Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168151 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Informanta:
15th sept...... Just a stone throw away..... May God have mercy on us and give us passage into canadiorial Heaven that may we not be consumed by the dis earthly world called Nigeria.... Can I get some Amen!!

Don't expect anything to happen immediately. September 15th is only the day they stop processing applications for Fall intakes. This means that anyone who applies for a permit for the Fall term as from this date will be asked to submit a new LoA indicating a new start term. Every other thing will still move as normal. Hopefully, they will then be able to focus on finalising Fall 2020 applicants who got AIPs or who are yet to get it. The process can still linger well into next month if you use the slow pace at which they are working as an indicator.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
Informanta:
15th sept...... Just a stone throw away..... May God have mercy on us and give us passage into canadiorial Heaven that may we not be consumed by the dis earthly world called Nigeria.... Can I get some Amen!!
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Often times, admission into most programs in Fanshawe comes with a condition that Tuition deposit of about 2,300 Cad must be paid within 30 days.

However, I think during these Covid times, Fanshawe has been lenient with admission conditions. You may need to find out directly from the school if your program will come with conditions.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
Gurus in the house please I need help

I have 3 million in my account which will go a long way for my Tuition fee. Tho I am trying to get an extra 3 million and add to the account to cover-up the living expenses.

Now my question is this:

1. Should I go ahead and use self sponsorship or I should get a letter from my parents that they are the ones that fund the account?

2. If I should use my parents as my sponsor, will I still need their statement of account? Why I ask this is because currently, my mom doesn't have any money in her account tho she is the one that transferred the 3 million to me and that the last money in her account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mosco04: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello I'm in a dilemma right now I have everything ready but I heard that Canada are returning students back home I got my student permit before March 18 and school has started I'm confused should I buy flight ticket to travel

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ManitobaNeet: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
mosco04:
Hello I'm in a dilemma right now I have everything ready but I heard that Canada are returning students back home I got my student permit before March 18 and school has started I'm confused should I buy flight ticket to travel

Idk about Canada returning students, but the screenshots below are from the ircc website. Also kinda in the same situation as you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iyowuski: 1:10am On Sep 15, 2020
I'd like to to meet anyone who has successfully applied to university of Regina for graduate school.

Anyone to put me through on the application process
I checked their website.

Must you send the hard copies of official transcript and references?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iyowuski: 1:11am On Sep 15, 2020
[quote author=Sapte post=93538123][/quote]

@bayocanny

Best of luck with your interview.
Please I'd like to contact.
Thanks pm me if you can. I can't get to your profile so as to send a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uchennaafam: 1:13am On Sep 15, 2020
Hello everyone,pls I want to learn more about giving birth in Canada,how much does it cost?and how do I go about it, I want to go to Toronto anyone with any idea should help me out,thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by culkid: 1:56am On Sep 15, 2020
mosco04:

Students that got approval before March the 18th have been coming in. My wife was allowed in towards the ending of last month. Buy your ticket and travel.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by culkid: 1:58am On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 6:30am On Sep 15, 2020
When you get any update please announce �. So our faith can increase.
Miide2:

i’m with you too
i applied since march 4th
i ordered gcms notes too.. it showed application in process

let’s keep our fingers crossed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 6:36am On Sep 15, 2020
Its same. I asked them last year when I was about applying. Its seamless. Two weeks max after applying you should get a feedback .
Naijaforeigner:

Hello boss,

I finished from the college but I am not more experienced. If you need to get admission to the school, you have to contact the International office via their email. You can get this info via the school's website.

With regards admission, there is little I can do. The International office representative will give you the list of their registered agents in Nigeria (please make sure you get this list directly from the school), through which, you will get your admission.

Once you get admission, you can then begin the visa application.

Caveat: The last time I did this was 2018 but I think the admission process is still the same.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:51am On Sep 15, 2020
Behold 15th of September, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Behold 15th of September, 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 7:39am On Sep 15, 2020
Please I need answers for below questions to help me fill IMM1294:

1. Should I input total program fees on the column for Program Tuition or should I state only the Tuition amount+ Int'l fee differential?

2. How do I determine the program end date as it was neither stated on the Offer Letter nor Acceptance letter?

3. My parents are late. Should I also fill them in my family information? If yes, will I need to get their Death Certificates? And what should I choose as their Marital Status: "Physically Married", "Married" or "Widowed"?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2020
[quote author=Onweke post=93939056][/quote]
Yes it should be up by 11am or 12

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:14am On Sep 15, 2020
mosco04:
Kindly note this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BrightCulture: 9:05am On Sep 15, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Mistake number 1, you put your number on a public forum. What happens if someone contacts you and claims to be me?

