Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159727 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks for this it was really helpful.

Lekiboboe:

This is the link
Kenya, Nairobi Webform Link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Also send the e-medical sheet to the Nairobi CIC immigration e-mail address
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
the day I did my Medicals.

Use this letter format and attach the e-medical slip to send the e-mail to them

(its still the same content of this letter u gonna write in the body of your Webform)

SUBJECT: UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT (e-medical information sheet)  FOR MY APPLICATION

Respected Sir/Ma,

I hope this mail meets you well.

My name is "as written on ur passport" , I am contacting you with regards to an UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT I did today or any other day, Month day, 2020.

Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application.

My Application Number is xxxxxx, and my UCI number is xxxxxxx

Thanks

High Regards,
Ur full name as written on Ur passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timilehinemmanu(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=that good And so how many course are u registering for Since u a part-time u should at least 3 in a semester or 2 it okay so your school fees will reduced and morever what type of job do u got in Regina area and do u stay in residence or outside campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks bro i really appreciate

Anon123:

Kenya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good evening fellow nairalanders, please I need answer to this question of mine
The company I work for is willing to sponsor my studies in Canada, they want me to study in Canada so that when I come back after studies I will receive my promotion, that's why they are sponsoring me.

Please what are the required documents to be presented.

Asking for a friend, please I need urgent answers all the gurus in the group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hey pls don't cos you would Be denied Because Companies don't do sponsor Y cause my good friend who we got admission together @UR he used is Father Company for sponsor nd he was denied so I advise use a Personal Account thanks ND God Bless
Please everyone can I use my place of work the company were I work as a my sponsor saying they I should go for a study leave of 4 years will I get the visa [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Has anyone been able to use Form A to make tuition payment via western union? So my school's only payment option for international funds transfer is via western union, when I tried to pay, CBN would not process the funds because they now have a policy that says they will not use the CBN rate to pay to third party accounts, I have an accompanying letter from the school that says Western union is processing on their behalf and the money will be remitted to them but my bank FBN contacted CBN and they just would not pay via western union.

Any ideas what other options I can explore? Has anyone else dealt with this issue? The school does not accept Naira mastercard because fraud I guess so can't use card either.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Glasses1: 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello house... Does anyone know of any college(s) in Canada that does not require IELTS for Grad certs applications? Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
If you are applying for graduate program, your supervisor can help out. My supervisor pushed for my details to be updated last week and I had my interview yesterday, waiting for my admission letter

quote author=timilehinemmanu post=93216737]But Please why is Regina University slow with the application is it due to the Covid19
Please guru [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dguyindcorner(m): 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
Conestogac Canadian students, graduates and prospects, I need your help concerning Conestogac refund

I will just go straight to the point.

So I requested for a refund of my initial deposit from Conestogac, their CIBC sent me a form to fill which I did. I was told the refund has been made to the banking details I provided since the 23rd of July. (The account I provided is not DOM). Since I haven't received the money in my account I requested for the telex copy of the transaction which was sent after many emails.

I went to my bank to make a complaint. After showing them the telex, they told me further review on the account showed they are not in possession of the fund at the moment that I should laise with the other party for further assistance.

I mailed the school back (both the finance department and Student and Fee coordinator) stating the refund is yet to be remitted in my account. No reply from the department but the coordinator said he cannot render further assistance as both Finance and CIBC have confirmed the money has been sent.

What could be the problem now?
Is it possible that the money has been sent but not yet received?
Or is it my bank lying or the school?

Clues and assistance would be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
Is this Conestoga college?

jpepper:
Has anyone been able to use Form A to make tuition payment via western union? So my school's only payment option for international funds transfer is via western union, when I tried to pay, CBN would not process the funds because they now have a policy that says they will not use the CBN rate to pay to third party accounts, I have an accompanying letter from the school that says Western union is processing on their behalf and the money will be remitted to them but my bank FBN contacted CBN and they just would not pay via western union.

Any ideas what other options I can explore? Has anyone else dealt with this issue? The school does not accept Naira mastercard because fraud I guess so can't use card either.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
Jayne07:

Exactly, I have to take the printout to the bank. First bank said no more third party payment meaning all the options given by Conestoga cannot be used. I contacted the school for their direct account number and they said it's not possible. The only option the bank gave me is to buy dollar through black market and send to flywire
I have tire

Hi, @jayne07 were you eventually able to resolve this? I have the same issue with UBC, my bank is FBN as well and they wont process the transaction. Would appreciate your input
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by femzyacess: 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
dguyindcorner:
Conestogac Canadian students, graduates and prospects, I need your help concerning Conestogac refund

I will just go straight to the point.

So I requested for a refund of my initial deposit from Conestogac, their CIBC sent me a form to fill which I did. I was told the refund has been made to the banking details I provided since the 23rd of July. (The account I provided is not DOM). Since I haven't received the money in my account I requested for the telex copy of the transaction which was sent after many emails.

