Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161053 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hello my people. Good afternoon

Pls I have a question...

I am seeing some instances here where the sponsor transfers the funds into the applicants account.

Is it compulsory for my sponsor (elder brother) to transfer the funds into my account? Can't I just present the Statement of account of my sponsor in my applications?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miide2:

26th of august

I applied for mine in 25th but haven't gotten it yet.

Good thing that you got yours early. Please check the last two pages as suggested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hi @lekiboboe pls can I send you personal message?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by abestine(m): 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
Toluchenko:
Hello my people. Good afternoon

Pls I have a question...

I am seeing some instances here where the sponsor transfers the funds into the applicants account.

Is it compulsory for my sponsor (elder brother) to transfer the funds into my account? Can't I just present the Statement of account of my sponsor in my applications?
You can just present the statement of account of your brother, but it is more efficient to have him transfer the money into your account then submit the statement of account . This will help you to build genuine story around the transfer since it will reflect in your account and his at these time. That was what I did couple of years ago and it worked... Ire o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
Applied September 3 got Feed back Sept 11
the speed at which some applications are processed eh.
I think sometimes it has to do with the answers we provide in the questionnaire probably wrong or false answers and maybe the documents.
This Waka is just somewhat confusing

P.S this is not mine

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
It is a 2yrs course but can be finished in 1yr.
Does that means I will still get my 3yrs PGWP? All I need do is finish the full course credit within 1yr

NairaLuck:

In some cases, accelerated courses still gives the normal PGWP. It's calculated by credit units/course load
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hi Gurus.. I hail o.

So i got my gcms note today and apparently have failed the eligibility stage.

Attached is a snap shot.

1) what if I move the funds from my inlaws account to mine. Will it help?

2) I applied for a PGD because I got a 2.2, why does the VO think that this is not a career progression?
Will explaining to the VO in my next application that the PGD is a prerequisite to ultimately studying a masters suffice for career progression?

4) How soon can I reapply?
Note: my application page is yet to be updated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
The program is a 2yrs course with opportunity to be finished in 1yr as long as you fulfil the course load. Will I get 3yrs PGWP if I choose the 1yr path?
From the email they're advising we defer to September 2021 if we choose the 2yrs because we must be present in Canada before applying for co-op work permit or we finish the course within this 1yr.
Taiwolus:

I don't think I completely understand your situation (especially the course selection part). But yes, the Co-op work permit takes that long. The good this is that nothing stops you from applying for it right away (and you don't need to be in Canada to apply for it). If I was in your position, I will continue to take my courses online, and start applying for student positions.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2020
NairaLuck:
Applied September 3 got Feed back Sept 11 the speed at which some applications are processed eh.
I think sometimes it has to do with the answers we provide in the questionnaire probably wrong or false answers and maybe the documents.
This Waka is just somewhat confusing

P.S this is not mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ik123: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
Please who is going to University of Regina, have you starting online classes? please let's network?, you can private chat me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
Thanks but if Corona might still be around 1st quarter of 2021, travel restriction might also not be lifted so I will be forced to study online that way I have done more than 50% of my program online which is against the new PGWP eligibility.

vibrant99:
The Beautiful thing now is that ...

“Your time spent Outside Canada now counts for you”

This is basically everyone’s fear, I presume this was looked into as it became an issue and progressively decided on,

For my slim decision , SEPT 2021 wouldn’t be a bad idea, ... Finishing touches on Corona will still be around till the first quarter of 2021. Calm down .

