Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1158911 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

quote it.

Maybe he's being prophetic. Accept it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
S O P

Your SOP is simply Every thing about your application

Your SOP is all about the Questions that is a Disadvantage to your advantage , why this why that?

But the main thing about your SOP is why? You SOP needs to be full of reasons why every thing you have done or doing is a necessity.

WHY Canada

Why Spend So Much

Why not Nigeria

Why is it that Sponsor

Why is that University, Why That Course

Why at this time

why not earlier

Why are you gonna stay behind/come back to Nigeria

why why why why ...... If you construct a format that revolves around Question that begs for answers , Your conclusion will be to ask for a favor to make this a dream come true.

Don't Forget , The reason is the WHY

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
NairaLuck:

grin grin grin grin grin

Lol... Updates incoming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jus4c:

Hello Rock247,

I'm sorry to read about your application refusal. The outcome(result) of ones endeavor often determines the reactions or comments of people. As far as I'm concerned you did a great job in your application based on what you put up there. Those documents were never too many, neither did they make your application too cumbersome. If this application was successful, chances are high that comments such as, 'mhen, this application is really loaded, air-tight,etc.' would be flooding the thread. As a matter of fact, you did very well, just that luck was not on your side at this time. For instance, there was nothing wrong in using more than one source of funds or in using Pension Account(people used it in time past and still got approvals). A very close friend of mine got his application rejected from this same Chinese embassy that treated your application, with very flimsy reasons: travel history ( this guy studied in Europe and returned to Nigeria without breaking any immigration law), course not in alignment with his previous academic and professional experience, which was not true. The reasons for grounds of rejection were completely opposite of his profile with supported documentation. This guy's application was air-tight, trust me, yet he got rejected. My application was not as strong as my friend's nor yours, yet I got accepted: I had no home tie ( wife and three kids on same application), sponsorship information was just a letter from the sponsor and the letter from the bank, stating sponsor's account balance, without the actual bank statement or affidavit of support, my own personal bank statement was a lump sum of money within a month.Despite all these, the application was accepted due to two factors: luck( God's factor),and my current location(applied from outside Africa).
Now, if my application had been rejected, there would be lots of identified 'loopholes' such as,'You should have applied first and add your dependents, 'Why lump sum', 'Why did you sponsor not provide enough documentation for you? Don't be surprised that if @Rocky247 sends this same application with a simply well laid out rebuttal,he may get it depending on the VO that will attend to his application this time around. VO's decisions are highly subjective!
Here is my little piece of advice, re-apply with a strong rebuttal to each of those grounds of refusal still using your initial documents IF YOU WISH. Pray for good luck, and favour, and leave the rest to GOD. You really did well in your application!
This is interesting... God's factor above all factors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PendD: 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello guys,
Do AIP come before bvl?
I just got validation letter. No AIP yet.
Pls what does this mean?

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello everyone..

Pls I've seen people say that I don't necessarily need to write IELTS to apply to Canadian schools for Masters. I have a certificate of proficiency in English from my undergrad school, but I want to find out if it will boost my chances of getting admitted/scholarship in any way?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
PendD:
Hello guys,
Do AIP come before bvl?
Pls what does this mean?

Regards

Did you get a medical request? Have you done your biometrics? Are you sure what you received is a Biometric Validity Letter or collection letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jobia:
Hello everyone..

Pls I've seen people say that I don't necessarily need to write IELTS to apply to Canadian schools for Masters. I have a certificate of proficiency in English from my undergrad school, but I want to find out if it will boost my chances of getting admitted/scholarship in any way?

It won't boost your chances. What matters if you want funding in Canada is your proposed research. Work on that and finetune it to near perfection. Also make sure your grades are great.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
fratermathy:

It won't boost your chances. What matters if you want funding in Canada is your proposed research. Work on that and finetune it to near perfection. Also make sure your grades are great.
OK thanks very much.

For course-based masters though, what are my chances of getting funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jobia:
OK thanks very much.

For course-based masters though, what are my chances of getting funding?

Course-based masters are not usually funded but admission to them is relatively easier to acquire. There may be some entrance scholarships or other dedicated funds but these are limited, without guarantees, dependent on schools/programs, and not usually inclusive of tuition.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Good morning gurus and Egbons in the house.

I have a specific question regarding filling the IMM1294. There is a section that ask if you have ever taking any english test to test your proficiency in english in a desginated testing agency? Click (YES/NO).

Please am i to click Yes or No considering that Nigeria is an English speaking country ? Your though please?

For those who have gone through this process successfully, how did you answer the above?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
fratermathy:

Maybe he's being prophetic. Accept it.

Amen oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
fratermathy:

Course-based masters are not usually funded but admission to them is relatively easier to acquire. There may be some entrance scholarships or other dedicated funds but these are limited, without guarantees, dependent on schools/programs, and not usually inclusive of tuition.
Alrighty.. Appreciate the help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
I really don't understand this Canny people.. They're still sending ITA to EE people & giving COPR to immigrants to come in even in this season, but treating study permit applicants anyhow. Is the corona with only students? Na wa

You better thank God for yourself and other student applicant. There are PR applicants waiting to hear from them since COVID restriction started.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PendD: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Yes, I got the biometric request letter and did the biometric. I was updated on the 11 sept. Pls tell me if any one got AIP before BVL. I have my BVL today. What does it mean?
fratermathy:

Did you get a medical request? Have you done your biometrics? Are you sure what you received is a Biometric Validity Letter or collection letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bamaanu:

Alright,thank you.

