Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160562 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
Admin9:
biometrics completed!

Could you please share your experience and what was required?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
LOOOOOL!!!!
Admin9:

your agent is an agent of darkness

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks for insightas always.

I appliedJuly 1st and I already applied for a gcms note.

Biometric, Thursday.
Frankrobbn1:

The time is too short to request for a GCMS notes on your application. Its better you wait as your application is barely a month old and no much activity could have been done within this time.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
How did it work pls... did you just walk in into their office when it got to the time on appointmentletter? Or did you have to queue?
NairaLuck:
I don land for VAC . These tout guys dey misbehave o.
Advice to those on their way, as soon as you drop in front of the VAC just Waka enter the queue.just ignore any single person that approaches you, wether properly dressed or not it will save you. Cause some of them fit empty you, 2Mins
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Foski01:
How did it work pls... did you just walk in into their office when it got to the time on appointmentletter? Or did you have to queue?

From my experience, did mine before covid. when you'll go there you'll say ahhh.. so there's money in Nigeria.
Theyll check your passport before you go in.
Then yall would be given a form to fill.. your name, email, passport number, signature and all..
Y'all would sit for a while then y'all would line in accordance to your appointment time and you'll be given your number... Its very and exhausting... when you finally hear your number.. you then go inside and take your biometrics then they'll give you a paper and tell you to keep it well...
That's my own experience oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Mobi22 post=93209915]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Please if you have successfully uploaded your medical through webform can you share the link?, and what Visa office should i choose that is processing my application. Nigeria and Kenya?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thank you.
Mobi22:

From my experience, did mine before covid. when you'll go there you'll say ahhh.. so there's money in Nigeria.
Then yall would be given a form to fill.. your name, email, passport number, signature and all..
Y'all would sit for a while then y'all would line in accordance to your appointment time and you'll be given your number... Its very and exhausting... when you finally hear your number.. you then go inside and take your biometrics then they'll give you a paper and tell you to keep it well...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
SKEPTA:
hello everyone,
I submitted- july 16
Did upfront medicals at qlife july 22nd and raised webform to submit emedical slip
I got aip july 30
then medical request july 31st
since then I have raised about 4 webforms snd sent 2 emails but none of them has be acknowledged.
I read on my medical request letter that I’m required to undergo medical examination within 30 days of the letter.

Right now I don’t know what to do..Please help

Guys, with this daily issues with upfront medicals do you think it's wise to do it or wait for their request since the VACs and International flights are about to resume. Maybe they're gradually returning back to the normal way if processing.
I'm just thinking out loud, is it wise to still do upfront medicals? Or is it the hospitals fault?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
NairaLuck:

Guys, with this daily issues with upfront medicals do you think it's wise to do it or wait for their request since the VACs and International flights are about to resume. Maybe they're gradually returning back to the normal way if processing.
I'm just thinking out loud, is it wise to still do upfront medicals? Or is it the hospitals fault?

Is this meant to be the answer to the question I asked?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hi friends. Has anyone received any update after AIP? Passport request or Confirmation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hi,

This is more like a form/generic response a program assistant or graduate coordinator would send. There is no need following up with this person. My suggestion is for you to search for other professors with similar research interests as you within the program or else where.

A positive feedback from prospective supervisor(s) will typically lead to requesting additional info/documents (good) from you or requesting a Skype/G-hangout/Zoom meeting (Great) to assess you further. This is like a job interview and you have about 5 minutes to sell yourself. If you make a good impression at this stage, you are almost sure this will lead to support of your application.

PhD recruitment process in that clime is a big deal, very competitive and you are typically seen as part of the department staff during your stay. Also, 90% of successful PhD applications will come with one form of funding or another (partial or full). Although it takes time and requires preparation but it is very possible and people get those green lights daily.

Thanks.
Ogedadiva:
Good afternoon wonderful people !
I am here again for your beautiful clarification.

I was here few months or thereabouts making enquiry about PhD programs. Adviced was given and so far I have messaged 13 lecturers for supervision.

One of the lecturers replied me today and I didn't understand whether he want to supervised me or not.

I also don't understand next line of action.

Please,I need your expertise advice and input.

Thank you very much for all things you all are doing here.

