Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1171501 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2020
BlegendE:

I submitted just now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2020
Done
UBCcookies:
Please I'm sorry, I typed a wrong email. Can you resend it here ettadafik@gmail.com
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2020
If you’re in Abuja, I’ll advise you go there. You might not be allowed into the main office, but you’ll find someone that’ll help you with info in the building.

They haven’t replied to the email I sent last week. And their numbers don’t go through. Try the chat option on their website too but it wasn’t working when I tried last week.

All the best
UBCcookies:
Please any information on how to contact vfs abuja office? I did my biometrics in 2019 the first application and I got approval on my third application, am I still exempted from paying the transmission package fee using same vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2020
Congratulations

Another week of good news
Gunbi:
PPR just landed guys!!!

More info coming soon

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:57am On Oct 27, 2020
No, I don't think you are exempted and so you will likely need to pay the N7,430. Since the biometric was not done and paid for in respect of the current application then you will pay transmission fee. I know this because I had a chat with the VFS office yesterday and asked the question. The case was for a PR who did biometric several years ago for a visit visa application which was unsuccessful. But now a PR is positive and passport request was given. I helped with payment and sending yesterday. They also said we could send to the Lagos VFS which is what we did. So my response is aligned with logic from this experience.

UBCcookies:
Please any information on how to contact vfs abuja office? I did my biometrics in 2019 the first application and I got approval on my third application, am I still exempted from paying the transmission package fee using same vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2020
Applied in Nigeria. First time applicant for winter 2021
Application: September 1
Biometrics request: September 2
Upfront medicals: September 16 (but I didn't upload it till October 16)
Biometrics done September 17
Medicals updated October 27
BVL: October 27
PPR: October 27

No AIP

Documents Submitted
Admission letter
Bachelor's degree certificate
Birth certificate
My expired passport showing travel history to the US last year.
Passports of my parents and siblings.
Sponsorship letter from my father
Statement of account of me and my father

Thanks to everyone for helping out.
To all other applicants, it will definitely end in praise. Keep the faith.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 10:00am On Oct 27, 2020
Yes. But I applied for winter 2021

ojzreal:

Big congrats, is your DLI approved for IRCC readiness plan??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 10:06am On Oct 27, 2020
thank you. Proof of fund.

NairaLuck:

WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE ELDERS TO ASSIST YOU ON HOW TO ADDRESS THIS

This should be the longest note I have seen since I joined Canada study visa thread.

The note in summary is finance. You don't have enough money to take care of tuition and fees without working in Canada. Then most importantly, your documentation for PROOF OF FUNDS is not properly arranged and proven.

Just like you borrowed money to print statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2020
I am a project manager and I recently received my resignation benefit from my former company before moving to a new one and i had savings too.

Oreoluwamipo:
What work do you sis ? Saying your salary doesn't tally

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 27, 2020
Gunbi:
Applied in Nigeria. First time applicant for winter 2021
Application: September 1
Biometrics request: September 2
Upfront medicals: September 16 (but I didn't upload it till October 16)
Biometrics done September 17
Medicals updated October 27
BVL: October 27
PPR: October 27

No AIP

Documents Submitted
Admission letter
Bachelor's degree certificate
Birth certificate
My expired passport showing travel history to the US last year.
Passports of my parents and siblings.
Sponsorship letter from my father
Statement of account of me and my father

Thanks to everyone for helping out.
To all other applicants, it will definitely end in praise. Keep the faith.
Did you submit proof of funds ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 10:16am On Oct 27, 2020
Kindly explain, I didn't understand what you mean.

Onweke:
This VO's english is certainly not from Nairobi. It must be from Asia country.

Everything (expo) you need to reapply had been pointed out and even explained in this GCMS.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2020
Yes. The statement of my dollar account with about 15kusd.
And also statements from my father's naira and dollar accounts.
Tonyodg2:
Did you submit proof of funds ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 10:20am On Oct 27, 2020
Hello gurus in the house?
I need you contributions. @Frankrobbn1 @@Justwise
Thank you

I applied on Aug 6 and I will like to reapply.

demiiii:
Hello Nairalanders, the GCMS note is here. Kindly help dissect and direct me on what to do.

Please Note-

I am applying alone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2020
Hello people!

Please how do I get to Lagos Vfs center from Ajah?

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2020
Once you get to Ajah under bridge or the nearest busstop to the expressway, take a straight bus going to lekki . There will be buses going to lekki phase one or jakande. Enter either one, if you enter the one going straight to lekki, stop at 3rd roundabout also called ‘Ikate ’, it is a short journey after you pass the mall (Circle Mall/Shoprite). So from circle mall, you can start telling the conductor you want to stop at ikate. At ikate, just walk down, the VFS is at the left side of that freedom way road. If you stop at jakande, you have to take another bus to ikate. Also, ikate has two entrances, you are going to stop at the second one (closest to lekki phase 1). I hope this helps

Jermaineayo:
Hello people!

