Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156388 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
"For visa chances you can further on your undergraduate degree, business
program or work experience"

Please how true is this statement .for those applying for PGd.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Austacus:

It's a pity in this generation, when you tell people the truth and being straightforward, they term you to be rude.

Bro, it cringes me how some of y’all use God's names.

I know ”God is the greatest above all”, he gave us the wisdom to see the foresight and avoid mistake, if you fail to do it and you call Gods name, it's a waste of time and abuse of his name.

Nobody is saying you shouldn’t tell anybody the truth, It’s a matter of delivering the truth without sounding uncouth or rendering someone hopeless

Never have I seen justmellow , frank, dommakaveli , anon123 ,lekiboboe or any of the other OGs on this thread tell someone off just like that.
how can you just tell someone that innocently came here to get advise that he would be denied,if you’re saying that he’d be denied at least give him a reason for saying that.

If that’s how everybody was rude to everybody on here this thread wouldn’t exist because no one would want to ask any questions knowing that they’d be responded to rudely

As you’ve told him off now , Do you think he’d want to come back here to ask another question?

we are here to help each other
while doing that, let’s be nice to each other

God bless everyone.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
MamaIva:
"For visa chances you can further on your undergraduate degree, business
program or work experience"

Please how true is this statement .for those applying for PGd.

Thank you all
TRUE... Just proof that the PGD is an UPGRADE and it’ll benefit/useful to you.
All the bestest Sir/Ma’
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thank you. My Bsc was in physiology. And i what to futher in Global business management PGD programme. quote author=Fgmp12 post=93616728]
All the bestest Sir/Ma’[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 11:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Bosses in the house. Please am trying to register in other to book for biometrics and its not going through. The link to activate user is not entering my email. What can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
You wanted him to ask “WHY”, and still felt the need to say “PIN THIS COMMENT”? LOL. Pin the comment for what? For future reference when he eventually gets denied?

Next time please just ignore such questions if you don’t have the luxury of time to give a full and reasonable response.

Austacus:

This has absolutely nothing to do with career progression or anything related to his previous course of study.

I don't know how to spice it up to him but I will repeat it 1 million times, HE WILL NOT GET HIS VISA with PSW.

I wanted him to ask me ’why’ not YOU! Hitherto, it's not necessary anymore.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

With this new strategy by IRCC on AIP which is the first stage approval, one of the requirement for the Second Stage approval (final approval) is Police Clearance Certificate, which makes it compulsory.

Do refer to the post in the link below,
This is based on experience of a member of this forum who is not in Lagos but was able to do her Police Clearance Certificate without travelling down to Lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/143#91581107

Quick question on the police clearance please. I just did mine and they gave two documents the document I did fingerprints on and the clearance certificate. Am I to scan the both of them or just the certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2020
The schedule dates for biometrics on the vsf site is not clicking to schedule an appointment. Please what can i do? lagos VAC centre.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:02am On Sep 06, 2020
Luckymama:

Quick question on the police clearance please. I just did mine and they gave two documents the document I did fingerprints on and the clearance certificate. Am I to scan the both of them or just the certificate?
Yes you will scan both ,but let the Certificate come first, then all other pages (finger prints. etc.) follow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:07am On Sep 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Yes you will scan both ,but let the Certificate come first, then all other pages (finger prints. etc.) follow

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:26am On Sep 06, 2020
Eilenora:
From Fanshawe. What are your thoughts guys, looks too good to be true

My e-mail was not tailored assuming that your program start date is September 2020. I know that you are enrolled for January 2021 intake. I have just made a suggestion for you to start in September 2020 as you already have the stage 1 approval.

What happens if by the time my programme commences I am still yet to receive my study permit and all I have is my stage 1 approval? I assume there is the option of commencing my programme online.

-Most probably, your program will start online also in January 2021 and you can start on-line with your stage 1 approval.

I already paid my deposit for the 1st semester; do I have to pay any additional fees to commence my programme online when the time comes?
-You don’t have to make additional payments.

What happens where I end up with a refusal having commenced the online programme?
-If you get a refusal you can apply for refund.

Will I be entitled to a full refund if this situation arises?
-You can get full refund with CAD 250 admission fee deduction

At what point will it be advisable to defer my admission if I choose not to commence my programme online?
-You can chose to defer to a future intake if you don’t prefer to start on-line but please note that your studies done in your home country on-line are counted towards your PGWP. Many students prefer to study at least one semester online to save the living expenses.

I would go ahead and start the program if I were the one. Since they have guaranteed me a tuition refund. I did not start my own program because my school policy is once you start classes no refund

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:38am On Sep 06, 2020
AbiodunMobi2025:

@just wise @ lucky mama @frank

I would have advised GCMS notes. That’s when you will see the actual reason for the refusal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AbiodunMobi2025: 1:58am On Sep 06, 2020
On the verge of requesting sir. By tomorrow a friend in canny will get it done for me

JustMellow:

Hello AbiodunMobi2025,

You will come back strong, hang in there. But have you requested for your notes? First step!

