Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159403 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 8:36pm On May 09, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Okay. Good enough. Hope she informed the school before sending.

Always communicate with the school.
No please , she didn't informed the school because we taught memorial University doesn't require test of English proficiency for undergraduate program and memorial University just send her this link for test of English https://englishtest.duolingo.com/home please has anyone done this and how easy is it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 9:31pm On May 09, 2020
Ok thanks.

librangyps:

If it is stated on your transcript 'Bachelor degree awarded' , when they receive your transcript, they will thick the box for transcript and degree confirmation.

But if it's not stated, then your school might need to send a scanned copy of ur cert or an official letter saying after completion of your program, bachelor of science or whatever degree was awarded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Coachatm10(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Well it depends on how related ur Uncle is to u, if u bear the same surname, that will be doep..
In a way to show commitment, he needs to either pay part of the tuition fee or pay it in full ( try to know the refund policy of the school).

He can pay the tuition fee in U.S.(that will even be more better than paying in Naira i.e Paying in Nigeria due to fluctuating exchange rates of Dollar to Naira)

If he pays the Tuition fee, then in the Proof Funds u only need to show the funds available for ur living expenses.($10,000CAD minimum)and also show reasonable amount of funds to take care of himself ,his family and probably if he has a business[b].I stand to be corrected[/b]

Ur uncle will need to Write a Letter of Sponsorship for u

And also AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT from a COURT

Dear Lekiboboe,

My sponsor is from my mother side, he is like uncle to me.. Our surname is differ..

But he has been sponsoring me from my first degree.
Hope that is not a problem? Since we do not bear the same surname.

And secondly, So you mean i should check the refund policy of my school.. Probably i might also see the percentage that i can pay before leaving Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by smsalert1: 11:13pm On May 09, 2020
Annettevoke:
paid few days ago
Thanks. I was able to pay yesterday and got message for biometrics today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 11:21pm On May 09, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Is it my University degree certificate that would stand in for degree awarded. Please can any any previous mun applicant help with that
Nah your transcript will do both.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by smsalert1: 11:22pm On May 09, 2020
Annettevoke:
paid few days ago

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 11:26pm On May 09, 2020
smsalert1:

They have started biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 11:27pm On May 09, 2020
Please is it advisable that each sponsor gives you both an affidavit of support and a letter of sponsorship? Also what are the differences between the two documents ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 12:16am On May 10, 2020
Aii bro

Cflow10:

Nah your transcript will do both.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:30am On May 10, 2020
Coachatm10:

Dear Lekiboboe,

My sponsor is from my mother side, he is like uncle to me.. Our surname is differ..

But he has been sponsoring me from my first degree.
Hope that is not a problem? Since we do not bear the same surname.

And secondly, So you mean i should check the refund policy of my school.. Probably i might also see the percentage that i can pay before leaving Nigeria?

Since he has bin sponsoring u since ur first degree, he will state all of that in a Letter of Sponsorship...
It shouldn't be a Problem, u can draw a family tree to show how u relate..
And if u have a photograph together with him, that will be also be good..

And also an Affidavit of Support from the court is Paramount too..

Since he is ur sponsor, this are some of the things u gonna show in ur Proof Of Funds..(Ur Sponsor)

Well.. Asking for Refund policy of a skool is normal, even schools .do encourage people to know the sch. Refund policy, cos the Sch. Don't guarantee a student he/she gonna be approved of a study permit even after gaining admission and also paying part or full tuition fee..

Different strokes for different folks, some have paid tuition fee and didn't get approved, some didn't pay at all and dey got approved,..and it also go the other way round as well..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Coachatm10(m): 1:05am On May 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Since he has bin sponsoring u since ur first degree, he will state all of that in a Letter of Sponsorship...
It shouldn't be a Problem, u can draw a family tree to show how u relate..
And if u have a photograph together with him, that will be also be good..

And also an Affidavit of Support from the court is Paramount too..

Since he is ur sponsor, this are some of the things u gonna out in ur Proof Of Funds..

Well.. Asking for Refund policy of a skool is normal, even schools .do encourage people to know the sch. Refund policy, cos the Sch. Don't guarantee a student he/she gonna be approved of a study permit even after gaining admission and also paying part or full tuition fee..

Different strokes for different folks, some have paid tuition fee and didn't get approved, some didn't pay at all and dey got approved,..and it also go the other way round as well..

Dear Lekiboboe,

I am deeply grateful for the speed of your response.

God bless you more and more.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:52am On May 10, 2020
Coachatm10:

Dear Lekiboboe,

I am deeply grateful for the speed of your response.

God bless you more and more.
U are welcome , Amen!!!!!

