Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156011 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
olowoba2:
Please what is the current CRS score benchmark?

Hello Olowoba2,

471 October 14th draw.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EngrCGD: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
@BlegendE please check your email bro, i sent you an email....i look forward to your reply.

[quote author=BlegendE post=95251014][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Anon123:

Thank you in advance.
My 2kobo is for your to do a PGD in chemical engineering. Don't let the visa officer know about the last 3yrs.

The moniker stands a good chance with a business management course given the long study gap inbetween the previous study and work experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Manifoldlove: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Chat me up, this is a small issue.

Maxsbez:
Hello good day everyone one of the user here helped me in making payments to my school while I send her naira equivalent I only agreed to this because the school confirmed first.... she made execess of 2500cad... she contacted her bank to that effect and I later found out about 4000cad was voided by the school back to her bank... after confirming to her it has be returned to her bank she is yet to give me a valid reply and I woke up this morning to see she blocked my two numbers... have already mailed the school to this effect...
Anything else I could do am not about to loose 1500cad like this please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifeomaanita2: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Greetings.
Pls guys, I'm a graduate of international relations 2018. Finished my nysc last year and I just got admission to study personal support worker diploma in evergreen college . All my documents are complete but Im really confused about how to get a tie with Nigeria as I'm not married nor have any major property. I need your advice guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
PanicButton:
Hi everyone,

Great job so far from the contributors on this forum. My friend is quite frustrated because she believes her efforts isn't yielding the desired result. Firstly, I want to pose this question. Is it usually this hard and tedious to gain admissions for a masters program? She has written to over 15 supervisors in various schools but yet, no response from them whatsoever. I proofread her emails to these supervisors, and suffice to say that it is fairly standard in composition. She has a good profile; an upper second class honours, a research published in a reputable journal, and a good academic background. Her first degree was in geography, and intends to further her studies with a postgraduate degree in geography. Can someone advise on areas of improvements, or tidbit of information that may assist her. She is getting worried and sad.

Hello PanicButton,

Your friend should check for M.sc Soil Science in Manitoba or some other schools. Fairly standard isn't good enough. If her publication is related to soil science then good. In another situation, the said person could draft maybe a 14 page unpublished journal related to soil science as an ongoing research work. Encourage the person not to relent, as this is the best time to search for supervisor ahead of Fall 2021.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Going for personal support work after an international degree relations might raise the question of purpose of visit. Do you have any work experience or convincing reason for choosing this course? This has to be stated in your SOP. You can use your parents properties, family as home ties. If you’re still young, not much would be expected from you in terms of home ties.
Ifeomaanita2:
Greetings.
Pls guys, I'm a graduate of international relations 2018. Finished my nysc last year and I just got admission to study personal support worker diploma in evergreen college . All my documents are complete but Im really confused about how to get a tie with Nigeria as I'm not married nor have any major property. I need your advice guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
Luckybelt:
Is it true that one needs a current international passport to register for IELTS?

True!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
You used something in an application that didn’t work out, why not adjust? You’re still trying to use same thing. Times have changed since you last applied and your situation can change too.

If I’m the visa officer, I would not believe your story.

If you have a good job, then tie your coming back to that. How the degree would make you advance career wise etc. You can mention your dad’s own on the side. But that shouldn’t be the main thing. That’s my opinion.

Best wishes

Thank you boss, as suggested will change the course to tally with my current job role and use the dad's own as side work. I appreciate the responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifeomaanita2: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Going for personal support work after an international degree relations might raise the question of purpose of visit. Do you have any work experience or convincing reason for choosing this course? This has to be stated in your SOP. You can use your parents properties, family as home ties. If you’re still young, not much would be expected from you in terms of home ties.

Yeah I did a volunteer work in 2018 that is related to this course and yes I stated in my SOO about the family ties but I’m not so sure about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
highmey:
Hello Everyone,

A quick one; please is there any school that accepts Nigerian PGD in Canada for their Masters Programme. I know some schools in UK accepts it though.

I have both HND (Upper Credit) and PGD (Distinction) both in Computer Science as I intend going for Masters in Data Analytics/Big Data/Artificial Intelligence.

I've made lots of research on this, but it seems most Canadian Unis accepts only HND or BSc (2.2) for their PGD/C.

Please help, your input will be very much appreciated!!!

Hello Highmey,

You can. Ensure to contact the DLI before commencing your admission application.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckybelt: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
Anon123:

For canada you do not even need IELTS
For IRCC, EE and SINP? I know I don't need it for school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
Tee1583:
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here, and I have been reading up on the thread. They have been quite insightful. Please I would appreciate if I can be guided in my decision making.

Here is my scenario

I studied chemical engineering with a 2.2 graduated in 2004, worked in an oil servicing coy as a process engineer for like 7years. After which I didnt do anything for like 3years. I started a beauty business in 2015, Salon/Spa.

I would love to do a postgraduate program in canada.

