Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,870 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160773 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by venemous: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
Fgmp12:

You’re good to go Sir/Ma’.
Ok Thank you for the response bro.
Am relieved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2020
NairaLuck:

He can use form a to pay. That's what I used. Or you can contact a student there to help you pay which is also good. I Know a senior colleague here who has graduated from Conestoga who can also help you pay it if you can't pay through form a or Western Union business solutions

Thanks chief ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
Anon123:

Thanks chief ...
You're welcome boss. But try the form a first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Meagainstenemy: 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
NairaLuck:

You're welcome boss. But try the form a first
Boss is the form A limited to one bank or numerous banks? because I was trying to a pay a fee into a schools account, I was told at UBA that the only way to do that is to open a dom account and that CBN suspended western union transfer. How true is this?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 3:41am On Sep 12, 2020
Godsblessings:
House , please help to evaluate this documents before we upload it and submit
Sponsor documents (brother in law)
Offer letter, confirmation of appointment, promotion letter, salary increment, letter of introduction from employer, payslip (Note :no salary account included want use savings account worth 17M) affidavit of sponsorship, marriage certificate with app sis, wedding picture including Applicant, newspaper change of name of applicant sis to hubby name) letter of attestation as Guardian from Applicant secondary School, letter of reference for Guardian from church, company id card. Recent family picture with sponsor family.

Applicant documents:
Acceptance letter from school in Canada, birth certificate,Waec result, testimonial, transcript, data page, certificate of participation in a non governmental seminar(related to her course), letter of reference of enrollment in a fashion designer as apprentice (high school gap), family pictures with parents and sponsor, . Note 10,000cad will be deposited into her naira account by sponsor soon before we apply. Please which other documents do we need to add. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Please I am expecting response regarding this��‍�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Teophilus96(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2020
Good morning everyone
Pls I'll like to know if one can run two Courses(Major and minor)at Masters during the course of study?? Is it possible, even tho it may be a scholarship??

I have dreams of Studying Bioresources Engineering in McGill through Scholarship; and at this period of my life, I have also found Data Science fascinating. And most of the job offer of a Data Scientist requires an advanced degree in Computer Science and other related fields. Please is it possible for me to run the two while Bioresources Engineering and Computer Science will be my Major and Minor respectively??

Thanks as I anticipate your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2020
Godsblessings:
House , please help to evaluate this documents before we upload it and submit
Sponsor documents (brother in law)
Offer letter, confirmation of appointment, promotion letter, salary increment, letter of introduction from employer, payslip (Note :no salary account included want use savings account worth 17M) affidavit of sponsorship, marriage certificate with app sis, wedding picture including Applicant, newspaper change of name of applicant sis to hubby name) letter of attestation as Guardian from Applicant secondary School, letter of reference for Guardian from church, company id card. Recent family picture with sponsor family.

Applicant documents:
Acceptance letter from school in Canada, birth certificate,Waec result, testimonial, transcript, data page, certificate of participation in a non governmental seminar(related to her course), letter of reference of enrollment in a fashion designer as apprentice (high school gap), family pictures with parents and sponsor, . Note 10,000cad will be deposited into her naira account by sponsor soon before we apply. Please which other documents do we need to add. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
good morning house, pls I need you to help me evaluate this docs , is there any docs that need to be added that is not included pls!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 11:34am On Sep 12, 2020
@Most of the Mentions that I find my Moniker

Canada and Canadian VISA are two different things, Canada is a Country and this country you can relate with from anywhere , access them from anywhere and convince them from anywhere even as you lay on ur bed with a bottle of wine .

Canadian Visa is what gives you the access to this country, to be in Canada and and operate within the frames of this country.
The IMplication Is that there are basic requirements that will give you that gate-pass.

First is understanding Canada and secondly passing the basic requirements that makes you eligible to be granted a Visa.

Furthermore, with time things are upgraded or downgraded in relationship to it PROs and CONs, there are situations that are, that will be not be again, there are leeway that will become No-away.

It greatly goes to say we have to adapt to this change, most importantly recognize this change when it happens, an example is when I thundered that College-VISA-Application now get a 90% rejection , not because of the “College” but because of the “class of people” that apply to it , it is utterly a struggle to get into Canada kind of application.

Some one who said he went in with such application ran out to shout foul, .... after you and presently give us the names of others! Are you happy to see people throw their monies away?

I once advised someone who had a 3rd class to look else where after a second rejection, but when you go elsewhere for the PGD make sure you smash your exams, ... he came out with almost 85% A’s, now he is not even in Canada but in USA with funding.

Canada isn’t giving out approvals for all I know so often this days , you can even use Nairaland as a guide , people are almost applying with certificates that’s cannot get you an admission in Nigeria and for programs that are utterly useless to them, it is a desperate sign, and it will work against the stronger ones.

My opinion like I always call it, but it is very bitter pill to swallow for the never Give-up-kind!

It shall end in praise (Frank.d.1st)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by angels1: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
How can the reasons below be handled?

If a reapplication is done what are the chances for getting approval?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hello everyone, please I need your advice. I have started my online fall class for MEng Electrical which is a 2yrs course with internship but it has the option of finishing it in 12months without internship. Now I got an email from the school advising us to either choose the non-internship stream which is to be run in 12months or defer to September 2021 because they got the information that processing time for work permit for co-op is now 7-9months so we might not be in Canada to apply ahead for it.. The deadline for deferral is 21st September and we need to select our courses well so we can complete 50% of it in person in Canada to be eligible for PGWP. My question is if I choose the 1yr stream how many years PGWP will I be eligible for? I have AIP now and I have deferred before. What if January class is online if they decide to extend travel restriction. Help o please, my mind is full.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
The Beautiful thing now is that ...

