Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168026 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
[quote author=sneagolben post=94533299][/quote]tes you can to ahead and do an upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chloe3,

From what seem to be stated in the VO's notes, the two point refusal reasons should be critically addressed using the concerns in the notes. All what seems to be done is try to rework and improve more on the letter. The raised concerns should be properly spelt out. You may want to look out how your personal funds too.

The cost of your education is way to high and there should be need to tell the VO how the cost is intended to be offset and its benefits that warrants a whooping 25k for a certificate program.

Hint:

1. Address your HT from an economic standpoint and ensure to demonstrate good level of establishment in your CoR or HC. Don't just dump any document.

2. Focus on improving your letter. This should properly explain the purpose of any added documents and the economical benefit of the course towards your career or current place of work (if you are not underemployed).

3. Address your financial status. Demonstrate that aside your sister's funds, you are capable of meeting certain of your financial needs especially your LE. Include your BS.

25k is a whole lot of money, at least make a payment to your prospect DLI.

All the best

Thank you very much for your response. I didn't present my personal account initially because i do empty it before the month runs out through other investment platforms I'm involved with. And my payment ain't always regular and mostly from my boss account because of high charges on company account. Truth is my sister is my sole sponsor and i can't afford it without her support. I earn just 200k. And if my company dont have a project to execute we get paid 70k. I paid a 2650 CAD as tuition deposit already and my admission is for January intake.

Please help me to understand most of your abbreviations.
HT
CoR
HC
BS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by amobola: 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hi guys. Still need more input this. Thanks
amobola:
Hi guys, for someone that has B.sc in Economics, M.sc in global governance & years of banking experience, what course/ school can be recommended that doesn't require GRE and also shows logical progression in career. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
"Held" simply means you should outline all the positions you have held since you got your appointment. I am a civil servant too and what I did is to write out the title of positions I have held from one promotion to the other and their respective dates since after appointment.

silvamania:
Please ooo

Am a civil servant applying for study permit into Canada

That form for temporary resident permit applications where they said have u ever held any government position

Will I need to fill this form cause am confuse with the world “”held”” cause am still active at work

Pls advice me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello JustMellow

Thanks for pointing that out.

I got this information (about 3-4K for others) from the RCIC I had a consultation with. Like you’ve mentioned, there’s no fixed format. Everyone can go with what they feel most comfortable with.

All the best.

JustMellow:

Hello Chocs,

In contribution to this, the bolded isn't a compulsory requirement. The 10k covers LE and other sundry needs. People only do this out of discretion and not doing this has no consequences for as long as the stated funds doesn't outweigh the Total Available Funds.

The extra 3 or 4k can as well be included to the Room and Board making it either 13 or 14k while the Other column remains blank. Note that there is no specified format in filling out this section.

I always find your posts interesting and insightful.

One love and Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
remzor:
thanks for ur swift response bro. The school fees are on the high side. Do u think I should go for express entry ?
I are welcome..

Hmmm, alright

As regards Express Entry, That i can't tell, It all depends on your CRS Score

Explore the
Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program thread in the link below on how you can check ur CRS Score and some other vital information on Express Entry

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by smarteyez313(m): 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello greatminds,
I really want to know if a business owned with CAC certification is enough for HT after denial due to the reason alone?

If not, can anyone help list other strong ties suggested aside from having family or landed property... Thanks fam.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by elmogaji(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
[quote author=justwise post=88883946][/quote]

I got admitted to study Bachelor of commerce in Healthcare management at Humber college and it requires that I pay a tuition deposit of about $9,525 CAD, which is the equivalent of first semester tuition, and it must be received by the college on/or Nov 11, my question is I can only afford to make about $2000 CAD at the moment, please am I wasting my time or I should go ahead and make the payment, and submit my application at the embassy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
skull4eva:
@vibrant 99 @fattermathy @osemigho @ frankrobben please i received my GCMS notes sept 15th and i saw the refusal reasons which i posted here to and i was advised accordingly, I have differed to winter 2021 but till now i have not got the official IRCC Mail for the refusal and i need to reapply as soon as possible. What can i do?

1. Relax and work on your reapplication.

2. send letter clarifying your application via Webform.

