Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165708 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2020
SKEPTA:

Chief,with all due respect, this isn’t a nice thing to say at all
Truly,Everyone knows that he would most likely be denied because of lack of progression of studies.But for you to just outrightly clear him like this is a very unfair thing to do.He innocently came here for help and advice but instead of you to help him or ignore him if you’re unable to help, you decided that telling him straightforward that he’d be denied is the best thing to do.
There’s honestly no reason to be rude,If you’re unable to help him just ignore.I’m sure others would gladly help him

At least if you told him the reason why he’d ne denied,It’d be better.

Not fair to just tell someone off like that.We could all do better as regards how we treat each other on here.

I’m sorry if this comes as disrespectful.

Even albeit I know @austacus Is a nice person on this forum @skepta get point, you for still give am reason why he would get denied. It happens we all can not always Be right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 10:05am On Sep 06, 2020
Tonyodg:
ehn so what dates are available
Try entering January 2021 see what comes out
Not available
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2020
milkytins:

Not available
something must be wrong with that site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mayored: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2020
Much appreciation.

Lekiboboe:

U are good to go..,it's only the quantity of documents you need to take note of

- Biometric Instruction Letter (1 copy)
- Appointment letter (1 copy)
- Your International Passport
- 2 Coloured Copies of ur International Passport Data Page (Print this before going to the Center, cos if u don't , u would be left with no choice than to print it at an outrageous amount at the center)

Once you enter the VAC office (based on your appointment time), you shouldn't spend more than 20-30 minutes cos some Applicants do have challenge of their Face not Focusing well at the Camera Lens when on the verge of capturing.

Visit the link below for BIOMETRICS EXPERIENCE AT the LAGOS CENTER (LEKKI)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93163924

Note: Ignore any tout that comes to meet you that you need Passport Photograph, it is not needed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ogunniyi295(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2020
Luckymama:

My brother, there’s nothing better than doing your research in any matter rather than relying on what people say. When it comes to study in Canada, getting the admission is the least of your worries, so don’t let the fact that your “Aunty” claims to know the “owner” of a school be the reason for choosing a school. What does that even mean? I have not heard of an owner of a post secondary institution before sha.

Here are the basic things you need to know.

1. Is the school a DLI (Designated Learning Institution?). Not all higher institutions in Canada are authorized to accept international students. So the first step is to Google DLI Canada and confirm from the list of schools which ones are DLI.
On this DLI matter there is another consideration. The reason why people go for masters in Canada is because you can get a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Again not every school will qualify you for this so when you are checking for schools on the DLI list confirm that the school
And the program you are going for are DLI eligible.
I just did a google search and while the school Dominion college is DLI (authorized to accept international students), it is not PGWP eligible, meaning that when you finish the program you will not get a work permit and will have to come back to Nigeria immediately.

2. There’s a common reason for denial called purpose of visit. Visa Officers (VOs) often deny people a study permit if the program you are going for does not make sense as in based on your previous degree or your work experience. So for someone like you who read business admin or so to suddenly start going for personal support worker it is obvious that it does not show any progression either based on your career or your previous schooling.

My advice is that you take a breath. Start to do some research. You can start on this student visa thread maybe part 14 and be reading it small small. Many things will be slowly getting clearer for you.

@ Oga Austacus you could have tried to put him through. I was on this board a couple of years ago when you were in our shoes and I know you received a lot of help. It’s time to give back from your wealth of experience.

sorry but on this particular topic, I have a question. What if I am proposing to start my education all over again? Can't I just state the reason in my Sop? For Instance, I am proposing to apply to a course that is not even related to my previous course cause I found out I made a wrong choice and I want to start all over again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2020
milkytins:

Not available

From With appointments in Cameroon. I have checked from September 2020 - March 2021 nothing. Even after March nothing.
Their numbers aren’t going through.
Those VFS are killing people. People loosing their mind. Aaaah.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2020
Dear Forum,
I want to say This is one of the best forums I Have been On Canada application. Thanks to everyone who take out their precious time to advice people. The names are above many So I can’t mention. I have learned a lot too I must say.

