Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1164941 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by remzor(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
Good day everyone! I don’t even know where to start from. I’m 31, an accountant. Studied accounting, with a 3.25 cgpa. The issue here is, the schools have been coming across in Canada are too expensive. I’m looking for a school that offer master of finance for like 7k cad annually. Any one with a suggestion pls? And if possible too, the school requirements. Thanks in anticipation!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikjosh04: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Faithyyyyy:

Hi Oraofe,

i had earlier responded that i am also in university of Ottawa and got my study permit approved whilst having an active express entry profile.
Just like you, i am 32 with a Masters from an Australian University and several years work experience.

Hi Faithyy, I'll like to know why you optioned for another post graduate program in Canada after completing your Msc in Australia?

Why didn't you go the Pr route after the Msc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
remzor:
Good day everyone! I don’t even know where to start from. I’m 31, an accountant. Studied accounting, with a 3.25 cgpa. The issue here is, the schools have been coming across in Canada are too expensive. I’m looking for a school that offer master of finance for like 7k cad annually. Any one with a suggestion pls? And if possible too, the school requirements. Thanks in anticipation!
Hi honorable remzor,

I doubt if you will get any at such amount, but u can await other response as regards that...

Your CGPA ain't sufficient for an M.SC, 2nd Class Upper is the Minimum requirement for Masters in Canada

A PGD or PG. Cert in Accounting or relating program is your best Shot

Check the link below for Schools (Universities) offering PGD in Accounting programs, google them one after the other & check for their their respective International Tuition
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Graduate+level+certificate%2Fdiploma&program_language=ENGLISH

You can also check the link below for Colleges in ONTARIO province offering PG.Cert Programs in Accounting, google them one after the other & also check for their respective International Tuition
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=accounting&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

Finally,
Google the following Graduate Programs (Post Baccalaureate & Post Degree Diplomas) in Accounting Programs at BRITISH COLUMBIA schools

- Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting
@Okanagan College, Kelowna, British Columbia

@Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia

@Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey, British Columbia

- Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting (PDD-A)
@Langara College, Vancouver, British Columbia

- Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting Studies
@Douglas College, New Westminster, British Columbia

- Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting & Finance
@Douglas College, New Westminster, British Columbia

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
That's fine. people's place of birth change too. Someone's place of birth change from Otuoke south to just Otuoke and nothing happened. If the VO is worried about anything, then go ask you. But they no ask anything. So you're good.

emenadike:

Pls am begging I know that am not supposed to post this on this thread but pls pardon me.

I applied for visiting visa from Nigeria in March5 2020 paper route, after a long waiting for decision, I applied for Gcms note which I received on 30 September.

eligibility : review required
criminality: pass
information sharing: in progress

VO note said name of the application changed: old value(s) John, Praise Benson.1979, male, surulere/ lagos state Nigeria. new value(s) John, Praise. 1979, male, surulere/ lagos state Nigeria.

Pls pls my people what document should I send to address the concern of the VO. pls help thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
Tobyy10:
Goodday y’all..i received a letter saying my statement of account is fraudulent (Which ais mot true)and was given a period of time to reply to this misrepresentation.. any advice on what to do and go about it?

Tobyy, Can you try get another copy of the statement from your bank with the same period with a reference letter from the bank backing it up, please use that as a proof to support your evidence as you respond to them.

If the bank statement you submited is genuinue, the best is to liase with your bank to have a strong response, i am sure the embassy will contact the bank for confirmation.

Thats my thought, the gurus in the house may have a better option.

All the very best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Hi Faithyy, I'll like to know why you optioned for another post graduate program in Canada after completing your Msc in Australia?

Why didn't you go the Pr route after the Msc?

Hi IK, i hadn’t considered any form of migration until early this year as i intend to pursue a phd subsequently . Canada came as a top choice after i visited twice last year.That’s why i am in the EE pool and explained it in my sop as per the dual intent rules so the V.O could understand. thankfully it worked for me as i was tempted to delete my profile. my scores will hopefully fetch me an ita in upcoming draws.

however , i also know that education is one of the best pathways to migrate through. transitioning from my second masters into a PHD should also be easier within the same institution as against trying from overseas .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2020
Bless you bro.. I'm indebted to you for taking your time out to answer me and also for the links.. Once again thank you

[quote author=Lekiboboe post=94495265]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by princejunaid(m): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Vslayer:

I want to apply for fall 2021..postgraduate diploma. Pls do they require ielts from Nigerians

Thanks
no they don't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gbadeolu1: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
Jamaticulus:
The first question that came to my mind was "why not apply from China". The visa application abroad is usually pretty straightforward, especially as a funded student. I had to read your post again and I felt you are back in the country already. Congrats on your award to USask and Miss. S&T wink . Like @Fratermathy said, keep the application simple and indicate clearly that you are fully funded. You would be perfectly fine. Goodluck

Thank you for the encouragement. I will try and keep my application as simple as necessary.

