Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159387 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
I’ve never heard of this before. Hope she’s not using an agent? You submit everything at once(except maybe for biometrics and medical exam) and wait for a response. Documents are not approved one by one as far as I know.

she is using an agent. probably thats why
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Vfs in Nigeria is closed.

Looks like only Lagos is closed. Abuja VAC is open .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
olabisi6438:

no, her visa isn't approved. she (my friend) actually said the first step which is her statement of account has been approved. after the approval of funds or proof of funds whats next?
what do you mean by statement of account has been approved !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Olayinkaji:
Good day guys, can i ask a question again.

Will it be a red-flag on my 2nd application if I switch from my previous visa-denial course (IT-Network administration) to now Project Management (my work experience).

cc @lekiboboe @Chocs @Frankrobbn (still awaiting your mail reply sir)

Hi Hon. Olayinkaji,

Well in my own opinion, u can do either of them,
most esp. If u want to upgrade your Skillset to the latest Technology in IT/Internet Networking, so doing a PG. Cert in a program related to that can fly..

but u also showed in ur Statement that

"I am presently a part time Network Administrator in my fathers secondary school(i coordinate and install all internet/network issues around the college) which made me manage a lots of projects around the school"

With the above You have shown u are skilled & Proficient in the that (IT /Networking N+)

If u want to go for Project Management, that means ur Dad now has staffs who are into installation of Internet/Networking N+ in the skool in which u want to be coordinating based on your experience , and coordinating is an attribute of Project Management. Since u don't av an academic background in Project Management, then a PG.Cert in Project Management can be a good shot for u.

I hope this helps!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
She should check to be sure she has not been scammed o. That’s not how it’s done. One chance agents!

olabisi6438:

she is using an agent. probably thats why

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dayjeee(m): 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hello house,

Anyone applied to Cape Breton University?

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Hon. Olayinkaji,

Well in my own opinion, u can do either of them,
most esp. If u want to upgrade your Skillset to the latest Technology in IT/Internet Networking, so doing a PG. Cert in a program related to that can fly..

but u also showed in ur Statement that

"I am presently a part time Network Administrator in my fathers secondary school(i coordinate and install all internet/network issues around the college) which made me manage a lots of projects around the school"

With the above You have shown u are skilled & Proficient in the that (IT /Networking N+)

If u want to go for Project Management, that means ur Dad now has staffs who are into installation of Internet/Networking N+ in the skool in which u want to be coordinating based on your experience , and coordinating is an attribute of Project Management. Since u don't av an academic background in Project Management, then a PG.Cert in Project Management can be a good shot for u.

I hope this helps!!!

Thank you boss fr the explanation. Why I decided was also because my full-time job is actually a project officer (managing projects/business transformation); I was advised to go for a pg cert in pm since my full-time job is actually on projects, hence was trying to clarify if changing course case won't affect me while applying 2nd time.
In lieu to your statement above "If u want to go for Project Management, that means ur Dad now has staffs who are into installation of Internet/Networking N+ in the skool in which u want to be coordinating based on your experience", it will be advisable for me to have an explanation like this on my SOP i.e having that projects managerial experience for future coordination of dad's skool whilst advancing career in going for the pg cert.

Hope I am on the right path? Sorry for asking too many questions, trying to gather all knowledge for 2nd-time application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Find attached the received email from vfs Accra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
I am asking because I feel intimidated , most of the PPRs yesterday got fundings. Lol , I think its one of the criteria of getting approved

Also , Is a bank statement of 10million and over 3 lands on the right track? I'm 22 and sponsor is dad. I don't have much money in my own account

Lekiboboe:

No they don't , only MASTERS & PH.D get funding due to the RESEARCH WORK involved

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
It’s not a criteria. It just improves their funding situation. Nobody expects a 22 year old to have life figured out. I think you’re overthinking.