“Your time spent Outside Canada now counts for you”

This is basically everyone’s fear, I presume this was looked into as it became an issue and progressively decided on,

For my slim decision , SEPT 2021 wouldn’t be a bad idea, ... Finishing touches on Corona will still be around till the first quarter of 2021. Calm down .

Make sure you smash them exams , Online!!!

quote author=UBCcookies post=93841694]Hello everyone, please I need your advice. I have started my online fall class for MEng Electrical which is a 2yrs course with internship but it has the option of finishing it in 12months without internship. Now I got an email from the school advising us to either choose the non-internship stream which is to be run in 12months or defer to September 2021 because they got the information that processing time for work permit for co-op is now 7-9months so we might not be in Canada to apply ahead for it.. The deadline for deferral is 21st September and we need to select our courses well so we can complete 50% of it in person in Canada to be eligible for PGWP. My question is if I choose the 1yr stream how many years PGWP will I be eligible for? I have AIP now and I have deferred before. What if January class is online if they decide to extend travel restriction. Help o please, my mind is full.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
How would we know when u didn't state what you submitted and have available? Sorry about your refusal but share ur profile so we're better informed
angels1:
How can the reasons below be handled?

If a reapplication is done what are the chances for getting approval?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
My good people of Nairaland, Calvary greetings to you all!

I have come again for your worthy advise as usual.

I am going for a 2yrs baccalaureate Diploma, commencing in Winter term, and I'm planning to submit my application for Study Permit anytime next month. But my worries are:

1. Whether 8m is adequate for proof fund

2. The said amount came into my accounts on 26th Aug (3m) and 2 Sept (5m), in two savings accounts I maintain in different banks. By the time I will submit my SP application, the funds would be barely a month and 2weeks in my account.

Please will it have negative implication on my application?

Note: My school didn't demand for any tuition deposit but I intend paying my first semester fees of about 2.2m (CAD7,660) and attach same to my Student Permit Application.

I will appreciate advise/suggestions on the above.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
hey guys i got my gcms notes back today
can someone please tell me what this means
@frank @anon123 @vibrant99

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

Maybe you should give your profile too.

From what I know, "Review Required" means that another VO will review your file. Your primary VO probably saw something out of place. In any case, do not worry. Your file is still very much open. That's the main thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taiwolus: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
UBCcookies:
Hello everyone, please I need your advice. I have started my online fall class for MEng Electrical which is a 2yrs course with internship but it has the option of finishing it in 12months without internship. Now I got an email from the school advising us to either choose the non-internship stream which is to be run in 12months or defer to September 2021 because they got the information that processing time for work permit for co-op is now 7-9months so we might not be in Canada to apply ahead for it.. The deadline for deferral is 21st September and we need to select our courses well so we can complete 50% of it in person in Canada to be eligible for PGWP. My question is if I choose the 1yr stream how many years PGWP will I be eligible for? I have AIP now and I have deferred before. What if January class is online if they decide to extend travel restriction. Help o please, my mind is full.

I don't think I completely understand your situation (especially the course selection part). But yes, the Co-op work permit takes that long. The good this is that nothing stops you from applying for it right away (and you don't need to be in Canada to apply for it). If I was in your position, I will continue to take my courses online, and start applying for student positions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:
when did you order it please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
Tonyodg:
when did you order it please ?

26th of august
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

26th of august

have you gotten aip?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

26th of august
was this paper application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
Tonyodg:
was this paper application ?

yes it is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
SKEPTA:

have you gotten aip?

no i haven’t
i applied in march
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
Check the last two pages of the notes to know the comments of the visa officer, mine was similar until I got medical request
Miide2:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

When did you apply cos it seems the review is still in progress. Maybe you applied for your notes too early.

Also when did you apply for your notes? Is it from gcmsbuddy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2020
nayo10:
Check the last two pages of the notes to know the comments of the visa officer, mine was similar until I got medical request

i can’t see any comments from the vo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2020
nayo10:

please is there a way i can see yours ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
librangyps:

When did you apply cos it seems the review is still in progress. Maybe you applied for your notes too early.

Also when did you apply for your notes? Is it from gcmsbuddy?

i applied to sp in march i applied for notes in august
i don’t think that’s too early though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:
Have you gotten AIP, gotten medical request. The attached is normal procedure especially the criminality..

Please check the last two pages of the gcms note. The visa officers comment says it all.. If you dont have, it means your application is still active and no final decision yet... Also go through to see if theres anything required from you that was mentioned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
UBCcookies:

A 1yr program gives you just a year PGWP. If you have AIP, you can defer to September 2021. But again the final decision lies with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

It's not too early.
I believe the note gives some hope.

Was it paper application? I believe your application is not yet concluded. Keep praying to everything you can pray too ... smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
Anon123:

A 1yr program gives you just a year PGWP. If you have AIP, you can defer to September 2021. But again the final decision lies with you
In some cases, accelerated courses still gives the normal PGWP. It's calculated by credit units/course load
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

can you share the comments in the last two pages?

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.