I'm surprised you know more about me. lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
Evening NL,

Please anyone to help me review my SOP

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Luckymama:

Lol. Stay there and be forming voltron defender of the universe for what you don’t know. Are you aware that some of the “gurus” on this thread are actually business people? It is when you contact them outside the thread for help that they inform you there services are not for free.

He can very well have an arrangement with some immigration lawyers where he gets a cut out of whatever client he directs their way.

Somebody has been on this thread for donkey years since 2017 and is still here actively commenting because of the goodness of his heart. Lol

This starting to sound too personal though..
rest the matter, whoever chooses to go for judiciary review should do that on his/her own terms....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:06am On Oct 02, 2020
MadeMan01:
@Luckymama, I read your outbursts towards @FrankRobbn1 and initially ignored it as an emotional rant of someone facing something or her time of the month (no insult to women) but two hours after it occurred to me that if I didn't express my opinion on this thread it would be unfair to all those who have good intentions.

I just started following this thread last year and one of the characters that stood out to me amongst many are @FrankRobbn1, @Lekibiboe @Osemigho @ConradAce and I learnt a lot from reading their advice not just to me, but other forum members. I have never been charged for any advice by anyone

Like the saying goes, "Good people suffer when the just keep silent over an injustice". Your attacks of @FrankRobbn1 were overboard and unwarranted and an injustice. If it were the other way round, so called feminists would be spitting bile. Do not give what you cannot take.

You need to formally apologize to him for no other reason but basic human decency.

I learnt a lot from this forum from @FrankRobbn about GCMS notes, Webform, VAC, BIL, BVL, etc that I never knew of before coming here.

You can express your opinion without casting aspersions to people's reputation without evidence.

Have you considered, the ramifications of your outbursts on other well meaning members here who may decide to zone out and lock up to avoid this kind of attack? Especially from people with first hand experience.

to @FrankRobbn1 and other well meaning "gurus" please take no offence but solace in the fact that technology is a blessing and a curse. The internet made it possible for this. If we were all still in the primitive paper application days, I doubt this forum would be available for us to learn or expose you all to this unwarranted attacks from internet empowered insolent characters. Continue with your kind deeds. Love and Light like the ICONS of Laycon would say grin

Oga my own Na say Wetin be your tweeter handle make I go find you �, cos obviously you active die there after seeing “feminist” lmao..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Hoverboy27:
Once in a while I read through travel threads just to see what’s happening around the world.
This evening I decided to read this thread and I saw a battalion of people attacking a lady @luckymama simply because she voiced her opinion about a highly regarded person here.
I believe that there is freedom of expression and people should not have to feel intimidated because their opinion is not accepted. Almost all the comments are not even because of the so called “business” claim she made against frank, but more of “so after he helped you”, or “because you have gotten AIPP”. Nigerians seriously He helped her & so? Is he God? How many times has God reminded us of everything he has done for us? Did someone not also help him during his time? I don’t understand the sudden harsh comments towards her. Is it everyone that frank has coached that got visa? No! Lucky mama just has grace. No matter how many of you are regretting that you once congratulated her for getting AIPP, it doesn’t change anything. She has gotten it & approval will follow soon. So stop all these attacks & making her feel down because she voiced her opinion. Besides there’s always truth in every claim. There’s no way she will come out with such opinion if she has never felt such energy from him or his perspective. I hate when I see people throwing stones at somebody because their opinion defers! No body is God. If you help somebody and they did not come back to say thank you, don’t feel offended but rejoice that you have done good. How many people came back to thank Jesus after getting healed? But did he stop healing? No! Did his disciples attack others wanting healing? No! Please and please let’s learn to respect people’s opinion & ignore unnecessary ones. You frank disciples should not attack anyone that opposes him without fair hearing. At the end of the day, his blessings will not stop coming regardless of anything or anyone. Godbless you all

Let me bounce out smiley cool wink

Balderdash!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:32am On Oct 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

80K for GCM notes shocked

It will end in Praises

Yes I have seen someone charge sombody 100k to help order GCMS notes of 5200... some people’s judgement would take 2months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:40am On Oct 02, 2020
Hoverboy27:
Exactly. Your penniless self excluded.