Just make sure u ask questions in d forum, and share ur profile (documents) when u are on the verge of submitting so as it to know if u are good to go or there are somethings u need to add or remove

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by donrabii: 5:03am On May 10, 2020
cuteesthy:
i will be going there by God's grace when i get my visa

I'm currently at Lamnton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Educhopper(m): 5:20am On May 10, 2020
@joneyd if you already had a spouse in canada, then migrating is easier rather using study as an avenue. She can file for you and follow the process of bringing you to canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Joneyd: 6:08am On May 10, 2020
Educhopper:
@joneyd if you already had a spouse in canada, then migrating is easier rather using study as an avenue. She can file for you and follow the process of bringing you to canada.
good morning, thanks for your reply, the thing is we 're not married yet, just dating. so is it still gonna be easy if she file for me or I go ahead and apply for the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2020
Hello,

I just got an offer of admission from MITT, fall (September) intake.
I'm about to begin processing my study permit. I have a few questions:

1) Do I need more than one sponsor?

2) Does my sponsor have to be a family member?

3) Does anyone have info about the Nigerian student express path?

4) I'm currently unemployed although i have previous work experience. Do I need letter of recommendation from my previous job?

5) What's the fastest route for applying for the study permit?

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Coachatm10(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome , Amen!!!!!

Just make sure u ask questions in d forum, and share ur profile (documents) when u are on the verge of submitting so as it to know if u are good to go or there are somethings u need to add or remove

Dear Lekiboboe,

Thank you.

When i get the necessary documents i will screenshot it..

Again. After creating my account at CIC page, when i pay for the study permit.. Do i have to pay another money for biometrics, or the first payment will cover the biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by smsalert1: 9:10am On May 10, 2020
Cflow10:
They have started biometrics?
am not sure. probably after the present inter State lockdown
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:22am On May 10, 2020
Coachatm10:

Dear Lekiboboe,

Thank you.

When i get the necessary documents i will screenshot it..

Again. After creating my account at CIC page, when i pay for the study permit.. Do i have to pay another money for biometrics, or the first payment will cover the biometrics?

Alright, jz make sure u blurr some sensitive information of anything u gonna be uploading here... Or better still ask questions as regards ur application process...

The Study permit fee and Biometric fee is bin paid at once, and it amounts to $235 CAD
U are not making any first payment ..

Study Permit - $150 CAD
Biometrics Fee - $85 CAD
In total equals to $235 CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maprince4: 9:36am On May 10, 2020
Gud morning house, why still waiting for Visa approval, I suppose to resume this May, but defer my Admission to September. Do I need to notify the VO about ma deferment for update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SetZ(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2020
Maprince4:
Gud morning house, why still waiting for Visa approval, I suppose to resume this May, but defer my Admission to September. Do I need to notify the VO about deferment for update?

Please How did you go about the deferment which school and have you paid school fees before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by segzyndpep(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2020
Maprince4:
Gud morning house, why still waiting for Visa approval, I suppose to resume this May, but defer my Admission to September. Do I need to notify the VO about ma deferment for update?

No need.Wait for approval before doing anything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by qtripple: 9:40am On May 10, 2020
Hello every one, i graduated in 2003 with third class a. i am also 39 years old is it possible to apply for nursing in canada. please i need a candid advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:41am On May 10, 2020
Hello house, Good.morning,

I have two questions

1) When an Applicant has uploaded the POF of his/her Sponsor ... Does it mean , no money can be withdrawn from that account for the main time the Application is bin processed?

E.g a Sponsor showed a POF of 20,452,300 Million Naira, and he wants to withdraw like #50K, Is this Allowed while an Application processing is going on using this Sponsor SOA or its after the application process is over (Approved) money can be withdrawn from such account...

2) A scenerio whereby a a sponsor has Two accounts
First bank (e.g GTBank) has a large amount of Fund, which houses the Tuition and Living Expenses of the Person he/she is sponsoring

The Second bank account (Polaris Bank) is the one he uses for his Business Venture,(which I have shown his CAC and other company documents ) but the money there is not much, cos its when he makes sales , transaction do go on there..

Should I still show the Polaris Bank he use for biz purpose?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 10:59am On May 10, 2020
Thevenine:
Hello,

I just got an offer of admission from MITT, fall (September) intake.
I'm about to begin processing my study permit. I have a few questions:

1) Do I need more than one sponsor?

2) Does my sponsor have to be a family member?

3) Does anyone have info about the Nigerian student express path?

4) I'm currently unemployed although i have previous work experience. Do I need letter of recommendation from my previous job?

5) What's the fastest route for applying for the study permit?

Thanks a lot

Any help on this please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cuteesthy(f): 12:12pm On May 10, 2020
donrabii:

I'm currently at Lamnton
is it Toronto campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kabz: 3:57pm On May 10, 2020
Hello my people, I need your opinion please. So I got a conditionally accepted for PhD, the requirement yet to be met is copies official copy Bsc university transcripts and certificate from my university. Problem is Uni is on lockdown and there is no sign of reopening as a result of the Covid-19 wahala. I have talked with the University in Canada and they’ve asked I can send electronic copy but still my Naija Uni say e nor possible.

I also applied to a different university and I had submitted all official documents there and haven’t gotten any decision at this moment.

My Question: Is it possible to cancel my application at this university I have not gotten any response and ask them to send these official documents I have sent to the other Uni where I have admission.

I’m also open to any other suggestions that could help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kaylov12: 4:18pm On May 10, 2020
@geosolomac
Can you please help me with a sample of ielts exemption letter issued from University?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)