You have to choose which work best for you. All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello sneagolben

Yes, you can do an upfront medical. You’ll get a slip from the clinic after the exam and you have to upload the slip with your application under the section for upfront medical. If you do the exam after your application has been submitted then you’ll need to send the form via webform and/or email to IRCC.

For more information about medical exams for study permits (study visa) please see the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

To see the available places (approved panel physicians) for medical examinations in Nigeria, please see

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

All the best

[quote author=sneagolben post=94533299][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
elmogaji:

I got admitted to study Bachelor of commerce in Healthcare management at Humber college and it requires that I pay a tuition deposit of about $9,525 CAD, which is the equivalent of first semester tuition, and it must be received by the college on/or Nov 11, my question is I can only afford to make about $2000 CAD at the moment, please am I wasting my time or I should go ahead and make the payment, and submit my application at the embassy?

What’s your past and current academic and employment profile? Who do you plan to be sponsor, what do they earn, and what do they do?

You have to provide your full profile. The fact that you can’t afford your tuition deposit/first semester tuition is already a red flag. We will need more information to advise you better. Paying your tuition deposit does not guarantee visa and you have to make sure it is refundable if don’t get a visa.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MShud: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
I really don't know where to start from, I need serious help God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello elmogaji
It is best to ask your college.

But without the deposit, it’s possible your admission can be revoked. And it might affect your visa application. So please send an email to the college

All the best
elmogaji:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by elmogaji(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
Chocs:
Hello elmogaji
It is best to ask your college.

But without the deposit, it’s possible your admission can be revoked. And it might affect your visa application. So please send an email to the college

All the best

Thank u ma, I should explain to my college the amount I can afford to pay at the moment ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello,
I meant ask them what will happen if you don’t pay the full requested money by the deadline (that’s if it’s not already stated in the letter you got) ask if your admission would be revoked/ cancelled without the full payment by the deadline. If they say yes, then you shouldn’t apply for the visa without paying the requested amount by the deadline.

All the best
elmogaji:

Thank u ma, I should explain to my college the amount I can afford to pay at the moment ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello Mshud

What do you need help with?

MShud:
I really don't know where to start from, I need serious help God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello smarteyez313

I’m not sure anyone can tell you what would be enough. It all depends on the visa officer. People can only advice you on what you could use. Whether that would be enough or not, depends on your situation and the visa officer.

Home ties can be social or economic. Business, land or houses, other valuable properties, family members, partner(if married), your children, a great job (get a study leave letter that states you will be taken back on your return), community involvement and volunteering. That’s all I can think of for now

All the best
smarteyez313:
Hello greatminds,
I really want to know if a business owned with CAC certification is enough for HT after denial due to the reason alone?

If not, can anyone help list other strong ties suggested aside from having family or landed property... Thanks fam.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by scaezar: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello please i got a PFA(Procedural fairness letter) in April concerning my application, which i responded to.
Since then till now, i haven't heard anything from them.
Should i chill? Or try to contact them?
Can anybody help with this?
If im gonna have to try and contact them, how do i do that please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello chloe3

HT - home ties
CoR - country of residence
HC - home country
BS - bank statement
LE - living expenses
DLI - designated learning institution
chloe3:

Thank you very much for your response. I didn't present my personal account initially because i do empty it before the month runs out through other investment platforms I'm involved with. And my payment ain't always regular and mostly from my boss account because of high charges on company account. Truth is my sister is my sole sponsor and i can't afford it without her support. I earn just 200k. And if my company dont have a project to execute we get paid 70k. I paid a 2650 CAD as tuition deposit already and my admission is for January intake.

Please help me to understand most of your abbreviations.
HT
CoR
HC
BS

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello scaezar

My suggestion is for you to order your GCMS notes. With the note, you would be able to see what’s going on with your application and see if the visa officer has made any comment on your file. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have someone in Canada, they can order it for you too, it will cost them $5 cad.

Also, you may place a call (this is stressful and I do not really recommend it), send an email or webform to ask them about any update.

Call (when calling from outside of Canada): 1.613. 944.4000.

Email (nairobi@international.gc.ca, nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca)
Please state your application number, UCI number, full name and date of birth as it is on your application in the email.