Ogbeni who you be now?
Die this matter now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 02, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 1:33am On Oct 02, 2020
So I just got refused o. One of the bases for refusal was the VO was not convinced I would return to my home country based on my family ties in Canada and my home country. I have no family in Canada and was going alone so what does the 'family ties in Canada' part mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 1:52am On Oct 02, 2020
@Justmellow @Frankrobbn @Chocs @Osemigho @Frathermathy and other gurus in the house. Application Timeline submitted june 7th, biometrics request june 8th, biometrics done September 10th, refused August 23rd. Admission differed to January 2021. Please i need your contribution towards my Visa application which was refused on the 23rd of August 2020. I intend to reapply this October. My application was refused from Ho chin min secondary office/ primary office Nairobi and the refusal reasons from my gcms note was ;

Applicant is a 27year old single Male citizen of Nigeria. Applicant is employed as asst project manager. Applicant holds a bsc. In technical education. Applicant is applying to study project management in Centennial College in Toronto.
I have considered the information provided by the applicant, given applicant previous education/employment history and the high cost of studies in Canada, this doesn't appear to be a logical progression of study/career. Given the economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh there ties to their home country. Weighing the factors in the application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for there stay. Application refused: ties, purpose.

Firstly, The visa officer referred to the post graduate certificate program as Diploma. I also choosed College certificate on the imm1293 form.
Documents attached was;

1. The imm forms ( on my family form i stated my dad and mum was dead. We are six in the family aside my dad and mum. One is dead, 3 abroad(2 US citizens and the other in dubai) and 2 in Nigeria (me and my elder sister).

2. My sister (US CITIZEN) as my sponsor with over $52k as bank statement balance with her drivers license and letter stating she will support me with CAD 42k yearly ( my tuition fee is CAD25k).

3. My study leave letter from the company i worked, payslip was not attached because of Irregularities in payment and most time from my boss account (who is our family friend)

4. My certificates (NYSC and BSC)
5. Police clearance certificate.
6. Letter of explanation, clearly stating that my intention for the study was to advance in my career and gain knowledge/promotion in the office as i read technical education in school and now doing project management.

I want to re-apply with exact documents/details(am now 28yrs) and adding few documents to it ;
1. New Bank statement, new sponsorship letter.
2. Letter of recommendation from my chief
3. Letter of recommendation from my HOD in school and Certificate of Service (recommendation) as a trainee engineer from my PPA during service
4. Affidavit from court stating i will return back home upon completion of studies or expiration of status in Canada.
5. My Landed property( worth #3.5m.exactly when i graduated. Dad bought in my name documents where concluded after his death 4months after.)( is it important i explain my dad bought me the land before his demise or i should just present it, because that was my final year in school and my birth month the documents where concluded).
6. My dad landed property(with C of O and land survey plan but no exact cost of it as it was bought in the 1990s).
7. My Dad company (C.A.C.) document showing am a director on the article of association as the second highest shareholder and also affidavit of resolution of board of directors after his death in court stating me as acting chairman done in 2017.( note other documents are original but i can only find the photocopy of the memorandum of association and hope i can present it without tax clearance).

Can this new documents help my application to address the concerns(refusal reasons) of the VO, please advise and if i should remove a document so as not to confuse the VO or complicate my SP.
Thank you

From my cousin. #help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by afrischolars1: 3:56am On Oct 02, 2020
Ckechi:
So I just got refused o. One of the bases for refusal was the VO was not convinced I would return to my home country based on my family ties in Canada and my home country. I have no family in Canada and was going alone so what does the 'family ties in Canada' part mean?

You should apply for your GCMS note to get full details of the visa officer's reason for the refusal decision. GCMS note usually takes 30 calendar days to process but with the Covid backlogs processing could take up to 90days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:32am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello Ckechi
Sorry to hear about your refusal.

The reason you were given in your refusal letter is very generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officers concerns and you’ll be able to address it properly before replying if you decide to reapply. You’ll need your UCI number, Application number, name and date of birth as it is in your application and you’ll need to fill a consent form for IRCC to release your information to the site you order it from.

All the best

Ckechi:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 5:10am On Oct 02, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

they have not.

I saw max of 40days on their site. Wait it out a few more days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:53am On Oct 02, 2020
Taiwolus:

Exactly!

My sister's application status enquiry email (using the webform) was quoted in holluville 's GCMS note. holluville reached out to inform her, also send screenshot (Thank you so much brother). My sister just had her application refused for Purpose of Visit, and Personal asset and financial status, and this wouldn't make any sense because she is 17 years old.

Abeg, make una put mouth. I don't know what to think.

Have any 18 year old (or less), undergraduate (BSc) applicant been refused visa for Personal asset and financial status?

Hello Taiwolus,

Its very possible for a minor to be refused based on Personal Asset and Financial Status. I have seen (in reality) where an accompanying child (1yr old) was refused based on Current Employment Situation. If this happens, then it all boils down to the Sponsor whether or not the sponsor included all relevant documents.

The bigger question is was or how did the sponsor demonstrated the level of establishment (source of funds, home ties, investment etc) to positively impact on the child (sponsor). In the next application, the sponsor should ensure to that demonstrating the level of establishment to CoR., all demonstration should also properly connects the minor.

