Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159749 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 6:44am On Aug 29, 2020
Hello everyone.
Seems Canadian government wants to force students to study online as they just extend their border closure till 30th September.
Who knows till when.

MY FEAR IS NOT TO REFUSE THOSE WITH AIP AND MEDICAL PASSED, BIOMETRIC DONE VISA IF ADMISSION DEFERRED TO JANUARY 2021��.
NOT EASY TO STUDY ONLINE with so many reasons attached.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=lonics post=93340261][/quote]

Read and understand, don't argue for the sake of argument.

What you wrote and what she's insinuating are the same.
Success stories are being communicated more than rejections!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 29, 2020
Mobi22:

So they don deny me... ewoooo
Although I've done my biometrics since last year cause I reapplied.. I don enter coma
Be optimistic boss. People are still receiving AIPs and medicals
You saw someone received medical yesterday
All he is saying is just his speculation ( everyone has different opinions on what’s going on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zill001: 7:48am On Aug 29, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Good evening guys,

I do not mean to discourage anyone here, but If your eligibility review has been ongoing for weeks and you are yet to receive any update from IRCC, chances are that you have been denied. So far IRCC has not been able to communicate a refusal to all those with pending biometrics ( as at the time of eligibility review).

I applied for study permit on the 17th of June. My eligibility review started on the 17th of July exactly on month later and has been like that up till this moment. However, I applied for my GCMS notes earlier this month and when the notes came in, I discovered that a decision (eligibility review FAILED) was MADE on my application on the 18th of July (a day after eligibility review started.)

BOTTOMLINE: IRCC have only been able to communicate those that scaled through the first stage of review (AIP). Unfortunatlely, those that failed are yet to be communicated.

Someone in the sowp thread got passport request in August after applying since January 27. While waiting for your GCMS notes keep the hope alive

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2020
Please where is this sowp thread you speak of?

Can you send a link

zill001:

Someone in the sowp thread got passport request in August after applying since January 27. While waiting for your GCMS notes keep the hope alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lonics: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2020
librangyps:

Read and understand, don't argue for the sake of argument.

What you wrote and what she's insinuating are the same.
Success stories are being communicated more than rejections!

Please take it easy,nobody is arguing here. Try read between lines.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2020
Some Indian folks can't help it but troll IRCC cheesy

Hopefully all will be well soon for all applicants

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2020
everyevery:
Which educational program in Canada does not require possession of IELTS/ TOEF for admission, anyone with information please help.
U are good to go if its either PG.D/PG.Cert, Masters & PH.D u wanna apply for.

English is the official language of Nigeria, so Nigerians are exempted from IELTS/TOEFL test.
But if u have the opportunity, get this letter
from the school u graduated from LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, get it and add it to the documents u gonna be submitting for your Admission Application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
Olashore09:
I have submitted with POF of 8M. Account turn over was 79+M and i submitted online copy also through my bank.
God bless and help me now.

May the lord go with you bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Annettevoke:
@Justmellow, What do u think of this situation is it still a good sign to get medical request like it use to be? because i got medical request too since July 22nd and medical passed August 5th, but no AIP yet. Patiently waiting and have requested for GCMS note anyways.

Hello Annettevoke,

If you have gotten a medical request then you must have passed eligibility reviewed. The AIP will drop. Do share any update in your note.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lanrelala:
Thank you so much. I applied January 2020, denied February, Got GCMS April.
The reasons for denial on the GCMS was employment situation, family ties, finance and travel history.

As at my first application, I was unemployed and used my startup as occupation. Got a job February and been working.

Family ties: I'm now attaching all birth certificates of my family and photos, including story of my mum being a widow and dependent on me.

Finance: payed first semester tuition of $6000 and attached receipt, payslips for 3 months, personal acct with closing balance of 1.4m and sponsor's (my brother) account of $25,000

Travel history: none, explained why in my LOE

Hello Lanrelala,

Address the concerns and reapply. However, try also to work on your funds especially if the program is 2yrs. You should also demonstrate that the source is sufficient and reliable.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kayice001:
good evening house and also to the seniors in the house, i submitted my application August 6 and i've also done my biometrics which have been updated on my profile , i was going through my documents again when i realized i left the space for "UCI" blank, i didn't know what it was and it totally escaped me . is it necessary that i take a webform to address it or could this have any effect on my application , besides that everything looks ok , i appreciate any assistance in advance

Hello Kayice001,

Don't worry about the blank UCI space. It will be automatocally be imputted whether for a first application or second. If the application number is being issued to an application, the UCI number will be inserted for first time applicants whilst for a reapplicant, the previous number will be retained and imputted when issuing a new application number. There is no need raising a webform and it won't create any necessary harm.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes...ooo

Affidavit of Support and Letter Of Sponsorship..

Lool...Wow...affidavit of support? Really?

Thanks bro for ur time and effort...God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please is there any recommended order for arranging documents in POF and client information sections?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
chloe3:

It is my dad's name that is on the documents. I only inherited it from him. It's only the company board resolution that have my name as the second highest share holder of the company and the problem is it is a photo copy, i was unable to find the original copy of it except the landed documents and CAC certificate

Hello Chloe3,

The photocopy won't be a problem. The more reason you should briefly address it in your letter. Since your name bears therein as the second highest shareholder, it goes a long way. Only make sensitive facts if you have tangible evidence. If you intend to demonstrate any inherited property, at least show proof.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Annettevoke:
How many do u know cos i have not seen any on this group?

I haven't seen very much either. May applicants are behind March (paper route) applicants in the tarry processing and current visa kerfuffle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Good evening guys,

I do not mean to discourage anyone here, but If your eligibility review has been ongoing for weeks and you are yet to receive any update from IRCC, chances are that you have been denied. So far IRCC has not been able to communicate a refusal to all those with pending biometrics ( as at the time of eligibility review).

