Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155250 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2020
Graceee:
Hello house
Please is there any canadian college that accepts Bank wire transfer (FORM A) for tuition payment.
I kept seeing FLY wire and credit card and there charges are high
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario accepts FORM A for Tuition Payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Initially they said that applicants who haven't gotten an approval from IRCC are not eligible to enrol for online classes from their home country as it wouldn't count during their PGWP. And here comes a new update which contradicts their previous statement on registering for online classes for the fall semester 2020. It's very clear that IRCC are showing some kind of desperation and don't want to lose international students this fall 2020. As a consequence, they are implementing new measures in order to make sure that applicants will begin classes this fall semester so that the Government of Canada can gain revenue for the country's economic recovery and long-term success which was as a result of the novel COVID-19 pandemic.

You may consider defering your admission to the next available intake or better still wait until your resumption date has elapsed before seeking for a deferment.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise.

The bolded is spot on. Also, most schools are losing money. Some students in Canada refused to attend summer session online and asked for refunds, No summer intake, the potential of no intakes for Fall is making schools bleed. Schools are on red at the moment. IRCC is bending their rules majorly because of the schools.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Cambrian college requires English test, I need one that doesnt require English test and much protocol.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
Graceee:

Cambrian college requires English test, I need one that doesnt require English test and much protocol.
Thank you
For NIGERIANS, they don't,

Even if they state ENGLISH Test Requirement for their Programs, U are exempted

U would have noticed the English Test Requirement in all schools & programs in CANADA for international students,
but they have Countries that are exempted from English Test (countries whose official Language is English)
and NIGERIA is one of them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
shockabsorber50:

Thanks bro I really appreciate and I'm waiting to hear from more experience guys like you here as well. So the ielts exam I'm about to write is like a waste cause it's only valid for 2 years by that time I would need to write again for my PR.

Hello Shockabsorber50,

Kindly go ahead with it. Its not a waste of time. Think about the experience and prep that may be beneficiary for a future necessity.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello all.. Please does attachment documents submitted via webform have size constraints? Whats the max?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rubbie21: 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello house,

Please I would like to ask if anyone has had issues paying their tuition (for a diploma course) using a form A. I'm asking because my brother has been trying to pay via First bank and they are insisting he opens a dom account as the form A is not valid for anyone going on diploma program. The exchange rate for buying dollar into that dom account is crazily high which would have been avoided if he could use the form A. Please is this peculiar to First bank alone or other banks too for diploma courses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cowbell521: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Hello all.. Please does attachment documents submitted via webform have size constraints? Whats the max?
Lol. Wetin you wan send gan gan? This country self.... grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shockabsorber50: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Shockabsorber50,

Kindly go ahead with it. Its not a waste of time. Think about the experience and prep that may be beneficiary for a future necessity.

All the best

Wow Thanks bro. I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genyc: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rubbie21:
Hello house,

Please I would like to ask if anyone has had issues paying their tuition (for a diploma course) using a form A. I'm asking because my brother has been trying to pay via First bank and they are insisting he opens a dom account as the form A is not valid for anyone going on diploma program. The exchange rate for buying dollar into that dom account is crazily high which would have been avoided if he could use the form A. Please is this peculiar to First bank alone or other banks too for diploma courses?

I just paid for a diploma program using form A. I paid in GTB but with a current Account. Fidelity accepts savings account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
I was able to pay using my savings account from StanbicIBTC bank, also for a diploma.

Rubbie21:
Hello house,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
4MB

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tomotunde: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
My medical has been on review for the for the past one month...submitted my application with upfront medical last year November for January intake. My admission has passed....☹️ Around June they updated the medical to WE ARE REVIEWING THE RESULT OF YOUR MEDICAL EXAM.
Please great People �� Advise on what to do ��should I write them through the webform and I don’t even know what to write or to ask them ��‍♂️

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
Please can I pm you?

rebeccausoro:

That's alright then.

The rush to the UK is something else entirely. We had very few persons at the Canadian segment of IOM. Many people have either changed destination or moved their plans because of the covid-19 situation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rubbie21: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
Thank you so much
Genyc:

I just paid for a diploma program using form A. I paid in GTB but with a current Account. Fidelity accepts savings account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rubbie21: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
thank you very much
joyenaholo11:
I was able to pay using my savings account from StanbicIBTC bank, also for a diploma.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
joyenaholo11:

Pls which school was that??
my school doesn't accept form A so I need to swap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gaeul(f): 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good Day Everyone, I was introduced to this thread last week and I have been taking my time going through the pages...I even answered an inquiry...it felt nice...

