Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1157123 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Olayinkaji:
Sorry a quick question, can one order gcms notes in succession when the other has not arrived. I have already ordered but it is yet to arrive and the agent wants to order, will he know that I have already ordered or will he still be able to make order?

Hello Olayinkaji,

You are allowed to request as many times as possible. The notes are not free. Its also a cool source of revenue for IRCC.

Your agent won't have a clue. As long as the application is still open and active, new information are entered as the stage progresses.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Olayinkaji:

I already ordered before my denial came in. After the denial, the agent asked we order gcms(I am yet to tell him), which prompted my question as I do not want him to know I have ordered

As long as you won't be paying for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tracy2020:

Thank you Lekiboboe.

It stated:
Applicant requesting a SP to pursue a Masters Program at the University of Manitoba. Scholarship covering first year noted. Financial Support from Parent noted. Statement of Purpose noted. On balance, I am satisfied the proposed studies are reasonable in light of qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and future prospect and plans. Eligibility passed, final decision pending medical and biometric results.

I submitted June 10. This note was recorded June 30. I got medical request July 22, AIP August 5, and Biometrics was done August 26. I don’t know why the final decision is still pending medical and Biometrics.

Hello Tracy2020,

Your call has been picked already. Just take your time to start shopping for a good luggage.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kiddy123:
Pls ... I need help ... How do I retrieve my GCKey User ID ... I lost it... pls anyone �����

Hello Kiddy123,

You have to create a new account and link your application.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
rebecausoro:
Quiet thread today. My former account was blocked. I still don't know why. I had to create a new account.

Does anyone know how long it takes for your passport to get stamped upon receipt of PPR? What's the process like if you don't want to travel to Lagos but you choose to use DHL or other courier companies to hand over your passport to VFS?

Secondly, it seems VFS is not currently accepting passports for stamping. Can anyone confirm this too?

Hello Rebecausoro,

Either submit in-person or get someone to submit on your behalf then pay for a return courier.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Rebecausoro,

Either submit in-person or get someone to submit on your behalf then pay for a return courier.

All the best

Thanks for the response but do you know how long they take before they stamp it? Will it take more than 1 week?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello.
Have you gotten a passport request? if yes, when was this.
Also to your question, I think you can use a courier service to deliver your passport to VFS (not absolutely sure)

I haven't gotten it yet. I know someone who has so I'm preempting mine and planning ahead. I know that some of the requests will come this month, especially for those who applied in April/May. The person who got his that I know applied in March.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
milo9:
GCMS arrived- Eligibility failed.

Hello Milo9,

You may want to consider improving on:

1. Funds
2. Home ties
3. Future benefit/prospect of the intended course
4. Level of Establishment (tie this to your current employment)
5. Use a capable sponsor (if applicable)

Even if you're trying to use family as home ties, don't tie yourself with too much responsibilities, especially if you're low income earner.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
rebecausoro:

Thanks for the response but do you know how long they take before they stamp it? Will it take more than 1 week?

Before the pandemic, it takes between 5 days - one week or more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
We applied for SP & SOWP Feb. 19, 2020
Upfront medicals passed March 10
Nothing for over 7 months
AIP received October 8.

BSc Applied Microbiology - 2005
MSc Medical Microbiology - 2017
MSc Genome Science and Technology, UBC - Jan 2021

Documents submitted
SOP (4 pages)
IMM forms
Letter of Acceptance from UBC
Letter of funding. The program will pay my tuition and give me a stipend for 2 years.
Bank statements (1.5M for me & 2.5M for my spouse)
BSc and MSc certificates
WAEC
NYSC Certificate
Police certificate
Employment documents
Letter of introduction from my workplace
Birth certificates of parents and siblings
Land documents (survey & deed of conveyance)
Car documents
Spouse's BSc & MSc certificates
Spouse's employment documents
Spouse's letter of explanation

Ordered GCMS note in September
Eligibility- in progress/recommend interview
Criminality- passed
Medical- passed

Saw 3 ghost updates in my account recently

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Canhopeful:
We applied for SP & SOWP Feb. 19, 2020
Upfront medicals passed March 10
Nothing for over 7 months
AIP received October 8.

