Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1171988 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2020
Hello OTbello,

Seems like a positive outcome to me. Congratulations in advance. Covid-19 might be the cause for the delay in requesting your passport, if your application was approved.

To see if your application was approved, you can order your gcms notes. It has details of your application as assessed by the visa officer. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If someone within Canada is applying for it on your behalf it’s cheaper (5 cad)

You can send your updated letter of admission via web form to IRCC. Just google “webform Canada” You’ll find a link to it. Choose that your application is being processed outside Canada and also choose nairobi as the office processing it (if you applied from Nigeria)

Best wishes
OTbello:
Good morning people. Was recently directed to this page, as there seem to be a lot of well informed people on Canadian Study Permit applications.

Okay, I applied for my Study Permit in January 2020. My medicals were requested, completed and passed later in March.

Since then, Covid ran rampant and the application timeline has been a bit confusing.

I eventually got my Correspondence Letter in July and I haven’t gotten any update since then. In this process, my Admission Letter got expired in September and although I have an updated one, I don’t think I can upload it unless it’s requested for.

What do you guys think about my chances? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2020
nayo10:
I think the best way for now is getting ur gcms notes. Some people have seen passport request on gcmsnotes but nothing on their portal.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nectar89: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2020
As an intending visitor wanting to apply for Canada vistor visa, what reason can be convincing enough to the visa officer to grant me the visitor's visa?

Thank you as I await your favourable response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2020
Hello Nectar89,

You’re on the wrong thread. This thread is for Canada study permit (visa)

Kindly check Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel on Nairaland here, you’ll find more useful information.

Best wishes

Nectar89:
As an intending visitor wanting to apply for Canada vistor visa, what reason can be convincing enough to the visa officer to grant me the visitor's visa?

Thank you as I await your favourable response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OTbello: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2020
Chocs:
Hello OTbello,

Seems like a positive outcome to me. Congratulations in advance. Covid-19 might be the cause for the delay in requesting your passport, if your application was approved.

To see if your application was approved, you can order your gcms notes. It has details of your application as assessed by the visa officer. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If someone within Canada is applying for it on your behalf it’s cheaper (5 cad)

You can send your updated letter of admission via web form to IRCC. Just google “webform Canada” You’ll find a link to it. Choose that your application is being processed outside Canada and also choose nairobi as the office processing it (if you applied from Nigeria)

Best wishes
Just used the webform as you suggested now. Thank you so much. I appreciate the input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TheExalted: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2020
starkyniichan:

Guess the picture below answers your question!

Thank you. Will check if the DLI is on the list.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning Mr frank. I saw a post where you talked about judicial review. A friend of mine wants to pursue one please what's the cost? and how can he go about it? Thank you and God bless
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks my brother for the compliments and attestations about me. You're a rare gem �. I wish you all the best in all of your endeavours in London, Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lekkan(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello House, I just got admitted to University of Manitoba (Undergraduate studies) and I want to apply for Visa, any guide on how to apply for Visa Successfully and also , how much do o have to show in my statement of account for the proof of fund.
NB: Uni of Manitoba does not require part school fess payment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TheExalted: 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
Chocs:
Hello TheExalted,

Please check out the following link, it answers your question

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html

Since his classes can hold fully online, he’ll have to convince the border control why his coming to Canada is necessary. The ability to enter depends on if the border control officer is convinced plus his institution must have a covid-19 readiness plan.

Best wishes

Thank you so much, I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
lekkan:
Hello House, I just got admitted to University of Manitoba (Undergraduate studies) and I want to apply for Visa, any guide on how to apply for Visa Successfully and also , how much do o have to show in my statement of account for the proof of fund.
NB: Uni of Manitoba does not require part school fess payment
Hello Honorable Lekkan,

Congratulations on ur Admission,

But I would love to ask u based on why u are going for an Undergraduate Program

Are u a Graduate , (B.sc/HND)?

Have u done NYSC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lekkan(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hi Sire

Yeah i am a graduate, and done serving, but decide to put it for undergraduate cos PG expenses are too much beyond what I can afford and even the school I chose does not require school fees deposit.

