Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155581 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2020
Good morning guys, i have been trying to schedule a biometric appointment with VFS office lagos but no dates to select online in all the months and i also tried calling them they said they are closed. Sent in an email no response. But abuja dates are showing available. What can i do i need suggestions. Is it that September is filled up and october has not been opened for Lagos VFS? If yes when likely can they open becos i have an ultimatum of October 12 to supply biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2020
vibrant99:
What’s the Comparisons as you have been in Canada?

We are not haggling to a means, but a way of telling people off Colleges because it has stopped working and that’s a fact ... approvals mentioned here is not even much of data ? Are you in a College sir ?

Well, I finished from a college.

Unless you know the total number of applicants from Nigeria to Universities and colleges in Canada and then information on people who were approved versus delayed for colleges and universities which can give us insights in making conclusive statements with regards study permit applications, I will suggest you calm down on your conclusions. Please, stop stating your opinions/personal experiences as facts.

You can always give your opinions, state advantages and disadvantages of colleges and universities, what you think with respect to visa approvals and leave it to applicants to decide what they want.

I am always pro having different perspectives on issues. Let people weigh their options and make their choice.

Ps This is my last take on this issue. It's too early Monday morning to be going back and forth. Have a good one bro.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rock247(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2020
Please has any one been able to do in-Person scheduling of appointment directly at the VAC office for biometrics capturing?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by websta: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2020
I have a BSc in Maritime and I more like a cyber guy. I want to apply for a 1yr GC in a Canadian college.
vibrant99:
What does your profile look like ?

You need to outline your situation so everyone can help with their ideas and advise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Flaame:
Good afternoon everyone here, please I want to ask if 25 is far too old for starting an undergraduate degree in Canada
Age 25 might likely not be a favorable age to apply for an undergraduate degree program.
I want to assume u alrdy have a B.SC/HND, what you should be looking to Pursue in Canada is a Masters (2.1) or PG.Cert/PGD (2.2) in a program aligned to what you study in your University/HND or a program based on your work experience.

Age range to apply for a Bachelor's Program in Canada is around age 17-21
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

I have become a bit rusty with regards to study application. If I missed anything, the gurus will help you out. Here is my take

(1) The money you should state for tuition is 1 year, room and board 10,000 Cad other could be 3,000 Cad

In the section that states something about funds available for my stay, you can then declare the total money you have available. In this case, your money covering 2 years.

What most people do is they sum up the tuition + accommodation + other = Funds available for stay (In your case, if you have more than that, you can declare it in this section, it's fine).

p:s Just make sure that the total money declared to be available for stay is not equal the total money in your sponsors account. What I mean is, your sponsor can't have 30M in their account and then you declare 30M as funds you have available for stay. Why? Under normal circumstances, your sponsor will not empty his/her account. They should have something left for their own upkeep.

(2) For sponsor, attach you parents statement of account, attach proof of relationship, source of income and letter of sponsorship.

For you the applicant, attach your salary account irrespective of the amount in the account.

P.s I have seen people who did not attach theirs and still got their permits. If you must attach, then you must show proof you actually have a job and work for that company.

(3) In my opinion, it does not have to be a reference letter. Anything that proves you are gainfully employed is more than enough.

Attach pay stubs and if you can, at least one of the following documents; reference letter, study leave, letter of introduction and so forth.

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation.
God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2020
@Naijaforeigner - Please i have a further question to the clarification you just made to lord AA and this question is also open to anyone that wants to contribute.

I guess i need to refill my form IMM1294, i filled tuition for the 2 years in space for tuition and i also filled the exact balance in my sponsors bank statement ( Luckily i have not yet submitted my application,still gathering documents).

1) So my question is by what variation do i put as funds available for my stay lets say for instance what my parents has now is money for the first year which is maybe 11m and i intend to show valuation report of landed properties worth about 40m that is 11m + 40m = 51m ( as an example) to proof i can sustain myself throughout the duration of the programme.

How much can i put as funds available for my stay with just 11m sitting as liquid fund in the account to convince the Visa officers?.

2) Just for me to understand the process clearly, why is it only the first year tuition one has to put in the space for tuition and not the two years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2020
Good morning House,
Please has anyone gotten update regarding their GCMS notes yet? Please share with us.
I haven't ordered mine because I don't have a family in Canada.
Not sure what to do...please if you can help me out with this, abeg let me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PendD: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2020
Hello my people,
When check the processing time for study permit outside Canada, what does the field "where are you applying from" mean? Is it the country one applied with their passport or the country where one submitted the app in?
E.g I submitted from Turkey, though online, so do I select Turkey there or Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Good day guys, gurus in the house help me decipher my gcmsnotes o, just got it today after applying since April, on the eligibility part, I saw recommend interview and I don't think Nigeria does interview for visa application. Guys pls kindly explain what does that means ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oludolao: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2020
Interviews are done in Accra.

nayo10:
Good day guys, gurus in the house help me decipher my gcmsnotes o, just got it today after applying since April, on the eligibility part, I saw recommend interview and I don't think Nigeria does interview for visa application. Guys pls kindly explain what does that means ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:

That's a bit strange. Its possible someone here would have had a similar experience and advise you. How long did it take from when you requested for the gcms notes to when you got them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oludolao: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2020
You can order your GCMS notes yourself, you don't need to have a family in Canada to do so.

quote author=Dameelee post=93664825]Good morning House,
Please has anyone gotten update regarding their GCMS notes yet? Please share with us.
I haven't ordered mine because I don't have a family in Canada.
Not sure what to do...please if you can help me out with this, abeg let me know. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2020
owee:

That's a bit starnge. Its possible someone here would have had a similiar experience and advise you. How long did it take from when you requested for the gcms notes to when you got them?
Applied on 17th August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:

Have you gotten an AIP or Medical Request?