Your dad is a strong sponsor, if he had money to cover your tuition, living expenses and some left for him, with no unexplained lump sum deposit. And you showed his source of income properly (payslip/business registration doc) then you’re good to go

Oreoluwamipo:
I am asking because I feel intimidated , most of the PPRs yesterday got fundings. Lol , I think its one of the criteria of getting approved

Also , Is a bank statement of 10million and over 3 lands on the right track? I'm 22 and sponsor is dad. I don't have much money in my own account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Why are you focusing on your dad’s school instead of your actual job? I’m curious
Olayinkaji:

Thank you boss fr the explanation. Why I decided was also because my full-time job is actually a project officer (managing projects/business transformation); I was advised to go for a pg cert in pm since my full-time job is actually on projects, hence was trying to clarify if changing course case won't affect me while applying 2nd time.
In lieu to your statement above "If u want to go for Project Management, that means ur Dad now has staffs who are into installation of Internet/Networking N+ in the skool in which u want to be coordinating based on your experience", it will be advisable for me to have an explanation like this on my SOP i.e having that projects managerial experience for future coordination of dad's skool whilst advancing career in going for the pg cert.

Hope I am on the right path? Sorry for asking too many questions, trying to gather all knowledge for 2nd-time application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
JohnErrin:
basic Question:
we have 5 landed properties and i want to put all to add to my financial support.
but the maximum file size to upload is 4mb
what parts of the landed property documents do i put, so i can fit all of it in?
i have the deed of assignment and the survey plans for all of them.
Thanks for the help

have you tried compressing the documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
She should check to be sure she has not been scammed o. That’s not how it’s done. One chance agents!

Hello, thank you.
i just clarified. it says. the letter for bank statement was approved from the bank. and it was sent to the embassy.
thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buckyfof(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hello guys

I’ve been monitoring this thread silently, I just want to know how long it takes for university of Regina to process admission for post graduate students

I have a second class upper in accounting with a CGPA of 3.63 from the university of ilorin.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Why are you focusing on your dad’s school instead of your actual job? I’m curious

That was what I used initially in my first application as I was going for a diploma course in Network Administration. The only way I could ascertain my going for the course was using my dad's school saying I installed networks against my actual job since there were no cogent links between PM and network adminstartion (this has been pointed out by Chocs as a big mistake from my part a)going for diploma and b) going for network course instead of pm)))
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
SKEPTA:

have you tried compressing the documents?

I have but if i do a normal compression the file is about 6MB, but if i do a strong compression the file will be 3.39MB but the quality of the images are really low
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Madam , it's you and not your friend.

olabisi6438:

Hello, thank you.
i just clarified. it says. the letter for bank statement was approved from the bank. and it was sent to the embassy.
thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Maxsbez:
Hello good day everyone one of the user here helped me in making payments to my school while I send her naira equivalent I only agreed to this because the school confirmed first.... she made execess of 2500cad... she contacted her bank to that effect and I later found out about 4000cad was voided by the school back to her bank... after confirming to her it has be returned to her bank she is yet to give me a valid reply and I woke up this morning to see she blocked my two numbers... have already mailed the school to this effect...
Anything else I could do am not about to loose 1500cad like this please help

Hello Maxsbez,

What's the person's moniker?

Is this individual a PR or still an active student in Canada? You said she blocked you on WhatsApp, what about calls too or same was meted?

What details do you know about this person as a resident in Canada and what province is she?

Someone may be able to help with the answers to the above.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
buckyfof:
Hello guys

I’ve been monitoring this thread silently, I just want to know how long it takes for university of Regina to process admission for post graduate students

I have a second class upper in accounting with a CGPA of 3.63 from the university of ilorin.

sincerely i think it takes a long time o. but cant say. someone applied in january and got admittd by may. (she used a travel company)

maybe if you apply personally it might take less time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:
Madam , it's you and not your friend.
best friend actually
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:

Its not a criteria

Honorable Heidpaperr has given u a detailed response in your enquiry.

In addition to that,
Convert your Tuition fee & ur compulsory One Year living expenses ($10,000 CAD) to Naira to know if the #10 million will be sufficient or not.

