Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161211 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2020
oreafe:
thank you so much.

I am looking at those universities right away.
@lekiboboe please help me find cheap schools for masters in communication or international development biko.

i paid just 4200 cad. I didnt know the tuition was that much at the time. TBH

Thank you so much for all these insights, they will be very helpful for the next few steps

Can we pursue express entry and student visa at the same time?

Hi Oreafe,

So sorry bout your refusal

Actually I don't know of cheap skools

As Suggested by @Chocs, go for a thesis-based program which has funding opportunities (Full or Partial) & as regards that, for Academic/Career Progression Sake, u alrdy av a Masters, a PH.D in a " peace studies and conflict resolution" related program should be what u should go for.

You can google, check out the following schools and do a research on them

- PhD in International Affairs
Carleton University, Ontario

- PhD International Development Studies
University of Guelph, Ontario

- PhD in International Development
University of Ottawa, Ontario

- PhD in International Development Studies
Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia

- PhD in Global Governance
Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario

- PhD in Global Governance
University of Waterloo, Ontario

- Ph.D. in Political Science
University of Toronto, Ontario

Go thru the following Content (Helpful Tools To Gain Masters/PH.D Admission & Possible Funding),

Visit the Link below for tips on
- GETTING A SUPERVISOR AND POSSIBLE, FUNDING (Based on Experience of a Nairalander)

- TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D (Part 1 & 2)

- What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School Admission (M.SC/PHD), Funding in Canada & US

- How to write a compelling SOP for Graduate school

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pseermuhel(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2020
starkyniichan:

Yep, Letter of acceptance is the same thing as admission letter. When I had this same issue all I did was message the school for a new one and sent it to them

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2020
Good morning to the gurus on here. I'll be needing a genuine advice from anyone with vast knowledge. Please kindly forgive my ignorance and help out if you can.
I intend starting my Canadian journey as well but the issue is I graduate on a third class cgpa of 2.07,Biochemistry. Although, I also featured and co-authored a project that was published. I really don't know if I stand a chance to gain an admission for an M. SC or Post graduate studies in any health related field. Please I really need to be enlightened so as to set my foot on the right track.

I remain loyal and willing to learn. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2020
Naughtyvirgin:
Good morning to the gurus on here. I'll be needing a genuine advice from anyone with vast knowledge. Please kindly forgive my ignorance and help out if you can.
I intend starting my Canadian journey as well but the issue is I graduate on a third class cgpa of 2.07,Biochemistry. Although, I also featured and co-authored a project that was published. I really don't know if I stand a chance to gain an admission for an M. SC or Post graduate studies in any health related field. Please I really need to be enlightened so as to set my foot on the right track.

I remain loyal and willing to learn. Thanks
Hi Honorable Naughty Virgin,

You only possibly stand a Chance in a PG. Cert Program, you don't stand a Chance in M.SC

Check out
PG. Cert in Health Analytics
Cambrian College, Sudbury
ONTARIO
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/hagc/

PG. Cert in Advance Care Paramedic
Cambrian College, Sudbury
ONTARIO
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/appd/

Also u can check out Environmental Related PG.Cert programs that has components of Biology, Chemistry

The likes of,

Cambrian College
@Sudbury , Ontario
Environmental Monitoring & impact Assessment (EMPD)
Fall 2021 intake

https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/

https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/#falltext

Also, Google
Algonquin College
@Pembroke, Ontario
Environmental Management & Assessment
Has Winter 2021, May 2021 & Fall 2021 intakes

Niagara College
Niagara on the Lake, ONTARIO,
Environmental Management & Assessment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2020
oreafe:
Thank you so much guys.

Hello Choc.

I am 33, married with two children and fully employed. I studied history and international relations from a private Uni in Naija. I was going for a 2 years masters but i have a masters in peace studies and conflict resolution from NOUN. I graduated from my masters this year but from my B.A in 2010. we submitted aaallll possible documents and extra. landed properties, intro letters from banks, a senior colleague, and other business and employment documents. I have 10000 us dollars in my dom account and i submitted that statement. my annual tuition is 17m in naira.
my sponsor also submitted his payslip and letter of employment and business registration documents.