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:50am On Sep 06, 2020
Johnk110:
Hello sir, how are you doing hope you are fine. Am new in this forum, I have a Bsc degree in accounting, I have an aunty in canada though we are not related. I talked with her as regarding coming over to Canada. She said I should apply for student visa. The name of the school is Dominion college of business health and technology. And the program I wanna apply for is personal support worker( not related to my field of study) currently I don't even know how to start with the application because I went to the school website but I don't really understand their requirements.please can you guide me on step by step application of the study visa? And if am given admission in the school, am I likely to get visa approval because my aunty knows the owner of the school. I don't just understand anything concerning visa stuff and all that. Thank you

My brother, there’s nothing better than doing your research in any matter rather than relying on what people say. When it comes to study in Canada, getting the admission is the least of your worries, so don’t let the fact that your “Aunty” claims to know the “owner” of a school be the reason for choosing a school. What does that even mean? I have not heard of an owner of a post secondary institution before sha.

Here are the basic things you need to know.

1. Is the school a DLI (Designated Learning Institution?). Not all higher institutions in Canada are authorized to accept international students. So the first step is to Google DLI Canada and confirm from the list of schools which ones are DLI.
On this DLI matter there is another consideration. The reason why people go for masters in Canada is because you can get a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Again not every school will qualify you for this so when you are checking for schools on the DLI list confirm that the school
And the program you are going for are DLI eligible.
I just did a google search and while the school Dominion college is DLI (authorized to accept international students), it is not PGWP eligible, meaning that when you finish the program you will not get a work permit and will have to come back to Nigeria immediately.

2. There’s a common reason for denial called purpose of visit. Visa Officers (VOs) often deny people a study permit if the program you are going for does not make sense as in based on your previous degree or your work experience. So for someone like you who read business admin or so to suddenly start going for personal support worker it is obvious that it does not show any progression either based on your career or your previous schooling.

My advice is that you take a breath. Start to do some research. You can start on this student visa thread maybe part 14 and be reading it small small. Many things will be slowly getting clearer for you.

@ Oga Austacus you could have tried to put him through. I was on this board a couple of years ago when you were in our shoes and I know you received a lot of help. It’s time to give back from your wealth of experience.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 2:55am On Sep 06, 2020
SKEPTA:

Nobody is saying you shouldn’t tell anybody the truth, It’s a matter of delivering the truth without sounding uncouth or rendering someone hopeless

Never have I seen justmellow , frank, dommakaveli , anon123 ,lekiboboe or any of the other OGs on this thread tell someone off just like that.
how can you just tell someone that innocently came here to get advise that he would be denied,if you’re saying that he’d be denied at least give him a reason for saying that.

If that’s how everybody was rude to everybody on here this thread wouldn’t exist because no one would want to ask any questions knowing that they’d be responded to rudely

As you’ve told him off now , Do you think he’d want to come back here to ask another question?

we are here to help each other
while doing that, let’s be nice to each other

God bless everyone.

Well said!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 3:10am On Sep 06, 2020
My response is based on this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival/study-permit-conditions.html

If their is a one year entry rule, then you should be fine. Hopefully, someone else can clarify the one year rule for you.

You don't have to talk about internet connection or complicate things. I recommend you say the truth. You deffered because CIC couldn't give processing time and because of the pandemic. You already deffered before you recieve AIP and your program start date is fall of every year. I really can't tell you what to do. But yeah, send me a PM. We'll call IRCC on Tuesday.

PPR means passport request.

Goodluck

Ujeinijobog:
Thank you so much for your response.
But please, in view of your response, I will appreciate if you can help clarify some of my queries as follows:

1. You stated that if I get my SP approved this year, I'll have to start my program by spring and the new LOA will be rendered useless.
I thought I have a period of one year to enter into Canada when my Visa is approved? Does this then mean that even if I get the SP approved this year, the one year rule doesn't stand?
And even if the one year rule stands (or doesn't stand), will it be okay to wait to get the approval before sending in my new letter of admission?

2. Please what does PPR stand for?

3. Considering the regulation that you referred to, will it be okay to state in the LOE that I deferred because of poor internet connection and the fact that my program only run during fall semesters (which is actually the case)?

Lastly, I'll appreciate the three way call you suggested. Can I message you privately please?
I will also appreciate the link you spoke about.

Thank you once again for your time.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:03am On Sep 06, 2020
Osemigho:

Adept keh? old knowledge is insufficient for decision-making if it is not updated. That’s why I am here grin. What should be in the proof of financial .... then? Please share a link of section upload details if you have it. Be like say I don forget most of these things. Thanks.

Click here

Credit: Frankrobbn1

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 6:22am On Sep 06, 2020
MamaIva:
Thank you. My Bsc was in physiology. And i what to futher in Global business management PGD programme. quote author=Fgmp12 post=93616728]
All the bestest Sir/Ma’
I have 2 questions?
1- What’s your Bsc CGPA?
2- Have you had any career in Global business management ?
Well Physiology and Global Business management isn’t in any way related.
The VO might probably not understand the connection from Physiology to Global business management just has I don’t , They prefer to see a linear education continuation.
Can you convince the VO why you’re switching to Global Management bussiness?
You need to show a proper transition into your career path.
Well, I believe you should do well in explaining why the career change and address your career plan.
Writing a strong SOP to explain the switch and how this program will benefit you and get higher ranked job with better salary threshold after finish this degree is your key.
All the bestest Sir/Ma’

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2020
sisikemi23:

Good morning,
Thanks for your replies guys i’m really grateful.