There shall always be arguments & fights because we are humans & we réason differently so I got no worry when I see an argument.
They are often constructive & we learn.

Happy Sunday to everyone.
Praying everyone succeed in his/Her deeds

Don’t forget to pray because all in all, God had a final decision to soften whosoever reviews your application.
Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2020
LAGOS or CAMEROON?

Even US wont have opened DECEMBER dates by now.....

Just saying though, but thats Crazy....

As all of you want to go to CANADA

Tonyodg:
ehn so what dates are available
Try entering January 2021 see what comes out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2020
It hasn't been updated,

The dates are probably available , am sure you will get a date this month sef.

I remember the days of US Visa, people crowd pass like this .

ConradAce1:

From With appointments in Cameroon. I have checked from September 2020 - March 2021 nothing. Even after March nothing.
Their numbers aren’t going through.
Those VFS are killing people. People loosing their mind. Aaaah.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2020
mayored:
Much appreciation.

You are welcome chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks again for your response. I will reach out now.

But please, it appears as though the content of what's in the link is for those who already have their study permit and are within Canada. Right?

Also, can someone help me confirm if the time period I have to enter Canada after my passport request and receiving my Visa is one year?

Thank you.

dommakavelli:
My response is based on this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival/study-permit-conditions.html

If their is a one year entry rule, then you should be fine. Hopefully, someone else can clarify the one year rule for you.

You don't have to talk about internet connection or complicate things. I recommend you say the truth. You deffered because CIC couldn't give processing time and because of the pandemic. You already deffered before you recieve AIP and your program start date is fall of every year. I really can't tell you what to do. But yeah, send me a PM. We'll call IRCC on Tuesday.

PPR means passport request.

Goodluck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=vibrant99 post=93630282]LAGOS or CAMEROON?

I once checked the US, it’s free. You don’t even need to book a rendezvous Or suffer to call . You can walk in to the VFS & do biometrics in minutes.
But know Africa & migration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2020
vibrant99:
LAGOS or CAMEROON?

lmao that true they probably haven’t opened October dates...talking about Lagos cause I know September is filled up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2020
I don't Know why people Cannot travel to Abuja with a Readied packaged-paper-route application , submit and do you BIO METRIC and get out....

In less than 1hr you are done...

Every Body want go LAGOS

Your application is heading straight to NAIROBI

Tonyodg:
lmao that true they probably haven’t opened October dates...talking about Lagos cause I know September is filled up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
vibrant99:
I don't Know why people Cannot travel to Abuja with a Readied packaged-paper-route application , submit and do you BIO METRIC and get out....

In less than 1hr you are done...

Every Body want go LAGOS

Your application is heading straight to NAIROBI

Do they process applications submitted to the embassy at Abuja elsewhere?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
You SUBMIT at VFS in ABUJA, It heads to Lagos and Your Application is Treated in NAIROBI/LONDON.....

I stand to be Corrected..... E-warriors

fratermathy:

Do they process applications submitted to the embassy at Abuja elsewhere?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
Rock247:
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I have been trying to book an appointment for Biometrics to no avail. It's showing "no available slots for applicant".
I tried calling their number but it is switched off. I tried most options available on the vfs site but none worked.

Is there any other person experiencing this? and is there a solution or any other way to contact them about the biometrics?

I am seeing September 2021..... Shouldn't it be 2020?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Johnk110: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
No reason Thanks anyways. I don't just have a good idea about it. She only told me Canada are looking for psw and they pay them well. That I should apply
Austacus:

Pin this comment.

You won't get your visa for PSW.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Johnk110: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks man. I appreciate
SKEPTA:

Chief,with all due respect, this isn’t a nice thing to say at all
Truly,Everyone knows that he would most likely be denied because of lack of progression of studies.But for you to just outrightly clear him like this is a very unfair thing to do.He innocently came here for help and advice but instead of you to help him or ignore him if you’re unable to help, you decided that telling him straightforward that he’d be denied is the best thing to do.
There’s honestly no reason to be rude,If you’re unable to help him just ignore.I’m sure others would gladly help him

At least if you told him the reason why he’d ne denied,It’d be better.