Make sure you smash them exams , Online!!!

quote author=UBCcookies post=93841694]Hello everyone, please I need your advice. I have started my online fall class for MEng Electrical which is a 2yrs course with internship but it has the option of finishing it in 12months without internship. Now I got an email from the school advising us to either choose the non-internship stream which is to be run in 12months or defer to September 2021 because they got the information that processing time for work permit for co-op is now 7-9months so we might not be in Canada to apply ahead for it.. The deadline for deferral is 21st September and we need to select our courses well so we can complete 50% of it in person in Canada to be eligible for PGWP. My question is if I choose the 1yr stream how many years PGWP will I be eligible for? I have AIP now and I have deferred before. What if January class is online if they decide to extend travel restriction. Help o please, my mind is full.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hello my respect to everyone. I just joined this group today, my name is Kingdom, I'm 22 years old. I work as a computer graphic designer in a printing press. I applied for Undergrad Computer Information Systems in a College.

Please I need some clarifications regarding my study permit even though I've already submitted my second application since July 3rd.

I was denied in April for only one reason "based on personal assets and financial status"
Then I used a sponsor that had 10m naira in his account, but now changed to a sponsor that has 37m, affidavit of support, sponsorship letter, statement of purpose, letter of explanation, added with my own account statement (with ballance of 119k) with my registered business name and my inherited landed property documents.

Please I want to know
Will the change of sponsor have any effect on my new application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2020
How's the Canadian visa approval process like? If one writes gre, toefl and secure admission with a university, how easy is getting the visa? I heard canada is very difficult when compared to usa and Germany, can anyone clarify? What's the equivalent naira amount to start the Visa process? What about if I secure a scholarship? Will it be easy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taiwolus: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
UBCcookies:
The program is a 2yrs course with opportunity to be finished in 1yr as long as you fulfil the course load. Will I get 3yrs PGWP if I choose the 1yr path?
From the email they're advising we defer to September 2021 if we choose the 2yrs because we must be present in Canada before applying for co-op work permit or we finish the course within this 1yr.

These school administrator talk in the nonsense sometimes (or intellectually hide the thought behind what they’re trying to say) I have my fair share of experience telling them what to do. It works better and you have to be double sure.

It’d be reasonable if they are asking you to defer because it’d be difficult to get internship positions from Nigeria, but you don’t need to be in Canada to apply for coop work permit. You just need your study permit and a letter from the school.

What is however clear now is that companies are recruiting student online and having them work almost completely remotely.

If you maintain full time student status while you “search for internship positions”, irrespective of if you get a position or not (which is unlikely) then I’d say that you should still get your 3 years PGWP.

Attached is the requirements to apply for a coop work permit.

I should also add that a number of schools accept foreign internship/co-op experience. So you can do your internship in Nigeria!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
Miscellaneous:
How's the Canadian visa approval process like? If one writes gre, toefl and secure admission with a university, how easy is getting the visa? I heard canada is very difficult when compared to usa and Germany, can anyone clarify? What's the equivalent naira amount to start the Visa process? What about if I secure a scholarship? Will it be easy?
read a couple of pages behind maybe from June
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is rather unnecessary and took quick...... there are no notes here just status.

Calm down and keep Praying....

It will end in Praise (d.1st)

Miide2:
hey guys i got my gcms notes back today
can someone please tell me what this means
@frank @anon123 @vibrant99
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2020
The whole Idea of going to Canada makes people produce simpler ways to getting approvals...

Even Jesus will be sincere with you on this issue , only his father in heaven knows the way.

Kiingdomjw:
Hello my respect to everyone. I just joined this group today, my name is Kingdom, I'm 22 years old. I work as a computer graphic designer in a printing press. I applied for Undergrad Computer Information Systems in a College.

Please I need some clarifications regarding my study permit even though I've already submitted my second application since July 3rd.

I was denied in April for only one reason "based on personal assets and financial status"
Then I used a sponsor that had 10m naira in his account, but now changed to a sponsor that has 37m, affidavit of support, sponsorship letter, statement of purpose, letter of explanation, added with my own account statement (with ballance of 119k) with my registered business name and my inherited landed property documents.

Please I want to know
Will the change of sponsor have any effect on my new application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
How much was in the account statement submitted?

Foski01:
Hi Gurus.. I hail o.

So i got my gcms note today and apparently have failed the eligibility stage.

