Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156329 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 5:21pm On May 10, 2020
Hello All,

Please I am trying to navigate myself around this whole admissions thing but noticed each college I go to, I see the following credential options which confuses me:

Advanced Diplomas (3 year program)

Certificate Programs (8 weeks - 1 year)

Degrees (4 year program)

Diplomas (2 year program)

Graduate Certificates (1 & 2 year programs)

Ontario College Certificates (10 weeks - 1 year)

What option should I be selecting for a PGD programme? So I selected the last 3 but was surprised to see some courses wth the admission requirements being:

Admission Requirements
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with mature student status (See Mature Student definition for details.)
Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1270)
Grade 11 Mathematics, C, M (U/C), or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics (MATH1375)
For more information on preparatory programs, visit Academic Upgrading

If this is a PGD, why is the requirement being Secondary School? Unless it is a University degree I am looking at thinking it is a PGD.

Can some one please advise so I can be properly guided before I run to agent to help me do what I should be able to do myself.

I had a 2.2 law degree, 9 years legal experience but the past 3 years I have been an enterpreneur so looking to apply for a business related PGD course.

Kindly help a sister out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TaniSure: 5:45pm On May 10, 2020
Hello everyone, I have followed this thread closely, reading through all the advices frm the gurus here. It paid me well, I got a fully funded admission at UBC.
I am currently of my study permit application, I had my upfront medical examination last week,and I intend to submit my application this week, please if anyone here can be kind enough to help vet my Study plan, kindly indicate. I will sincerely appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TaniSure: 6:00pm On May 10, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding bringing my spouse over.
Somehow, we had to postpone our marriage to July, but I will be submitting my Visa application this week.
The thing is,
Since we aren't married yet, Will it be a okay if I submit my application this week "single" and then present a marriage certificate next year when we apply for her work permit?
my partner is still in school, she will be rounding up next year, and our plan is for her to come join me next year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 6:01pm On May 10, 2020
Also is it true that its hard to get admissions from 35ages upwards? I am 35 this month. I have read a few cases on here where 40yr olds were successful so I knda always thought its from 40yrs old it would get tricky

Eilenora:
Hello All,

Please I am trying to navigate myself around this whole admissions thing but noticed each college I go to, I see the following credential options which confuses me:

Degrees (4 year program)

What option should I be selecting for a PGD programme? So I selected the last 3 but was surprised to see some courses wth the admission requirements being:

Admission Requirements
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with mature student status (See Mature Student definition for details.)
Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1270)
Grade 11 Mathematics, C, M (U/C), or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics (MATH1375)

If this is a PGD, why is the requirement being Secondary School? Unless it is a University degree I am looking at thinking it is a PGD.

Can some one please advise so I can be properly guided before I run to agent to help me do what I should be able to do myself.

I had a 2.2 law degree, 9 years legal experience but the past 3 years I have been an enterpreneur so looking to apply for a business related PGD course.

Kindly help a sister out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:01pm On May 10, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Degrees (4 year program)

Admission Requirements

Kindly help a sister out

PGC - Post Grad. Certificate - One Year
PGD - Post Grad.Diploma - 2 years

U can Visit the Cambrian College, Ontario link below

https://cambriancollege.ca/pathways/graduate-certificate-opportunities/

and check out the following Business related Post Grad. Certificate Courses..

Business Analytics
Human Resources Management
International Business Management
IT Business Analysis
Organization Management
Project Management
Public Relations
Supply Chain Management
Community Services

U might possibly see the Admission Requirement of PGC/PGD Courses of Colleges in ONTARIO in this format

Applicants must be graduates of a diploma, advanced diploma, or degree from an Ontario College or equivalent (University / Polytechnic). Applicants working in related industries without a diploma or degree may be considered on an individual basis

U can also visit the link below and check out Business Related PGC courses in the ONTARIO PROVINCE

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=business&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

Finally, Find attached the PDF file showing all Programs offered in Colleges in all the CANADIAN PROVINCE, u would also see business related PGC/PGD course offered by Colleges in other PROVINCE in CANADA

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jamaticulus(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
Kabz:
Hello my people, I need your opinion please. So I got a conditionally accepted for PhD, the requirement yet to be met is copies official copy Bsc university transcripts and certificate from my university. Problem is Uni is on lockdown and there is no sign of reopening as a result of the Covid-19 wahala. I have talked with the University in Canada and they’ve asked I can send electronic copy but still my Naija Uni say e nor possible.

I also applied to a different university and I had submitted all official documents there and haven’t gotten any decision at this moment.

My Question: Is it possible to cancel my application at this university I have not gotten any response and ask them to send these official documents I have sent to the other Uni where I have admission.