Please note, I will never contact you. So if anyone claims to be me, run for your dear life. Please remove your number from this post.

There are several schools in Ontario and all over Canada that you can get admission into without using an agent. I honestly don't know why Fanshawe always ask students to use agents for admission. However, if you insist on getting admission into Fanshawe College, let the agent know that you want to use them strictly for admission. Tell them you will do the visa application yourself.

There is nothing confusing about the visa application process. Once you get admission or while waiting, you can read the first 10 pages of this thread and you should have an idea of all you need. You can then post questions on this thread and the gurus will help you out.

For emphasis, I will never contact you, so if anyone claims to be me, run for your life. Also, please remove your number and never post it again on a public forum.

Thanks for the headup and I also appreciate your concern....pls I want to ask, the 2years postgraduate diploma I want to apply for in Fanshawe required a degree or a 2years diploma.... Does that mean I can use my OND certificate to apply for it? And can admission be giving to me with just OND certificate?.... Because right now my Bsc cert/transcript is still on pending due to the covid-19 pandemic and I want to use my OND to apply. Pls I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 15, 2020
BrightCulture:

Thanks for the headup and I also appreciate your concern....pls I want to ask, the 2years postgraduate diploma I want to apply for in Fanshawe required a degree or a 2years diploma.... Does that mean I can use my OND certificate to apply for it? And can admission be giving to me with just OND certificate?.... Because right now my Bsc cert/transcript is still on pending due to the covid-19 pandemic and I want to use my OND to apply. Pls I need your advice
lol how can you use waec to apply for a post graduate diploma it’s not possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BrightCulture: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2020
Tonyodg:

Not Waec my brother....pls read well. I said OND(ordinary national diploma) Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2020
Tonyodg:
You're very correct
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:33am On Sep 15, 2020
BrightCulture:

In your certificate or statement of result is it written as Ordinary National Diploma or National Diploma?
Stop downgrading your result.

For admission for PGD/C most times they say "A degree' or a 2years or 3years post secondary education in a related field.

Now from my understanding your ND qualification comes with a 1year IT.
If you did your IT and your ND result is in Upper Credit level then you should be admitted. But take note of how competitive your school and course is to know if you get hope.

If your school requires and agent to apply, then the agent has the best answer based on the directive from the college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2020
BrightCulture:

Not Waec my brother....pls read well. I said OND(ordinary national diploma) Thanks
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2020
In my case, I chose yet. Then I added waec as the proof of English

olasubomy:
Good morning gurus and Egbons in the house.

I have a specific question regarding filling the IMM1294. There is a section that ask if you have ever taking any english test to test your proficiency in english in a desginated testing agency? Click (YES/NO).

Please am i to click Yes or No considering that Nigeria is an English speaking country ? Your though please?

For those who have gone through this process successfully, how did you answer the above?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vosquare: 11:19am On Sep 15, 2020
A friend was just denied visa and this was the reason.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

He said his letter wasn't convincing enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2020
BrightCulture:

Yes pls.. U can use an OND certificate but where you will have issues is visa stage. The year you got the ond and now is how many years, how do you defend the gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2020
vosquare:
A friend was just denied visa and this was the reason.

He said his letter wasn't convincing enough

Is his bsc course related to the intended course ?

What level of program is he going for? Diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloride6: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2020
Can N5m run this Canda package?

I'm asking for my sis...

Currently trying to book IELTS for her. I think she will write the academic one then.

But she studied Mass Comm in Nigeria, graduated with 2.1. She wants to do something journalism related and then settle there.

That's why I'm asking if 5m can run the package.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2020
chloride6:
Can N5m run this Canda package?

I'm asking for my sis...

Currently trying to book IELTS for her. I think she will write the academic one then.

But she studied Mass Comm in Nigeria, graduated with 2.1. She wants to do something journalism related and then settle there.

That's why I'm asking if 5m can run the package.

Thanks

No it can not work with 5m. You need your tuition fee for a year plus $10,000 living expenses to be in your account. I doubt converted to naira it is less than 5m. You need more. IELTS is not required for canadian education for Nigerians .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uchennaafam: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone,pls someone should help me out,how much does it cost for someone who wants to give birth in Canada, what is the process like? Can the child obtain instant citizenship card,pls help me ASAP,thank you alll kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.