Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168411 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2020
Dameelee:
Asides the confirmation email you got with the attached letter, did you have to confirm again on the vfs portal?
Cause I'm seeing a link on the email they sent to me saying: As next steps: Click on ‘confirm appointment’ to confirm your visit to the Canada Visa Application Center. Click on ‘reschedule appointment’ for a change in date. You may choose to cancel by clicking on ‘Cancel appointment’. Kindly carry a copy of this letter to your scheduled appointment.
I'm a bit confused o

Yes u av to confirm that link in the e-mail,
Click on the CONFIRM APPOINTMENT in ur Mail,

It will prompt u to open ur BROWSER,

When it opens,

Select YES,

U will get a response SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2020
Phatkayconcept:
Morning guys, looks like this police certificate if now needed. I want to get it done and send through webform.

Please direct me where to do it and how much it cost, and what I need to take along
How to get to the location from Ojota.

Sincere appreciation

Go to police cid alagbon ikoyi... Can bargain 5-8k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:37am On Aug 21, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Omo ehn, with this news, i dont know what to think again, maybe they have issued out AIP to those they want to give. It is painful to have been waiting all these while and they have already made a decision on your application. I guess for the rest of us still waiting, we just have to keep praying and hoping.

Don't conclude bro.. Order for your gcms note to know why the delay.. It might be that they require a document from you and IRCC won't tell you until you find out

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Good morning.. Pls why do you think police clearance certificate is now compulsory? Is it expressly stated on the AIP letters received so far?

Police clearance certificate is necessary because during eligibility review and background check they do a criminality check which is why the police certificate is necessary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2020
Dameelee:
Mine is not showing YES/NO infact there is no confirm on the portal

It should,
Make sure u get a Mail from VFS with the Subject Appointment Confirmation,

u would see

Confirm Appointment , Reschedule Appointment, Cancel Appointment

select Confirm Appointment,

Open with a browser of ur choice, then sel. YES.. Thats all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
For those that have submitted more documents via webform, pls did the additional document reflect on your application portal? U know u can see all the documents you submitted during application, did the addition via webform reflect?

You cant see all the documents you submitted on your visa portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2020
Anon123:

Once biometrics is done, you will get a mail from IRCC that same day latest the next day notifying you that your biometrics has been received and processing of your application has resumed for the second and final stage if you have gotten an AIP(Approval in princple) and done your medicals. If you havent , your application is still being processed. As for timeline of wen you will get passport requests, back den in a week or 4days later but now, takes time.

Please for those who have given their biometrics, done medicals and received AIP any idea when the second stage and final stage will roll in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2020
Dameelee:
Its not showing confirm appointment, just reschedule, cancel, schedule

Your email??
Not the vfs website. Check the email you used to log in. You will see a comfirmation email from them containing your appointment letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2020
Faith243:

Please for those who have given their biometrics, done medicals and received AIP any idea when the second stage and final stage will roll in.

Don't know but from the update of resuming VAC offices from Monday.. I can say from next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2020
Anyone who did upfront medicals and uploaded the result via webform without a medical request from IRCC, was this updated as medical passed on your profile?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2020
TimAke:
Anyone who did upfront medicals and uploaded the result via webform without a medical request from IRCC, was this updated as medical passed on your profile?

They should ..if they haven't , send the slip again and explain they are yet to update you on your medical results on your portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2020
Anon123:

They should ..if they haven't , send the slip again and explain they are yet to update you on your medical results on your portal
You are awesome. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2020
Thank you for this. I'm grateful.

Please, I did upfront medicals after submitting my study permit application in Qlife, should I still submit a webform because the clinic said they'll send it to Canada for me.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Anon123:

Once biometrics is done, you will get a mail from IRCC that same day latest the next day notifying you that your biometrics has been received and processing of your application has resumed for the second and final stage if you have gotten an AIP(Approval in princple) and done your medicals. If you havent , your application is still being processed. As for timeline of wen you will get passport requests, back den in a week or 4days later but now, takes time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2020
That is were the problem is, when i click on the link it takes me to the portal to sign in, when i sign in there isn't an option to confirm appointment.
I tried rescheduling the appointment and it says no appointment found after imputing my reference number. Then i tried schuling a new appointment and it say i already booked an appointment. I'm honestly confused right now.

Lekiboboe:

It should,
Make sure u get a Mail from VFS with the Subject Appointment Confirmation,

u would see

Confirm Appointment , Reschedule Appointment, Cancel Appointment

select Confirm Appointment,

Open with a browser of ur choice, then sel. YES.. Thats all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jayne07(f): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2020
Good afternoon everyone.
I have an admission for global hospitality management at Conestoga college against January 2021. School fee payment deadline is October. School gave fly wire and cibc as options to pay fee and my bank is saying no third party payment is allowed. Any idea how I can pay my tuition of 8865.25 CAD. Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2020
I dunno what the recent development will be but those were the items I went with and was required of me, and i was gladi went with multiple copiea of coloured photocopy of International passport + booking letter. The only difference between my answer and ur list is the quoted amount for photocopying over there, and I'm sure u remember that this is Nigeria..

