Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156038 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Hello all.. Please does attachment documents submitted via webform have size constraints? Whats the max?

Hello Pee2Jay9,

Yes it does. Its part of the warning stated in the instruction above the browse column. A single merged and compressed file shouldn't exceed 2MB. For multiple merged and compressed files, 3.5MB is the size limit.

A trick that also work is simultaneously sending any additional supporting document(s) via email to both Nairobi and Lagos IRCC email address, followed with a terse body message. Those who are comfortable in not needing reassurance of certainty can send to just Nairobi. Its very safe.

Its advised to always keep the title of the file(s) to be sent in the applicant's First or Last name followed with the Purpose of the files' title. With the email option, you can always submit additional supporting documents exceedingly above 4MB and/or higher. It will be acknowledged without any consequences.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GreatMage: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
I need a university of less than 3 million!

Bachelor's!

cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
Update: medical passed.
ayoadefantastic:
Last week, I posted that my friend recieved an email from DoNotReply-NePasRepondre@cic.gc.ca that a decision has been made on the application and should log into the portal for verification. Till now, nothing has changed. Just wondering whether anyone has had this kind of experinece before or someone can provide an insight to what is wrong. Web form has heen filled, email has been sent; till now no response whatsoever!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by femzyacess: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Update: medical passed.
CONGRATS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
 CIC NEWS

CANADA IMMIGRATION NEWSLETTER

CIC News / 2020 / August / Online courses started before study permit approval count toward PGWP
Online courses started before study permit approval count toward PGWP
International students who have to study online due to coronavirus closures will not be penalized when applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
August 4, 2020 By Shelby Thevenot

The time that international students spend studying online from outside Canada now counts toward a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

When Canada initially relaxed the PGWP requirements to include online study as part of the eligibility criteria, it only counted after international students were approved for their study permit.

Now the time international students put into their courses before getting their study permit counts as long as their program starts in 2020. They also have to apply for the study permit before September 15 and at least half of their program must be completed in Canada.

Get help with your study or work permit

Up until December 31, 2020, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will not deduct the study time completed outside Canada from the length of the PGWP.

Canada’s immigration department has made sweeping changes to the eligibility criteria for the PGWP in light of the challenges international students face while trying to complete their studies during the coronavirus outbreak.

Among these challenges is the transition from in-person classes to online study. Before the pandemic hit, the PGWP only recognized in-person classes. This is no longer viable with so many Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) switching to online courses.

If you haven’t applied for a study permit yet
Most international students must apply for their study permits online as ports of entry are not issuing visas during the pandemic.

Canada will accept incomplete applications for study permits. The new two-step study permit system allows international students to start studying without being fully equipped with a study permit. The full study permit, which will eventually be needed if international students want a PGWP, will be issued once all documents are submitted and the application is approved.

How a PGWP can lead to permanent residence
The PGWP gives international student graduates the opportunity to work in Canada for up to three years after the end of their study program.

PGWP holders can use all their years of Canadian experience toward an application for immigration. Most immigrants to Canada go through economic-class immigration where Canadian work and study experience are highly valued toward an application in the Express Entry system.

Express Entry manages applications for Canada’s three Federal Skilled Immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Experience Class.

PGWP holders can be eligible for any one of these programs depending on their experience. They must first submit a profile into the Express Entry system and become an Express Entry candidate.

Express Entry candidates are given a score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Candidates are ranked based on factors that the Canadian government has determined will support the labour market. Points are awarded based on a candidate’s age, work experience, education, and language ability in English or French.

The highest-scoring candidates are issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence through an Express Entry draw. The next draw is expected to happen this week, based on how the government has been holding draws about every two weeks this year.

Get help with your study or work permit

© 2020 CIC News All Rights Reserved

Next Article: Employment recovering in Canada
Previous Article: Express Entry: CRS drops 2 points from previous all-program draw
Related Canada Immigration Articles:
Employment recovering in Canada
How new UK immigration system compares with Canada
Canada’s film industry rebounds from coronavirus
Leave a Reply

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
GreatMage:

Bachelor's!

cry cry cry
Memorial university of Newfoundland, I'm also applying to the school.11k cad per year so far it's not medical program, school accommodation 1k, off campus 400+$.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GreatMage: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
Genevach:

Memorial university of Newfoundland, I'm also applying to the school.11k cad per year so far it's not medical program, school accommodation 1k, off campus 400+$.

Undergrad?!

Thanks!

What about proof of funds?! Like how much will I require?
I don't have much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
oloreofe01:
Hello house, are there February paper route applicants who have received an update on their application yet?
Why would IRCC not provide update on application with them more than a month with them prior to the lockdown in March?

Countless webform and email to Nairobi

Kindly link your application to online...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
Thank you for the detailed response..

JustMellow:

Hello Pee2Jay9,

Yes it does. Its part of the warning stated in the instruction above the browse column. A single merged and compressed file shouldn't exceed 2MB. For multiple merged and compressed files, 3.5MB is the size limit.

A trick that also work is simultaneously sending any additional supporting document(s) via email to both Nairobi and Lagos IRCC email address, followed with a terse body message. Those who are comfortable in not needing reassurance of certainty can send to just Nairobi. Its very safe.

Its advised to always keep the title of the file(s) to be sent in the applicant's First or Last name followed with the Purpose of the files' title. With the email option, you can always submit additional supporting documents exceedingly above 4MB and/or higher. It will be acknowledged without any consequences.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
GreatMage:

Undergrad?!

Thanks!

