Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159231 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
nwanyiokpa2:
My account has been banned hence i am posting with a new account. Reason for ban: posting affiliate link. I honestly didn't post any link recently and i don't know why my account have been banned unjustly.

I have gotten my GCMS note. Please how do i tackle this? The note doesn't share any useful information and seems generic. I am tired jare!

i presented over 12Million with first semester tuition paid and 2K deposit also made to the school.

Justmellow
Frankrobbn
Luckymama
tonyodg
fratermathy
naijaforeigner

Is this the final Text (Refusal Reasons) from the VO?
What is expected of a GCM note is that FINAL TEXT of like 2-4 lines (bolded)

Cos the "text" here is just Showing the DLI number of MUN

Can u screenshot the TEXT from the VO in ur GCM note (if any)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
Your Phone number? Email? Please anyone can serve
Patty03:
Sure

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Macj247: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
[quote author=justwise post=88883946][/quote]

please, @justwise, am new here and I wanna start reading from part 1... found part 16 though.
Please help I wanna follow up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Time2soar:

Form A now takes about 2 weeks, they say it is because of scarcity of forex. I thought mine was not going through until I received the debit alert from my account about 2 weeks after I submitted the form

Did you use CIBC or western union solutions... those two give deadline of three days to complete the payment.... what bank did you use ?..... Also my school is conestoga they don’t give out account number it as to be one of those two
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
Please guys, how can I get fully funded Canadian scholarship? What school offers such or is it the Canadian govt?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ziggarrr:
What is the duration of your program
A year duration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got letter of acceptance from Humber College. I applied for a graduate certificate course in project management (A year course). My tuition fee for a year is $19800. My question is that will 9 million be enough as statement of acct for my personal account? This 9m will just be sent to my account, I hope there won't be a problem because the money hasn't been flowing for the past 3 months. The money is actually in form of bitcoin so I have to convert it to naira. Is there any way to convince the VO that the money belongs to me because it's just been transferred to my account.
I'm highly anticipating for a response. Any other information will be highly appreciated.

Please I need someone to help with a detailed response.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Your $19,800 CAD tuition + $10,000 CAD living expense + $3200 CA for miscellaneous/others, sums up to $33,000 CAD for a year. With the current exchange rate, that’s about N9,900,000....

Do you have any dependents that would be going with you or staying back here?

If no, you may want to consider adding a little more funds to the account. 9 million is clearly not enough.

If yes, then you’ll be needing a whole lot more money (if they’re accompanying you), or proof of how they’ll be taken care of in your absence (if they’re not accompanying you)...

Hassan19:
Hi everyone, I just got letter of acceptance from Humber College. I applied for a graduate certificate course in project management (A year course). My tuition fee for a year is $19800. My question is that will 9 million be enough as statement of acct for my personal account? This 9m will just be sent to my account, I hope there won't be a problem because the money hasn't been flowing for the past 3 months. The money is actually in form of bitcoin so I have to convert it to naira. Is there any way to convince the VO that the money belongs to me because it's just been transferred to my account.
I'm highly anticipating for a response. Any other information will be highly appreciated.

Please I need someone to help with a detailed response.
Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Good day all
I thank you all for your answers toward my misrepresentation of my statement of account which was termed fraudulent .

Please how do i send the letters and the new statement of account back to the visa officer as their email was not attached to in the letter i got from my gckey and there is no place on my gckey page to upload the documents
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Aderin0la:
Your $19,800 CAD tuition + $10,000 CAD living expense + $3200 CA for miscellaneous/others, sums up to $33,000 CAD for a year. With the current exchange rate, that’s about N9,900,000....

Do you have any dependents that would be going with you or staying back here?

If no, you may want to consider adding a little more funds to the account. 9 million is clearly not enough.

If yes, then you’ll be needing a whole lot more money (if they’re accompanying you), or proof of how they’ll be taken care of in your absence (if they’re not accompanying you)...

No dependents, I'm single and never married.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hello everyone. Happy weekend to all

I am about to submit my application and pay the 235 CAD (study permit + Biometrics fees). I need a guide on how u guys paid urs. Cause I heard that most nigerian banks allow their customers do 100 USD (about 135 CAD) maximum per month for international transactions using naira debit cards (I stand to be corrected though).