You do not need a letter of explanation. Just send a web form attaching the new letter of admission. This is exactly what happened to me. I deferred admission on the 18th of August, AIP dropped on the 19th. I sent a web form (google webform). You will fill the questionnaire on the webpage and attach your letter. A few days later you will get an acknowledgement from them that they have received your information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Alright,thank you!
Anon123:

All you need to do is to send the updated admission letter to IRCC via webform .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
PendD:
Yes, I got the biometric request letter and did the biometric. I was updated on the 11 sept. Pls tell me if any one got AIP before BVL. I have my BVL today. What does it mean?

Historically, getting a BVL without medical request means rejection and the reverse is true if you got the request and passed medicals but let's see your complete timeline first and profile...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
whats your timeline
any medical request?
have you done biometrics?
when did you apply?

p.s. if you have completed those, then congratulations are in order.

PendD:
Hello guys,
Do AIP come before bvl?
Pls what does this mean?

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Spaces are open for October biometrics enrolment now.
Book fast!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
BrightCulture:

Good evening boss

I notice you are more experience in this Fanshawe college admission. Please am new in nairaland and I want to seek admission in Fashawe because I notice they have courses I we love to do. Please can you advice me or be my guidance through this admission of a thing , because I notice you that one needs an agent before one can apply.

Hello boss,

I finished from the college but I am not more experienced. If you need to get admission to the school, you have to contact the International office via their email. You can get this info via the school's website.

With regards admission, there is little I can do. The International office representative will give you the list of their registered agents in Nigeria (please make sure you get this list directly from the school), through which, you will get your admission.

Once you get admission, you can then begin the visa application.

Caveat: The last time I did this was 2018 but I think the admission process is still the same.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hi. Please has anyone here submitted passport to vfs since reopening? How did you go about it? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ome102595: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello gurus in the house,
July applicant with AIP any new development.
My third application backed up with prayer
Submission July 29
AIP August 7
Medical Request August 8
Medical passed August 21
Are IRCC on break or strike because my friend applied the 2 time since April.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
Damian457:
Good morning house.
Please I just finished NYSC and I want to apply for study permit. I have no permanent Job yet but my family lives here. How else can I prove ties to Nigeria?
It will be very hard to prove ties buh there’s nothing impossible. All you have to do is show that the course you’re going for has a very good prospect here in Nigeria and it’s an upgrade to the certificate/degree you already have.
Just make the VO understand that you’re already useful here in your home country and you’ll be more useful in future.
All the bestest Sir/Ma’

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Hello boss,

I finished from the college but I am not more experienced. If you need to get admission to the school, you have to contact the International office via their email. You can get this info via the school's website.

With regards admission, there is little I can do. The International office representative will give you the list of their registered agents in Nigeria (please make sure you get this list directly from the school), through which, you will get your admission.

Once you get admission, you can then begin the visa application.

Caveat: The last time I did this was 2018 but I think the admission process is still the same.

Please how much is the first tuition fee, after you have been offered admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ome102595:
Hello gurus in the house,
July applicant with AIP any new development.
My third application backed up with prayer
Submission July 29
AIP August 7
Medical Request August 8
Medical passed August 21
Are IRCC on break or strike because my friend applied the 2 time since April.

When do your classes commence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Urrch:

Please how much is the first tuition fee, after you have been offered admission?

Often times, admission into most programs in Fanshawe comes with a condition that Tuition deposit of about 2,300 Cad must be paid within 30 days.

However, I think during these Covid times, Fanshawe has been lenient with admission conditions. You may need to find out directly from the school if your program will come with conditions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
BrightCulture:

Thanks so much boss for ur swift response.... I have contacted the school and they gave me agent I can reach out to, which I have done...he charged me 150k for admission and visa processes... But am a little bit scared .....please can you drop ur WhatsApp number because dere is a lot of questions I need to ask please .... ( pls I really need ur advice because am a novice in dis)

Mistake number 1, you put your number on a public forum. What happens if someone contacts you and claims to be me?

Please note, I will never contact you. So if anyone claims to be me, run for your dear life. Please remove your number from this post.

There are several schools in Ontario and all over Canada that you can get admission into without using an agent. I honestly don't know why Fanshawe always ask students to use agents for admission. However, if you insist on getting admission into Fanshawe College, let the agent know that you want to use them strictly for admission. Tell them you will do the visa application yourself.

There is nothing confusing about the visa application process. Once you get admission or while waiting, you can read the first 10 pages of this thread and you should have an idea of all you need. You can then post questions on this thread and the gurus will help you out.

For emphasis, I will never contact you, so if anyone claims to be me, run for your life. Also, please remove your number and never post it again on a public forum.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
librangyps:

Are you saying you cant apply yourself? Or is it mandatory to use an agent to apply?

Pls house, can a friend apply to centennial college himself without use of agent?

Unfortunately, Fanshawe makes it compulsory for International students to use an agent.

If he does not mind, I would suggest he gets admission into schools that don't use agents or use them strictly for admission and run his visa process himself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Informanta: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
15th sept...... Just a stone throw away..... May God have mercy on us and give us passage into canadiorial Heaven that may we not be consumed by the dis earthly world called Nigeria.... Can I get some Amen!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.