BSc Applied Microbiology - 2005
MSc Medical Microbiology - 2017
MSc Genome Science and Technology, UBC - Jan 2021

Documents submitted
SOP (4 pages)
IMM forms
Letter of Acceptance from UBC
Letter of funding. The program will pay my tuition and give me a stipend for 2 years.
Bank statements (1.5M for me & 2.5M for my spouse)
BSc and MSc certificates
WAEC
NYSC Certificate
Police certificate
Employment documents
Letter of introduction from my workplace
Birth certificates of parents and siblings
Land documents (survey & deed of conveyance)
Car documents
Spouse's BSc & MSc certificates
Spouse's employment documents
Spouse's letter of explanation

Ordered GCMS note in September
Eligibility- in progress/recommend interview
Criminality- passed
Medical- passed

Saw 3 ghost updates in my account recently

Congratulations on your AIP.

Please what do you mean by 3 ghost updates?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
LordAA:

Congratulations on your AIP.

Please what do you mean by 3 ghost updates?

When I logged into my account, I saw 'Application/profile updated' but there was no visible update.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Olayinkaji,

You are allowed to request as many times as possible. The notes are not free. Its also a cool source of revenue for IRCC.

Your agent won't have a clue. As long as the application is still open and active, new information are entered as the stage progresses.

All the best

Alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kunlewisdom(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good day everyone, I am new here and Please I need your help on the following questions.

1. My brother applied for a study permit and was refused based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. [quote author=justwise post=88883946][/quote]

2. His Sponsor was our maternal Uncle he has a registered biz, but we don't bear the same surname, I will like to know if this could be one of the reasons why he was refused, any idea please.

3. I want him to re-apply for the Visa but I will like to know if he can change the sponsor at this stage to Mum and then myself as a co-sponsor I work in a manufacturing company, Mum has a business but not registered with CAC, can this be a barrier?

4. I want to request for his GCMS but I learnt that only people living in Canada can apply, please any idea on how I can go about this.

Thanks to everyone as you help me on this questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kunlewisdom(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good day everyone, I am new here and Please I need your help on the following questions.

1. My brother applied for a study permit and was refused based on the following reasons:

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. [quote author=justwise post=88883946][/quote]

2. His Sponsor was our maternal Uncle he has a registered biz, but we don't bear the same surname, I will like to know if this could be one of the reasons why he was refused, any idea please.

3. I want him to re-apply for the Visa but I will like to know if he can change the sponsor at this stage to Mum and then myself as a co-sponsor I work in a manufacturing company, Mum has a business but not registered with CAC, can this be a barrier?

4. I want to request for his GCMS but I learnt that only people living in Canada can apply, please any idea on how I can go about this.

Thanks to everyone as you help me on this questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kunlewisdom(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2020

residence.

3. I want him to re-apply for the Visa but I will like to know if he can change the sponsor at this stage to Mum and then myself as a co-sponsor I work in a manufacturing company, Mum has a business but not registered with CAC, can this be a barrier?.

4. If it will be difficult to change the sponsor at this stage can we add a co-sponsor, either my self or Mum.

5. I want to request for his GCMS but I learnt that only people living in Canada can apply, please any idea on how I can go about this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
chigal4real:
please how can I reach you. please I have sent u a PM, pls reach out to me, I have similar challenge. please. thanks

Hi Chigal,

I got your PM, unfortunately, I am very busy at the moment. I do apologize.

Responding to each and every email I get via nairaland, will be time consuming for me.

Please feel free to ask your questions here and I will be more than happy to help out.

Have a great day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
jogojogo:

Thanks a million for your time brother, I appreciate, will make the needed corrections. I sent u an email. Pls reply, thanks. You can also reach me on chiomakateolaniyan122@yahoo.com

You are very much welcome Ma and I am happy to be of help.

Please be careful when posting your mail on a public forum. Anyone can claim to be me.

Just so you know, I did not and will not send you an email (just in case anyone reaches out to you and claims to be me).

I also got your PM but I am quite busy at the moment. I do apologize.

You can always ask your questions on here and I will try my best to answer them.

It is always better asking questions here. That way, you will get different opinions on how best to approach the issue, which leads to making the best decision on your application.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good day
please concerning the fraudulent statement of account issue raised on my statement.It was suggested that I should go to the bank and request for (my bank service) which I already did but now the problem is on the bank service application what is showing is canadian high commission Ghana and Canadian high commission nigeria:; there is no Canadian high commission kenya..

please what else can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello kunlewisdom

I’m giving a response to question 5.
You can apply for your GCMS notes using a third party site. You do not need to be in Canada to do this. Kindly google “GCMS notes sites Canada” there are several websites you can order from. We are not allowed to post such links here so I can’t post it. It costs between 12-20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready.