I’m also open to any other suggestions that could help.

Thanks

Not possible to ask a school to transfer your transcripts to another. The transcript must be sent directly from your home university. It's just a pity that some of our Nigerian Universities still love their archaic style and refuse to go digital. The only thing is to write a mail to the Grad. coordinator and explain your COVID situation. Tell them to extend the deadline to submit these documents. They are flexible and can always make concessions. May I ask, what program and university are you heading to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:55pm On May 10, 2020
kaylov12:
@geosolomac
Can you please help me with a sample of ielts exemption letter issued from University?
U will need to write to ur sch. Registrar requesting for a Letter of Confirmation of Proficiency in English Language...

U will attach a photocopy of ur Certificate and submit it together with the letter to ur skool registrar., then ur skool will issue u the Letter, stating ur medium of instruction from ur first year to final year is English language...

That's the common procedures in getting such letter in most skools in Nigeria...

Find attached a Sample Letter of Request for Confirmation in English Language (should be written to ur skool)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2020
Thevenine:
Hello,

I just got an offer of admission from MITT, fall (September) intake.
I'm about to begin processing my study permit. I have a few questions:

1) Do I need more than one sponsor?

2) Does my sponsor have to be a family member?

3) Does anyone have info about the Nigerian student express path?

4) I'm currently unemployed although i have previous work experience. Do I need letter of recommendation from my previous job?

5) What's the fastest route for applying for the study permit?

Thanks a lot

Lekiboboe any help with this please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gettingbeta(m): 8:40pm On May 10, 2020
Hello everyone, I have followed this thread closely, reading through all the advices from the gurus here. God bless you all for what you do, I have made some good friends offline who have been helpful in one way or the other, learning a lot from what I read here also, its been a learning process all along. You are all doing an amazing job. Thank you all.

I intend submitting my application this week, kindly see my documents below: Gained admission for an MBA at UCW Vancouver, BC for July intake{MBA foundation}, main program starts in September 2020.

Client Info : Birth Cert, Family Passports and Marriage Certificate {Married with 2 children}, Family photos, Education Plan Insurance for my 2 children, School certificates{graduated in 2008 - Business Admin & Magt}, Resume & Professional Certs, Tax card, Employment and promotion letters {been working for 12 years}, Relocation letter, Wifey's Letter of introduction from work, Family birth certs, Police character Cert, S.O.P, Life Insurance Plan, etc.

POF : My 6 months Payslip and Statement of accounts {using the authorization ticket from GTB}, Pension statement till date, House Insurance Certificate worth#21.8m with rental incomes, 2 Landed properties with documentation and cost evaluation, School's scholarship letter and grants, Employer letter of introduction stating my study leave approval, Cooperative account statement of #6.5m, My business C.O.I, Mutual Fund investment letter of #8m plus, Payment receipts of CAD16k {school first year is CAD21k}. Wifey statement of account, etc.

Other study documents have been duly filled and uploaded already online.

This is my first time applying, I don't intend going with my family as wifey has to take care of business while I am away. I work and do business by the side too. I am 35 years old.

Please honorable gurus, kindly scan and skim through if I omitted an important document as I intend submitting this week.

Please help as I am at your plea.

God bless you all.

@frankrobbin, justwise, just mellow, lekiboboe, etc...

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 9:33pm On May 10, 2020
TaniSure:
Hello everyone, I have followed this thread closely, reading through all the advices frm the gurus here. It paid me well, I got a fully funded admission at UBC.
I am currently of my study permit application, I had my upfront medical examination last week,and I intend to submit my application this week, please if anyone here can be kind enough to help vet my Study plan, kindly indicate. I will sincerely appreciate!

Hi Tanisure,

Is the upfront medical examination still ongoing? I thought Qlife stopped it a while back and only attend to people referred to them by IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 10:04pm On May 10, 2020
Hello everyone

Please I'm on the verge of submitting my application for study permit. I'll like to verify if some of my sponsor's details (her passport, travel history and company certificate of incorporation) should be attached with her bank statement and uploaded on the window for financial statement or it should be attached to my sop and uploaded on the window for client information?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Evergeen22: 11:50pm On May 10, 2020
Good Evening everyone
I’m a Nigerian with 2.2 from a federal university who’s currently in China studying Chinese language and photography. But I’d love to goto Canada for Msc in logistics or business management. So I have some questions please
1 is it better I apply from China and have my interview here in China ?

2 or is it better i apply from Nigeria ?