Not fair to just tell someone off like that.We could all do better as regards how we treat each other on here.

I’m sorry if this comes as disrespectful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Johnk110: 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Bro the problem is that I don't know the reason you just said straight that I will be denied visa. If you can please tell me what to do I will gladly appreciate it
Austacus:

It's a pity in this generation, when you tell people the truth and being straightforward, they term you to be rude.

Bro, it cringes me how some of y’all use God's names.

I know ”God is the greatest above all”, he gave us the wisdom to see the foresight and avoid mistake, if you fail to do it and you call Gods name, it's a waste of time and abuse of his name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Johnk110: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks alot bro. Never had an idea on this. I didn't even envisage traveling outside Nigeria because I know it's very hard getting visa. My aunty just made it look easy that's why I thought getting the admission will make me get visa fast. I guess I have to look for cheaper schools for masters since I already have a Bsc.
Luckymama:

My brother, there’s nothing better than doing your research in any matter rather than relying on what people say. When it comes to study in Canada, getting the admission is the least of your worries, so don’t let the fact that your “Aunty” claims to know the “owner” of a school be the reason for choosing a school. What does that even mean? I have not heard of an owner of a post secondary institution before sha.

Here are the basic things you need to know.

1. Is the school a DLI (Designated Learning Institution?). Not all higher institutions in Canada are authorized to accept international students. So the first step is to Google DLI Canada and confirm from the list of schools which ones are DLI.
On this DLI matter there is another consideration. The reason why people go for masters in Canada is because you can get a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Again not every school will qualify you for this so when you are checking for schools on the DLI list confirm that the school
And the program you are going for are DLI eligible.
I just did a google search and while the school Dominion college is DLI (authorized to accept international students), it is not PGWP eligible, meaning that when you finish the program you will not get a work permit and will have to come back to Nigeria immediately.

2. There’s a common reason for denial called purpose of visit. Visa Officers (VOs) often deny people a study permit if the program you are going for does not make sense as in based on your previous degree or your work experience. So for someone like you who read business admin or so to suddenly start going for personal support worker it is obvious that it does not show any progression either based on your career or your previous schooling.

My advice is that you take a breath. Start to do some research. You can start on this student visa thread maybe part 14 and be reading it small small. Many things will be slowly getting clearer for you.

@ Oga Austacus you could have tried to put him through. I was on this board a couple of years ago when you were in our shoes and I know you received a lot of help. It’s time to give back from your wealth of experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
rojah:
Hello house!
I am new here and I have tried to read the thread but I found out that most of the information here are for visa processing.

Pls I would love to go for PhD Civil Engineering in Canada with funding. I wouldnt mind if anyone can suggest schools I can look out for and the process.

I have CGPA of 4.13/5.0 B.Sc and 6.8/7.0 MSc(Awaiting convocation date).

Thank you.

You can apply to KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology). January 2021 application just began.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rock247(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nwannediutor:

I am seeing September 2021..... Shouldn't it be 2020?

Not really, I had to keep checking months till I reached September of the next year.. yet no show
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flaame(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Good afternoon everyone here, please I want to ask if 25 is far too old for starting an undergraduate degree in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marven: 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
CANADIAN EMBASSY HAS NOT RETURNED MY PASSPORT AND I NEED TO APPLY FOR STUDENT VISA FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY

Dear Nairalanders,
I applied for Canada study visa but was denied. Sir to Covid-19 pandemic leading to business lockdown and restrictions as you know I havent been able to retrieve my passport from vfs office and Canadian embassy.
Due to urgent need for application to another country I am planning to declare the passport missing then replace it at passport office following the process. Someone had told me that that can land me on travel ban for 5 years.
Do you think same too? Do you think there could be huge penalties to That? Please advice me candidly!
Also not that I have call, Twitter, mail to both vfs and the embassy. All I usually get was automated responses that says they respond in 10 working days.

