Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,337 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160508 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Please if you have successfully uploaded your medical through webform can you share the link?, and what Visa office should i choose that is processing my application. Nigeria and Kenya?

Kenya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
BlegendE:
Hi friends. Has anyone received any update after AIP? Passport request or Confirmation?

Have you done your biometrics, If yes, pls sit back and relax u will get updates.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Anon123:

Pls send the slip you were given during the upfront medicals across.. Yes you have 30days to get it done

I have sent it a couple of times

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ysakaws1:
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Can two separate applications have the same sponsor? Will the VO find out? This is my situation. Precisely, my brother and I paid different agents for the entire processing (this was unplanned). We both now have different admissions and we are about to apply for our study permits. The only option for both of us is using our Dad as sponsor. I’m really worried if this won’t have any effect. They can only identify a sponsor by his name, and several people can bear the same name - so I personally feel there is no way the VO will find out that the sponsor is the same on two applications. I need to hear from others however. Sadly, even if it would have effect, there’s still no other option for sponsorship.

P.S - Please I need answers only if you are sure, because your answer may totally discourage me, and that’s the last thing I need right now. Thanks.

I will advice one of you look for a different sponsor cos they will find out easily. If your dad has the funds for both if you, I will say let him send half to your mum or elder sibling to stand as your sponsor and the other half to be in his account where he will stand as the sponsor for your brother .

My 2kobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Please if you have successfully uploaded your medical through webform can you share the link?, and what Visa office should i choose that is processing my application. Nigeria and Kenya?

Pls Google "Canadian webform" it will take you there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
But Please why is Regina University slow with the application is it due to the Covid19
Please guru
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beckley40: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
timilehinemmanu:
Hello please I am Timilehin from Lagos State please I actually applied to university of Regina and I actually sent all my documents to them aui hot a mail telling me to explain why I got two year Gap from so I explained in the PDF and send to them so they said application will take proceed after 2 weeks the porter status online is still showing incompletel outstanding on only the letter I sent to them today please anyone why is Regina application so slow please anyone who also applied to Regina let connect please

U need to be patient they have massive numbers of email to respond to during this time I applied to University of regina also and my application is still under processing . Once ur application is complete u will get ur admission provided u are eligible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
Greatadams:
1.Book my biometric for 2nd of September my question do you pay for it when you get to the office and how much do you pay
2.also I have applied for my visa since March no update should I request For my GCMS note and how much those it cost and how is it done

If your application is online, you have paid for it wen you paid visa fee. If its paper, you have also paid for it wen u applied.

YES !please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
SKEPTA:

I have sent it a couple of times

Then chill.. U are covered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Admin9: 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Anon123:

If your application is online, you have paid for it wen you paid visa fee. If its paper, you have also paid for it wen u applied.

YES !please

Hello boss, I got this below mail today;

VFS Global

Dear XXXXXXX

Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200XXXXXXXX has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 8/25/2020 3:42:10 PM for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

PLEASE WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

luckymama justmellow frankrobbn1 anon123 skepta

NB: i applied for GCMS notes and i completed my biometrics today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Admin9:

Hello boss, I got this below mail today;

VFS Global

Dear XXXXXXX

Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200XXXXXXXX has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 8/25/2020 3:42:10 PM for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

NB: i applied for GCMS notes and i completed my biometrics today

Have you gotten AIP or medical request

That mail is confirmation your biometrics has been accepted and info sent to the office handling your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Admin9: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Anon123:

Have you gotten AIP or medical request

That mail is confirmation your biometrics has been accepted and info sent to the office handling your application

no. I have not gotten AIP or Medical Request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Admin9:

no. I have not gotten AIP or Medical Request.

That mail is confirmation your biometrics has been accepted and info sent to the office handling your application.. Just be patient and prayerful.. God pass them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Beckley40 post=9321677

Please @ beckely40 please your WhatsApp number so we can talk please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Beckley40 post=9315653
I think the calculation is being about your school fees and how you will live your life in Regina Please Kindly reply my email or please send your WhatsApp number so we can talk well I also choose Regina university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Beckley40 post=9315653
I think the calculation is being about your school fees and how you will live your life in Regina Please Kindly reply my email or please send your WhatsApp number so we can talk well I also choose Regina university for fall 2021 please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hey nairalanders
Please anyone can answer this

What if you applied since May, did your biometrics and upfront medicals and you haven't gotten any reply.. can you order for gcms or it only applies to those who haven't done their biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Beckley40 post=92683596]@ beckley40 all you just need is to just go to a Local govt to get a new birth certificate @ 1000 naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ysakaws1: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Anon123:

I will advice one of you look for a different sponsor cos they will find out easily. If your dad has the funds for both if you, I will say let him send half to your mum or elder sibling to stand as your sponsor and the other half to be in his account where he will stand as the sponsor for your brother .

My 2kobo
Please do you have an idea of how the VO will easily know? What if my brother uses my Dad’s international passport as identification for his sponsor, while I use my Dad’s national ID? That way, the identification documents cannot be traced to each other. I believe this can work, except if you know any other way a VO may use to identify that two sponsors are the same.