I went to my bank to make a complaint. After showing them the telex, they told me further review on the account showed they are not in possession of the fund at the moment that I should laise with the other party for further assistance.

I mailed the school back (both the finance department and Student and Fee coordinator) stating the refund is yet to be remitted in my account. No reply from the department but the coordinator said he cannot render further assistance as both Finance and CIBC have confirmed the money has been sent.

What could be the problem now?
Is it possible that the money has been sent but not yet received?
Or is it my bank lying or the school?

Clues and assistance would be appreciated

Hi, You would have to exercise alot of patience... so this is it.. if you had transferred via a Dom account, it would have been a straight shot from your school..However i guess you transferred via Naira using Form A or card,... so this will be the flow:
1. Your school sends to your Bank's correspondence Bank (Say JP morgan in New York for example)
2. The correspondence bank (That's the representative Bank of your local bank abroad) wires the funds to your Bank's Escrow account.
3.Your local bank is required by law to move same funds to CBN for rate approval at the prevailing rate....
4. then the credit happens

If am not mistaken, the 3rd legs takes about 3 weeks or so to conclude... so please do not fret or hassle your bank officials.. You will get the money and yes the rate will be against u.... when you transferred, the rate was say 292......The rate to be applied will not favor you... so be ready for some Exchange rate loss......
The best way to safe guard such next time is by moving funds via dom so you receive FX to FX ( this is hard to achieve thou due to most schools regulation or partnership with funds transfer partners).. hope that helps...cheers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wifefo88: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hey guys
Please I want to ask the payment procedure for centennial college I want to know if I can pay online through Mastercard...for those that have paid their tuition deposit of $2650.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2020
Dear All,

Please i need some clarification. Can i use my mums bank statement issued showing period 1 Jan 2020 to 28 July 2020. She is my main Sponsor. My dads is retired and does not have much. Please can i use this statement to apply for study permit by September given the period covered. I think it is still current. Whats your thought?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akhenisi(m): 12:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Anon123:

I dont get wat u mean here..
Visa fee is 45k
Biometrics is 40k the last time I checked ... So you pay a total of 85k..

hello, please how do I book a biometric appointment... I've tried all avenues but to no avail... Am I to pay for the Biometric submission??!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akhenisi(m): 12:18am On Aug 26, 2020
Greatadams:
1.Book my biometric for 2nd of September my question do you pay for it when you get to the office and how much do you pay
2.also I have applied for my visa since March no update should I request For my GCMS note and how much those it cost and how is it done

Please how did you book your biometric appointment??!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dguyindcorner(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2020
femzyacess:

Hi, You would have to exercise alot of patience... so this is it.. if you had transferred via a Dom account, it would have been a straight shot from your school..However i guess you transferred via Naira using Form A or card,... so this will be the flow:
1. Your school sends to your Bank's correspondence Bank (Say JP morgan in New York for example)
2. The correspondence bank (That's the representative Bank of your local bank abroad) wires the funds to your Bank's Escrow account.
3.Your local bank is required by law to move same funds to CBN for rate approval at the prevailing rate....
4. then the credit happens

If am not mistaken, the 3rd legs takes about 3 weeks or so to conclude... so please do not fret or hassle your bank officials.. You will get the money and yes the rate will be against u.... when you transferred, the rate was say 292......The rate to be applied will not favor you... so be ready for some Exchange rate loss......
The best way to safe guard such next time is by moving funds via dom so you receive FX to FX ( this is hard to achieve thou due to most schools regulation or partnership with funds transfer partners).. hope that helps...cheers.

Wow!!! Some enlightenment here boss.
I should have used a dom account, that took less than a week to process the one that I witnessed. Someone helped me to transfer the school fee to them. I don't know if he used card or transfer.

In essence, are you're saying the bank will credit me when it's time without me going to them (Nigerian bank)?
If yes, how long do you think the whole process take? It's already over a month though (July 23).

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrkingz: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Greetings JustMellow,
i'm a newbie here and have been doing some extensive reading-up of your write ups & those of other gurus..! Man, you are helping out a big deal! Well done & pls keep it up.
i'd like to ask; for summer 2021, what time do you advice for me to put up a study permit application? Presently i'm working on my SOP/LOE & others. I sent you a mail request, by the way.
Thanks
JustMellow:

Hello Ucy12,

Three weeks is enough time to look out for the possibility of things to fall in place. However, I think you should carry your school along with any encounter you may experience. If you reason with them wisely, a sympathic extension may be granted. The early notice to them the better.

Given that most schools resumption will be commencing on 9th September or after, IRCC maybe working towards this timeframe to dole out their final decision. Though there may be exceptions given that Fall applicants have till September 15th to put in their applications. In my own observation, I think IRCC would process Fall 2021 applications from September through December along with Winter 2021 application. Reason being to the travel restriction in Canada and the 50% online studies outside Canada.