I applied for study permit on the 17th of June. My eligibility review started on the 17th of July exactly on month later and has been like that up till this moment. However, I applied for my GCMS notes earlier this month and when the notes came in, I discovered that a decision (eligibility review FAILED) was MADE on my application on the 18th of July (a day after eligibility review started.)

BOTTOMLINE: IRCC have only been able to communicate those that scaled through the first stage of review (AIP). Unfortunatlely, those that failed are yet to be communicated.

Hello Nwannediutor,

Sorry on the outcome of your application. This theory of yours isn't far-fetched from the actual reality. Though there is no cause for alarm as it may turn out well for some applications that hasn't got any update.

Godspeed bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Annettevoke:
@justmellow and @Frank, has somone that got medical request passed eligibilty review?

Yes, of course. Medicals won't be requested if eligibility was failed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Greatadams: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
Just out curiosity is anybody here or know of any person applying for undergraduate program been given AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Has anyone going to mcgill university in quebec for fall program received AIP yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
LordAA:
Good day everyone.

Please is there any recommended order for arranging documents in POF and client information sections?

Thank you.
Actually there is no recommended order from IRCC for documents arrangement (client info, POF).

But advisably to make it easier for a VISA OFFICER to go thru your documents (as regards Client Information & POF), follow the link below for:
Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91024057

This is a Sample here (A SUBMITTED APPLICATION)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/202#92527802

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Toluchenko:

Lool...Wow...affidavit of support? Really?

Thanks bro for ur time and effort...God bless
Yesoooo smiley... u are welcome Honorable Toluchenko . Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adetunji001(m): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
Goodday y'all.

Please, is there any one going to Usask for fall 2020 session who has gotten AIP or a medical request or any update on his/ her application?

Please kindly signify. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Yes . But the school strongly advised that I defer till sept 2021 due to covid-19 uncertainties. I've since deferred to 2021 fall
Adetunji001:
Goodday y'all.

Please, is there any one going to Usask for fall 2020 session who has gotten AIP or a medical request or any update on his/ her application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
SASK fall 2020.
got medical request
waiting AIP

Adetunji001:
Goodday y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adetunji001(m): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kamsiroyce:
Yes . But the school strongly advised that I defer till sept 2021 due to covid-19 uncertainties. I've since deferred to 2021 fall

Congratulations. Thats far mehn. I haven't gotten any update from IRCC so far.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adetunji001(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Annettevoke:
SASK fall 2020.
got medical request
waiting AIP

Congratulations ma'am. I would keep the hope alive on my own application. We will all meet in Usask.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MERCHANDISER: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are good to go if its either PG.D/PG.Cert, Masters & PH.D u wanna apply for.

English is the official language of Nigeria, so Nigerians are exempted from IELTS/TOEFL test.
But if u have the opportunity, get this letter
from the school u graduated from LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, get it and add it to the documents u gonna be submitting for your Admission Application
Which country can I apply for my master's program in Animal science/husbandry or Agri-related course.
CGPA 3.58
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by RKO1702: 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Thank you so much �. Thanks everyone for responding, I appreciate.

JustMellow:

Hello RKO1702,

As a minor, it is required that there is an authorized custodian in Canada while he study. As his biological sibling in Canada, this could drag towards a positive and a negative. A positive in the sense that standing as a custodian further strengthens his financial status whilst being negative in the focal view of his home ties. However, for minors, the former can always outweigh the latter through linking him to his(your) dad's landed properties and/or private investments.

I am trying to say that if you're going to be his custodian in Canada which is only right since you're a PR and with his DLI in same province, it makes proper sense to also act as his cosponsor. In this case your Letter of Cosponsorship should be accompanied with an IMM 5646e form. I want to believe you already know the other required supporting documents.

It will only do more good than harm to his application if a succinct SOP is included. This should focus mostly on his study intent and aspiration thereafter. Whether a minor or not, everybody have serious ambition, intent, aspiration. For example, minors up to 10 may aspire to be grown-ups quickly so they could afford that junks and tasty chocolates.

The use of an agent is a choice decision especially if you come in contact with the one most reliable. However, the application process is a straightforward step that can be done without needing to involve a third party. The decision lies on your shoulders.

The main focus for him as a minor should be on funds and home ties. In support to the already mentioned, family is another one.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Luckymama:

Just wanted to point out a caveat on the use of the company account. My sponsor also used a company account but I had to add a letter from the bank identifying him as the sole signatory to the company account. Without this additional verification from the bank showing that your uncle controls the company funds it’s likely to be a rejection.

To show kinship with your uncle you can also add his birth certificate and your mum’s birth certificate to show they share the same parents as well as your mum’s wedding certificate to show her former surname before she married your dad
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Which country can I apply for my master's program in Animal science/husbandry or Agri-related course.
CGPA 3.58
smiley This is a Canada Student Visa Platform cheesy

Visit the links below for
Masters in Animal Science & Animal Science related Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Animal+&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH
&
MASTERS in Agriculture & Agri-Related Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Agriculture&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Visit the link below for Vital Informations that can walk you thru a successful Masters Admission Application in Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Note :The intakes for most Masters Programs in Canada is SEPTEMBER (FALL), so you should be looking forward to SEPTEMBER 2021 Fall Intake, but you can start working on getting the list of Potential Supervisors from the schools listed in the link above , and follow the procedures in the last link

If u are not clear of anything as regards ur admission application, ask questions & experienced Masters /PH.D students in CANADA (based in their experience) will respond

All da best HONORABLE!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by themonk(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.