Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159246 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Eilenora:
It is 3140kb

That's quite strange, uploading of 3.1MB shouldn't be a problem

Remove the Document as directed, and try re-upload again..
Or
u should try another browser, Google Chrome in particular

I think the Remove doc. Option Is only necessary if probably u change ur mind about the Document and u feel like u want to replace it with another

Same thing thing will occur in ur subsequent upload..

Don't mind me, I actually tot the PDF file u talked about didn't upload successfully..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello Peeps,

Please with regards to uploading documents on the CIC Page for my application, can anyone advise in why am I getting this message (attached). The document is less than 4mb and it is in PDF

You are good to go. There's nothing to worry about. The upload was done successfully.

Continue with other sections.

That 'Remove Document" button will always appear there by default in case you want to delete the document and upload another one.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nwannediutor:

You are good to go. There's nothing to worry about. The upload was done successfully.

Continue with other sections.

That 'Remove Document" button will always appear there by default in case you want to delete the document and upload another one.
Yes u are right.........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
Eilenora:
nawa o. used the entire weekend merging and splitting and reducing size to finally make it below 4mb only for me to upload and see this. I dont even know what to do again

Misinterpretation from my end....

U are good to go

Ba Wahala!!!!!

U can also Check Page 29 for Step-By-Step Video Guides on filling of IMM forms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LightandDarknes: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

When will your friend’s study permit expire?

P.s Nigerian Embassy Ottawa is officially closed due to COVID 19 but they still process very urgent applications. Your friends situation is urgent. Try every means to contact the Embassy and book an appointment.

A friend of mine was given an appointment for tomorrow. He just travelled to Ottawa this afternoon.
I will give you details when he is done tomorrow.

Hello, thank you very much for this tip off. His permit will expire on the 30th of July (about 17 days). I have been trying to contact the embassy by phone and mail with no success, how did your friend reach them? And how did his appointment go? Thank you again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LightandDarknes: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Austacus:

Hi, I might be going to the embassy today hopefully, how can I help you? I live 6 mins drive to the embassy.

Tell your friend he/she has nothing to worry, if the visa expires, your friend has an additional 90 days (3 months) to leave Canada. So upon the 3 months, your friend will apply for visa restoration and extension.
Restoration: 200
Extension: 150

That's all, and get back to me, that's if the visa has been expired. I will help your friends with the application and SOP.

If your friend 3 additional months in Canada expires, your friends need the popular twin Nigerian brothers in Ottawa to help you (they are lawyers). Or any immigration lawyer in Canada.

Hello, thank you, his study permit expires the 30th of July. We have been trying to find a way to reach the nigerian embassy to ask for help with a new passport but we have been unable to reach them.

We have tried emails and phone calls but we have not been able to reach anybody we can explain the situation to. Is there somebody you could put is in touch with? Thank you very much once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
The below universities are all above 600th in the world university ranking except Georgia state university.... around 500th!

Funny enough some are still very poor in the US University ranking like Minnesota.... 800th!

what does this mean? this are very poor institutions like MAPOLY, if Nigeria is used as a context.

How does an institution fund a student? STRICTLY on MERIT!!!!

A school like the schools you have don't have sought after departments, or Lecturers or any world class thing to it, its standards is very poor and they rely greatly on school fees to run.

Schools may get government funding anywhere around the world but that school must be very competitive and bring in very very good students in order to receive such funding.

It is easier for a state School to charge 20k (dollars) than a private university that is ranked around 200th to charge 10k(dollars), because they don't get anything exceptional being at that level, lecturers are basic people and not some world record PHD holder from Japan, if at all the lecturer wants to be at YALE, or QATAR, OR SOUTH AFRICA with a school around 200th-300th position!

Where is a school at that position getting such money to spew? how much will they award some one with a 1st class? 1m dollars?

How many citations do they have?

How many research are they publicizing or advertising?

One university in Luxembourg will easily pass before any university at that level in the united states .... How many international students and professors is in such a school?

I stand solidly on my argument, A strong 2.1 will not even get you a FUNDING in this schools unless you can write exceedingly well, convincing them to grant you a FUNDING, The truth is , You have to be very good and also have a good reason why you cannot afford to pay fee, then you are considered , in this kind of schools ooo!

neverlosehope:
US has over 5000 approved universities. Not all the universities requires you to have 2.1 to get admitted. Did I made mistakes? Yes I did and you learn from your mistakes. Have you ever asked why you have many Asian in US/Canadian universities? Why do this universities have so many Asian professors in STEM departments? Are they superior to us in knowledge? No they are no but they believe in helping themselves and sharing information freely. You need to see how they live as a community. Nigerian? We are wonderful made. We hold information to ourselves just because we want everyone to see us as the boss. What is so bad in all of us been at the top?