Please how do I get to Lagos Vfs center from Ajah?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2020
Gunbi:
Yes. The statement of my dollar account with about 15kusd.
And also statements from my father's naira and dollar accounts.
congrats I meant like business documents and co
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2020
Congrats boss..
Did you just receive it? and is you DLI part of those approved already?
Gunbi:
PPR just landed guys!!!

More info coming soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 10:44am On Oct 27, 2020
No other documents. Just bank statements

Tonyodg2:
congrats I meant like business documents and co
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2020
I just received it. The email came in at 6:45am.
My DLI is already approved

Dameelee:
Congrats boss..
Did you just receive it? and is you DLI part of those approved already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2020
Gunbi:

ah big congrats my G
Now it’s so real no two applications are the same

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by atiteb4: 10:51am On Oct 27, 2020
Gunbi:

congratulations. Which University and what MSc program?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear that your friend's study permit application was delayed. A glimpse at the visa officer's notes demonstrates that PA is not applying for a study visa to Canada in good faith (which implies that she is not a bonafide student). The VO is not satisfied that the funds mapped out for her studies is reasonable given her income, economic conditions as well as her salary on the completion of the program. And that there is no logical progression between your proposed program in Canada with her previous studies and current employment.

Given the above enumerated concerns of the visa officer and in summary of the below points highlighted by you on how you intend to rebuttal in her next application;

HOW I INTEND TO REBUTTAL
Apply for 09/2020 session
- Go for a PGD not a Diploma in Journalism
- Pay first year school fees. The fees this is affordable.
- Sponsor would be Dad/ Mum & uncle would be secondary this time. Or I get a student loan.
- Money would be transferred to her account to make it look all sealed.
- Work on the EOX

I'll advice that the uncle sponsorship should be scrapped off completely in the next attempt. If truly the uncle wants to provide support for her studies, he should do so by sending the money into the PA father's account in little denominations so as to avoid raising the eye brows of the visa officer. The entire first year tuition should be paid into her student account in the College and funds should be transferred to her personal account to demonstrate funds accessibility by the PA. Applicant should go for a program that is reasonable in light with her current work experience i.e a PGD in Journalism. More importantly, however, the LOE must be well detailed, coherent and straight to the point by highlighting the changes that have been made in the recent application and properly explain her employment prospects in Nigeria. PA should provide justification if the pay scale for journalist professionals is very impressive with job security that would outweigh the cost and investment made in her studies in Canada. I would advice that she should maximize every opportunity by referring the visa officer to one to two web links on the internet where it was stated that there is a dearth need of foreign journalists in Nigeria.

I hope this information helps. All the best in her next attempt.

It will end in praise.

Thanks so much for your response.
I will have the money transferred to her account.
Again if the uncle has the money transferred to her account not that father’s, How would it look like ??
The full tuition would be paid.
I don't how a rebuttal looks like, I will contact for a guide.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2020
It seems most of PPR recipients are Winter 2021 intakes. Could this be a way to prevent many people from traveling to Canada until end of year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear that your friend's study permit application was delayed. A glimpse at the visa officer's notes demonstrates that PA is not applying for a study visa to Canada in good faith (which implies that she is not a bonafide student). The VO is not satisfied that the funds mapped out for her studies is reasonable given her income, economic conditions as well as her salary on the completion of the program. And that there is no logical progression between your proposed program in Canada with her previous studies and current employment.

Given the above enumerated concerns of the visa officer and in summary of the below points highlighted by you on how you intend to rebuttal in her next application;

HOW I INTEND TO REBUTTAL
Apply for 09/2020 session
- Go for a PGD not a Diploma in Journalism
- Pay first year school fees. The fees this is affordable.
- Sponsor would be Dad/ Mum & uncle would be secondary this time. Or I get a student loan.
- Money would be transferred to her account to make it look all sealed.
- Work on the EOX

I'll advice that the uncle sponsorship should be scrapped off completely in the next attempt. If truly the uncle wants to provide support for her studies, he should do so by sending the money into the PA father's account in little denominations so as to avoid raising the eye brows of the visa officer. The entire first year tuition should be paid into her student account in the College and funds should be transferred to her personal account to demonstrate funds accessibility by the PA. Applicant should go for a program that is reasonable in light with her current work experience i.e a PGD in Journalism. More importantly, however, the LOE must be well detailed, coherent and straight to the point by highlighting the changes that have been made in the recent application and properly explain her employment prospects in Nigeria. PA should provide justification if the pay scale for journalist professionals is very impressive with job security that would outweigh the cost and investment made in her studies in Canada. I would advice that she should maximize every opportunity by referring the visa officer to one to two web links on the internet where it was stated that there is a dearth need of foreign journalists in Nigeria.

I hope this information helps. All the best in her next attempt.