Gurus please i need your advise.
Since I am also looking to restrategise, please share ideas on cheapest schools in canada.

I have started the process of getting the GCMS notes. so fingers crossed.

My PR points dont look too great.

Hi Oraofe,

i had earlier responded that i am also in university of Ottawa and got my study permit approved whilst having an active express entry profile.
Just like you, i am 32 with a Masters from an Australian University and several years work experience.

if i may ask, what course in University of Ottawa is 17m? I opted for a 12 months short duration Masters which was 9m ish, showed proof of funds of only 12 m from both my personal accounts and my company accounts attaching my cac documents.

i applied 17th August and received approval on the 18th September. did my medical upfront, paid tuition fee of $8600 for fall semester, mailed nairobi and raised webform to attach it.As soon as i sent these, eligibility review started and i got aip to begin studies online.

you also need to let us know what you indicated in your sop as that is very important.

the international students office in University of Ottawa holds an emergency immigration session every thursday at 2;30 nigerian time . you should take advantage of it

let me know if you need any help.

by the way, i was offered a position in the faculty with a pay of $48 per hour after submitting some assignments and scoring high. i am studying from home online and will be earning enough to cover my costs of tuition.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mikolo24: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2020
Hi frankrobbn1,

I sent you an email. Please reply so I can discuss my situation with you . I just got a refusal letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
Tobyy10:
Goodday y’all..i received a letter saying my statement of account is fraudulent (Which ais mot true)and was given a period of time to reply to this misrepresentation.. any advice on what to do and go about it?

Woww! Who owns the account? Is it yours or your sponsors? If it belongs to your sponsor you cannot guarantee it. If it belongs to you, you may need to request cover letter from your bank along with the same statement for that duration that you initially sent. Such cover letters was about 3,500Naira some years back, i don't know how much it is now. You may plead with your sponsor to obtain that cover letter from the bank. I think thats the way to authenticate it. Others may suggest otherwise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Tobyy10:

The statement are for my parents(mum and dad) and yes they got it by themselves; each page was stamped and signed and sum amount have been removed since after i submitted for their personal businesses

How much was in the account previously and then how much was remaining in the account after your parents withdrew it? Are you sure the money was not withdrawn before the VO could verify it? Some people think that accounts are not verified... I used to think likewise, i even thought it was illegal. But i spoke with a banker who told me that in years past that it wasn't the norm, but that now they do give that information when requested. I dont know wether its all banks, So we should all be careful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pseermuhel(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2020
Akannitommy:
I will advise you to ask your school to defer until Fall 2021, if possible. So your June 2021 is still the best you have now. January 2021 is not sure. My school already confirmed that Winter 2021 will be done online.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
Faithyyyyy:

Hi Oraofe,

i had earlier responded that i am also in university of Ottawa and got my study permit approved whilst having an active express entry profile.
Just like you, i am 32 with a Masters from an Australian University and several years work experience.

if i may ask, what course in University of Ottawa is 17m? I opted for a 12 months short duration Masters which was 9m ish, showed proof of funds of only 12 m from both my personal accounts and my company accounts attaching my cac documents.

i applied 17th August and received approval on the 18th September. did my medical upfront, paid tuition fee of $8600 for fall semester, mailed nairobi and raised webform to attach it.As soon as i sent these, eligibility review started and i got aip to begin studies online.

you also need to let us know what you indicated in your sop as that is very important.

the international students office in University of Ottawa holds an emergency immigration session every thursday at 2;30 nigerian time . you should take advantage of it

let me know if you need any help.

by the way, i was offered a position in the faculty with a pay of $48 per hour after submitting some assignments and scoring high. i am studying from home online and will be earning enough to cover my costs of tuition.

Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
Good afternoon to everyone in this great group . I am looking for a one year masters programme in a health related field . I got a 2.1 , my cgpa was 3.50 in human physiology for my first degree. Your advice will be duly appreciated. Thank you .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
MamaIva:
Good afternoon to everyone in this great group . I am looking for a one year masters programme in a health related field . I got a 2.1 , my cgpa was 3.50 in human physiology for my first degree. Your advice will be duly appreciated. Thank you .
Check out
Masters of Public Health (12 Months Duration)
@ Western Ontario University,
London, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hello Mamalva,

1 year master’s programs are not very common.

