Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159587 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2020
I read it well. Do not feel attacked. The message is to remove that idea from his mind completely. It wasn’t for you.

Cheers
topacs:
Read again I said ''IF'' he's sure he packaged his application very well.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2020
Sorry to hear about it.

Have you ordered your gcms at any point? That would help, at least if you see you’ve passed eligibility, your mind will be at rest.

You can raise a web form as your application has gone over the normal processing time, but also order gcms if you haven’t.

You shall testify
blinn007:

The wait is not easy, applied since March, am thinking of maybe raising a web form, classes are getting less interesting for me these days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Hi oma22, honestly I'm always laughing at some monikers that applied from June downwards complaining about waiting..... We that applied since March need to be celebrated, wahlai many don't understand what it means for IRCC to place you in the waiting room of life.

Last last, it'll end in praise for us all in Jesus name
oma22:

Yours is May, I applied since March 8. I received my BVL in July and since then nothing. I agree with you that the wait is killing. But we just have to keep waiting, not like we have a choice at this point. Don’t worry it will come.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 23, 2020
Chocs:
Sorry to hear about it.

Have you ordered your gcms at any point? That would help, at least if you see you’ve passed eligibility, your mind will be at rest.

You can raise a web form as your application has gone over the normal processing time, but also order gcms if you haven’t.

You shall testify

Thank you, I have not ordered gcms note initially because I got Aip and Medical request, am thinking maybe I should have done so, could you please recommend any good one I could use? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 9:33am On Oct 23, 2020
Thank you

Lekiboboe:

Hi Chimzy,

1) Visit the link below for that

PG. Cert in Computer Science related programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/262#93202016

Also Google the following skools and their PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Computer Science Programs

- PG. cert , Information Systems Security – Computers and Networking
Durham College, Oshawa, ON

PG. Cert, Mobile Solutions Development
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

PG.Cert, Mobile Applications Development
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Web and Mobile App Design and Development
Langara College, Vancouver, BC

- PG. Cert. Mobile Application Development
Cambrian College, Sudbury, ON

- Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Computer and Information Systems
Douglas College, New Westminster, British Columbia

- PG. Cert, Computer Animation
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

- PG. Cert Computer Application Security

- PG.Cert, Computer Applications Development

- PG. Cert, Wireless Information Networking
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

PG. Cert, Wireless Network Infrastructure

PG. Cert, Wireless Networking
George Brown College, Toronto, ON

2) As regards Affordability, do check the Tuition for International Students of that program in the above schools, and choose the one that would likely be within ur budget.

Visit the link below on
How to check Schools (DLI) and know if they are eligible for PGWP
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/11#89109090
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Queenmama03(f): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2020
Okay thank you so much.

Chocs:
Hello

The plain rule is that you should have your 1 year tuition fee + at least 10,000 cad for your 1 year living expense.

But they might expect you to show more money if you’re self sponsored.

For your baby you would need an additional 4,000 cad or 5,000 cad if the school is in Quebec.

It’s also not just about demonstrating the fund, you need to show the fund will continue to be available throughout your studies.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2020
Ah, your application is very positive. Maybe it’s just stuck in an office that hasn’t started issuing PPR.

If you order gcms, PPR might likely come before it.

Most of the sites are more or less the same. I can’t really recommend any

Best wishes
blinn007:

Thank you, I have not ordered gcms note initially because I got Aip and Medical request, am thinking maybe I should have done so, could you please recommend any good one I could use? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 9:53am On Oct 23, 2020
rebecausoro:

My school is on the list but I don't think that's how they're giving the approvals.

The wait is killing me o. How can I apply since May and I won't be among the first to be approved cry cry cry cry.

I can't even read well and focus because of the anxiety. I feel emotionally drained because of Canada, coupled with the unrest in Nigeria.

Truly, the journey to Canada is not for the faint hearted.

Has anyone else received BVL?

