Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1167949 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hi Guys,

Is there any first time or second time (please specify) Study permit applicant who submitted his/her application on or after July 17th and has gotten AIP already?

Would appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abacino007(m): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
Good evening guys,

I studied Economics and graduated with 3.65, what are my chances of getting admitted for Msc in Canada?

Perhaps schools that can offer me admission.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Just got my AIP now

Applied : June 10

Appreciation to @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Qudkom & every HONORABLES who has bin contributing to this forum...

To everyone waiting for approval, ur Testimony is on the Way
Amen and congrats to you . Can you share with us , documents submitted for the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

I'll wait the 4Hours. If I don't get an email or sms as they said I'll try the online method again.
This thing is really stressful!!
Yes,

I finally booked online few minutes ago,
Got the date and time , appointment letter & appointment confirmation

u can give it a shot now,
though I noticed a Legend there showing Aug. 24 & 25 are fully booked and not available anymore,

Aug. 26 upward is available
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes,

I finally booked using online few minutes ago,
Got the date and time , and appointment confirmation

though I noticed a Legend there showing Aug. 24 & 25 are fully booked and not available anymore,

Still having problem booking on my end, did you use the same email address or what did you change this time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by luckyjojo: 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Please is the police certificate compulsory for visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Fgmp12:

Still having problem booking on my end, did you use the same email address or what did you change this time?
Yes same e-mail address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bestvibe2020: 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
How long does it take for biometircs to be uploaded
And what are the documents you required to carry along
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes same e-mail address
Okay, Not working for me still, same old old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Janeakpan: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello house I'm trying to link my application online, and I'm seeing an application Ref No on my receipt for the application with the format ' CALA/000/0000 and another one on the appointment letter with the format ' LAGO1234567/9' , Which one do I use to link it.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Fgmp12:

Okay, Not working for me still, same old old.
Keep trying... Probably like 12am upward

Cos I tried it countless time today bfor it finally became successful in this attempt

I guess there is too much traffic on their Server
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
luckyjojo:
Please is the police certificate compulsory for visa application
With this new AIP method from IRCC,
P.C.C. seems compulsory

Approval-In-Principle (Police Clearance Certificate requirement)

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/canada-makes-huge-changes-to-help-international-students-0715032.html/amp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
I have finally been able to book mine for Wednesday. I used Moxilla rather than chrome and used a yahoo email addy instead of the gmail I had been using all along. hope this works for you.

Fgmp12:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Keep trying... Probably like 12am upward

Cos I tried it countless time today bfor it finally became successful in this attempt

I guess there is too much traffic on their Server
I’ll keep trying certainly, thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
Eilenora:
I have finally been able to book mine for Wednesday. I used Moxilla rather than chrome and used a yahoo email addy instead of the gmail I had been using all along. hope this works for you.

Okay will give this a shot too, thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

I applied for my Study permit on the 16th of June and didn't get any update on my application until I ordered for my GCMS notes 15 days ago.

I just received the notes now to discover that I FAILED the eligibility review done on the 17th of July, 2020.

Part of the reasons for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

I acknowledge that I do not have any travel history and was single when I did the application (married now though). I will defer my admission and use the next 6 months to get travel experience and increase my POF and then reapply again. Unfortunately, my course can only be started in the fall term, so I will be defering to Fall 2021.

I am pained but not discouraged. We will do this once again.

I am grateful to everyone for the knowledge I have gotten from this forum.
So sorry about this UPDATE

I pray all will be in order & favorable for u in your next shot

I appreciate you u and your contributions

Remain Blessed!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Janeakpan: 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Janeakpan:
Hello house I'm trying to link my application online, and I'm seeing an application Ref No on my receipt for the application with the format ' CALA/000/0000 and another one on the appointment letter with the format ' LAGO1234567/9' , Which one do I use to link it.

Thank you
Please Anyone can help me answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

I applied for my Study permit on the 16th of June and didn't get any update on my application until I ordered for my GCMS notes 15 days ago.

I just received the notes now to discover that I FAILED the eligibility review done on the 17th of July, 2020.

Part of the reasons for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

I acknowledge that I do not have any travel history and was single when I did the application (married now though). I will defer my admission and use the next 6 months to get travel experience and increase my POF and then reapply again. Unfortunately, my course can only be started in the fall term, so I will be defering to Fall 2021.

I am pained but not discouraged. We will do this once again.

I am grateful to everyone for the knowledge I have gotten from this forum.

please could you share your profile?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Abacino007:
Good evening guys,

I studied Economics and graduated with 3.65, what are my chances of getting admitted for Msc in Canada?

