Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161151 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
says they did not receive it. it was upfront and I sent several emails and raised several webforms with the information sheet within the 30days grace period given to me to go do medicals.still yet to reflect.u know I passed cos i have a copy of my results

quote author=dicedapples post=93896942]

I don’t think they send a mail, is the current status of your application showing “your action is required” or “submitted” ?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
[quote author=Eilenora post=93897397]says they did not receive it. it was upfront and I sent several emails and raised several webforms with the information sheet within the 30days grace period given to me to go do medicals.still yet to reflect.u know I passed cos i have a copy of my results

@eilenora. I have the same exact issue as you, it says my medical results have not been received, but the current status shows “submitted”. I wanted to know if it shows the same for you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Will someone need to write ietls exam before applying for pgd or msc in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
haymekus:
NO,
If u are a NIGERIAN, u don't need an English Test to apply for a PGD or M.SC in Canada,
Ignore it when you see it as an admission requirement for a program of ur interest.

NIGERIA is an English Speaking Country & ur medium of instruction from the University/Polytechnic you graduated from is English etc

IELTS (English Test) for admission in Canada are meant for countries whose language or official language is not ENGLISH e.g India, China, Philippine , Vietnam etc.

Its only when you want to apply for a Canada Permanent Residency (PR) that its highly required of u to do IELTS test

If the school u graduated from is opened (Registrar Office) , U can get an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter from them I.e LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, this is optional though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lekiboboe:

NO,
If u are a NIGERIAN, u don't need an English Test to apply for a PGD or M.SC in Canada,
Ignore it when you see it as an admission requirement for a program of ur interest.

NIGERIA is an English Speaking Country & ur medium of instruction from the University/Polytechnic you graduated from is English etc

IELTS (English Test) for admission in Canada are meant for countries whose language or official language is not ENGLISH e.g India, China, Philippine , Vietnam etc.

Its only when you want to apply for a Canada Permanent Residency (PR) that its highly required of u to do IELTS test

If the school u graduated from is opened (Registrar Office) , U can get an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter from them I.e LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, this is optional though

Alright, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 12:00am On Sep 14, 2020
Hello everyone
Please is there anyone going in to Mcmaster University for a PhD program Winter 2021?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bamaanu: 1:14am On Sep 14, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Hello everyone

I need some advice please.
I deferred my admission from fall 2020 to fall 2021 and I want to inform IRCC through a letter of explanation. My question are as follows:

1. How many pages should the LOE should be?

2. What I should include as the content of the LOE?

3. Is it necessary to include this as one of the actual reason I deferred i.e. the fact that I was interested in the PGWP and I deferred my admission when IRCC first made the rule that the time spent online will not count towards the eligibility for post graduation work permit. And by the time the two stage rule came in, it was too late to retract my admission because classes were full so I had to defer to fall 2021, the next session for my program.

Thank you.

You do not need a letter of explanation. Just send a web form attaching the new letter of admission. This is exactly what happened to me. I deferred admission on the 18th of August, AIP dropped on the 19th. I sent a web form (google webform). You will fill the questionnaire on the webpage and attach your letter. A few days later you will get an acknowledgement from them that they have received your information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Topsonluv(m): 2:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Topsonluv:
Hello house, I need advice on behalf of someone. I'm using myself as the person so as to make the wordings easier.

I'm into a business with a startup manufacturing company as a distributor in partnership with someone whom we share profit and commissions accrued in. The company started last year and has been growing since. I get at least 500k and above per month depending on the sales volume.

I have passion for IT, so I'm planning on going for masters in Canada, Data Science next year...

Meanwhile, if I go for masters I will have to terminate my current opportunity. I'm using money realized from ds business/contract.

I need advice to know which one is better off for future purpose, considering Nigeria economy...

Ur bitter and kindly truth is needed especially from those in Canada or who has the experience.
Thanks to everyone in advance

pls help with this, current age 27�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 4:25am On Sep 14, 2020
dicedapples:

I don’t think they send a mail, is the current status of your application showing “your action is required” or “submitted” ?
Please what does it means when it shows submitted? I haven't done biometrics yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 4:55am On Sep 14, 2020
haymekus:
Nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2020
There is nothing wrong with your application. The delay is as a result of covid-19 they stopped handling paper applications since march. I am in the same boat with you, I applied same day.. They have been some positive news the past week, some paper applicants from February have gotten response. If you haven't deferred to January I think you should.
Miztafrank:
Hello friends. I applied since March 12 and I did my biometrics within same week. Since then no response till date. I did a paper application. Does it mean something is wrong with my application How can I rectify it because I have written twice to them , and they blame it on covid 19 but others are getting response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 7:14am On Sep 14, 2020
Sirromey:
There is nothing wrong with your application. The delay is as a result of covid-19 they stopped handling paper applications since march. I am in the same boat with you, I applied same day.. They have been some positive news the past week, some paper applicants from February have gotten response. If you haven't deferred to January I think you should.

i’m with you too
i applied since march 4th
i ordered gcms notes too.. it showed application in process

let’s keep our fingers crossed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=dicedapples post=93897650][/quote]

Hi DicedApples

The circled shows the date you submitted your online application and nothing more..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 7:33am On Sep 14, 2020
Minah2020:

Please what does it means when it shows submitted? I haven't done biometrics yet.

Hi Minah2020,

The "Submitted" only signifies the date you applied . you have to click "check full application status" to see major updates on your app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2020
I have been trying to sign into my GCkey account, when i click on sign in it does not respond, anyone having similar issues?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Damian457: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2020
Good morning house.
Please I just finished NYSC and I want to apply for study permit. I have no permanent Job yet but my family lives here. How else can I prove ties to Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 9:01am On Sep 14, 2020
holluville:

Hi DicedApples

The circled shows the date you submitted your online application and nothing more..

I don’t think you understand my question, it was your action is required for a month straight, now it’s submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2020
dicedapples:

I don’t think you understand my question, it was your action is required for a month straight, now it’s submitted.
It means they have started to work on your application be more prayerful now. When did you apply and to which school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2020
It is 2 ways!
1. Maybe you were required to upload a requested document which u did or did not till the given time elapsed. (The column would show action required pending the given time frame while u upload then changed to submitted if you upload or the time elapsed without u upload)

2. Maybe your application was opened before and now its received and been worked on.
It simply with my first reason though.

Were u meant to upload a document before?

dicedapples:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2020
dicedapples:

Oh .. Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2020
skull4eva:

It means they have started to work on your application be more prayerful now. When did you apply and to which school?

Thank you, July 1st, to the University of Lethbridge. I was just worried because it says my medical results have not been received, even though I have sent multiple web forms and mails to them. I’m just hoping for the best at this point.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2020
Spotlights:

It is 2 ways!
1. Maybe you were required to upload a requested document which u did or did not till the given time elapsed. (The column would show action required pending the given time frame while u upload then changed to submitted if you upload or the time elapsed without u upload)

2. Maybe your application was opened before and now its received and been worked on.
It simply with my first reason though.

Were u meant to upload a document before?

Yes was sent a medical request, but I did an upfront medical, I have sent multiple web forms and emails regarding it, but changed to we did not receive your medical results. I have reached out to the hospital and they confirmed that it has been sent. I don’t know what else to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2020
We are in the same shoes. Tired of constantly logging in 5x a day to check for update. Still sent another webform last week.
dicedapples:

Yes was sent a medical request, but I did an upfront medical, I have sent multiple web forms and emails regarding it, but changed to we did not receive your medical results. I have reached out to the hospital and they confirmed that it has been sent. I don’t know what else to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2020
holluville:

Hi Minah2020,

The "Submitted" only signifies the date you applied . you have to click "check full application status" to see major updates on your app.

Well I submitted my application July 31st, since then it's being showing your action is required.. Until September 2nd it changes to submitted..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 10:50am On Sep 14, 2020
skull4eva:

Ohhhhh wow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 10:58am On Sep 14, 2020
Mr nwanyiokpa I thought you shared testimony of getting AIP nau
NwanyiOkpa:

Mehn, I tire o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2020
I really don't understand this Canny people.. They're still sending ITA to EE people & giving COPR to immigrants to come in even in this season, but treating study permit applicants anyhow. Is the corona with only students? Na wa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
I really don't understand this Canny people.. They're still sending ITA to EE people & giving COPR to immigrants to come in even in this season, but treating study permit applicants anyhow. Is the corona with only students? Na wa
Those are PRs we are Temporary Residents so of course more priority will be given to them. Also the travel restrictions I think exempts PRs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Anon123:

Wait after September 15.. You will hear the updates on apps with AIP

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
Pimp04:
Mr nwanyiokpa I thought you shared testimony of getting AIP nau

quote it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Savage cheesy cheesy cheesy
NwanyiOkpa:

quote it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.