@JustMellow I think I don’t have to show any proof of valid residence status here because i’m Half Nigerian.

My sponsor is an uncle that has been sponsoring my education for years. I also got a partial scholarship from the school i applied to.

I have a landed property here in my name but do I need to value the property or just present its documents?

Hello Sisikemi23,

Everybody needs to show proof of citizenship or residence status whether being a citizen of the country or not, especially when it has to do with immigration.

Many may only think the birth certificate is met for demonstrating age accuracy or identity confirmation and the international passport for visa issuance, but these helps an immigration officer also ascertain one's nationality.

I was only asking so people may be sure on how to advice you and as well help others in future who may find themselves in same situation.

However, I was expecting a more specific or direct response that reference to either your birth certificate and/or international passport issued by NIS.

Back to the discuss, since your uncle has always been your sponsor and can evidently substantiate the claim, you seem to be good in terms of sponsorship.

You don't necessarily need to valuate your landed property but if the cost isn't too much to bear, then you may consider doing it. An advantage of doing it is that it demonstrate the worth of the property and could pass a subtle signal based on level of establishment to the VO.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mayored: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2020
Morning all.

Happy Sunday.

For Biometrics, apart from the BL from the Visa application site, VAC appointment letter, Intl pspt and a coloured copy of bio-data page, what do i need to take along for Biometrics capture.

Also, what is the average time spent at VAC for capturing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by akinajibola: 7:06am On Sep 06, 2020
Good Morning,
I am about to apply for my study visa but would like to have my 6 years old child accompany me.
Please can someone educate me on how to go about it.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rock247(m): 8:12am On Sep 06, 2020
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I have been trying to book an appointment for Biometrics to no avail. It's showing "no available slots for applicant".
I tried calling their number but it is switched off. I tried most options available on the vfs site but none worked.

Is there any other person experiencing this? and is there a solution or any other way to contact them about the biometrics?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 8:36am On Sep 06, 2020
The voice in the Wilderness is not for everyone but for those that are concerned , we don’t sugar-Coat our sayings to avoiding saying more unnecessarily!

Fgmp12:

Hey, I trust you’re doing well and staying safe.

I have absolutely no idea why you have such negative reviews on colleges in Canada.
None of us are qualified to rate colleges on strong vs not strong in the eyes of IRCC. All we can do is to encourage and give suggestions based on what we hear/ have heard or our own experiences. However, at the end of the day, I believe the only people qualified to give college advice are the certified agents by IRCC.
I come in peace bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2020
September is filled up, check October
Rock247:
Good Morning Everyone,

Please I have been trying to book an appointment for Biometrics to no avail. It's showing "no available slots for applicant".
I tried calling their number but it is switched off. I tried most options available on the vfs site but none worked.

Is there any other person experiencing this? and is there a solution or any other way to contact them about the biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 06, 2020
Rock247:
Good Morning Everyone,

my brother September dates are exhausted move to October ....the green color shows Availability of dates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 06, 2020
vibrant99:

The voice in the Wilderness is not for everyone but for those that are concerned , we don’t sugar-Coat our sayings to avoiding saying more unnecessarily!

cheesy you get better coconut head grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Tonyodg:
my brother September dates are exhausted move to October ....the green color shows Availability of dates

No October, November and even December.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2020
milkytins:

No October, November and even December.
ehn so what dates are available
Try entering January 2021 see what comes out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iamthechi: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Vbanti:
Please has
anyone heard of wokos travel and study?

I have... But I can't seem to find anything concrete online about them... They have an ig page but that's it... Can't find them on Twitter...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2020
mayored:
Morning all.

Happy Sunday.

For Biometrics, apart from the BL from the Visa application site, VAC appointment letter, Intl pspt and a coloured copy of bio-data page, what do i need to take along for Biometrics capture.

Also, what is the average time spent at VAC for capturing.

U are good to go..,it's only the quantity of documents you are to go with need to take note of

- Biometric Instruction Letter (1 copy)
- Appointment letter (1 copy)
- Your International Passport
- 2 Coloured Copies of ur International Passport Data Page

(Endeavor to print this documents before going to the Center, cos if u don't , u would be left with no choice than to print it at an outrageous amount at the center)

Once you enter the VAC office (based on your appointment time), you shouldn't spend more than 20-30 minutes cos some Applicants do have challenge of their Face not Focusing well at the Camera Lens when on the verge of capturing.

Note: Ignore any tout that comes to meet you that you need Passport Photograph, it is not needed

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2020
Goldmia:

Have you done your biometrics? My cousin applied for her study permit visa on June 24 and she passed her medicals but hasn’t received her AIP yet.

She is really worried about this.
No, she just want to apply this month, which documents did your cousin submitted? , to learn from it , thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vbanti:
Please has anyone heard of wokos travel and study?

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76