Pls which route did u guys use in paying the 235CAD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayyoshert: 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
I greet everyone. My application includes my wife and son, However have just been refused, i have commenced the fall semester on online platform (University of northern British Columbia), i made use of 3 accounts: My Wife's Account which i am.also a signatory has like 14m, My Business account with 2.5m in it and my Salary account from work( Public servant). There is an affidavit on my wife's account to show that the money in it is to be used to finance the program and other expenses. I have a Farm registered with cac( i didn't furnish them the cac documents, only the account statements which has 2.5m as stated above) I was refused with following reasons. Please any insight and way forward?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
Dame24:

Please which bank did you use?

Zenith Bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
Maxsbez:

Did you use CIBC or western union solutions... those two give deadline of three days to complete the payment.... what bank did you use ?..... Also my school is conestoga they don’t give out account number it as to be one of those two

I used CIBC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:03am On Oct 04, 2020
Hello ayyoshert

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

First thing you should do is to order your gcms notes. The reasons you were given in your refusal letter is generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officer’s concerns and you’ll be able to address it before replying if you decide to reapply.

For your study permit application, you should show your tuition for the first year plus at least 10,000 cad for your living expense
For the people accompanying you, you need 4,000 cad for the first and 3,000 cad for every additional person, so for your wife and son you need 7,000 cad

This brings what you need to show for living expenses to 17,000 cad (approximately 5 million) plus Your first year tuition.

Also note that since you’re self sponsored the visa office will check for prospects on how you’ll pay your tuition for the subsequent years (if the program is more than one year) So you need to show a lot of money.

Was there any unexplained lump/huge sum deposit into the account in the time frame of the statement you submitted? That’s another reason for rejection on financial grounds.

I’ll advice you build your account up a lot more.

As for purpose of visit, it could be that your statement of purpose/letter of explanation was not very convincing or it could be that the course you’re going for isn’t showing a career/academic progression.

For the house to be able to advise you properly, you can share what you studied previously and the level (eg bsc, HND) and the course you’re going for now and the level. Also share what area your current employment is in. Usually your proposed study should align with your previous study or employment.
Please also share the length of the course you applied for in Canada and the tuition fee.

As for family ties, you applied with your whole family. They think you won’t be coming back. You can tackle that by reapplying without them, and bringing them over after you’ve gotten your study permit. Although people have applied with their family and gotten it, if you want to do that, you’ll have to show strong financial ties to the country (landed properties, assets worth a lot, a good job to come back to etc)

Lastly, if you’re applying without your family, you must show proof that they’ll be well taken care of in your absence (enough funds) All the money belonging to the family cannot be used for your studies. You’ll need to show a good amount available for their survival.

All the best sir

ayyoshert:
I greet everyone. My application includes my wife and son, However have just been refused, i have commenced the fall semester on online platform (University of northern British Columbia), i made use of 3 accounts: My Wife's Account which i am.also a signatory has like 14m, My Business account with 2.5m in it and my Salary account from work( Public servant). There is an affidavit on my wife's account to show that the money in it is to be used to finance the program and other expenses. I have a Farm registered with cac( i didn't furnish them the cac documents, only the account statements which has 2.5m as stated above) I was refused with following reasons. Please any insight and way forward?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 5:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Chocs:
Hello ayyoshert

First thing you should do is to order your gcms notes. The reasons you were given in your refusal letter is generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officer’s concerns and you’ll be able to address it before replying if you decide to reapply.

For your study permit application, you should show your tuition for the first year plus at least 10,000 cad for your living expense
For the people accompanying you, you need 4,000 cad for the first and 3,000 cad for every additional person, so for your wife and son you need 7,000 cad

This brings what you need to show for living expenses to 17,000 cad (approximately 5 million) plus Your first year tuition.

Also note that since you’re self sponsored the visa office will check for prospects on how you’ll pay your tuition for the subsequent years (if the program is more than one year) So you need to show a lot of money.

Was there any unexplained lump/huge sum deposit into the account in the time frame of the statement you submitted? That’s another reason for rejection on financial grounds.

As for purpose of visit, it could be that your statement of purpose/letter of explanation was not very convincing or it could be that the course you’re going for isn’t showing a career/academic progression.

For the house to be able to advise you properly, you can share what you studied previously and the level (eg bsc, HND) and the course you’re going for now and the level. Also share what area your current employment is in. Usually your proposed study should align with your previous study or employment.
Please also share the length of the course you applied for in Canada and the tuition fee.