Perhaps schools that can offer me admission.

Thanks

First of all u are qualified for a Masters cos u av a 2.1

But in order to boost ur chances for an M.SC admission in Canada , more than CGPA is required most esp. if its a thesis-based masters u are going for.

Note that: Most Masters Admission are only available for Fall Intake (September), so u should be looking out for September 2021 intake and the admission process do take like 2-5 months

Visit the link below for schools offering a Masters in Economics and Economics Related Programs,
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Economics&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Google the schools and the Dept. one after the other, visit their staff profiles so you can meet potential supervisors in which u can mail to know if they are accepting students for the next intake

Make sure you select lots of schools as much as u can, cos u will be sending mails to potential supervisors (Prof/Dr)

Visit the link on how to secure a Potential Supervisor and some other vital information
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by freshStarz: 1:07am On Aug 21, 2020
Hi guys,
Pls where do I start applying for Canada school visa. I want to try Canada

I graduated with B.Sc in Microbiology 3.15/4
And I want to apply for MSc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 2:09am On Aug 21, 2020
Submitted mine on July 18th, no other update since BVL. First time app.
bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

Is there any first time or second time (please specify) Study permit applicant who submitted his/her application on or after July 17th and has gotten AIP already?

Would appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 2:29am On Aug 21, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes,

I finally booked online few minutes ago,
Got the date and time , appointment letter & appointment confirmation

Thanks
Done mine too.
Lol 26th is also fully booked ! I applied for 27th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dimejalex(m): 3:32am On Aug 21, 2020
osadestiny:

Have you paid the $500 deposit the school asked to pay when you received your admission? University of regina normally ask for $500 deposit for international students that is non refundable regardless of not been issued SP or not. You can pay the tuition fee or even half or neither not to pay now before you apply for your Student permit. As others will always say here paying your complete tuition or not paying at all does not give you 100 Percent that you will be giving the student permit. All lies in your application , others got their student permit after paying their full tuition, some payed half they were still given, some others didn’t pay at all they were still given and also either of the three did they were not also given. You can also check the school refund policy and check. I also applied for the university as well, still waiting for the admission. Thank you.
thanks bro i appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dimejalex(m): 3:33am On Aug 21, 2020
Fgmp12:

You have to contact the school international admission office/department to know what they accept.
okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

Thanks
Done mine too.
u welcome, 26th Fully Booked shocked
Aiit, 27th is ok

Hope u got an Appointment Confirmation Mail, if yes,
Make sure u click on the confirmation appointment link in your email (in Blue Color), when u click on that, it will prompt u to open ur Browser,
then u gonna see a directive asking u to confirm ur presence YES / No,
Click on YES, and u will see SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED

This is a confirmation that your date had been secured

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

Thanks
Done mine too.
That moment VFS/VAC Canada Biometrics office, Lagos has bin fully booked For 3 days in jz less than 24 hours , The administrator of that VFS website will be like

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:32am On Aug 21, 2020
freshStarz:
Hi guys,
Pls where do I start applying for Canada school visa. I want to try Canada

I graduated with B.Sc in Microbiology 3.15/4
And I want to apply for MSc
First of all Note that:
U need to secure a Supervisor bfor you can get a Masters Admission

Also Most Masters Admission are only available for Fall Intake (September), so u should be looking out for September 2021 intake and the admission process do take like 2-5 months

Visit the link below and check for schools offering Masters in Microbiology & Microbiology Related Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Microbiology&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Google the schools and the Dept. one after the other, visit their staff profiles so you can meet potential supervisors in which u can mail to know if they are accepting students for the next intake (Fall September 2021 Intake)

Make sure you select lots of schools as much as u can, cos u will be sending mails to lots of potential supervisors (Prof/Dr)

Visit the link below on how to secure a Potential Supervisor and some other vital information
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:57am On Aug 21, 2020
librangyps:

Me too. I paid them and was debited N5,100.
I'm in the process of submitting consent form.
You are going to MUN too right?

For those booking biometrics, don't forget to click on the confirmation link in your email after booking your appointment.

yes, mun
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anndav(f): 7:13am On Aug 21, 2020
Good morning, pls is VFS Canada open to the public? Because I need to check the status of my passport that was submitted for visa stamp since March. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Good morning @everyone,

Please how long does it take after biometrics before passport is requested for stamping and visa issuance?

I'm clearly ignorant in that aspect and I'll need someone to paint a clear picture for me.

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.