Thanks in Advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Slayyy001: 1:18am On May 11, 2020
Cflow10:

Nah your transcript will do both.
Hello family , pls anyone who is waiting or has a link to obtain unilag transcript. I have to get my transcript sent to my post graduate college in BC on or before May 31st 2020.
Pls a referral wouldn’t be bad �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 1:23am On May 11, 2020
Is the school not accepting unofficial copies?

Slayyy001:

Hello family , pls anyone who is waiting or has a link to obtain unilag transcript. I have to get my transcript sent to my post graduate college in BC on or before May 31st 2020.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:04am On May 11, 2020
Faith243:

Please i received BVL on the 24th of April without medicals and up till date i haven't received any update yet. Please is there anyone one with similar situation?

Lots of us are in that situation. Mine was 29th of April Another person if I recall was 19th. We are all waiting
Anxiously.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:15am On May 11, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Degrees (4 year program)

Admission Requirements

Kindly help a sister out

You need to look specifically for a post graduate certificate or a post graduate diploma course. I think most diplomas offered by colleges are actually for students straight out of high school hence the requirement for secondary school grades. When you find a post graduate diploma the requirement will be different I.e bachelor degree and transcript

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:19am On May 11, 2020
Eilenora:
Also is it true that its hard to get admissions from 35ages upwards? I am 35 this month. I have read a few cases on here where 40yr olds were successful so I knda always thought its from 40yrs old it would get tricky

I know a 42 year old who just got admission. Funny enough her masters admission was in a completely different field from her First degree but it was in line with her work experience. Just package yourself well in your statement of purpose making sure to highlight all your relevant work experience and achieved e.g awards, published work etc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yang2020: 3:45am On May 11, 2020
Good morning Pals, please I would like to make some enquiries from someone who has secured MSc Admission with funding in Engineering field. Be it partial or full Funding. Please kindly send me pm or drop your Email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:45am On May 11, 2020
Thevenine:
Hello,

I just got an offer of admission from MITT, fall (September) intake.
I'm about to begin processing my study permit. I have a few questions:

1) Do I need more than one sponsor?

2) Does my sponsor have to be a family member?

3) Does anyone have info about the Nigerian student express path?

4) I'm currently unemployed although i have previous work experience. Do I need letter of recommendation from my previous job?

5) What's the fastest route for applying for the study permit?

Thanks a lot
Note: This response are based on my own opinion, u might need to source for more clarification..

1) Not compulsory, If u have 1 sponsor, and he or she is capable of Sponsoring u with Sufficient Funds......, then go ahead, but u can as well use two sponsor ..

2) Advisably, a Family is the best to use as a Sponsor, most esp. Ur parents (Dad or Mum)

3) According to information, it has not bin officially implemented. if u check CIC , it has not bin integrated there ...

4).......From my own perspective......If ur Previous Job correlates or align with the program u are going for, they can give u a recommendation letter.(Most esp. If u are av a cordial relationship with dem).. E.g..Jz like when an Organization (PPA) is sending off a Corp Member (NYSC)..,dey do issue recommendation letter......

5) There is no faster route ... It all deals with Patience and Crafting ur application well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TaniSure: 3:54am On May 11, 2020
They resumed upfront last week. I did it in abuja
owee:

Hi Tanisure,

Is the upfront medical examination still ongoing? I thought Qlife stopped it a while back and only attend to people referred to them by IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 4:53am On May 11, 2020
Thanks so much for your kind responses to my inquiries.

So I have a Skype appointment with a Fanshawe rep this morning, I am not sure I understand why I need to have this just to get admissions but from what I have read so far, I see that one has to go through an agent to process admission into their school. Is there anything I have to do to prepare for the appointment? Is it like an interview or what? Anyone with previous experience particularly those currently in Fanshawe, kindly advise on the process. I have also read that one has to pay for these appointments. At what point does this happen? The appointment is 10am this morning so it is pretty urgent biko, e joooo. Kindly assist [color=#990000][/color] kiss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyinlove15: 5:15am On May 11, 2020
Okay thanks. Please how long did it take to get a response from them concerning your admission
GucciOluwa:

Masters in Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Yes, the official transcript was sent from my school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 5:40am On May 11, 2020
I am in the same shoes o

Slayyy001:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:01am On May 11, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Degrees (4 year program)

Admission Requirements

Kindly help a sister out

Document Requirements for Admission to a PGD/PGC program (Most especially colleges in ONTARIO)

*Proof of Citizenship*
- Birth Certificate
- International passport Data Page (Valid one and has not expired, )

*Academic Documents*
-Certificate
- Transcript (mostly Student copy, not official copy from the school)
Note: Some school ask for Notarized Documents, some don't ask