Thanks for your usual assistance, I'm still counting on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sisikemi23: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks @JustMellow, I have a Nigerian International passport I hope it would be enough as proof of residence

JustMellow:

Hello Sisikemi23,

Everybody needs to show proof of citizenship or residence status whether being a citizen of the country or not, especially when it has to do with immigration.

Many may only think the birth certificate is met for demonstrating age accuracy or identity confirmation and the international passport for visa issuance, but these helps an immigration officer also ascertain one's nationality.

I was only asking so people may be sure on how to advice you and as well help others in future who may find themselves in same situation.

However, I was expecting a more specific or direct response that reference to either your birth certificate and/or international passport issued by NIS.

Back to the discuss, since your uncle has always been your sponsor and can evidently substantiate the claim, you seem to be good in terms of sponsorship.

You don't necessarily need to valuate your landed property but if the cost isn't too much to bear, then you may consider doing it. An advantage of doing it is that it demonstrate the worth of the property and could pass a subtle signal based on level of establishment to the VO.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tonygrinds(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
They accept 3rd class?
NairaLuck:

Come to Conestoga College �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
i noticed a lot of people are trying to soft pedal on your description, massaging your situation and romancing the Rejection(They will come with Jesus Story now) that is staring you in the face.

YOU CANNOT PROVE YOUR TIES TO YOUR RESIDENCE, in short your application will get a decision as Fast as a bicycle with no brakes.

Kill the thought entirely and return home to apply or Tell the person if it isn't really YOU.

sisikemi23:
Thanks @JustMellow, I have a Nigerian International passport I hope it would be enough as proof of residence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
vibrant99:
i noticed a lot of people are trying to soft pedal on your description, massaging your situation and romancing the Rejection(They will come with Jesus Story now) that is staring you in the face.

YOU CANNOT PROVE YOUR TIES TO YOUR RESIDENCE, in short your application will get a decision as Fast as a bicycle with no brakes.

Kill the thought entirely and return home to apply or Tell the person if it isn't really YOU.

This man cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please I have few questions.

1. In the titution/room and board section. Should I include the money for one year or two years? Considering that I have the full money to cover my 2 year program.

2. I being sponsored fully by my parents but I start working about 5 months ago. Should I include the statement of account from my salary account? I have less than 100k there.

3. Is it necessary to get a reference letter from my current place of employment (because I was refused one after I requested).

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
@Sisikemi

This is Nigeria,

Things are scrutinized here 100 Times,

Everybody is a Suspect here,

In Europe , You can apply to go to Asia and Your Passport with Visa of the place you are is a Strong Tie,

In Nigeria , You Can get That Thing in You Call Passport while You are sleeping,...

Nobody takes us Serious here,

Even the Approvals we get is Just to fulfill international Relationships... we don't have that Charisma as a people of a Nation.

I can Guarantee you That if You have aa Liberian Passport , You will go to the US over a Nigerian Passport....

Not worth The stress Dear(if you be babe o).

Quit/Don't Even Try.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
My One Cent advise ,

Use your parents as Sole sponsor,

Add their letter of Consent to sponsor and remain Resolute in the sponsorship

It actually reduces the explanation you have to make ...

OR..................

Have the FUNDS sent completely to you account, with reference on SOP , That the VO should have a look at the Origin of the FUNDS, am sure if the names Tally, ....Like FRANK will say, "IT WILL END IN PRAISE"

LordAA:
Good day everyone.

Please I have few questions.

1. In the titution/room and board section. Should I include the money for one year or two years? Considering that I have the full money to cover my 2 year program.

2. I being sponsored fully by my parents but I start working about 5 months ago. Should I include the statement of account from my salary account? I have less than 100k there.

3. Is it necessary to get a reference letter from my current place of employment (because I was refused one after I requested).

Thank you all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.