Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168282 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:39am On Aug 21, 2020
Wow.! So if u didn't request for the notes, you wouldn't have known all these? I'm guessing that they're post poning refusals for a set future date.. Pls what was showing on your application before you ordered for the GCMS notes? Was background and eligibility still running at the time?

Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

I applied for my Study permit on the 16th of June and didn't get any update on my application until I ordered for my GCMS notes 15 days ago.

I just received the notes now to discover that I FAILED the eligibility review done on the 17th of July, 2020.

Part of the reasons for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

I acknowledge that I do not have any travel history and was single when I did the application (married now though). I will defer my admission and use the next 6 months to get travel experience and increase my POF and then reapply again. Unfortunately, my course can only be started in the fall term, so I will be defering to Fall 2021.

I am pained but not discouraged. We will do this once again.

I am grateful to everyone for the knowledge I have gotten from this forum.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 8:40am On Aug 21, 2020
Morning guys, looks like this police certificate if now needed. I want to get it done and send through webform.

Please direct me where to do it and how much it cost, and what I need to take along
How to get to the location from Ojota.

Sincere appreciation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Good morning everyone
please what documents do I need to take for the biometrics enrollment.Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Esekaris1(f): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Esekaris1,

I understand from your post that you've not yet resumed. However, I will still render my opinion with the two perspectives below;

If you've not resumed your duties, get a reference letter advising the VO of the job security and strongly describing the official set date to join the coy prior after your study in Canada.

But if you've resumed your duties, get a leave and reference letter.

All the best

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Wow.! So if u didn't request for the notes, you wouldn't have known all these? I'm guessing that they're post poning refusals for a set future date.. Pls what was showing on your application before you ordered for the GCMS notes? Was background and eligibility still running at the time?

If the refusal comes without biometric, I don't think many will go back for the biometric later. Maybe they are waiting for biometric before they issue the refusal letter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Omo ehn, with this news, i dont know what to think again, maybe they have issued out AIP to those they want to give. It is painful to have been waiting all these while and they have already made a decision on your application. I guess for the rest of us still waiting, we just have to keep praying and hoping.

Pee2Jay9:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2020
Good morning.. Pls why do you think police clearance certificate is now compulsory? Is it expressly stated on the AIP letters received so far?

Phatkayconcept:
Morning guys, looks like this police certificate if now needed. I want to get it done and send through webform.

Please direct me where to do it and how much it cost, and what I need to take along

Sincere appreciation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2020
SKEPTA:
Good morning everyone
please what documents do I need to take for the biometrics enrollment.Thank you

Go with everything especially coloured photocopies of your international passport so they wont charge u 1k there for it.. Also go with the proof of payment of the $235 application fee

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2020
Anndav:
Good morning, pls is VFS Canada open to the public? Because I need to check the status of my passport that was submitted for visa stamp since March. Thanks

Not open to public. It's stated on website. Passport will be returned via courier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2020
For those that have submitted more documents via webform, pls did the additional document reflect on your application portal? U know u can see all the documents you submitted during application, did the addition via webform reflect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Sincere appreciation
Police Character Certificate is gotten @ Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos

- u are to go there with ur International Passport (Valid) & a Passport Photograph,
The price ranges from #5K to #10K

Note: Police Clearance Certificate is valid for 3-Months

I think you should visit OJOTA garage to enquire, cos presently Third Mainland Bridge is closed, I heard the alternative route to the Island (Obalende, Ikoyi, Lekki , V/Island etc.) is thru Western Avenue, Surulere (though prone to Traffic Congestion)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 9:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Pls can DHL take passport for stamping to and fro if requested? Which other couriers are there?

MadeMan01:

Not open to public. It's stated on website. Passport will be returned via courier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Go with everything especially coloured photocopies of your international passport so they wont charge u 1k there for it.. Also go with the proof of payment of the $235 application fee
Really!!!
Charge Someone for 1K
Proof of Payment

Is this a new development or that's how its bin done in the past?

I thought Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) is enough proof that an Applicant has paid for Biometrics,
cos if an Applicant don't pay for Biometrics he/she won't get a BIL

According to the BIL, it says
When you present yourself at the biometric collection service point of your choice, you must bring the
following:
• a copy of this letter (BIL), and
• the passport or travel document that you referenced in your application

Also together with the Appointment Letter an Applicant get thru the online Appointment Booking & also sent to his/her e-Mail (Appointment Confirmation Mail)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Background and eligibility still running.