Lekiboboe:

Hello Honorable Lekkan,

Congratulations on ur Admission,

But I would love to ask u based on why u are going for an Undergraduate Program

Are u a Graduate , (B.sc/HND)?

Have u done NYSC?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
lekkan:
Hi Sire

Yeah i am a graduate, and done serving, but decide to put it for undergraduate cos PG expenses are too much beyond what I can afford and even the school I chose does not require school fees deposit.

Hmm,

But I tot UG is more expensive cos its 3-4 years unlike PG which is One or Two Years.

Well, Well, Well

Since u are a graduate, An UG is a wrong Academic Progression for you, a VISA OFFICER won't buy the idea of u saying a PG program is expensive that's why u went for another UG (that reason is not in anyway COGENT)

I will advice u go for a Masters (If u av a 2.1), then PGD/PG.Cert (If u av a 2.2/3rd Class or HND)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lekkan(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
Okay sir .. Thanks

Tell me about fully funded scholarship for PG and I'll apply

Lekiboboe:

Hmm,

But I tot UG is more expensive cos its 3-4 years unlike PG which is One or Two Years.

Well, Well, Well

Since u are a graduate, An UG is a wrong Academic Progression for you, a VISA OFFICER won't buy the idea of u saying a PG program is expensive that's why u went for another UG (that reason is not in anyway COGENT)

I will advice u go for a Masters (If u av a 2.1), then PGD/PG.Cert (If u av a 2.2/3rd Class or HND)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hey Lekkan,
Please do not apply for Visa using this admission (except you have a "good" enough reason for applying for another undergraduate program when you are already a graduate, the VO won't believe your application and this can most likely lead to a rejection.

Also a PGD or masters (a year or 2) is way cheaper than an undergraduate program (3-4 years).
Please do your research so you don't waste time.
lekkan:
Hi Sire

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
lekkan:
Okay sir .. Thanks

Tell me about fully funded scholarship for PG and I'll apply

Non I know of ,
and by the way
Fully Funded Scholarship are mostly restricted to Masters & PH.D
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
lekkan:
Hi Sire

U can do well to mention what u studied in UG, you might be lucky to get a response from someone who knows schools & PG programs (relating to ur UG) that might be quite cheap

Sequel to your other question

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Then ask questions in the forum on things u ain't clear of
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Good evening All, Please what are the requirements to be taken for the biometrics appoitment at VAC and also how timely are they, do they keep to time of appointment? and what is the duration of time for the exercise so i can plan ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello Olasubomy,

Please go with 2 colored photocopies of the international passport data page you used in your application

1 copy of your Biometric instruction letter (letter asking you to go for biometrics)

1 copy of your appointment confirmation (letter showing your appointment time, date, location etc) The one you get after booking your biometric appointment

A pen

Your face mask

They’re very timely and it takes less than 30 minutes to be done (VFS Abuja)

Best wishes
olasubomy:
Good evening All, Please what are the requirements to be taken for the biometrics appoitment at VAC and also how timely are they, do they keep to time of appointment? and what is the duration of time for the exercise so i can plan ahead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
olasubomy:

In addition to what honorable Chocs said

If its the VFS (VAC) LAGOS OFFICE (LEKKI) you gonna be doing your Biometrics,
make sure u
print those documents mentioned in your area before going to the VFS Center, cos if u don't ,u would be left with no choice than to print it at an outrageous amount at the center

Visit the link below for BIOMETRICS EXPERIENCE AT the LAGOS CENTER (LEKKI)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93163924

Note: Ignore any tout that comes to meet you that you need Passport Photograph, it is not needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lekiboboe:

In addition to what honorable Chocs said

If its the VFS (VAC) LAGOS OFFICE (LEKKI) you gonna be doing your Biometrics,
make sure u
print those documents mentioned in your area before going to the VFS Center, cos if u don't ,u would be left with no choice than to print it at an outrageous amount at the center

Visit the link below for BIOMETRICS EXPERIENCE AT the LAGOS CENTER (LEKKI)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93163924

Note: Ignore any tout that comes to meet you that you need Passport Photograph, it is not needed

Thank you @chocs and @Lekkibobae.