For webform, please find the link below. Choose “my application is being processed outside Canada” for the office processing it, choose “Nairobi Kenya” if you applied from Nigeria.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Finally, wait for the input of others in the house

All the best

scaezar:
Hello please i got a PFA(Procedural fairness letter) in April concerning my application, which i responded to.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
smarteyez313:
Hello greatminds,

There is a strong home tie that people almost never talked about - job prospects!

Imagine you applied to study account or financial related courses in Canada and you write a future milestone target in your SOP, targeting to become the CBN governor once you complete your study.

This is particularly exciting because, to hold this position, you need workplace experience in Nigeria, a master's degree and an international qualification will definitely be an icing on the cake.

No doubt, to fulfil this goal, you must come back to Nigeria, work in Nigeria and of course use your advance degree.

I believe, if well utilized, every application with distinct study goal can capitalize on this academic, skill, and career driven home ties.

Regards.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Natase: 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
Greetings everyone,

please has anyone gotten AIP, but no Medical Request?.

applied - June 10
biometric request - June 11
biometric done - August 7
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello Natase

Did you apply from Nigeria? What is showing on your GC account under medicals?

Have you thought of ordering your GCMS notes to see what’s happening with your application?

All the best
Natase:
Greetings everyone,

please has anyone gotten AIP, but no Medical Request?.

applied - June 10
biometric request - June 11
biometric done - August 7
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Natase: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Natase

Did you apply from Nigeria? What is showing on your GC account under medicals?

Have you thought of ordering your GCMS notes to see what’s happening with your application?

All the best

hello @chocs

On my GC account the medical is showing " you don't need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes."

I applied from Turkey

I ordered for GCMS note on Wednesday, still waiting for it.
I also sent webform same Wednesday. still waiting for reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
elmogaji:

I will advise against going further with this. This is why

Following your write up, it shows If you pay $9,525cad, you won't have enough to show you can cover the balance for the tuition plus 10,000cad living expenses.
Hope you have familiarized yourself with the schools refund otherwise how will you pay such a huge amount with no guarantees of visa approval.

I will advice you consider Conestoga college with a tuition deposit of $1250cad.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
elmogaji:

I am not 100% sure this will work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
scaezar:

I want to ask you one question.

Are you 100% sure your documents are genuine, none is fake. If yes, you have nothing to worry about. If no, sorry but its likely you will get a 5yr ban from applying to canada.

You can apply for your gcms note to know what's delaying your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FundRaiserNg: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
I am preparing to apply for student visa. I would like to have my wife and 2 kids join me as soon as possible. I am thinking of the following.

1. Apply for a visitor's visa for my wife and two kids immediately my visa is issued, so that they can join me, atleast one month after my travel.

Please advice if this plan is achievable or are there bottle necks that could hinder this strategy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
FundRaiserNg:
I am preparing to apply for student visa. I would like to have my wife and 2 kids join me as soon as possible. I am thinking of the following.

1. Apply for a visitor's visa for my wife and two kids immediately my visa is issued, so that they can join me, atleast one month after my travel.

Please advice if this plan is achievable or are there bottle necks that could hinder this strategy?

Why not apply for first alone, use your family as your hometies.

When you get there, you apply for a spousal work permit for your wife whixh Also includes your kids.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
smarteyez313:
Hello greatminds,

The bolded is a hometie..
Your family is a hometie
Properties except a car is a hometie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FundRaiserNg: 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
Anon123:

Why not apply for first alone, use your family as your hometies.

When you get there, you apply for a spousal work permit for your wife whixh Also includes your kids.

I actually intend applying alone. Then put in their application for a visitor's visa even while still in naija. Then travel and bring them in after one month.

However, please how long does spousal work permit take to process? What are the chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
FundRaiserNg:

I actually intend applying alone. Then put in their application for a visitor's visa even while still in naija. Then travel and bring them in after one month.

However, please how long does spousal work permit take to process? What are the chances?

Its unknown now considering the pandemic. Even SP timeline is unknown. My guy applied for the wife, on her gcms note it has been approved and medicals done but since then. Nothing from CIC.
Focus on getting there first, every other will come in slowly. Why not use a spousal work permit which is better than a visit visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66