Below are few universities with admitting with GPA 2.75 (2.2) Mathematics Department with full funding at at least $10k stipend. Check it out.

1) Georgia State University

2) Georgia Southern University.

3) University of Akron

4) Minnesota State University, Mankato.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lol you this woman. U are a real CASE study for this forum ��� LMAO @ndi uta !!!
quote author=Pee2Jay9 post=91664601]All these sadists discouraging people, recently applied o. They're discouraging people cos in their wicked minds, their application will stand a better chance of approval with less Nigerians applying. Evil people everywhere... Your wickedness will not allow you to prosper.. Ndi uta undecided[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by neverlosehope: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
@vibrant99.

Why are you this negative? No grain on positive. Why are you discouraging others? If it is not working for you, you don't have to drag others down. Are you been paid to be an obstacle to others. I pray that God touch you.

I wish you a blessed day. Regards

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
LightandDarknes:

Hello, thank you very much for this tip off. His permit will expire on the 30th of July (about 17 days). I have been trying to contact the embassy by phone and mail with no success, how did your friend reach them? And how did his appointment go? Thank you again.

Let your friend fill out the form online, print out those forms, get 2 passport photographs, take his study permit, passport and every other document as requested on the Nigerian embassy website and travel to Ottawa first thing tomorrow morning. He should also get a registered return envelope from Canada post. I am very sure they will process his application with or without appointment. He should be there as early as 9am.

I called my friend just now and he told me they attended to every one that was at the embassy today (about 20 people). He was told his new passport will be sent out tomorrow morning via the return envelope he submitted.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sollie123(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Thank you for this...
Please do you know the universities in US that offer same for biological sciences graduate studies?
5000 approved universities is alot to search from. Kindly streamline it for me please.
vibrant99:
The below universities are all above 600th in the world university ranking except Georgia state university.... around 500th!

Funny enough some are still very poor in the US University ranking like Minnesota.... 800th!

what does this mean? this are very poor institutions like MAPOLY, if Nigeria is used as a context.

How does an institution fund a student? STRICTLY on MERIT!!!!

A school like the schools you have don't have sought after departments, or Lecturers or any world class thing to it, its standards is very poor and they rely greatly on school fees to run.

Schools may get government funding anywhere around the world but that school must be very competitive and bring in very very good students in order to receive such funding.

It is easier for a state School to charge 20k (dollars) than a private university that is ranked around 200th to charge 10k(dollars), because they don't get anything exceptional being at that level, lecturers are basic people and not some world record PHD holder from Japan, if at all the lecturer wants to be at YALE, or QATAR, OR SOUTH AFRICA with a school around 200th-300th position!

Where is a school at that position getting such money to spew? how much will they award some one with a 1st class? 1m dollars?

How many citations do they have?

How many research are they publicizing or advertising?

One university in Luxembourg will easily pass before any university at that level in the united states .... How many international students and professors is in such a school?

I stand solidly on my argument, A strong 2.1 will not even get you a FUNDING in this schools unless you can write exceedingly well, convincing them to grant you a FUNDING, The truth is , You have to be very good and also have a good reason why you cannot afford to pay fee, then you are considered , in this kind of schools ooo!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
Don't misunderstand me brother...

My problem is with 2.2 and HND lower getting a FUNDING.....

It sounds like a Convert prostitute, ...

I have no issues with your high flying status.

neverlosehope:
@vibrant99.

Why are you this negative? No grain on positive. Why are you discouraging others? If it is not working for you, you don't have to drag others down. Are you been paid to be an obstacle to others. I pray that God touch you.

I wish you a blessed day. Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
will take a while for me to do that evidently ....

But take my advise , look away from the US ,... for now

sollie123:
Thank you for this...
Please do you know the universities in US that offer same for biological sciences graduate studies?
5000 approved universities is alot to search from. Kindly streamline it for me please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by neverlosehope: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
What a container can take is limited by its capacity.

My advised is that you seek for more knowledge and information. Through this, you will be enlightened.

vibrant99:
Don't misunderstand me brother...

My problem is with 2.2 and HND lower getting a FUNDING.....

It sounds like a Convert prostitute, ...

I have no issues with your high flying status.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LightandDarknes: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Let your friend fill out the form online, print out those forms, get 2 passport photographs, take his study permit, passport and every other document as requested on the Nigerian embassy website and travel to Ottawa first thing tomorrow morning. He should also get a registered return envelope from Canada post. I am very sure they will process his application with or without appointment. He should be there as early as 9am.