Thanks for the clarification, it is good to know that the one in Abuja is very timely.

@ Lekkibobae - i checked the link you shared but not clear about the conversation. you were advising we pick a later time. i picked for 9:20am and i intend to be at VI on that day for 6:30 am and drive to the venue around 7am. I hope i wont be too early or what do you advise on the right time to get there?

2) How do i locate the place from 3rd round about easily?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
olasubomy:

Thank you @chocs and @Lekkibobae.

Thanks for the clarification, it is good to know that the one in Abuja is very timely.

@ Lekkibobae - i checked the link you shared but not clear about the conversation. you were advising we pick a later time. i picked for 9:20am and i intend to be at VI on that day for 6:30 am and drive to the venue around 7am. I hope i wont be too early or what do you advise on the right time to get there?

2) How do i locate the place from 3rd round about easily?

That's an experience of a member of this thread

V.I is not far to the place though

It all depends on your timing, jz make sure u get there 20 Minutes before your Appointed Time

2) I can only tell if its from the Mainland u are coming from, e.g Ikeja, Iyana-ipaja

From Ikeja or Iyana Ipaja, Enter bus going to Obalende - CMS , from there to ajah. Drop at Lekki third roundabout. Walk in or take shuttle to VFS GLOBAL opposite treasure garden estate

But in ur case, U are Mobile,
so your route might likely be quite different, one of my friend who went there said he used Google Maps (Voice) to locate the place
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lekiboboe:

That's an experience of a member of this thread

V.I is not far to the place though

It all depends on your timing, jz make sure u get there 20 Minutes before your Appointed Time

2) I can only tell if its from the Mainland u are coming from, e.g Ikeja, Iyana-ipaja

From Ikeja or Iyana Ipaja, Enter bus going to Obalende - CMS , from there to ajah. Drop at Lekki third roundabout. Walk in or take shuttle to VFS GLOBAL opposite treasure garden estate

But in ur case, U are Mobile,
so your route might likely be quite different, one of my friend who went there said he used Google Maps (Voice) to locate the place

My appointment date is ending of the month.

Possible to do earlier?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
Legacyedition:

Possible to do earlier?.
it’s not strictly by appointment!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello Legacyedition

Only if you can book an earlier new date and cancel the old appointment.

Best wishes
Legacyedition:

Possible to do earlier?.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
Sorry a quick question, can one order gcms notes in succession when the other has not arrived. I have already ordered but it is yet to arrive and the agent wants to order, will he know that I have already ordered or will he still be able to make order?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Legacyedition:

Possible to do earlier?.

Yes, i believe you can reschedule to an earlier date if you please, i recheduled mine to an earlier date just to do it once and for all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2020
Olayinkaji:
Sorry a quick question, can one order gcms notes in succession when the other has not arrived. I have already ordered but it is yet to arrive and the agent wants to order, will he know that I have already ordered or will he still be able to make order?
wait for the first one to arrive
Why contradict yourself by ordering again it would come surely have patience !!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
True or False

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello Olayinkaji

Hiding information from your agent feels some type of way. You paid them to work for you. Why are you scared of them? If they find out you ordered it, what would happen? It’s your application, so you have a right to do that.

Back to your question, there’s no harm in ordering another. It’s just that there might not be much difference if no work has been done on your application since you ordered the last one.

Best wishes

Olayinkaji:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Tonyodg2:
wait for the first one to arrive
Why contradict yourself by ordering again it would come surely have patience !!
I already ordered before my denial came in. After the denial, the agent asked we order gcms (I am yet to tell him), which prompted my question as I do not want him to know I have ordered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Olayinkaji

Hiding information from your agent feels some type of way. You paid them to work for you. Why are you scared of them? If they find out you ordered it, what would happen? It’s your application so you have a right to do that.

Back to your question, there’s no harm in ordering another. It’s just that there might not be much difference if no work has been done on your application since you ordered the last one.

Best wishes

Alright thanks Chocs, its the way the application was handled initially made me to start divulging some information/plans.

I was initially advised to order when my application was taking long and no response from IRCC then.
Thanks for the heads up

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.