But check this out

https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/Healthandsafety.php

Please also think of ways that your previous degree and/or work experience is related to the course, for visa purposes.

All the best

MamaIva:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Threeo: 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hi frankrobbn1 and to all gurus in the house!

Kindly help/advice me on which school to apply for a PGD. I have an HND in computer science with lower credit. Kindly advise if studying will be possible for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thank you , i appreciate.

Lekiboboe:

Check out
@ Western Ontario University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thank you very much

Chocs:
Hello Mamalva,

1 year master’s programs are not very common.

But check this out

https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/Healthandsafety.php

Please also think of ways that your previous degree and/or work experience is related to the course, for visa purposes.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
So I just checked it out and I will like to apply to the school for their next intake, please can you guide me on applying . Cant seem to find the place to apply on their website

Lekiboboe:

Check out
@ Western Ontario University,
London, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
MamaIva:
So I just checked it out and I will like to apply to the school for their next intake, please can you guide me on applying . Cant seem to find the place to apply on their website

I actually don't know about the Application Process

But the link below have all the guide u need for the Application Process

https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/publichealth/future_students/application_process.html

You can also mail the school for more information

publichealth@schulich.uwo.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hello Mamalva

Just click on the link @Lekiboboe posted. Then click on online (I circled it with a red pen in the picture below) then you should click on “create account” and you can start your application process.

You can also see the admission requirements and documents in the link.

All the best

Lekiboboe:

https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/publichealth/future_students/application_process.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thank you so much.

quote author=Lekiboboe post=94502688]

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
I appreciate

Lekiboboe:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2020
Conestoga College
New Brunswick Community College

Threeo:

Kindly help/advice me on which school to apply for a PGD. I have an HND in computer science with lower credit. Kindly advise if studying will be possible for me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2020
SKEPTA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
Threeo:

Check the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/262#93202016

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hello Tobyy10,

If your SOA is genuine then you have nothing to worry about. This is not the first time IRCC have questioned the authenticity of applicants SOA. I know at least 2 people in Canada the same thing happened to.

Do exactly what Dommakavelli suggested and you will be fine.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Informanta: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
No matter what it will take me I will never end in Nigeria

I have a private concern pls

@Justmellow

@Frankrobbn

@Chocs

@Osemigho

@Frathermathy

Pls I need your urgent advice I can't seem to send p.m request from my end as I am limited to just one pls kindly p.m me from your end.... I am grateful in view....

Almighty God no go shame us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
MamaIva:
I appreciate

U r welcome Mamalva
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Informanta:
No matter what it will take me I will never end in Nigeria

I have a private concern pls

@Justmellow

@Frankrobbn

@Chocs

@Osemigho

@Frathermathy

Pls I need your urgent advice I can't seem to send p.m request from my end as I am limited to just one pls kindly p.m me from your end.... I am grateful in view....

Almighty God no go shame us

what a wawu. so you come to a public forum where everyone is here to learn , then start asking people to message you for your personal problems abi. i like your guts. if everyone here starts doing that will you see a forum to participate in?
welldone though. i like your entitlement mentality . like you are paying them to work for you ba

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
Naijaforeigner:
Hello Tobyy10,

If your SOA is genuine then you have nothing to worry about. This is not the first time IRCC have questioned the authenticity of applicants SOA. I know at least 2 people in Canada the same thing happened to.

Do exactly what Dommakavelli suggested and you will be fine.

All the best.

Okay thank you: i appreciate all the responses��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by emenadike: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Pls am begging I know that am not supposed to post this on this thread but pls pardon me.

I applied for visiting visa from Nigeria in March5 2020 paper route, after a long waiting for decision, I applied for Gcms note which I received on 30 September.

eligibility : review required
criminality: pass
information sharing: in progress

VO note said name of the application changed: old value(s) John, Praise Benson.1979, male, surulere/ lagos state Nigeria. new value(s) John, Praise. 1979, male, surulere/ lagos state Nigeria.

Pls pls my people what document should I send to address the concern of the VO. pls help thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57