I called my friend just now and he told me they attended to every one that was at the embassy today (about 20 people). He was told his new passport will be sent out tomorrow morning via the return envelope he submitted.

Wow thank you so so so much for this information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sollie123(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
Okay. May I know why please, and which country would advise I look towards?
vibrant99:
will take a while for me to do that evidently ....

But take my advise , look away from the US ,... for now

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
stevedestiny:

Thanks this was helpful.

I got the info from a legit agent. He advised me to defer because people who were supposed to resume in May semester are yet to get their study permit and priorities will be given to them before those going for the fall semester, but I called someone who works directly with someone from the embassy and she said the resumption date is yet to be confirmed. That's why I didn't want to believe that 1st September. I don't know if anyone has something different, wishing everyone the best!

Hello Stevedestiny,

Please can you describe the "legit?" Most May intake were advised to defer their admission to Fall. If May had any possible visa applicant, it may be shocking on the numbers if there was.

Fall is accommodating almost all May. So, prior to when VACs and VFS reopens, priority will always have a fair share between the two sessions. If you're intending to apply, you should do that now, maybe against Winter. If some love can be shown to EE (all-programs), then the sunlight might just shine on some applications.

In my own personal research outside here, especially for reapplication applicants that meets the eligibility requirements, I have been opportuned to note Medical Pass. This is not to get the hopes of anybody to a higher level of expectation, but to make my suggestion that there mighy just be hope after all.

The GCMS is not just for the refused but also for the ongoing and the approved. It helps to know if there is any occurences, activities, and request for more documents. For an approved application, it details the words of explanation of the VO and the reasons why the application passed eligibility. I think applicants with ongoing application whose application has exceeded the processing time or been tarried should try as much to request for their NOTES. We may all agree to and blame Covid-19 for it but that will be a mere excuse which may come as a blinded ignorance.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Eilenora:
Please as regards marital status, do I pick the "married-physically present" OR "common law" option?

Hello Eilenora,

You should pick the one applicable to you and/or that which evidence was shown.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajoyeleke(m): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U can also check out University of Saskatchewan
https://grad.usask.ca/programs/find-a-program.php

Some of their Admission requirements jz looks like the one in the screenshot u posted.

But note that Grad. Diploma & Masters Admission can be competitive in Universities, that's why they do say its quite competitive & limited space are available, u might need to shoot ur shot well

Sir pls can u help me get list of schools that offer pgd of 2 yrs for 2.2 students

My undergraduate course is pure and applied chemistry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
ajoyeleke:

Sir pls can u help me get list of schools that offer pgd of 2 yrs for 2.2 students

My undergraduate course is pure and applied chemistry

Check LAMBTON College, Toronto, Ontario for the following 2 years Graduate Certificate program and look forward to their JANUARY 2021 Intake and other intakes

Chemical Laboratory Analysis
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147510964

Food Safety & Quality Assurance Management
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147525754

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by abokikhalifa: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please any one knows of any Canadian university that offers post graduate. I graduated with a 3rd class here in Nigeria. I want to apply for my post graduate in a Canadian institution. I belong to the faculty of art and social sciences. Please any information will go a long way. Thanks to all the great minds here. One love
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
abokikhalifa:
Please any one knows of any Canadian university that offers post graduate. I graduated with a 3rd class here in Nigeria. I want to apply for my post graduate in a Canadian institution. I belong to the faculty of art and social sciences. Please any information will go a long way. Thanks to all the great minds here. One love
With ur graduating class , u are only eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) in a college in a field related to ur former degree in Faculty of Arts & Social Science (as mentioned by u), U can't apply to a University.

Find attached Colleges in Canada and check out PGC in arts and social science programs related to ur field

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
abokikhalifa:

You can't apply for a PGD in a university but rather in a college ..
Algonquin college
Conestoga college
Centennial college
Fanshaw college
Mohawk college
Humber college..
The list long

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
Thanks everyone for your help so far. Please do employment gaps matter for study permit like it does for express entry? basically do i need to explain a 2 months gap in my employment as seen in my resume?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
Tell them my brother.
Louder for the people at the back
vibrant99:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ride on my brother.
Nothing do you!
Make I even follow you sef cool
vibrant99:
Relax bro, ...

E go still block me,

Make una for dey give una sef False Hope abi?

Just imagine if this Forum was a one way Traffick without anyone to come and expose ur lies?