What about proof of funds?! Like how much will I require?
I don't have much!
I don't actually know, let's just say 10k cad plus tuition for a year, but I advice 10m-15m,
Me too don't have much, but am using a family friend, with sponsorship letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oloreofe01: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
Anon123:

I have done that since 30th March
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oloreofe01: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Anon123:

My SP application will be 6 months by 15th of this month!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
oloreofe01:

My SP application will be 6 months by 15th of this month!!!

Link your application online ... Also send a webform to inquire on why thw long delay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GreatMage: 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2020
Genevach:

I don't actually know, let's just say 10k cad plus tuition for a year, but I advice 10m-15m,
Me too don't have much, but am using a family friend, with sponsorship letter.

Alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Wow thank you for your insight... I am really grateful. God bless.

But what if I decide to go for the college and also go for a year masters afterwards, is the student permit renewable?

Osemigho:

You can get MEng admission with lower tuition elsewhere. I think University of Calgary tuition for international student in the program is about 16,000. You are likely to get three years work permit with One year masters, while one year college program will get you one year work permit. Both program will help you when applying for PR, but masters is rated higher for that.

For job, no program can guarantee that. However, college and Bachelor degree graduates are likely to have more opportunities due to abundance of entry level positions. Masters degree is considered high level for most profession and most international students do not have the Canadian professional experience to support it. So, these makes them over qualified for abundant entry level positions but unqualified or less qualified for senior and high level positions.

At the end you have to ask yourself what you want and be ready to persevere. You should also connect with people in your desired field while in school. All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Minah2020:

But what if I decide to go for the college and also go for a year masters afterwards, is the student permit renewable?

Yes.. You apply for an extension with the masters admission. To do that you need to apply the masters admission 7months before you graduate. Reason being that masters admission takes 5-6months before a decision is made to issue you an admission or not..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mzruffy: 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ameen, Thanks so such
Frankrobbn1:

IRCC has clearly stated that they will not reject any application that is in progress at any of their visa offices for non-compliance/awaiting documents on the part of the applicant. You may have exceeded the 90 days stipulated time frame that was given to submit your biometrics. Please be advised that IRCC will systematically extend the deadline with an additional 90 days in an effort to ensure that you can provide the pending information necessary for your application.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oloreofe01: 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
Anon123:

Link your application online ... Also send a webform to inquire on why thw long delay

I have my application linked already. I have also sent multiple web forms, the replies I've gotten has always been, "we're working with reduced staff bla bla bla"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ohh I see. Thank you very much for this!

Anon123:

Yes.. You apply for an extension with the masters admission. To do that you need to apply the masters admission 7months before you graduate. Reason being that masters admission takes 5-6months before a decision is made to issue you an admission or not..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
oloreofe01:
Hello house, are there February paper route applicants who have received an update on their application yet?
Why would IRCC not provide update on application with them more than a month with them prior to the lockdown in March?

Countless webform and email to Nairobi

This question has been answered in the previous page IS IRCC STILL PROCESSING PAPER APPLICATIONS?. I would suggest you defer your admission to the next available term (winter 2021).

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Just a take on those who are applying for winter 2021 the “2 stage application approval” does not affect you. Your application would be processed normally. It’s only for those going for fall 2020 who must submit on or before September 15th.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Minah2020:

As someone said before, you can renew your permit after. However, it might not be a prudent decision to attend a college first, then masters, except you have a low GPA. I will go for a masters if I can. If you are worried about securing admission, you will always see schools that offer multiple semester admission for professional programs like MEng. Your money is important to them. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pjomo: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2020
GreatMage:

Bachelor's!

cry cry cry
You are here again?.. Lmao

Check University of Maiduguri

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2020
Hi peeps.. kindly do well to remain mute if can't provide reasonable answer/response.... thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shawtylil(f): 12:57am On Aug 06, 2020
hi good day, i applied for my canadian student visa in february 18th and got my bvl in march 5th and i got a mail last week tuesday that my decision envelope is at the vac in lagos. is it rejected at this period in time or it is pre-approval as said for fall applicants? someone help please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by tholuwalorpe: 1:02am On Aug 06, 2020
Thanks to everyone feeding us all with the wealth of information on this thread. May God bless you all.

Please, I'm new on this thread and I need clarification on Evaluation. I went through some colleges and noticed they require Credential evaluation with WES, ICES....etc. Like Seneca College. Please someone should assist to clarify this.

I've done my evaluation but it was for immigration propose(Document by Document). Kindly assist on this please.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 4:55am On Aug 06, 2020
shawtylil:
hi good day, i applied for my canadian student visa in february 18th and got my bvl in march 5th and i got a mail last week tuesday that my decision envelope is at the vac in lagos. is it rejected at this period in time or it is pre-approval as said for fall applicants? someone help please.
Did you apply through paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 5:54am On Aug 06, 2020
Just received my approval in principle letter grin.

I have done my medicals but it hasn't been updated yet. No biometrics.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 5:55am On Aug 06, 2020
Iceman2020:
Please can I pm you?

Sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Congratulations!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:47am On Aug 06, 2020
rebeccausoro:

congratulations!!! please share timeline with us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mikenkem: 7:07am On Aug 06, 2020
Good morning team. Great job you're doing to update other members of the team.
Please I just got this update.

[b]Hello,
While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s
whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing
the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students
who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have
their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.
You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you
provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility
assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your
application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical
examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have
not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further
instructions.
Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our
assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or
refused) made on your application.
While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.
If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your
client(s) of this important information.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

[/b]

Would like to find out what it means?
I didn't do an upfront medical.

I also forgot to attach my police report. How can I access the webform please?
Thank you all. Would appreciate your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.