Attached is a snap shot.

1) what if I move the funds from my inlaws account to mine. Will it help?

2) I applied for a PGD because I got a 2.2, why does the VO think that this is not a career progression?
Will explaining to the VO in my next application that the PGD is a prerequisite to ultimately studying a masters suffice for career progression?

4) How soon can I reapply?
Note: my application page is yet to be updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Please which third party company did you use to order the notes?

Miide2:

26th of august
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Meagainstenemy: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
Meagainstenemy:

Boss is the form A limited to one bank or numerous banks? because I was trying to a pay a fee into a schools account, I was told at UBA that the only way to do that is to open a dom account and that CBN suspended western union transfer. How true is this?
Thanks
Please guys, I need answers to the above, the deadline for the payment is on Monday...Which other method can I use to pay to a foreign schools account(Germany) without paying through a domiciliary account.
I anticipate your swift response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
Meagainstenemy:

Please guys, I need answers to the above, the deadline for the payment is on Monday...Which other method can I use to pay to a foreign schools account(Germany) without paying through a domiciliary account.

If you have a Firstbank account , approach any branch and you are good to go.You don't need a dollar account to get it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
sleekcheek:
Please which third party company did you use to order the notes?

get gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Meagainstenemy: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
holluville:

If you have a Firstbank account , approach any branch and you are good to go.You don't need a dollar account to get it done
Thanks for this.I don't have a first bank account but my mum do have one, can I use that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Meagainstenemy:

Thanks for this.I don't have a first bank account but my mum do have one, can I use that?

yes you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hi All,

Please, is Nairobi Visa office still processing study permit for Nigerians? Or which office currently process study permit for Nigerians?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hey everyone, I would advice those still waiting for AIP or that have applied long ago without response yet from IRCC to please order for their GCMS notes so they can know the state of their application. The truth is; majority of the application might have been rejected but they are yet to send in letters to applicants.

I‘ll advice all applicants to do this so as to know what next?

Wishing all applicants God’s favour in their application.

Just my two kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Meagainstenemy:

Sure you can... Just get the funds transferred into it cos that's the account to be debited
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ayodeji786:
Hi All,

Please, is Nairobi Visa office still processing study permit for Nigerians? Or which office currently process study permit for Nigerians?

Thank you.

From communications so far... It is still Nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Meagainstenemy:

I will suggest you use flywire cos you just have Monday to pay..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
holluville:

From communications so far... It is still Nairobi

Wow, still those wicked guys! All is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
Good evening All,
Please i need your advice on home ties issue as regards employment prospects in my home country

Let me try to summarize my question thus; I am currently working with a company which has issued letter of reference.

it was easy getting a letter of reference because this is only handled by HR. so my boss, CFO and my department colleagues are not in the know of my plans.

Now my concerns is study leave letter, to get this letter, this will have to come to the knowledge of my boss and CFO and from past experience about the internal structure of the company, they are not likely to approve, infact , i would be seen as a flight risk as someone that would resign anytime from now which wont be good for my career while still working there. My intention is to break the news to my department when study leave approval has been granted, which is the ideal thing to do.

What do i do about the fact that it would be near impossible to get a study leave letter in my present employment. How do i take care of that part? I have already made moves to get a study leave letter from my dads friends accounting firm to state that i would resuming there immediately after my studies and they have granted approval for me to proceed for my MBA.

Seeing through the eyes of the VO and from your experience, whats your thought sirs and Ma and what i can do to convince the VO? Please note that getting it from my office is already not an option based on reasons above.

I would sincerely appreciate your guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DanielDriz(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
Hello everyone I'm new here
I have a B.ed(business education)degree graduated with 2.1 and i want to get an Msc degree in MIS(managemt info.system) from uniCalgary. What are the possibilities since my aforementioned baccaularate degree is not really related to MIS? What are the possibilities of getting a PGD first before MSc or can someone recommend the best MSc degree that would match my Bsc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.