Best wishes
kunlewisdom:

residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

3. I want him to re-apply for the Visa but I will like to know if he can change the sponsor at this stage to Mum and then myself as a co-sponsor I work in a manufacturing company, Mum has a business but not registered with CAC, can this be a barrier?.

4. If it will be difficult to change the sponsor at this stage can we add a co-sponsor, either my self or Mum.

5. I want to request for his GCMS but I learnt that only people living in Canada can apply, please any idea on how I can go about this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Canhopeful:

When I logged into my account, I saw 'Application/profile updated' but there was no visible update.

Alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Trip2:
Dear Tobby10,
Have your bank send them your bank statement via MyBank.
The MyBank process allows your bank send the embassy your authentic bank statement directly in a secured format. Your bank will issue you a certificate/ticket that confirms your transaction. While you do this, still request your bank to write a confirmation letter on the authenticity of the statement. Your bank not want to write owing to the fact they did not send the bank statement directly to the embassy as their is the possibility of alteration in between the processes.
Take note again that the embassy is not questioning the authenticity of ur SOA in blindness. There is a red flag somewhere and be careful of your responses.

Overall, let your bank respond on your behalf.

Good luck

Good day
please concerning the fraudulent statement of account issue raised on my statement.It was suggested that I should go to the bank and request for (my bank service) which I already did but now the problem is on the bank service application what is showing is canadian high commission Ghana and Canadian high commission nigeria:; there is no Canadian high commission kenya..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Funded Scholarship

MSc Position in Animal Science, @ Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada.

The Successful applicant will receive stipend of $21,500/yr (2 years for MSc). For more information please contact Dr. Fraser Clark (fraser.clark@dal.ca)

If interested , find attached the screenshot for more details

Also, you can make use of the guides/contents/videos in the link below to apply for the M.SC Funded Position
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
FUNDED Scholarship

MSc Position in Plant Community Ecology, Saint Mary University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

If you are interested in research on the edge, please contact: Karen Harper, Adjunct Professor, Saint Mary’s University, Karen.Harper@smu.ca Forest Edge Research Network (FERN)

Also, you can make use of the guides/contents/videos in the link below to apply for the M.SC Funded Position
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello guys

My GCMS note came in today, eligibility passed (thank God) but I’m a bit confused cos I can’t find any VOs comment.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello guys

My GCMS note came in today, eligibility passed (thank God) but I’m a bit confused cos I can’t find any VOs comment.
Wow,

Congratulations, I can easily assume you got AIP
Quite surprised you didn't find the GCM note comment by the VO.

Kindly share your timeline & documents you submitted

Once again Congratulations

PPR loading for u

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello guys

when did you order it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tobyy10:

Good day

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tobyy10:

Good day

is the my bank statement something like this?

if yes then you’re good to go

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dalhousie is in Nova Scotia not New Brunswick
Lekiboboe:
Funded Scholarship

MSc Position in Animal Science, @ Dalhousie University, New Brunswick, Canada.

The Successful applicant will receive stipend of $21,500/yr (2 years for MSc). For more information please contact Dr. Fraser Clark (fraser.clark@dal.ca)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thank you
I saw notes at the bottom of the GCMS notes but nothing detailed, it’s not stated if the application has been approved, hence my confusion.

Applied: 18th of May
AIP: 6th Aug
MR: 9th Aug(can’t remember the exact date)
Medical passed: 28th Aug
Biometric passed: 29th Aug
Eligibility not passed yet on my profile.

Documents submitted
Admission letter
SOP
Sponsors statement of account (2 accounts)
My statement of account (2 accounts)
Gift deed (showing deposit of the POF from my sponsor to me)
Documents of landed properties in Lagos, Abuja(dads)
Employment letter
Letter of recommendation from employer
Affidavit of support from sponsor
IELTS result (added it since I already had it from a year ago)
Nysc cert
BA cert
Birth cert
Passport

I guess this is all or majorly all.

Lekiboboe:

Wow,

Congratulations, I can easily assume you got AIP
Quite surprised you didn't find the GCM note comment by the VO.

Kindly share your timeline & documents you submitted

Once again Congratulations

PPR loading for u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
8th of September
SKEPTA:

when did you order it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.