As for family ties, you applied with your whole family. They think you won’t be coming back. You can tackle that by reapplying without them, and bringing them over after you’ve gotten your study permit. Although people have applied with their family and gotten it, if you want to do that, you’ll have to show strong financial ties to the country (landed properties, assets worth a lot, a good job to come back to etc)

Lastly, if you’re applying without your family, you must show proof that they’ll be well taken care of in your absence (enough funds) All the money belonging to the family cannot be used for your studies. You’ll need to show a good amount available for their survival.

All the best sir

Hello, please on what section to I upload my home ties.

Also on my clients information

I am seing : uploaded - not submitted to ircc ,

And remove file by right hand side.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:38am On Oct 04, 2020
Legacyedition:

Hello, please on what section to I upload my home ties.

Also on my clients information

I am seing : uploaded - not submitted to ircc ,

And remove file by right hand side.

Home Ties docs. are meant to be merged with other Documents u will be uploading under CLIENT INFORMATION.
Home ties docs. are SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Make sure all ur documents are in PDF format

Visit the link below on how to do that

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

Also see this,

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD(Document Uploading Dashboard)
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 6:22am On Oct 04, 2020
Good morning everyone,

Please how do I confirm that my appointment for biometrics is still valid?
I booked appointment last month for tomorrow

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:23am On Oct 04, 2020
Miscellaneous:
Please guys, how can I get fully funded Canadian scholarship? What school offers such or is it the Canadian govt?

Hi,

At times some Full or Partial Funded Canadian Scholarship (thesis-based) are not Advertised e.g MasterCard Scholarship, some are directly from the department, it all depends on the supervisors of schools you contact i.e if after u contact a Potential Supervisor and u are accepted, then u can proceed & ask if there is funding available.

So what u gonna do is research on loads of schools in Canada that has masters or PH.D
programs related to your former degree ,then visit the skool website, explore their staff profiles & reach out to Potential Supervisors (Professor/doctors) whose area of research relates to your own research interest/field of discipline, then u mail them to show case yourself on how u u gonna fit it to their Lab., and ask if they gonna be accepting students for the next intake e.g (September FALL 2021 intake)

So Go thru the following Content (Helpful Tools To Gain Masters/PH.D Admission & Possible Funding),

Visit the Link below for tips on
- GETTING A SUPERVISOR AND POSSIBLE, FUNDING (Based on Experience of a Nairalander)

- TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D (Part 1 & 2)

- What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School Admission (M.SC/PHD), Funding in Canada & US

- How to write a compelling SOP for Graduate school

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 6:33am On Oct 04, 2020
Hello everyone, @all the gurus on this forum, please I need some clarity on this.
I ordered my Gcms notes , I have attached the picture of the summary I got.

Medical request was sent on 21/07/20
Medical was updated to pass on 28/7/20
I received AIP 18/08/20

Please observe that the decision was written on the same day the medical request was sent, and I received
AIP almost a month after that.
Also I noticed "Entered in error"
Please what does this mean?

Thanks as I look forward to your feedbacks .

For Economic ties, I submitted documents for 6 six properties, 4 owned by my husband(sponsor) and 2 co owned by my husband and I. All property documents had valuation reports
I paid a full year tuition and attached evidence (18k CAD)
My husbands personal account had 11million naira ,
I had N2million in one account and had N4million in another account.
I have my own business which was incorporated in 2010.( submitted certificate of incorporation and tax documents).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayyoshert: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2020
Chocs:
Hello ayyoshert

All the best sir

I do really appreciate you for the time you took to elaborate on steps to take, you're a wonderful person. I will order for the gcms as advised. I studied Mgt and Accounting at undergraduate level(Bsc), the course applied for is MBA for 2years( 25, 687 CAD per session) i work in the public service, as a senior staff who manages surbodinates i felt an MBA program can align. I indicated in my SOP of courses and training i have done outside the country US and India and how i believe the MBA program will assist me in making better decisions in managing people after i come back to my job in Nigeria. It's disappointing, However i will check the notes to see the specific issues.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

At times some Full or Partial Funded Canadian Scholarship (thesis-based) are not Advertised e.g MasterCard Scholarship, some are directly from the department, it all depends on the supervisors of schools you contact i.e if after u contact a Potential Supervisor and u are accepted, then u can proceed & ask if there is funding available.

Thanks a lot. God bless you. I'm currently going over them. But how's the Visa process like? Is it a non-appearance visa i.e we dont visit the embassy to be asked questions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:38am On Oct 04, 2020
fehinebony:
Hello everyone, @all the gurus on this forum, please I need some clarity on this.