Now my real question is which pgd is advisable to go for with a high probabilityof admission and Study Visa?

In chemical engineering field or in business management? Betterstill any other program advise?

Also I would appreciate suggestions on which province has high visa approval and suggestions of colleges I can apply to.

I would appreciate your kind responses.

In my own opinion a PG. Cert or Post Baccalaureate Diploma in a Business related Program is what you should go for owing to your Salon-Spa Beauty Business u are into since 2015.

You might not be able to address the educational gap & work gap cos 2004 & 2011 is a long time, a Visa Officer might assume you have bin away from academics and work experience relating to ur degree for a long time now

Since u are going for a Program not related to ur degree, the information in the link below will be helpful (colleges offering PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Program In Business)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/212#92606921
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
Olayinkaji:
Good day guys, can i ask a question again.

Will it be a red-flag on my 2nd application if I switch from my previous visa-denial course (IT-Network administration) to now Project Management (my work experience).

cc @lekiboboe @Chocs @Frankrobbn (still awaiting your mail reply sir)

Hello Olayinkaji,

You're on the right track. Only talk about the new program in your application.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
JohnErrin:
basic Question:
we have 5 landed properties and i want to put all to add to my financial support.
but the maximum file size to upload is 4mb
what parts of the landed property documents do i put, so i can fit all of it in?
i have the deed of assignment and the survey plans for all of them.
Thanks for the help

The survey plan is okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ifeomaanita2:
Greetings.
Hi Ifeoma,

You are a Grad. In International Relations

A Masters in International Relations should be wat u should go for (if u av a First Class or 2.1)

A PG.Cert in International relations or related course ( if u av a 2.2 or 3rd Class)

Have u tot of the Career Progression of what u wanna study (Diploma in Personal Support Worker)

- Cos a B.SC graduate going for a DIPLOMA is a Red Flag.

- Program not related to ur former degree is a Red Flag

This are what a Visa Officer would likely look at.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Find attached the received email from vfs Accra

Thank you.

The passport here should be international passport not passport photograph as you earlier stated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
I still look forward to reading your views on this please

Glasses08:
Yes, I requested a gcms note. Here's the VO's point:

"No support for previous travel to assess as a positive. No support for personal income funds from a third party. Assessment of obligation is not practical. Not satisfied of provenance of and thus availability of funds to meet requirements of R216. After considering the applicants academic and professional history their financial situation as well as there planned studies and explanation provided for it, I am not satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student who who will pursue studies in Canada. The stated benefits of their intended studies does not seem to warrant the cost and difficulty of undergoing a foreign education. I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the period authorised for their stay as required by R216(b). Refused."

I wasn't working as at then in 2018 because I just completed my NYSC and was still searching. However I have a good job now and reasonable amount in my savings. I have also completed my ICAN exams and qualified as a chartered accountant. I have also acquired a landed property in my name and also have a good pension fund so I hope those will address his other concerns. And I have fully explained those in my LOE. I have also worked better on my purpose of study and buttressed the point more in my LOE.

However, I wasn't really able to write valid points to address the travel history.

Then I am not so sure of the VO's concern about the proof of fund as my sponsor is my uncle who bears the same surname with me and my dad is late and my uncle has been the one sponsoring my education since I was in high school, I have also explained this in my LOE. Is there anything else you think the VO might want to see in this regard.

I will appreciate more suggestions from the house on how I can improve my chances.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Ifeoma,

You are a Grad. In International Relations

A Masters in International Relations should be wat u should go for (if u av a First Class or 2.1)

A PG.Cert in International relations or related course ( if u av a 2.2 or 3rd Class)

Have u tot of the Career Progression of what u wanna study (Diploma in Personal Support Worker)

- Cos a B.SC graduate going for a DIPLOMA is a Red Flag.

- Program not related to ur former degree is a Red Flag

This are what a Visa Officer would likely look at.

Hello Lekiboboe,

Been a while. In communion to what has been said:

Master in International Relations may not be an easy ride to get in for international studies in Canada. It seems almost impossible. The moniker may also want to check some Leadership, Management, Business, Linguistic, Gender studies courses.

I look forward to your testimony.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
LordAA:

First time applicant
My timeline is below

Application: 8th September
Biometrics request : 9th September
Medical request : 17th September
AIP: 19th September
Medical passed: 30th September
Biometrics updated: 6 October
Biometrics Validity Letter: 21st October
Passport request: 22nd October

I already resumed classes online for Fall 2020

Document submitted
-All 3 I ME form required
-SOP
- Statement of account
- Affidavit of support
- Letter of sponsorship
- Degree(s) Certificate
- Nysc Certificate
- Letter of recommendation I received from my boss after NYSC
- Letter of support from my thesis supervisor.
- Sponsors land documents as ties to home country
- Sponsors identity card
- Birth certificate and siblings birth certificate.

Tip:
- Avoid putting unnecessary documents.
- Arrange your documents properly.
- Prayer and fasting
- Less sin grin

Thank you everyone in this forum especially;
Frankrobbn1
JustMellow
Naijaforeigner
Lekiboboe

You can ask your question here if you have any. I will respond as soon as possible.