Attached is the response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello London boy please my name is Timilehin Emmanuel from Lagos State I actually also applied to U of Regina and I am currently in process and I have a two years Gap and I have sent the reason to them please how do u go about it and get the admission please I need your WhatsApp number please or your email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello genevach please I also applied to the university of regina I have sent them Mine documents through PDF and I got a message yesterday telling me to state why I have been out of school for two years Gap and I stated it and send to them today please can I have your WhatsApp number or email please my name is Timilehin Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
Please how can I pay the 500 dollars so I could get the acceptance letter to proceed for my study permit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello London boy please my name is Timilehin Emmanuel from Lagos State I actually also applied to U of Regina and I am currently in process and I have a two years Gap and I have sent the reason to them please how do u go about it and get the admission please I need your WhatsApp number please or your email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
SKEPTA:

Is this meant to be the answer to the question I asked?
Its a question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ysakaws1: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Can two separate applications have the same sponsor? Will the VO find out? This is my situation. Precisely, my brother and I paid different agents for the entire processing (this was unplanned). We both now have different admissions and we are about to apply for our study permits. The only option for both of us is using our Dad as sponsor. I’m really worried if this won’t have any effect. They can only identify a sponsor by his name, and several people can bear the same name - so I personally feel there is no way the VO will find out that the sponsor is the same on two applications. I need to hear from others however. Sadly, even if it would have effect, there’s still no other option for sponsorship.

P.S - Please I need answers only if you are sure, because your answer may totally discourage me, and that’s the last thing I need right now. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Where is this quoted 500 cad stated? Cos my admission letter from U of R didn't state any of such.. Who else got admission into Engineering?

timilehinemmanu:
Please how can I pay the 500 dollars so I could get the acceptance letter to proceed for my study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
Don't do anything. Just wait and enjoy your time in sunny Nigeria before you come and face the cold in obodo Canada.

SKEPTA:
hello everyone,
I submitted- july 16
Did upfront medicals at qlife july 22nd and raised webform to submit emedical slip
I got aip july 30
since then I have raised about 4 webforms snd sent 2 emails but none of them has be acknowledged.
I read on my medical request letter that I’m required to undergo medical examination within 30 days of the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello please I am Timilehin from Lagos State please I actually applied to university of Regina and I actually sent all my documents to them aui hot a mail telling me to explain why I got two year Gap from so I explained in the PDF and send to them so they said application will take proceed after 2 weeks the porter status online is still showing incompletel outstanding on only the letter I sent to them today please anyone why is Regina application so slow please anyone who also applied to Regina let connect please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Please if you have successfully uploaded your medical through webform can you share the link?, and what Visa office should i choose that is processing my application. Nigeria and Kenya?
Please can someone assist with an answer for this. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Admin9: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
VFS Global

Dear XXXXXXX

Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200XXXXXXXX has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 8/25/2020 3:42:10 PM for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

PLEASE WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

luckymama justmellow frankrobbn1 anon123 skepta
i applied for GCMS notes and i completed my biometrics today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
SKEPTA:
hello everyone,
I submitted- july 16
I got aip july 30

Hello Skepta... Four Webforms and two emails? That's not needed.. In as much you saw it submitted successfully, you have nothing to worry about becuase its stated on the website you won't get an acknowledgement if your app is still within processing time. Its also stated you shouldn't send more than one webform for the same enquiry.

I'll advice you just chill... It'll reflect soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Greatadams: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
1.Book my biometric for 2nd of September my question do you pay for it when you get to the office and how much do you pay
2.also I have applied for my visa since March no update should I request For my GCMS note and how much those it cost and how is it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Tohbieee:

Please can someone assist with an answer for this. Thank you.

Kenya I think cos it has been the office handling Nigeria Apps for sometime now

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
holluville:

Kenya I think cos it has been the office handling Nigeria Apps for sometime now

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=nairobi
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
God Bless you sir good question cos I am just tire but don't want to give up
NairaLuck:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Abeeb23:
thank you sir...

I will advice if you dont have access to your visa application, you collect it asap from that agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
SKEPTA:
hello everyone,
I submitted- july 16
I got aip july 30

Pls send the slip you were given during the upfront medicals across.. Yes you have 30days to get it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mobi22:

For the bolded, PLEASE KEEP THAT PAPER WELL O COS ITS VERY VERY VITAL WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORTS FOR STAMPING AND COLLECTION. IF YOU LOSE IT, OYO IS YOUR CASE!

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.