I feel the 3-Lands should serve as your Home-Ties (Something that can compel u to come back to Nigeria after ur studies) , cos it is very mandatory for you to show Home-Ties, Family Ties & Economic Ties in your SOP & Documents for your CLIENT INFORMATION

You might want to check the links below links below for more information

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Statement of Purpose (SOP) Step-by-Step Guidelines
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
I have been over thinking , thanks for the relief.

heidepaper:
It’s not a criteria. It just improves their funding situation. Nobody expects a 22 year old to have life figured out. I think you’re overthinking.

Your dad is a strong sponsor, if he had money to cover your tuition, living expenses and some left for him, with no unexplained lump sum deposit. And you showed his source of income properly (payslip/business registration doc) then you’re good to go

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
JohnErrin:

I have but if i do a normal compression the file is about 6MB, but if i do a strong compression the file will be 3.39MB but the quality of the images are really low
Av u tried PrimoPDF,
Have used it bfor, the size was reduced (2mb to 400KB) and the quality of the image was still quite ok and visible.

Trick for Compressing your Documents (PrimoPDF) aside using ilovepdf etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/49#89624823

Give this a Trial....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adwoa816: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations on your approval. I would advice you renew your passport as soon as possible before submitting your passport to the VAC. The old passport will be cancelled without prejudice.

It will end in praise.

Thanks a lot. Please that means I should submit both the old and the new passport, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
Thank you so much .

Lekiboboe:

Its not a criteria

Honorable Heidpaperr has given u a detailed response in your enquiry.

In addition to that,
Convert your Tuition fee & ur compulsory One Year living expenses ($10,000 CAD) to Naira to know if the #10 million will be sufficient or not.

I feel the 3-Lands should serve as your Home-Ties (Something that can compel u to come back to Nigeria after ur studies) , cos it is very mandatory for you to show Home-Ties, Family Ties & Economic Ties in your SOP & Documents for your CLIENT INFORMATION

You might want to check the links below links below for more information

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Statement of Purpose (SOP) Step-by-Step Guidelines
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Please has anybody gotten admission to study at NAIT (northern Alberta institute of technology)??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EngrCGD: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
@BlegendE Please bro can i have your personal contact or write you on email please, I'm also going for Masters in Engineering, i had OND and B.ENG from mechanical engineering and intend to apply at university of Saskatchewan for masters, can i get you in contact please, there are few things i do like to know as well.
Thanks

BlegendE:
PPR DROPPED. How do i start ooooo...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

my journey started in 2019.

I graduated from Nnamdi Azikie University with 4.25cgpa Mechanical Engineering in 2014

I served in 2016(NYSC). I DON FIND JOB TIRE OOOOOOO.
At a point, i gave up. I stopped applying for jobs. I just focused on playing piano in my church, and also, my father's business.

I was accepted into the university of Saskatchewan for Msc, 2019.

Then i was accepted for 2019 september term.

I was dupped of 450,000 naira by my friend's agent. Very long story. Then, i found out in August 28th 2019. By Then, it was already late. so i deferred again to 2020 January. I applied again through another agent. My money was refunded after wasting one month of precious time. I applied again, late November myself. No help from anyone. i gathered all documents with small account statement. I was denied in January 2020.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

At this point i almost gaveeeeeee up ooooo.

But i picked up the courage again. Then i gathered all required documents and then appled again in June.

SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS

ACCOUNT STATEMENT
LETTER OF EXPLANATION
Sworn Affidavit
Sponsorship letter from my dad registered company.
CAC DOCUMENTS
LETTER OF COMPANY DIRECTORS
LETTER OF SHAREHOLDERS with percentages
i have 10,000 shares in this company.
FATHER'S PASSPORT
MY FAMILY MEMBER'S PICTURES AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

MY LOE wAS OVER-ORGANIZED
3 PAGES LOE.