It will end in praise.

Please how do I contact you privately (off the forum)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 11:20am On Oct 27, 2020
University of Calgary. MEng in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
atiteb4:
congratulations. Which University and what MSc program?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by PanicButton: 11:21am On Oct 27, 2020
Hello @heidepaper @lekiboboe @justmellow,

If you guys could recall, I expressed worry on the inability of one of my friends to secure a supervisor for her MSc program in Geography. Thanks to your assistance and words of encouragements, a researcher from Queen's university has indicated a strong interest to supervise her project. Although she could afford to fund herself to a degree, but receiving some amount of financial assistance will go a long way for her. Now the question is:

1. Does she wait until she secures admission before she applies for departmental funding. They indicated that funding is available https://www.queensu.ca/geographyandplanning/mamscphd/funding-awards

If she decides to be a research assistant or teaching assistant, will she have to apply formally?

2. How does she approach this subject with the supervisor. She only says she is willing to supervisor her project, without any mention of funding.

3. Will it be in her best interest to work on one of the supervisor's existing project?

Thanks as I await your meaningful contributions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2020
Thank you!
jdoe28015:
Once you get to Ajah under bridge or the nearest busstop to the expressway, take a straight bus going to lekki . There will be buses going to lekki phase one or jakande. Enter either one, if you enter the one going straight to lekki, stop at 3rd roundabout also called ‘Ikate ’, it is a short journey after you pass the mall (Circle Mall/Shoprite). So from circle mall, you can start telling the conductor you want to stop at ikate. At ikate, just walk down, the VFS is at the left side of that freedom way road. If you stop at jakande, you have to take another bus to ikate. Also, ikate has two entrances, you are going to stop at the second one (closest to lekki phase 1). I hope this helps

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 11:28am On Oct 27, 2020
Hello,

Please what other documents did you carry apart from your PPR letter.

[quote author=BlegendE post=95386125][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 11:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Hello, please apart from your PPR letter and international passport, what other documents did you submit

[quote author=BlegendE post=95386125][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2020
Good morning house,

Vfs Abuja finally replied my mail about passport submission (see info in picture below)

Please note that I already submitted my docs yesterday and didn’t follow these instructions. But I’m posting for those who haven’t submitted yet.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 11:58am On Oct 27, 2020
Na wa o. IRCC just decided to mute we that have AIP since. Concentration on studies in becoming tough. Having a sound sleep is even difficult. I will refresh my email more than 5 times within an hour. Sometimes I will even mark the previous donotreply emails as unread just to show I have new email... Hahahaha

I have got no choice than to drink water and take chill pill. Please anyone that has AIP and got BVL plus PPR this week should please update us at least we will be motivated.

I just can't wait to get the positive news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
PanicButton:
Hello @heidepaper @lekiboboe @justmellow,

If you guys could recall, I expressed worry on the inability of one of my friends to secure a supervisor for her MSc program in Geography. Thanks to your assistance and words of encouragements, a researcher from Queen's university has indicated a strong interest to supervise her project. Although she could afford to fund herself to a degree, but receiving some amount of financial assistance will go a long way for her. Now the question is:

1. Does she wait until she secures admission before she applies for departmental funding. They indicated that funding is available

If she decides to be a research assistant or teaching assistant, will she have to apply formally?

2. How does she approach this subject with the supervisor. She only says she is willing to supervisor her project, without any mention of funding.

3. Will it be in her best interest to work on one of the supervisor's existing project?

Thanks as I await your meaningful contributions.

1)
ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS & OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD/NOT DO
Do not talk about funding unless the Prof has accepted you. Personally, i would check the school funding package before I contact any Prof in that school because no Prof gives money from their private pocket

Source:
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/493#86085388

In a Nutshell, since a Prof. has agreed to supervise her, that means she has bin accepted, so she's at full liberty to ask if funding is available.

2) The Professors are mostly busy (as you can imagine, teaching and all), so they need
some outstanding students to do this research with them. The students (Research Assistant) will work on the Professor's research & funded
through the research grant.

This funding (in most cases) will be enough for her. It can also be combined (depending on each school policy) with Teaching Assistant (where she will assist Prof. in teaching a particular course & get paid for it). This way, she works with the Professor, get paid & also get her MSc.

Also she's at liberty to ask for all of this from the Prof.

3) It depends on her, she can , and she can also work on her own research work but it should have a touch/Component of the Profs. Existing Project or Research areas.
In short, she and the Prof. Should share common goal but a prof. would love some diversity.

Now that' she's accepted, she can ask questions on anything she wants to know or not clear of, no need for her to be scared, a Prof. likes an Inquisitive Research Student

By the way, did the PROF schedule any form of Online Interview via (Skype/Zoom) with her ?
Cos that's the platform they use to communicate with students they are interested to work with & also a medium for the student to ask any question.

Do await more response to you questions.......

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.