Like I previously said, my Dad is the only option for both of us. There is no other person he can send the money to. So we are just thinking of the best way to go about applying separately and using the same sponsor, without marring our applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
Admin9:
VFS Global

Dear XXXXXXX

Regards,

i applied for GCMS notes and i completed my biometrics today

Hello Admin9,

Its an acknowledgement message that you biometrics has been sent successfully to the IRCC office handling your application. I believe you gave biometrics recently. BTW there's nothing to worry about.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Greatadams:
1.Book my biometric for 2nd of September my question do you pay for it when you get to the office and how much do you pay
2.also I have applied for my visa since March no update should I request For my GCMS note and how much those it cost and how is it done

Hello Greatadams,

You don't need to pay any fees. All you need to do is go with your biometrics request letter and copies of your passport bio-data. Better yet, go some couple pages back to see the advise of those that gave theirs recently.

Its good you request for your notes. Based on my little research, the delay with March and/to May (especially) applications is also faced by applicants from France, Germany, Pakistan (1st stage refusals I have seen is about 6 now), US, India, Ghana, Nigeria etc.

Its better to request for the notes to know if an application has been refused or not rather that dying in suspense. This way, the next move would start brewing gradually.

N.B: The research is subjective to my own observation and may not be actual facts.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sanovsky007:
This is the link
Kenya, Nairobi Webform Link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Also send the e-medical sheet to the Nairobi CIC immigration e-mail address
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
the day I did my Medicals.

Use this letter format and attach the e-medical slip to send the e-mail to them

(its still the same content of this letter u gonna write in the body of your Webform)

SUBJECT: UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT (e-medical information sheet)  FOR MY APPLICATION

Respected Sir/Ma,

I hope this mail meets you well.

My name is "as written on ur passport" , I am contacting you with regards to an UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT I did today or any other day, Month day, 2020.

Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application.

My Application Number is xxxxxx, and my UCI number is xxxxxxx

Thanks

High Regards,
Ur full name as written on Ur passport

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
SKEPTA:
hello everyone,
I submitted- july 16
Did upfront medicals at qlife july 22nd and raised webform to submit emedical slip
I got aip july 30
then medical request july 31st
since then I have raised about 4 webforms snd sent 2 emails but none of them has be acknowledged.
I read on my medical request letter that I’m required to undergo medical examination within 30 days of the letter.

Right now I don’t know what to do..Please help

Hello SKEPTA,

You are over-reacting. Since you've already forwarded the e-medical slip, it will be updated. You've to calm down and relax your mind.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hi,

This is more like a form/generic response a program assistant or graduate coordinator would send. There is no need following up with this person. My suggestion is for you to search for other professors with similar research interests as you within the program or else where.

A positive feedback from prospective supervisor(s) will typically lead to requesting additional info/documents (good) from you or requesting a Skype/G-hangout/Zoom meeting (Great) to assess you further. This is like a job interview and you have about 5 minutes to sell yourself. If you make a good impression at this stage, you are almost sure this will lead to support of your application.

PhD recruitment process in that clime is a big deal, very competitive and you are typically seen as part of the department staff during your stay. Also, 90% of successful PhD applications will come with one form of funding or another (partial or full). Although it takes time and requires preparation but it is very possible and people get those green lights daily.

Thanks.

Hi, you are provided an excellent response to the case and you are right that PhD is very very competitive. However, I don’t think there is enough evidence to conclude that the response is generic assuming that the applicant requested for supervision.

I would clarify the response if I am the one, based on my personal experience and knowledge. I also have another mentee, seeking admission for Fall 2021, that got similar response and I advised him to clarify it. The prof responded and confirmed that the candidate can name him/her on the application.

The truth is some professors don’t usually have time to provide elaborate response to things like this. It is the least thing on to-do-list since they can recruit student locally or at conferences.

Also not all feedback require video interview and the rest. After applying, I did not get admission in schools with prof that interviewed me and reviewed my research proposal multiple times. I was offered admission at UofCalgary where no profs interviewed or reviewed my proposal. All I got was confirmation email responding to the original one I sent to them.

In conclusion, although there is a general supervisor search and graduate admission pattern, I would say every case is unique and each candidate must treat it as such.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks bro
librangyps:

Keep trying, must be network issues
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
Annettevoke:
MAY APPLICANTS PLS SHARE YOUR TIMELINE

Applied May 4th
Medical request July 22nd
Medical Passed August 5th
No update till now.

Pls has any may applicant gotten AIP yet?

Applied 30th May
Biometrics requested June 2nd
The agent assisting me with my application says there's been no update for me
I'll be going to give my biometrics on Thursday

Na God go help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Yes they requested for any student who get admission to u of R to actually pay 500 dollars to get acceptance letter so you can apply for the visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
Yes it is Bro I applied last year September nd my admission came out December 23rd if not for this fucking Pandemic I would have been in Canada by God Grace nd I have list 2 semester cause of it now my 3rd Semester is starting September 3rd I don't know if even I can start on line class but I have paid my Acceptance Fee
timilehinemmanu:
But Please why is Regina University slow with the application is it due to the Covid19
Please guru
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]PLS MY DEAR LOVE ONES I WANT TO ASK MY PASSPORT IS going TO expire BY APRIL 7 NEXT YEAR should I RENEW before GOING for my Biometric or I should summit the one with me pls I am just asking thanks ND God Bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
uthor=Osemigho post=93219225]

Please everyone can I use my place of work the company were I work as a my sponsor saying they I should go for a study leave of 4 years will I get the visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Londonboi7960 post=93221061]wow So how many course load do you wanna register for and are you registering for part-time or full-time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
I would have love to work for full time but man need to Hustle nd Work so I would prefare to go for part time [quote author=timilehinemmanu post=93222139][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.