Don't ever loose hope. GOD has always been my strength. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

it took me 2 years before i was accepted for my masters. GOD helped me. HOLY INFANT JESUS helped me.I don't want to sound too religious. I am not. But i got this admission after i asked INFANT JESUS for help. HE told me that i will be accepted 10 days after applying for acceptance by a professor. IT HAPPENED. FEEL FREE TO DOUBT OR BELIEVE.

Please don't loose hope.

GOD is GREAT. I have my reasons.

TAKE CARE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
if you are showing a picture of your family, is it better to show an old pic or a newer pic.
**disclamer my old pic has burn marks on it as my house had an incident before**
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
I also applied for my daughter in February 29...her AIP was sent on August 6th and medical request on August 27...still waiting for BVL and other updates...

#NairobiOffice

We are hopeful

rebecausoro:

Let's still have hope. Since our applications have been moving together, maybe we may get the approval at the same time too. It's not easy. I raised multiple web forms but no response at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
biyilove200:
Hello Gurus & all Nairalanders
Would appreciate your help.

I submitted a study permit application for a Bsc in International Marketing at University of Manitoba. I have a previous Bsc. In Insurance (Graduated with 2:1) and i'm currently a Marketing and Sales Executive.

I indicated in my SOP that i picked International marketing because i wanted to understand marketing from an international perspective ,and another B.sc because Masters is advanced and i needed to understand the vital topics.
I also stated that I'd be taking over my father's business (Real Estate) upon the completion of my studies.

However,I got a refusal letter on 24th Sep 2020 on the following ground;
'I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit'.
Ordered gcmnotes which indicates proposed studies not a reasonable expense and accorded less weight to employment ties to my country of residence. Please find gcmnotes attached below.

I intend to reapply as i now have a Post Graduate admission to study Strategic Marketing Communications in Conestoga College.

I need help on how to tackle;
1. Proposed study as a reasonable expense. ( Will the PGC admission tackle this reason?) How can i prove the sudden change?
2. Employment ties. (I am employed. Submitted personal SOA).

Thank you so much for your time.

Hello Biyilove200,

The bold text even though past still managed to caught my eyes. If actually you truly intend to take over your father's business based on the tone of the urgency, you should have gone for a 1 or 2 year PGD/C program instead of 4 year buried in a B.sc after a first B.sc. This may just be the thought of the VO amongst others.

Its good to see you've made some positive adjustment. Ensure your economic home tie to your intended study be linked and tied to the most suited ties. In this case, your current employment should be the principal economic tie
or use the address of one of your dad's real estate to register a Marketing Firm, which would be a startup location for the establishment that would be into xxxxx.

Kindly don't just say you're coming to back as a realtor to manage your father's real estates with a certificate in SMC. It may look sellable but not reasonably advised. Write a good Letter as you would do for a fresh application. Let the past be.
Include necessary documents for your source of funds and maybe freelancing payments and reference letters from some clients that is tandem to the operations of the prospect firm.

Lastly, demonstrate how well-established your parents are. There is no to attach evidence if applicable.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
EngrCGD

I sent a mail. Kindly reply

post=95250563:

@BlegendE Please bro can i have your personal contact or write you on email please, I'm also going for Masters in Engineering, i had OND and B.ENG from mechanical engineering and intend to apply at university of Saskatchewan for masters, can i get you in contact please, there are few things i do like to know as well.
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
You used something in an application that didn’t work out, why not adjust? You’re still trying to use same thing. Times have changed since you last applied and your situation can change too.

If I’m the visa officer, I would not believe your story.

If you have a good job, then tie your coming back to that. How the degree would make you advance career wise etc. You can mention your dad’s own on the side. But that shouldn’t be the main thing. That’s my opinion.

Best wishes
Olayinkaji:

That was what I used initially in my first application as I was going for a diploma course in Network Administration. The only way I could ascertain my going for the course was using my dad's school saying I installed networks against my actual job since there were no cogent links between PM and network adminstartion (this has been pointed out by Chocs as a big mistake from my part a)going for diploma and b) going for network course instead of pm)))

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.