All the best everyone cool

Hello LordAA,

Beautiful Timeline and Big Congratulations.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
GCkey account returning back to home page.

Is like IRCC working on our applications.

Ghost updates Soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dre1intown: 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
Good day everyone in here, Am a graduate of Bsc in Accounting 2.2,pls enlighten me abt which Canadian pgd school and course i can apply fall 2021. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by biyilove200(m): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
Thank you so much
I appreciate your response.

JustMellow:

Hello Biyilove200,

The bold text even though past still managed to caught my eyes. If actually you truly intend to take over your father's business based on the tone of the urgency, you should have gone for a 1 or 2 year PGD/C program instead of 4 year buried in a B.sc after a first B.sc. This may just be the thought of the VO amongst others.

Its good to see you've made some positive adjustment. Ensure your economic home tie to your intended study be linked and tied to the most suited ties. In this case, your current employment should be the principal economic tie
or use the address of one of your dad's real estate to register a Marketing Firm, which would be a startup location for the establishment that would be into xxxxx.

Kindly don't just say you're coming to back as a realtor to manage your father's real estates with a certificate in SMC. It may look sellable but not reasonably advised. Write a good Letter as you would do for a fresh application. Let the past be.
Include necessary documents for your source of funds and maybe freelancing payments and reference letters from some clients that is tandem to the operations of the prospect firm.

Lastly, demonstrate how well-established your parents are. There is no to attach evidence if applicable.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
It’s passport photograph but applies only to PR. They confirmed it and I posted an update here. You might come across it later
LordAA:

Thank you.

The passport here should be international passport not passport photograph as you earlier stated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

Been a while. In communion to what has been said:

Master in International Relations may not be an easy ride to get in for international studies in Canada. It seems almost impossible. The moniker may also want to check some Leadership, Management, Business, Linguistic, Gender studies courses.

I look forward to your testimony.

All the best
Hi JustMellow,

Trust you are doing great?

Really, Almost Impossible? Can u kindly enlighten me on that briefly smiley

Thanks so much, its gonna end in Praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hey Dameelee

I was just going through my gcms notes again and noticed there is actually a portion in the notes for original passprt request with a due date stated there. Can you check and confirm if the date stated in yours has passed yet?

Cc: @skepta @Lekiboboe
Dameelee:

I just checked and there is no comment but I just attached the assessment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2020
LordAA:

First time applicant
My timeline is below

Application: 8th September
Biometrics request : 9th September
Medical request : 17th September
AIP: 19th September
Medical passed: 30th September
Biometrics updated: 6 October
Biometrics Validity Letter: 21st October
Passport request: 22nd October

I already resumed classes online for Fall 2020

Document submitted
-All 3 I ME form required
-SOP
- Statement of account
- Affidavit of support
- Letter of sponsorship
- Degree(s) Certificate
- Nysc Certificate
- Letter of recommendation I received from my boss after NYSC
- Letter of support from my thesis supervisor.
- Sponsors land documents as ties to home country
- Sponsors identity card
- Birth certificate and siblings birth certificate.

Tip:
- Avoid putting unnecessary documents.
- Arrange your documents properly.
- Prayer and fasting
- Less sin grin

Thank you everyone in this forum especially;
Frankrobbn1
JustMellow
Naijaforeigner
Lekiboboe

You can ask your question here if you have any. I will respond as soon as possible.

All the best everyone cool

Congratulations LordAA, to God be the Glory

That ur 4th TIP ehn grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
dre1intown:
Good day everyone in here, Am a graduate of Bsc in Accounting 2.2,pls enlighten me abt which Canadian pgd school and course i can apply fall 2021. Thanks
Hi Dre,

The links below contains PGD/PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting

PGD in Accounting
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Graduate+level+certificate%2Fdiploma&program_language=ENGLISH

PG. Cert and Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Accounting&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Please for those that have received PPR and also applied for gcms notes that was received prior to PPR, can u please compare your notes to check if the due date mentioned under passport request is the same date your PPR dropped. Orginal passport request is under the correspondence section (outgoing).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations LordAA, to God be the Glory

That ur 4th TIP ehn grin
I fee say na only me see am o. May Almighty God forgive our short comings and give us PPR. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
Eilenora:
Please for those that have received PPR and also applied for gcms notes that was received prior to PPR, can u please compare your notes to check if the due date mentioned under passport request is the same date your PPR dropped. Orginal passport request is under the correspondence section (outgoing)

For the bolded, if you see it like this in your GCMS note does it mean very soon you'll get the request? That is after seeing, Eligibility Criminality and Medical passed despite no Med Request?

Lekiboboe, Frank, Choc, Anon123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
NairaLuck:

I fee say na only me see am o. May Almighty God forgive our short comings and give us PPR. grin grin

Amin o... Make God show us mercy like David cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.