Calm down, e go block me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hi ,

Please Who’s going to university of New Brunswick this fall

Pls reach out ASAP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Austacus: 4:20am On Jul 14, 2020
LightandDarknes:

Hello, thank you, his study permit expires the 30th of July. We have been trying to find a way to reach the nigerian embassy to ask for help with a new passport but we have been unable to reach them.

We have tried emails and phone calls but we have not been able to reach anybody we can explain the situation to. Is there somebody you could put is in touch with? Thank you very much once again.

Apparently, your friend has 17 days left to extend his or her permit. 17 days is a lot to meet up without hesitation.
But if he couldn't meet up and it expires, just mention me on your post, I will gladly get back to you.

Your friend don't need an appointment to the Embassy. And he should follow Naijaforeigner’s comment on how to go about it. And what he meant by Canada post return envelope is Canada priority or Express post Courier Envelope from CANADA POST. Available in any
convenience store, shoppers, etc.

Email and phone calls may not work at this point in time, your friend should be physically present.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by omolorlarh: 7:28am On Jul 14, 2020
neverlosehope:
Good day All,

I will like to encourage sometime with a little about my story.
I graduated from a Nigerian university with a second-class lower division degree in STEM at 24 years and finished NYSC at 25 years. Unfortunately, as peculiar with Nigerian environmental, I got my first job at 28 years after 4 years in the wilderness. The delay in getting a job was my mediocre degree (i.e., finishing with 2.2) and lack of working experience at 25 years (how will I get the necessary work experience when I have never been employed).

Fast forward to a decade later, after working for over a decade, got frustrated with Nigeria society placing a limited to what you can achieve, I decide to make a change to my family situation by returning to school in US/Canada. Initially, there were few obstacles, I got admitted into a fully-funded master’s degree program in the US with an average stipend by God’s grace. I left the shore or Nigeria with my entire family and started the program at 40 years. I graduated with a master’s degree with a GPA of 3.56/4.0 at 42 years. Fortunately, I was admitted into a fully-funded Ph.D. program in Canada’s top university with a very generous stipend and started the program at 42 years. I have currently completed the program required coursework with a GPA of 4.0/4.0, passed candidacy exam, five publications, and 3 manuscripts under review in top peer-review journals.

What is my point?
Despite where you might have started from, the environment you live might not be favorable to you, age or family commitments might be barriers. However, do not give up, please hold on to your dream. The grace of God will see you through. If you quit today, you have failed tomorrow.

Please note
My story is not unique; I have seen many tremendous journeys of beautiful people who do not quit/give up and achieved great heights. I am sharing my story to encourage you that no barrier is big or strong enough to stop you from achieving your dream.

I hope to challenge someone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. Thanks for sharing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by omolorlarh: 7:40am On Jul 14, 2020
vibrant99:

Please Forgive Me...
I don't believe this your story!

It is ok to say things and make it look perfect, but this sounds just too perfect to be true.

FULL FUNDING in the US for why? because you worked for 10yrs?

2.2 will not even get your application viewed, did you write the SAT? TOEFL and had exceedingly excellent grades in them?

Unless probably in an artisan school where you probably have to use your hands to work or do your courses or Vocational School that directly relates with you 10yrs work experience, else ....idonbliveit!

Moving on, ...

How did you sustain in the US with your family?
You had to work and go to school and still made that CGPA? Oga a lie!

You have to be extremely good to achieve that and that means you are even a 1st Class student in Nigeria.

If you work and study in Canada, You have to be extremely good too because you cannot even meet up with assignments.

A guy on this forum has been expelled from his school in Canada, he cannot even Fail, he literally doesn't have a presence in the class.

I don't know if you did that write up to encourage someone, but the frailty of the composed is way over the TOP.

Please Forgive me once again if I came in strong.

He wrote nothing but the truth. There is a school(s) for every profile in the US because there have thousands of schools. GPA isn't the only factor they consider. The GRE, SOP, work experiences, and LoRs are all considered in the application process. So yes, a 2.2 graduate can get full funding in the US provided all other areas of the application is strong. You just need enough time for proper research.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2020
Good morning fellow Nigerians.

Please someone should enumerate to me The process of obtaining a Canadian student visa.
The step by step procedure without missing any step please.
I don't seem to get any good information specific to Nigeria online.

Like;

1. Obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider.

Till Your Passport is stamped
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Good morning fellow Nigerians.

Please someone should enumerate to me The process of obtaining a Canadian student visa.
The step by step procedure without missing any step please.
I don't seem to get any good information specific to Nigeria online.

Like;

1. Obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider.

Till Your Passport is stamped

Good morning to you.. Go to page 1..all you need is there.. Ask for misunderstood points after study and plenty nice persons here will clarify you.. Good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.