuals can also make their own input. It will also help applicants in the same situation learn from the advices given and utilize them in their various applications. If the discussion is confidential, you may reach out to me via my signature.

It will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.