Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,338 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159767 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oga, pls be calming down.. U can't use just one case to judge.. Moreover, most people are for Winter so i don't think they'll hastily give approvals to those ones when travel plans aren't clear yet

At least, u've seen ur notes and confirm that their concerns were in line with ur predictions.. Everyone concerned should order for the notes but while at it, stay hopeful. It's not over until it is

Nwannediutor:
Good evening guys,

I do not mean to discourage anyone here, but If your eligibility review has been ongoing for weeks and you are yet to receive any update from IRCC, chances are that you have been denied. So far IRCC has not been able to communicate a refusal to all those with pending biometrics ( as at the time of eligibility review).

I applied for study permit on the 17th of June. My eligibility review started on the 17th of July exactly on month later and has been like that up till this moment. However, I applied for my GCMS notes earlier this month and when the notes came in, I discovered that a decision (eligibility review FAILED) was MADE on my application on the 18th of July (a day after eligibility review started.)

BOTTOMLINE: IRCC have only been able to communicate those that scaled through the first stage of review (AIP). Unfortunatlely, those that failed are yet to be communicated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yesoooo smiley... u are welcome Honorable Toluchenko . Amen

Lool...na wa oo...this una list no dey finish ni shaar

It will end one day sha. By God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rufus0705: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
Graduate or undergraduate.

I believe those getting AIP are fall 2020 applicants.

Kamsiroyce:
Yes . But the school strongly advised that I defer till sept 2021 due to covid-19 uncertainties. I've since deferred to 2021 fall

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Manifoldlove: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
Appreciations for the helps here and for all the directions towards this cause.

Came in to US last December on F1,
Concluded application for SP for Canada on July 19th, did Biometrics here in the US on 29th, medical was waived.
Raised a note to inquire why delay in decision on 14th August, AIP dropped on 19th.

I am so trustful that everyone's desire shall come to pass, BE HOPEFUL, KEEP THE FAITH, AND SEEK CLARIFICATION when needed. No one is an island of knowledge. May it end in praise for us all.

I applied for this Fall resumption.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Manifoldlove:
Appreciations for the helps here and for all the directions towards this cause.

Came in to US last December on F1,
Concluded application for SP for Canada on July 19th, did Biometrics here in the US on 29th, medical was waived.
Raised a note to inquire why delay in decision on 14th August, AIP dropped on 19th.

I am so trustful that everyone's desire shall come to pass, BE HOPEFUL, KEEP THE FAITH, AND SEEK CLARIFICATION when needed. No one is an island of knowledge. May it end in praise for us all.

I applied for this Fall resumption.
Congratulations Sir/Ma’
Which school and program are you going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
skull4eva:
Has anyone going to mcgill university in quebec for fall program received AIP yet?

Going to Québec this fall, but Laval University rather. No AIP yet. Still waiting and believing God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hopefully there should be updates for fall applicants this coming week as classes are to commence in 10 days time or thereabout
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
holluville:
Hopefully there should be updates for fall applicants this coming week as classes are to commence in 10 days time or thereabout
I really hope so too, the wait is... but it will be worth it at the end certainly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
themonk:

Check the List below for:
Masters in Artificial Intelligence programs
MASc Artificial Intelligence
University of Guelph, Ontario

MSc Artificial Intelligence
University of Guelph, Ontario

MMAI, Master of Artificial Intelligence
York University, Ontario

Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence
Queen's University, Ontario

MMAI, Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence
York University, Ontario

Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MDSAI)
University of Waterloo, Ontario

Masters in Data Science programs
Visit the Link below
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Data+science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Software Related Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Software+Development&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Do refer to the link below for some helpful tips in your Masters Admission Application
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/276#93358696

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Patience is indubitably a virtue.....it's surprising a truck load of may/June even July applicants are so in a hurry for response from IRCC, please let's cool down and stay prayerful abeg it's the only antidote to how applications are being processed during this global pandemic.
I applied March 24 and never got an update until August 6th, I never for once complained here so abeg hopefuls take a chill pill and stay prayerful so holy spirit can do his work rather than yell all day and worry about what you have no power over.

As always it'll end in endless praises for us all in Jesus name. Amen!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
SKEPTA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
fratermathy:

Yes.