PS - when I'm guessing, i make it obvious but when I'm sure, my answers show same as well

Lekiboboe:

Really!!!
Charge Someone for 1K
Proof of Payment

Is this a new development or that's how its bin done in the past?

I thought Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) is enough proof that an Applicant has paid for Biometrics,
cos if an Applicant don't pay for Biometrics he/she won't get a BIL

According to the BIL, it says
When you present yourself at the biometric collection service point of your choice, you must bring the
following:
• a copy of this letter (BIL), and
• the passport or travel document that you referenced in your application

Also together with the Appointment Letter an Applicant get thru the online Appointment Booking & also sent to his/her e-Mail (Appointment Confirmation Mail)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2020
Update I've been able to do it o, I guess it was a technical error. Thank you for your assistance.

Dameelee:
That is were the problem is, when i click on the link it takes me to the portal to sign in, when i sign in there isn't an option to confirm appointment.
I tried rescheduling the appointment and it says no appointment found after imputing my reference number. Then i tried schuling a new appointment and it say i already booked an appointment. I'm honestly confused right now.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2020
I'm lost in all of these process; I did upfront medical and was notified it has been sent to IRCC before I submitted my application. The slip given from the hospital was attached along side my study permit application when I submitted and yet my application status says all these as attached below: please can someone help me explain. Thanks in anticipation

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2020
Will you spend more by going there with all the documents you think will be required? I traveled from PH to Lagos solely for this purpose so i went with my everything.. I didn't want to hear that they needed something that i didn't go with

SKEPTA:

please what do you mean by everything?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:37am On Aug 21, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Thank you for this. I'm grateful.

Please, I did upfront medicals after submitting my study permit application in Qlife, should I still submit a webform because the clinic said they'll send it to Canada for me.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

If on your visa portal it hasn't been changed to passed 4days after the medicals, pls send the slip again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2020
I can see all the documents i submitted in their appropriate sections, even right now.. What i want to know is if added documents sent via webform will be updated on the portal like the others. Any ideas?

Anon123:

You cant see all the documents you submitted on your visa portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Jayne07:
Good afternoon everyone.
I have an admission for global hospitality management at Conestoga college against January 2021. School fee payment deadline is October. School gave fly wire and cibc as options to pay fee and my bank is saying no third party payment is allowed. Any idea how I can pay my tuition of 8865.25 CAD. Please help

Flywire though their rates are high. Dollars is scarse now. You dont need your bank to use flywire. You can sit at your home. All your need is your student number and ATM card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
I dunno what the recent development will be but those were the items I went with and was required of me, and i was gladi went with multiple copiea of coloured photocopy of International passport + booking letter. The only difference between my answer and ur list is the quoted amount for photocopying over there, and I'm sure u remember that this is Nigeria..

PS - when I'm guessing, i make it obvious but when I'm sure, my answers show same as well

Chai, u said it all,

Like u said ,this is NIGERIA,
I guess that's a way they find business for those business center guys there, the annoying & unethical thing is the Outrageous Price they charge e.g a Document that ought to be Printed within the range of #10 to #50 is being printed at #200-#500

Thanks for the based-on-experience heads-up

Well-Appreciated

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Roger that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
I can see all the documents i submitted in their appropriate sections, even right now.. What i want to know is if added documents sent via webform will be updated on the portal like the others. Any ideas?

Well.. This is the first and wondering how you are seeing those but if you send via webform, you will get a notification that it has been received
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Will you spend more by going there with all the documents you think will be required? I traveled from PH to Lagos solely for this purpose so i went with my everything.. I didn't want to hear that they needed something that i didn't go with

I understand your point. I’ll also say In the BIL, it is stated that documents to bring along should be:

-A copy of the BIL
-Passport or travel document referenced in your application.

It also advisable to come with a confirmation of a your appointment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Jayne07:
Good afternoon everyone.

From the little I know, I think your school giving you an option of CIBC(which is a bank in Canada )should also provide you with the account number thou I don't know how things work with Conestoga.

My school provided me their account number with Royal Bank of Canada in which I wired my tuition successfully using Form A(FirstBank)@ the rate of 291.8naira/1cad first week of August. My opinion is you contact the school and inquire if such option is available.

If yes, you can use the link below to check how to go about using FormA .. Courtesy Lekiboboe

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/129
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hello everyone
Resubmitted My application since May 18 till now no update
Have already done biometrics and medicals
My last refusal was based on only family ties.
So my dad plot bought a plot ofvland stating that I'll establish a medical center adter my studies.
I'm scared but I've ordered my gcms note. Its now or never.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zikstar4me(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hello everyone, so I submitted my application around July 13, did upfront medicals at Qlife on the 18th, but still the medical section of my application portal has not been updated or changed. Also did my police certificate upfront, should I send that in by webform?

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67