I received AIP 18/08/20

Please observe that the decision was written on the same day the medical request was sent, and I received

For Economic ties, I submitted documents for 6 six properties, 4 owned by my husband(sponsor) and 2 co owned by my husband and I.
I have my own business( an Event company) which was incorporated in 2010.( submitted certificate of incorporation and tax documents).

Hi Fehinebony,

This situation is not quite common, but I will tell you to be positive because your eligibility is indicated as passed. I must assume then that the VO initially refused you but through some intervention or change of mind, s/he changed the decision and indicated this with the "entered in error" function that we see in the GCMS note. It is also possible for the reverse to be the case but that is unlikely since you said you received the first stage clearance letter some weeks later. I am curious to know if that is the only note made by the VO. Are there other notes? If there are, we should see them too. It will also be helpful for us to know the program you applied for, the school, and its duration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Thanks a lot. God bless you. I'm currently going over them. But how's the Visa process like? Is it a non-appearance visa i.e we dont visit the embassy to be asked questions?
U are welcome, Amen

Yes, Non-appearance, it is only on a very rare occasion an Applicant is called for an interview

To Know how the visa process is like, visit the Link below
for
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

If after u have gone thru the contents in the above link, do ask questions on anything u aren't clear of here in the forum (as regards Canada Study Visa) and honorable members would respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2020
Wow.. You guys have no chill..
@Luckymama, please respond or reach out to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 8:20am On Oct 04, 2020
fratermathy:

Hi Fehinebony,

This situation is not quite common, but I will tell you to be positive because your eligibility is indicated as passed. I must assume then that the VO initially refused you but through some intervention or change of mind, s/he changed the decision and indicated this with the "entered in error" function that we see in the GCMS note. It is also possible for the reverse to be the case but that is unlikely since you said you received the first stage clearance letter some weeks later. I am curious to know if that is the only note made by the VO. Are there other notes? If there are, we should see them too. It will also be helpful for us to know the program you applied for, the school, and its duration.

Thanks for your response, that's the only notes made by the VO.
I noticed Ielts was passed, but I didn't submitt any Ielts results
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Congratulations ma'am.. Ur own success loud
Kindly enlighten us on how you proved home ties. With an EE profile, I'm sure they were certain of your plans to migrate. Did you promise to return bla bla bla and what was served as ties?

Faithyyyyy:
goodevening house ,

i wish everyone a successful new week on this journey .
i have been getting lots of pms and i would like to drop this here for everyone.

Please OWN your study permit application process, sop , everything yourself because no one can sell you better than you can sell yourself. yes get tips and suggestions on what to do but ultimately do what you decide to do you are responsible for the outcome.

i had a lot of conflicting information and contrary advise but i stuck to my guns, paid my fees and started classes , i kept sending them web forms and emails with documents i knew i had uploaded. i sent my medical and it was updated the next day even though i had submitted all two weeks prior, before eligibility review started i sent course enrollment and tuition fees payment to add, next day my eligibility review started. then i sent ielts that i didn’t need to, i was sending them email two times a week monday and thursday. early hours of the morning with title: URGENT ATTENTION .

note that it may not work for everyone oooh. but my application was already 3 weeks and i wanted answers in time to resume fall.

please don’t let anyone discourage you at all. you can do it. i am looking forward to sharing my gcms notes with you all.

documents i submitted

Admission letter from University of Ottawa
medicals upfront
personal and company bank statement since i run my own business
vac documents for my business
cute family photos of me hubby and baby
transcripts and certificates undergraduate
first masters degree transcript (australian uni)
marriage certificate
passport with valid usa and canada visa
payment receipts for hospital and accomodation when i visited last year (had baby via emergency)
very long sop (6 pages with sub headings and sections for each point i wanted to address) use your discretion

i addressed clearly why i want to do a second masters in Canada and also why i have an active express entry profile because of the dual intent rules. i quotes it for them sef i think.

i appreciate all those who keep this thread going and whose words of wisdom helps us. God will surely come through for all those waiting. keep the faith alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome, Amen

Yes, Non-appearance, it is only on a very rare occasion an Applicant is called for an interview

Thanks a ton Lekiboboe!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2020
fehinebony:

I received AIP 18/08/20

For Economic ties, I submitted documents for 6 six properties, 4 owned by my husband(sponsor) and 2 co owned by my husband and I. All property documents had valuation reports
I have my own business which was incorporated in 2010.( submitted certificate of incorporation and tax documents).

Hello Fehinebony,

Do you mind if I see the complete notes and what does your GcKey Dashboard timeline states?!

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.