This season, from the GCMS notes thus far that I have read, the VO always have concerns for sponsor's "level of establishment" or how well established the family of the sponsored applicants are, for third party sponsorship. It may be advised that even if the child is a minor, an account should be opened and have at least the LE of a year in it or a Bank Draft of equal worth should be raised to support the application.

My advise:

Write a well-structured Letter of Consideration pointing out the errors and appealing that the application should be looked into again couple with the GCMS notes and refusal letter, and forward via CSE. If you can bear the cost, also send via courier to Nairobi but this time including all previous supporting documents in a sealed envelope. I have seen this work for few people too but there is no guarantee but it might just favour her. Also, this is in clear view for JR.

However, there is still the case to reapply and in the LOE, the VO's mistakes/errors should be pointed out meticulously.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 02, 2020
afrischolars1:

You should apply for your GCMS note to get full details of the visa officer's reason for the refusal decision. GCMS note usually takes 30 calendar days to process but with the Covid backlogs processing could take up to 90days.
close your mouth if you don’t know anything 90days ko stop passing wrong information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:59am On Oct 02, 2020
oreafe:
Hello all,

I need your experienced views please.

I got admission in the university of Ottawa and applied for student visa. I paid fess and there was almost 20m in my sponsors(husband) account among other properties etc. I just recieved a refusal o.
Refusal was based on financial status and assets, family ties in Nigeria, travel history.

I was in the UK last year, and my husband and two children are with me in Nigeria.

What do you think should be my next course of action? Should I defer the admission and restrategise or go and do PR � I’m confused.

Ideas pleasssseeee!

Hello Oreafe,

Please, share your notes. The cause might be pointing to you.

I always advise people who have age, work experience (at most 3yrs) and Master (or Two or More Certificate) to go for EE. Its surer than SP.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:02am On Oct 02, 2020
FariDk67:
Good day everyone.. please my friend was refused today based on grounds that they aren't sure whether he will leave Canada at the end of his studies (in relation to travel reasons)
Second reason they aren't sure he will leave when he is done..based on financial assets..he is really down and I felt I should ask here if there is anything he can do in to rectify it and when applying again..he is an undergraduate and he is just 17years old going on 18

Hello FariDk67,

Check the sponsor('s profile). See my post to Taiwolus

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:03am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello

You could have corrected the wrong information in a polite manner.

Please let’s be kind to one another.

Thanks

Matildabenn1:
close your mouth if you don’t know anything 90days ko stop passing wrong information

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Someone woke up and decided to pass commentaries on the last argument that happened on this thread. Please can we let sleeping matters be? Not everything must be used as entertainment. Let’s maintain decorum please and act like the adults that we are.

To think that feminism is something limited to Twitter, shows a lot about how you think (to the troll) If you’re genuinely thinking of going to Canada it’s best to start moving with the realities of the 21st century.

And to the person who referred to someone as acting like someone on their period etc even if you wrote no offense intended, I hope you’re aware that was rude to all women on this platform. Writing the “no offense” disclaimer actually shows you know the statement was offensive. Let us all do better.

Be kind, before you post or reply anything, think about it. Not everything must be handled with insults.

Blessings to us all as we comply. May the reason why we’re on the thread come to pass.

All the best

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:08am On Oct 02, 2020
Eilenora:
This is the email I have been sending all along:

Sent to all 3 addresses last night

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am ........... with date of birth: ............., Unique Client Identifier (UCI): ,............. and Application number: ................. I trust my email finds you well?

On July 14, 2020, I submitted my application for a study permit. I did an upfront medical examination and attached an e-medical information sheet evidencing same to my application.

On July 24, 2020, I received an email requesting that I undergo a medical examination. In response, I raised a web-form attaching the evidence sent to me by my Panel Physician (Q-life Family Clinic) confirming that my medical report had been forwarded to IRCC since June 25, 2020. I sent a number of follow up correspondence regarding this issue (see table towards the end of this email). In 2 responses from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I was informed that the document I forwarded to them in respect of my upfront medicals had been received and forwarded to the Nairobi Office where my application was being treated. These responses alongside evidence of upfront medicals have been merged together as a single pdf document and attached to this email for easy reference purposes.

In spite of all of these, the status on my CIC account reads: “We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details”.

I wish to confirm if your good office is indeed in receipt of these documents which were forwarded severally within the 30 days window provided. If so, I humbly request that same be considered as part of my application and for my cic portal to be updated accordingly.

Many thanks for your anticipated resolution to this problem.

Hello Eilenora,

I know exactly how it feels to be fussed about a sensitive matter but I think you're overworking yourself. The delay to update your profile real time is from their end. It may have already been added to your profile at their end long ago. I will advise you, relax and let it play out. You have tried.

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.