*Supporting Documents*
Recommendation letter ( from ur boss or ur lecturer/HOD )
Letter of Confirmation of English Language proficiency from the school u graduated from I.e English Language Profiency Test Waiver letter (optional)
Cover Letter (optional)
Professional Certifications (If any)

Resume/CV
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kabz: 7:43am On May 11, 2020
Jamaticulus:

Not possible to ask a school to transfer your transcripts to another. The transcript must be sent directly from your home university. It's just a pity that some of our Nigerian Universities still love their archaic style and refuse to go digital. The only thing is to write a mail to the Grad. coordinator and explain your COVID situation. Tell them to extend the deadline to submit these documents. They are flexible and can always make concessions. May I ask, what program and university are you heading to?
Thanks for response.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by legit90: 8:36am On May 11, 2020
Good morning house...

Please has anyone one here gotten transcripts from Uniben, especially during this lockdown?
Please if there is any one or any link of getting it this period should please help o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Slayyy001: 10:00am On May 11, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Is the school not accepting unofficial copies?

Unilag does not issue unofficial transcript o ! Other schools are giving their students transcripts or sending it to the schools abroad once they pay online . However , unilag is just different and they are not processing application for transcripts yet!
Pls anyone who knows anyone who can help. Biko ! I can message you privately . Deadline May 31st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:19am On May 11, 2020
Please keep me posted if u get any headway cos I am in the same shoes with Unilag. i had commenced the process before the Covid thing started and now you cant even track it online or send emails to follow up cos Unilag is practically on shut down mode. I already have admission from a schl in the UK but the admission is conditional on transcript. if I dont submit before 31st I lose a chance of getting a 1000pounds early bird discount off my tuition. I prefer to school in Canada though hence looking into Canadian schools as well; and I know this issue of transcript will resurface hence the urgency. Will they collect a credential evaluation in the stead of a transcript though cos I have that both from WES and IQAS

Slayyy001:

Unilag does not issue unofficial transcript o ! Other schools are giving their students transcripts or sending it to the schools abroad once they pay online . However , unilag is just different and they are not processing application for transcripts yet!
Pls anyone who knows anyone who can help. Biko ! I can message you privately . Deadline May 31st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:19am On May 11, 2020
Chimzy4real:
I have applied to mun with a 3.59, does it mean i don't stand a chance. I am feeling feverish right now seeing this

Don't be frightened, your CGPA of 3.59 which is 2.1 is acceptable for a masters program in Canada.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:20am On May 11, 2020
Fanshawe people where are you ooooo?

Please help a sister out

Eilenora:
Thanks so much for your kind responses to my inquiries.

So I have a Skype appointment with a Fanshawe rep this morning, I am not sure I understand why I need to have this just to get admissions but from what I have read so far, I see that one has to go through an agent to process admission into their school. Is there anything I have to do to prepare for the appointment? Is it like an interview or what? Anyone with previous experience particularly those currently in Fanshawe, kindly advise on the process. I have also read that one has to pay for these appointments. At what point does this happen? The appointment is this morning so it is pretty urgent biko, e joooo. Kindly assist [color=#990000][/color] kiss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:22am On May 11, 2020
Qudkom:

Your CGPA is a quit low to be considering msc program in Canada. The msc programs are very competitive so I think a Graduate Certificate program will be a good fit for you. Also you can make use of 2 sponsors it only makes your application strong. You can also declare you have family members in Canada it improves your ties to Canada.

Overall 3.57 CGPA is a second class upper division (2.1) which is the minimum requirement for admission into a master's program in Canada. @Daum, can go ahead with his application, but must write a well structured and articulated SOP that will substantiate him considerably as a good candidate for the program. However, MSc programs as suggested by Qudkom is very competitive, your best shot will be to opt for an MEng program.

Cc:Daum take note.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:22am On May 11, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Hello house, Good.morning,

I have two questions

1) When an Applicant has uploaded the POF of his/her Sponsor ... Does it mean , no money can be withdrawn from that account for the main time the Application is bin processed?

E.g a Sponsor showed a POF of 20,452,300 Million Naira, and he wants to withdraw like #50K, Is this Allowed while an Application processing is going on using this Sponsor SOA or its after the application process is over (Approved) money can be withdrawn from such account...

2) A scenerio whereby a a sponsor has Two accounts
First bank (e.g GTBank) has a large amount of Fund, which houses the Tuition and Living Expenses of the Person he/she is sponsoring

The Second bank account (Polaris Bank) is the one he uses for his Business Venture,(which I have shown his CAC and other company documents ) but the money there is not much, cos its when he makes sales , transaction do go on there..

Should I still show the Polaris Bank he use for biz purpose?

Thanks
Anyone has an answer to my enquiry?

Thanks..

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.