When are you resuming classes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2020
Yours March. I applied February and i have December 2019 applicant sef

oma22:

Yours is May, I applied since March 8. I received my BVL in July and since then nothing. I agree with you that the wait is killing. But we just have to keep waiting, not like we have a choice at this point. Don’t worry it will come.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello, new here!
and i have a couple of questions,
my dad recently sent money into a new savings account last month from his business, that is meant for my education.
I have the certificate of the registration of his business that he used, but that is all i can show as he doesnt want the businesses account to be shown or any other details of the business, all he is allowing me to show of the business is the registration certificate.
Can i still use the savings account statement as a financial document and use the business registration certificate to show that the money transferred into the account is from the business owned by my dad? or i should just forgo the saving account to not cause any mistakes in my application?
Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2020
LordAA:

When are you resuming classes?

I started classes since September o. All of my classes are live on Zoom. It was interesting at first but it has started to become funny, especially without the permit approval. People are even asking me weird questions concerning my travel and I don't even know how to respond because Canada is messing things up for me... I can't access my funding money because I'm not in Canada yet. I even had to renew house rent that I didn't plan to renew. Things are just funny.

I have three presentations within the next two weeks and I can't focus without thinking about study permit. Sorry that I'm ranting. I can be so emotional like that.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2020
@Frank. Please I don't really understand this Passport submission. I don't know what to do. VAC nigeria is not working. I have sent a mail to Ghana. Still nothing. They just sent an automated message. Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sumji: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2020
About 1 year and 2 days ago, was denied a Canadian study visa FOR THE SECOND TIME. I shared my profile and story here, then.

I bring you goods news from the UK! This is not for everyone...

The 2 years PGWP in the UK is currently on. Hopefully, it continues for a long period.
I'm in the UK for studies and my visa was approved without heartache and 21days fasting,... Posting this here to encourage anyone that might be burdened by unjustified Canadian refusals; the UK ain't too bad.

You're probably wondering if I've given up on PR? How dare I, at all! No doubt, PR is a long stretch in the UK (10 years), but this place can actually serve as a springboard! With some work experience, depending on how attractive the pay is here, I can choose to stay back or pursue Canada with a different approach (Express Entry) or Australia (points-based system).

My future kids deserve the privilege of options. Whether I relocate to Nigeria in the long run or not, I'll get my PR first, legally! For now, I just wanna see the world.

#EndSars

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2020
blinn007:

The wait is not easy, applied since March, am thinking of maybe raising a web form, classes are getting less interesting for me these days.

Let's still have hope. Since our applications have been moving together, maybe we may get the approval at the same time too. It's not easy. I raised multiple web forms but no response at all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Maxsbez:
Hello good day everyone one of the user here helped me in making payments to my school while I send her naira equivalent I only agreed to this because the school confirmed first.... she made execess of 2500cad... she contacted her bank to that effect and I later found out about 4000cad was voided by the school back to her bank... after confirming to her it has be returned to her bank she is yet to give me a valid reply and I woke up this morning to see she blocked my two numbers... have already mailed the school to this effect...
Anything else I could do am not about to loose 1500cad like this please help

The school replied and said We cannot assist with returned payments requested by banks...anything else I could do help guys.... her moniker is adakuchidiebere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:37am On Oct 23, 2020
Maxsbez:

The school replied and said We cannot assist with returned payments requested by banks...anything else I could do help guys.... her moniker is adakuchidiebere

Mehn.. Theres nothing you can do.. In stuffs like this, you need to verify the person ,get contacts of the people close to the person either in Nigeria or outside.
gimme her number, either nigerian of Canadian
And address in canada.
Her full name also

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tee1583: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello gurus, please ohhhh I still expect a good feedback from you all. Biko don't be silent on my matter�

I am trying to get transcript from my uni and I need cogent feedback to know where to send it to.

Thank you in advance.

Tee1583:
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here, and I have been reading up on the thread. They have been quite insightful. Please I would appreciate if I can be guided in my decision making.

Here is my scenario

I studied chemical engineering with a 2.2 graduated in 2004, worked in an oil servicing coy as a process engineer for like 7years. After which I didnt do anything for like 3years. I started a beauty business in 2015, Salon/Spa.