Please can anyone help me with names of University that have funding for Ph.D in Management programs in Canada..my BSc was 4.13 Nigeria and MSc was in UK with a research score of 70+%..

Please I will be needing all the information I can get for Fall 2021...thanks

To all the contributors on these threads...you all are amazing...thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
EzekielMab:
Good morning.

Pls I want to pay fees.
Someone was saying it will be cheaper if I use a dollar account to pay.

Can anyone attest to that ??

Go to your bank and pay through Western Union
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello good afternoon everyone...
I have finished my BSc in chemical engineering with 2.1 and I got admission at western university to study Meng in chemical engineering for 1 year but the tuition fee was about 33,000 cad which seems expensive to me, so I decided to apply to Conestoga College to study process quality engineering,and I have been given admission.

So now my question is that, if I am to go to the college, I will be graduating with Ontario college graduate certificate in process quality engineering which is a 1 year program. With this course, can I get a good job with it, compared to when I have my masters?
Secondly, is it possible to get a PR with such certificate?
Lastly, how good are colleges compared to universities in terms of job opportunities and also recognition.
I would be glad if any of the gurus here respond to me, thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
Graceee:
Hello house
Please is there any canadian college that accepts Bank wire transfer (FORM A) for tuition payment.
I kept seeing FLY wire and credit card and there charges are high
I saw same when I wanted to pay for Conestoga. But I went to my bank and paid through Western Union. They acknowledged my payment in 36hrs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Graceee:

Thank you
Come to Conestoga �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
NairaLuck:

Come to Conestoga �
what was your exchange rate for westerb union?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Graceee:

You may not need to swap. Check for Western Union business solutions option for payment. If it's there, then complete the steps online by providing your details both student number, then they'll send the payment instruction to your email. Print it out, go to your bank with International Passport, Acceptance letter. Then they'll process it for you at official exchange rate.
That's how I did mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Graceee:

what was your exchange rate for westerb union?
386/$ (USD)
Western Union asked to pay the USD equivalent then they'll process it for you. But when I converted it to the CAD and the naira equivalent, it was really cheap compared to Flywire angry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Conestoga College

Graceee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Minah2020:
Hello good afternoon everyone...
I have finished my BSc in chemical engineering with 2.1 and I got admission at western university to study Meng in chemical engineering for 1 year but the tuition fee was about 33,000 cad which seems expensive to me, so I decided to apply to Conestoga College to study process quality engineering,and I have been given admission.

So now my question is that, if I am to go to the college, I will be graduating with Ontario college graduate certificate in process quality engineering which is a 1 year program. With this course, can I get a good job with it, compared to when I have my masters?
Secondly, is it possible to get a PR with such certificate?
Lastly, how good are colleges compared to universities in terms of job opportunities and also recognition.
I would be glad if any of the gurus here respond to me, thank you for your time.

You can get MEng admission with lower tuition elsewhere. I think University of Calgary tuition for international student in the program is about 16,000. You are likely to get three years work permit with One year masters, while one year college program will get you one year work permit. Both program will help you when applying for PR, but masters is rated higher for that.

For job, no program can guarantee that. However, college and Bachelor degree graduates are likely to have more opportunities due to abundance of entry level positions. Masters degree is considered high level for most profession and most international students do not have the Canadian professional experience to support it. So, these makes them over qualified for abundant entry level positions but unqualified or less qualified for senior and high level positions.

At the end you have to ask yourself what you want and be ready to persevere. You should also connect with people in your desired field while in school. All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oloreofe01: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello house, are there February paper route applicants who have received an update on their application yet?
Why would IRCC not provide update on application with them more than a month with them prior to the lockdown in March?

Countless webform and email to Nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bettymi:
Pls does anyone know if Memorial university accepts student without English Test and how much deposit is required after acceptance?
Thanks
Yeah you can apply with waec, 160 cad application fee am not sure about the admission deposit maybe 2k, am just saying am not sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.