Please what was ur timeline? When did you apply and what course and program did you apply forr?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ucy12:

Going to Québec this fall, but Laval University rather. No AIP yet. Still waiting and believing God.
Believing God too. When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
skull4eva:

Believing God too. When did you apply?

July 8, and you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
holluville:

What do you think about those who applied first week in July (about 7 weeks now) and are resuming on Monday August 31st (online), yet no AIP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ucy12:

July 8, and you?
July 13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Emmyinks: 11:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hi everyone, pls I have a question and am so sorry, my story is long.
Gurus in the house, pls help me.

I applied for study permit July 29 and I was denied yesterday.
So an agent told me that it was because I have registered for a course in my school and that the school have contacted the embassy to confirm if I have received my visa but since I dont have it, I was denied.
The reason why I was told this is because I received a message from my school that goes thus:

Dear Students,

Greetings from UR International!

Our record indicates that you have registered for the Fall 2020 term and have not yet provided us with your immigration documents. Please submit a copy of your valid Passport, Visa (if you are from a visa required country)/Study Permit, Letter of Introduction (if applicable) or Approval-in-principle letter to the UR International Office via email at international.studentservices@uregina.ca .

In order to continue with your Fall 2020 term registration, it is important to submit the aforementioned documents by Friday Wednesday, September 16, 2020 via email.

UR International Student Services is always here to assist and support our students. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at international.studentservices@uregina.ca

If you have already submitted your documents to our office, please disregard this email.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
UR International Team!

I was also told that school doesn't request for any immigration documents until you register.
Now I'm confuse because I can't see any correlation.
My questions are:
Does any one who hasn't register for a course receive this type of email or its those that have register for a course that they usually send this type of email too??
Secondly, is it possible to be denied visa just because immigration officers found out that I have registered for a course when my Visa is not yet through?? Are they Woking together??
Thirdly, does been denied a visa means I have to apply again??
Pls is it still possible to get a slot for biometric earlier than 23rd sept?? Its had getting an earlier date.

Thank you so much for reading.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
This has nothing to do between school and the embassy.
I'm fact the chance of your refusal is very very slim due to your purpose of visit.
Maybe you didn't give a well composed SOP/LOE which is I think is the only reason.
I guess you also make payment for your school fee and d receipt in your application too.

If u can attend to the reason given and include it in your new application, your chance is 90%.

Goodluck next time

Emmyinks:

So an agent told me that it was because I have registered for a course in my school and that the school have contacted the embassy to confirm if I have received my visa but since I dont have it, I was denied.
The reason why I was told this is because I received a message from my school that goes thus:

Dear Students,

Our record indicates that you have registered for the Fall 2020 term and have not yet provided us with your immigration documents. Please submit a copy of your valid Passport, Visa (if you are from a visa required country)/Study Permit, Letter of Introduction (if applicable) or Approval-in-principle letter to the UR International Office via email at international.studentservices@uregina.ca .

In order to continue with your Fall 2020 term registration, it is important to submit the aforementioned documents by Friday Wednesday, September 16, 2020 via email.

UR International Student Services is always here to assist and support our students. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at international.studentservices@uregina.ca

If you have already submitted your documents to our office, please disregard this email.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
UR International Team!

I was also told that school doesn't request for any immigration documents until you register.
My questions are:
Does any one who hasn't register for a course receive this type of email or its those that have register for a course that they usually send this type of email too??
Secondly, is it possible to be denied visa just because immigration officers found out that I have registered for a course when my Visa is not yet through?? Are they Woking together??
Pls is it still possible to get a slot for biometric earlier than 23rd sept?? Its had getting an earlier date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Emmyinks:

Dear Students,

Thank you!

Kind regards,
UR International Team!

My questions are:

Wait you was denied and you haven’t done biometrics ?? If you have done biometrics already it’s valid for 10 years you don’t need to pay for or do another biometrics

Also you agent is lying your denial has nothing to do with your course registration at all

Thirdly I am really sorry for your denial you was denied on purpose of visit with a good standard SOP and LOE I’m sure by Gods grace you would get your visa on your next trial ..
I ask again have you done your biometrics before ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chloe3,

The photocopy won't be a problem. The more reason you should briefly address it in your letter. Since your name bears therein as the second highest shareholder, it goes a long way. Only make sensitive facts if you have tangible evidence. If you intend to demonstrate any inherited property, at least show proof.