I would love to do a postgraduate program in canada.

Now my real question is which pgd is advisable to go for with a high probabilityof admission and Study Visa?

In chemical engineering field or in business management? Betterstill any other program advise?

Also I would appreciate suggestions on which province has high visa approval and suggestions of colleges I can apply to.

I would appreciate your kind responses.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2020
Tee1583:

Hello gurus, please ohhhh I still expect a good feedback from you all. Biko don't be silent on my matter�

I am trying to get transcript from my uni and I need cogent feedback to know where to send it to.

Thank you in advance.
My 2kobo is for your to do a PGD in chemical engineering. Don't let the visa officer know about the last 3yrs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2020
fratermathy:

Most of those with approvals had their applications sent to China. I think some visa offices are yet to start issuing approvals. So far, it appears that China and UAE's visa offices have issued approvals en masse. There are also pockets of approvals from London, Poland and a few other visa offices. I doubt if the Nairobi office has started issuing approvals en masse. If your application was retained by that office then you have to be patient. If it was sent to another office, then when that office starts issuing approvals, you'll definitely get.

It's also possible that IRCC is trying to stagger the approvals by allowing only some offices to issue approvals at a time. Or maybe it's on a weekly basis. I'm only conjecturing. We can never tell. Let's see what next week brings. For those still awaiting their approvals, you have to be patient and move beyond the temporary delay. Don't allow IRCC to give you high blood pressure over nothing.

Bro please check your PM!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2020
Please who is Brandon here oo!! Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PanicButton: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

Great job so far from the contributors on this forum. My friend is quite frustrated because she believes her efforts isn't yielding the desired result. Firstly, I want to pose this question. Is it usually this hard and tedious to gain admissions for a masters program? She has written to over 15 supervisors in various schools but yet, no response from them whatsoever. I proofread her emails to these supervisors, and suffice to say that it is fairly standard in composition. She has a good profile; an upper second class honours, a research published in a reputable journal, and a good academic background. Her first degree was in geography, and intends to further her studies with a postgraduate degree in geography. Can someone advise on areas of improvements, or tidbit of information that may assist her. She is getting worried and sad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello PanicButton,
Sorry to hear about your friend. I had a taste of what she’s going through. I got into a thesis-based MSc and I can assure you it’s not always easy. It wasn’t for me.

Getting constant rejections breaks your spirit. I gave up at a point. And one day, in my sad state, I sent a subpar email, and that was the one that got me a supervisor.

My point is persistence is key! She should pick up herself and keep trying. She should try other schools and more supervisors. Make sure her proposed project matches with what the supervisor is interested in and working on. She should keep her email short and straight to the point. They don’t have time to read long emails.

A format to try in contacting supervisor
•Greetings (1 line)
•Aim of sending the email (2-3 lines, you’re looking for a supervisor, state the start date you’re looking to work with)
•Brief summary of the project you want to work on (5 lines) let them know you are interested in it, but open to working on something else. Don’t be too rigid
•State your past publications if any (topic and journal published 5 lines)
•Tell them you’ve checked the admission requirement for the program and you qualify (make sure you check and actually qualify) (2 lines max)
•Closing greeting

She can attach her CV (Canadian standard)as and abstract from her previous publication. If she can, a brief research proposal for the proposed project (1-2 pages)

If she has funds, she can look into a course based program.