If I remember correctly, "recommend interview" simply means that a senior VO will review your file. The VO who assessed it initially has some concerns, hence the interview recommendation. However, the senior VO will use his discretion to make a final decision since we don't have interviews in Nigeria. They may also request further documentation if necessary to complete assessment.

Others may shed further light on this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2020
No I haven't gotten AIP o , anything I can send to know what the problem is
fratermathy:

Have you gotten an AIP or Medical Request?

If I remember correctly, "recommend interview" simply means that a senior VO will review your file. The VO who assessed it initially has some concerns, hence the interview recommendation. However, the senior VO will use his discretion to make a final decision since we don't have interviews in Nigeria. They may also request further documentation if necessary to complete assessment.

Others may shed further light on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:
No I haven't gotten AIP o , anything I can send to know what the problem is

You can raise a CSE to know your application status since it has gone beyond the normal processing times as of when you applied.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2020
I have done that in the past, they usually send the default message of we are still working on your application
fratermathy:

You can raise a CSE to know your application status since it has gone beyond the normal processing times as of when you applied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:
I have done that in the past, they usually send the default message of we are still working on your application

Then I'm afraid that you have no other choice than to be patient. Just chill for now. There is still ample hope for your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:

hello, where did you apply for your gcms from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:

Please when did you apply for the gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hello everyone, please what does evidence of work requirement in study mean? Do I have to get it from the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
Sorry pm me pls, you know it is against the rules to share third party sites on the platform
Miide2:

Please when did you apply for the gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:

This year and it's new processes.. Kindly share ur profile so we'll understand why they need interview.. Are u for fall or winter? Self or family sponsored? Study gap and Level applied for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dame24:
Hello everyone, please what does evidence of work requirement in study mean? Do I have to get it from the school?
Hello Dame24,

Evidence Of Work Requirement in Study
means Co-op letter

1) Did you select YES for "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study" in the Questionnaire on your Study Permit Application?
2)Is your Program having a co-op?

if yes, your school need to give it you (it comes along with ur admission letter), and it's one of the document you have to upload in your study Permit Application before submission (there is an upload column for it in the Study Permit Application Dashboard)

Visit the link below for more info & details on Evidence Of Work Requirement in Study ( Co-op Letter)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/152#91747809

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dame24:
Yeah.. Seems u stated that your program requires work permit, so the school have to give you or your admission letter will state it clearly on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
nayo10:
Sorry pm me pls, you know it is against the rules to share third party sites on the platform

Oh no I just want to know the date you applied or rather how long it took for you to get the gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
I am for fall semester but I defer to winter due to not getting AIP,
My mom is my sponsor
I have paid tuition
I have 10,000cad for living expenses
I applied for MBA in University of New Brunswick background in engineering, I don't have any study gap. Working at a logistics company.
Pee2Jay9:

This year and it's new processes.. Kindly share ur profile so we'll understand why they need interview.. Are u for fall or winter? Self or family sponsored? Study gap and Level applied for?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
heidepaper:
Good morning. Please edit your post. Your attached picture contains sensitive information (name and student ID) It´s not safe to share such on public platforms. You can blurr it and repost.
Tuition = 1 year tuition, Room and board = minimum of 10,000 CAD (living expense for 1 year) or if the admission letter stated what living expense is needed you can use that. Other = miscellaneous (transport, insurance, books...) All the best
God bless you ,I have just deleted the pix attached. If the school give me a semester tuition as 6500 cad , what should I use as one year , will it be multiply by two.?
2, pls we want to transfer the 10,000 cad to her dormicilary account, and we have open dormicilary account for her but the exchange rate is high , pls how can we do the exchange at affordable rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Yeah.. Seems u stated that your program requires work permit, so the school have to give you or your admission letter will state it clearly on it

Okay, thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello Dame24,

Evidence Of Work Requirement in Study
means Co-op letter

1) Did you select YES for "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study" in the Questionnaire on your Study Permit Application?
2)Is your Program having a co-op?

if yes, your school need to give it you (it comes along with ur admission letter), and it's one of the document you have to upload in your study Permit Application before submission (there is an upload column for it in the Study Permit Application Dashboard)

Visit the link below for more info & details on Evidence Of Work Requirement in Study ( Co-op Letter)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/152#91747809

Thanks so much, this was helpful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hello all,

After submitting my biometrics, I got a tracking number so I decided to track my application. And this is what I received. I haven't submitted my passport or anything. What does it mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.