Infact, the note made by the VO on my application is on the screenshot below;

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 9:30am On Aug 21, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

i am in the process of obtaining my gcms from gcmsbuddy.

thanks a lot

Please how can I go about this? If there's a link kindly share with me. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Does this mean people that deferred admission to 2021 will not be eligible for the second stage?
Tonyodg:
READ!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:35am On Aug 21, 2020
The website is not opening o, did you book via email or on the website?

rebeccausoro:

I have been able to do it! Booked for Monday grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2020
Dameelee:
Does this mean people that deferred admission to 2021 will not be eligible for the second stage?
honestly no idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

please what do you mean by everything?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2020
Lekiboboe:
u welcome, 26th Fully Booked shocked
Aiit, 27th is ok

Hope u got an Appointment Confirmation Mail, if yes,
Make sure u click on the confirmation appointment link in your email (in Blue Color), when u click on that, it will prompt u to open ur Browser,
then u gonna see a directive asking u to confirm ur presence YES / No,
Click on YES, and u will see SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED

This is a confirmation that your date had been HB

Yes someone mentioned it earlier and I did so right away.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2020
SKEPTA:

please what do you mean by everything?

Make two (2) coloured photocopy of your international passport and also carry the original.
Carry like two (2) passport photograph (it has a specification though)

I saw this from one of the previous thread on here. Don't forget your appointment letter and BVL (this is proof of payment for biometrics)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adegbitetunji(m): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2020
Please, has any May 20th applicant got an update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2020
Did u ever receive medical request?

Nwannediutor:

Background and eligibility still running.

Infact, the note made by the VO on my application is on the screenshot below;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Asides the confirmation email you got with the attached letter, did you have to confirm again on the vfs portal?
Cause I'm seeing a link on the email they sent to me saying: As next steps: Click on ‘confirm appointment’ to confirm your visit to the Canada Visa Application Center. Click on ‘reschedule appointment’ for a change in date. You may choose to cancel by clicking on ‘Cancel appointment’. Kindly carry a copy of this letter to your scheduled appointment.
I'm a bit confused o

Lekiboboe:

Yes,

I finally booked online few minutes ago,
Got the date and time , appointment letter & appointment confirmation

u can give it a shot now,
though I noticed a Legend there showing Aug. 24 & 25 are fully booked and not available anymore,

Aug. 26 upward is available
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2020
adegbitetunji:
Please, has any May 20th applicant got an update?

May 30th here
Nothing on my end. Classes starts Sept 8!!
After giving my biometrics I'll consider ordering GCMS notes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Dameelee:
Asides the confirmation email you got with the attached letter, did you have to confirm again on the vfs portal?
Cause I'm seeing a link on the email they sent to me saying: As next steps: Click on ‘confirm appointment’ to confirm your visit to the Canada Visa Application Center. Click on ‘reschedule appointment’ for a change in date. You may choose to cancel by clicking on ‘Cancel appointment’. Kindly carry a copy of this letter to your scheduled appointment.
I'm a bit confused o

Click on the confirm appointment there. Then pick yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2020
Mine is not showing YES/NO infact there is no confirm on the portal

Lekiboboe:
u welcome, 26th Fully Booked shocked
Aiit, 27th is ok

Hope u got an Appointment Confirmation Mail, if yes,
Make sure u click on the confirmation appointment link in your email (in Blue Color), when u click on that, it will prompt u to open ur Browser,
then u gonna see a directive asking u to confirm ur presence YES / No,
Click on YES, and u will see SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED

This is a confirmation that your date had been secured
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2020
Anndav:
Good morning, pls is VFS Canada open to the public? Because I need to check the status of my passport that was submitted for visa stamp since March. Thanks

Yes it opens 24th Aug.. For your situation, I don't think you need an appointment. You can go there before 8am wen the gates open.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:30am On Aug 21, 2020
Its not showing confirm appointment, just reschedule, cancel, schedule
NerdoInnocentia:

Click on the confirm appointment there. Then pick yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Good morning @everyone,

Please how long does it take after biometrics before passport is requested for stamping and visa issuance?

I'm clearly ignorant in that aspect and I'll need someone to paint a clear picture for me.

Thank you!

Once biometrics is done, you will get a mail from IRCC that same day latest the next day notifying you that your biometrics has been received and processing of your application has resumed for the second and final stage if you have gotten an AIP(Approval in princple) and done your medicals. If you havent , your application is still being processed. As for timeline of wen you will get passport requests, back den in a week or 4days later but now, takes time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54