To your question on whether to relax or not, I believe your notes will be most appropriate to advise you. As usual, I believe SP applicants will still get the final decision without PCC. However, if its so required this time around, it will surely be requested.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 1:40am On Aug 26, 2020
Good morning All,

I trying to start up my study permit application online and making a decision whether to use an agent or do it myself. I am trying to put forward a very good application but being not too grounded with the application processes processes. What are your experiences for those who have gotten study permits and approvals, Did you use an agent? and if yes ? can you recommend an authorized one. Your thoughts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 1:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Akhenisi:
hello, please how do I book a biometric appointment... I've tried all avenues but to no avail... Am I to pay for the Biometric submission??!
If your application was online, you already paid for the biometrics with your visa fee.
August dates ain’t available anymore (atleast for Lagos) but I think September dates are still up.
Below is the website to book biometrics.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==
All the bestest, Sir/Ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 2:09am On Aug 26, 2020
olasubomy:
Good morning All,

I trying to start up my study permit application online and making a decision whether to use an agent or do it myself. I am trying to put forward a very good application but being not too grounded with the application processes processes. What are your experiences for those who have gotten study permits and approvals, Did you use an agent? and if yes ? can you recommend an authorized one. Your thoughts?
Many have done it by themself. You too can do it. All you just have to do is read this thread from beginning to end. You don't know the gold you have in hand.
Just keep sourcing for information by taking time to read as much as you can. If you can’t easily find something then you should ask questions here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 2:09am On Aug 26, 2020
joyenaholo11:
Is this Conestoga college?

No, UBC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 2:13am On Aug 26, 2020
mrkingz:
Greetings JustMellow,
i'm a newbie here and have been doing some extensive reading-up of your write ups & those of other gurus..! Man, you are helping out a big deal! Well done & pls keep it up.
i'd like to ask; for summer 2021, what time do you advice for me to put up a study permit application? Presently i'm working on my SOP/LOE & others. I sent you a mail request, by the way.
Thanks
As soon as you have your LOA from the institute. It’s never too early to submit an application if you have everything( all the requirements) handy.
All the bestest. Sir/Ma

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 2:20am On Aug 26, 2020
olasubomy:
Dear All,

Please i need some clarification. Can i use my mums bank statement issued showing period 1 Jan 2020 to 28 July 2020. She is my main Sponsor. My dads is retired and does not have much. Please can i use this statement to apply for study permit by September given the period covered. I think it is still current. Whats your thought?
A bank statement must reflect the submission month or most likely a month to the submission month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 2:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Glasses1:
Hello house... Does anyone know of any college(s) in Canada that does not require IELTS for Grad certs applications? Pls help
Cambrian College
Okanagan College
Seneca College, Toronto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 2:34am On Aug 26, 2020
Genevach:
Good evening fellow nairalanders, please I need answer to this question of mine
The company I work for is willing to sponsor my studies in Canada, they want me to study in Canada so that when I come back after studies I will receive my promotion, that's why they are sponsoring me.

Please what are the required documents to be presented.

Asking for a friend, please I need urgent answers all the gurus in the group
Visit the Link Below for
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 4:21am On Aug 26, 2020
Ysakaws1:
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Can two separate applications have the same sponsor? Will the VO find out? This is my situation. Precisely, my brother and I paid different agents for the entire processing (this was unplanned). We both now have different admissions and we are about to apply for our study permits. The only option for both of us is using our Dad as sponsor. I’m really worried if this won’t have any effect. They can only identify a sponsor by his name, and several people can bear the same name - so I personally feel there is no way the VO will find out that the sponsor is the same on two applications. I need to hear from others however. Sadly, even if it would have effect, there’s still no other option for sponsorship.

P.S - Please I need answers only if you are sure, because your answer may totally discourage me, and that’s the last thing I need right now. Thanks.

Disclaimer; I have not been in this shoe, I am only writing you generic idea.

So yes, they will find out. Infact, if you read this trend to far back, you will see a monicker who was refused, together with his/her siblings for using same sponsor at the same time.
How will they find out?
Bank statement
Supporting evidence for proof of ownership ( land doc, employment stuff, business registration and all)
ID card (regardless of changing, I believe the details don't change)
You and your sibling will provide the same list of siblings, mother, father and stuffs like that.
And finally, I am confident your dad's photo will show on at least one of the document you will submit.

I believe if your dad have the resources to actually sponsor you both, the solution is for one person to apply now and the other just chill for few months for the other.
At this moment, you are guys are being tested for patience!

Good luck with your decision!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by everyevery: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2020
Which educational program in Canada does not require possession of IELTS/ TOEF for admission, anyone with information please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2020
This is scary
This shows people can be denied without biometrics Godforbid it happens to any of us

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Admin9: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Tonyodg:
This is scary
This shows people can be denied without biometrics Godforbid it happens to any of us

this is bad. Chinekenna!

when did he apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Admin9:

this is bad. Chinekenna!

when did he apply?
I am still trying to find out chai
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2020
Admin9:

this is bad. Chinekenna!

when did he apply?
5th June

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.