All the best
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Emmyinks: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
No I haven't. I discover today that the available date is 23rdsept and its just too far.

Tonyodg:
Wait you was denied and you haven’t done biometrics ?? If you have done biometrics already it’s valid for 10 years you don’t need to pay for or do another biometrics

Also you agent is lying your denial has nothing to do with your course registration at all

Thirdly I am really sorry for your denial you was denied on purpose of visit with a good standard SOP and LOE I’m sure by Gods grace you would get your visa on your next trial ..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmyinks:
No I haven't. I discover today that the available date is 23rdsept and its just too far.

You haven’t done biometrics and you got a reply from IRCC.... Austacus come and see something o

You have two options o
Book the Lagos date cause it’s going to keep going till it enters October
Or
Go to Abuja if you actually can they have earlier dates
Cause that 23rd in Lagos can be 25th by tomorrow o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Emmyinks: 12:06am On Aug 30, 2020
Yesi have made part payment and my documents are complete. How do I know if the problem is from SOP??
The only letter sent to me is what I have screenshot.

Spotlights:
This has nothing to do between school and the embassy.
I'm fact the chance of your refusal is very very slim due to your purpose of visit.
Maybe you didn't give a well composed SOP/LOE which is I think is the only reason.
I guess you also make payment for your school fee and d receipt in your application too.

If u can attend to the reason given and include it in your new application, your chance is 90%.

Goodluck next time

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmyinks:
Yesi have made part payment and my documents are complete. How do I know if the problem is from SOP??

your study plan and future plans that’s why it’s the SOP ( purpose of visit )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 12:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Actually there is no recommended order from IRCC for documents arrangement (client info, POF).

But advisably to make it easier for a VISA OFFICER to go thru your documents (as regards Client Information & POF), follow the link below for:
Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91024057

This is a Sample here (A SUBMITTED APPLICATION)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/202#92527802

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Emmyinks:
Try to order your gcms notes too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 12:33am On Aug 30, 2020
Tonyodg:

How long is medical valid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 30, 2020
chloe3:

How long is medical valid?
12 months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:01am On Aug 30, 2020
LordAA:

Thank you for your response.
u are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 4:44am On Aug 30, 2020
Good morning my egbons and gurus and thanks to everyone for your contribution on this forum, i have gained alot.

Thanks also to those who encouraged me to apply for my study permit myself and not use agents, i have started oo and please expect plenty questions from me. smiley smiley smiley

Please i have the following questions thus;

1, Can i submit a copy of my salary account bank statement to support my application even though i don't have much funds in the account( very little amount in there), the essence of submission is just to show further proof i am in paid employment in receiving salary and for them to see the consistent inflow of salary payment ( My parents are sponsoring my tuition and fees). Will presenting the bank statement hurt my application. I also plan to present payslips for the last 6 months, my tax clearance certificate and print out of my pension statement. Your thoughts please?

2, Can i use my parents land documents agreement and Governors consent on the agreement ( like C of O) to support submission of my mum bank statement for proof of funds.

3, While filling the form IMM1294 ( Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada) The instructions says " to give details of our employment for the past 10 years" There was only section to fill three employments Is there any need to fill another IMM1294 as additional documents to fill the remaining two places i worked and if yes, how do i go about it considering my only + addition is the employment part?

4. I have to open up to you guys, i am looking for scholarship opportunity, at least something that can support as a rebate on my tuition expense in canada so i dont put much pressure on my parents I mailed my school and they replied saying " Unfortunately, there are currently no schorlarships available"

My gurus and egbons in the house, I will await your answers to my four enquiries above.

Have a blessed day ahead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Oga, pls be calming down.. U can't use just one case to judge.. Moreover, most people are for Winter so i don't think they'll hastily give approvals to those ones when travel plans aren't clear yet

At least, u've seen ur notes and confirm that their concerns were in line with ur predictions.. Everyone concerned should order for the notes but while at it, stay hopeful. It's not over until it is

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.