All the best
PanicButton:
Hi everyone,

Great job so far from the contributors on this forum. My friend is quite frustrated because she believes her efforts isn't yielding the desired result. Firstly, I want to pose this question. Is it usually this hard and tedious to gain admissions for a masters program? She has written to over 15 supervisors in various schools but yet, no response from them whatsoever. I proofread her emails to these supervisors, and suffice to say that it is fairly standard in composition. She has a good profile; an upper second class honours, a research published in a reputable journal, and a good academic background. Her first degree was in geography, and intends to further her studies with a postgraduate degree in geography. Can someone advise on areas of improvements, or tidbit of information that may assist her. She is getting worried and sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tonygrinds(m): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2020
Since you’ve a master’s degree why not just do IELTS, score high and then apply as a permanent resident?
Chydon4God:
Please I need someone to guide me, I have first degree in chemistry and masters in operations and supply chain management and then banking experience. I want to go to Canada to study another Masters. Should I make it chemistry related or banking related to enable me get visa easily?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2020
Anon123:

Mehn.. Theres nothing you can do.. In stuffs like this, you need to verify the person ,get contacts of the people close to the person either in Nigeria or outside.
gimme her number, either nigerian of Canadian
And address in canada.
Her full name also

I have sent you a mail thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2020
PanicButton:
Hi everyone,

Hi PanicButton,

Getting a Supervisor for MASTERS in CANADA is like a full time job, most esp. for international students, too some extent that over 15 professor is not enough, av seen a guy who mailed like 60 professors, it was like 3 Supervisors he got a Positive Response from.

So she shouldn't be sad and worried, she should rise up and refire...

She should Contact more Profs. cos there are tons of schools offering Masters in Geography in Canada

The link below has over 40 Canadian schools for Masters in Geography, she should google & visit the website of the skools, check staff profiles of the Geography Dept. of the schools, and check research areas interests and Contact (e-mail) of the professors in Geography, am sure she would get substantial number of PROFs to mail.

She should make sure her Research Interest in Geography matches the the PROFS. Research areas.

Masters in Geography Programs in Canada Universities
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Geography&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

You can tell her to use the content below to REVAMP her Masters Admission Application and Contact More Supervisors

Guides/contents/videos on how to apply for M.SC & also possible M.SC Funded (Scholarship) Position in Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

All da best to her!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2020
HI FRIENDS. I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM GHANA. HAS ANY ONE USED THIS BEFORE FOR PASSPORT SUBMISSION? PLEASE REPLY

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2020
hello people. I'm ola. a newbie. just getting along. but what does AIP. BVL. PPR etc mean??
I'm finding it hard to comprehend. thanks.

plus i friend sent her proof of funds transcript and it was approved within two weeks. whats next??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2020
It seems you identified your Dad as you sponsor, if so, The CAC of his business would serve as proof of the legitimacy of his business.
If the business solely belongs to your Dad, the SOA of the business would serve as proof that your Dad has a profitable source of income and can sponsor you. But you mentioned that he does want to include the document, so you can just add only the CAC
As for the lump sum for your education which he deposited in your account. You have to state clearly in your SOP that the money is from your Dad as proof of his readiness to cover all your expenses throughout your stay
JohnErrin:
Hello, new here!
and i have a couple of questions,
my dad recently sent money into a new savings account last month from his business, that is meant for my education.
I have the certificate of the registration of his business that he used, but that is all i can show as he doesnt want the businesses account to be shown or any other details of the business, all he is allowing me to show of the business is the registration certificate.
Can i still use the savings account statement as a financial document and use the business registration certificate to show that the money transferred into the account is from the business owned by my dad? or i should just forgo the saving account to not cause any mistakes in my application?
Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2020
AIP APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE
BVL BIOMETRIC VALIDITY LETTER
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello,

Welcome to the house

AIP - approval in principle. It was a system created due to covid-19 where people were given an approval to start online classes before finalization of the study permit processing
BVL - biometric validity letter. You get this when your application decision has been made. A day or 2 after you’ll get your decision.
PPR- passport request. If approved, you’ll be asked to send your passport

I don’t understand the last part of your text. What was approved? Her visa? If yes, she should send her passport.

Take care
olabisi6438:
hello people. I'm ola. a newbie. just getting along. but what does AIP. BVL. PPR etc mean??
I'm finding it hard to comprehend. thanks.

plus i friend sent her proof of funds transcript and it was approved within two weeks. whats next??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckybelt: 11:56am On Oct 23, 2020
Is it true that one needs a current international passport to register for IELTS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.