Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1171468 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MERCHANDISER: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
Honorable their are numerous other schools that dont require IELTS. I advise you go for them

can you help me with list of them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
yungchop:
Hello guys... My questions are...

1. I am a graduate of Botany and can't go for MSc because i don't have a 2.1, so which related courses can i get if i apply for a P Cert and what's the tuition range?

2. I'm interested in changing career entirely and going into IT, can i get scholarships for undergraduate studies? Thanks.

Hello Chief.

Do you have experience in the IT field or done some IT certifications. For PGDs, its close to impossible to get scholarships except for masters whixh is even hard to get it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, the GCMS note is here. Kindly help dissect and direct me on what to do.

Please Note-

I am applying alone.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys...Good evening

Pls I need the description to Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos. from YABA

I am going for my Biometrics this week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eddykelechianya: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good evening.
Please I need information about studying in Canada.
My wife has Bsc in Accounting(2.1) and she also has Msc in Accounting. can she still apply for another masters in canada? she has 3 years working experience in Accounting and she is still working. I went to Maple Agency and told them about this.. they want her to try Express Entry, but she is scared of writing IELTS but they said if she wants to go for another masters, she can hid her 1st masters.. is this true and can it be possible? Please if she wants to apply for another masters, what course can she apply for, that doesnt require GMAT or GRE, cause we tried checking MBA, but most schools need GMAT or GRE. Please if you have any link that can help me, kindly share with me.
THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Businessmovemen: 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello, Good evening guys, please I have an issue please is there anyone in the house who applied for Saskatchewan polytechnic.
I want to make payment for tution fee to secure my admission. And the only option stated by the school is to use flywire.
1. The rate for flywire is too expensive, is there any other alternative
2. If none how am I going to make the payment through flywire
3. Please is there a way to get the school beneficiary account to pay it through a form A

Please it's urgent the deadline for payment is 30th October. Please anyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
From yaba, enter obalende, from obalende enter lekki/ajah bus, tell them you want to stop at the third roundabout. Cross to the other side and ask for VFS office building. Good luck
Toluchenko:
Hello guys...Good evening

Pls I need the description to Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos. from YABA

I am going for my Biometrics this week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good evening guys , can anyone recommend a volunteer job that relates to Human resources management ? will be waiting for your reply pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
demiiii:
Hello Nairalanders, the GCMS note is here. Kindly help dissect and direct me on what to do.

Please Note-

I am applying alone.
WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE ELDERS TO ASSIST YOU ON HOW TO ADDRESS THIS

This should be the longest note I have seen since I joined Canada study visa thread.

The note in summary is finance. You don't have enough money to take care of tuition and fees without working in Canada. Then most importantly, your documentation for PROOF OF FUNDS is not properly arranged and proven.

Just like you borrowed money to print statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
dayjeee:
Hello house,

Anyone applied to Cape Breton University?

thank you

Yes I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sorry to hear about your refusal.

The Gcms note is quite straight forward.

You were refused based on financial ground. The visa officer was not convinced that you could raise the said amount you had in your first bank account. And you also didn’t provide enough documents to make him believe your mum’s business could help her accumulate such amount.

The visa officer suspects foul play that the money might not be available for your studies.

If you schools tuition refund is favorable you can pay a year tuition if you didn’t previously

And try to avoid lump sum deposit.

Provide more documents to show the source of your income. How you raised such amount considering your salary. And how your mum too raised such amount, maybe show more documents from her business. Transaction receipts for example.

All the best

demiiii:

Please Note-

I am applying alone.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
What work do you sis ? Saying your salary doesn't tally

demiiii:

Please Note-

I am applying alone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
nayo10:
From yaba, enter obalende, from obalende enter lekki/ajah bus, tell them you want to stop at the third roundabout. Cross to the other side and ask for VFS office building. Good luck

Okay...Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Wisdom!!!!
Chukwubuikexo:
If so, without work experience in your proposed course of study, you would find it hard to convince the VO.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Businessmovemen:
Hello, Good evening guys, please I have an issue please is there anyone in the house who applied for Saskatchewan polytechnic.
I want to make payment for tution fee to secure my admission. And the only option stated by the school is to use flywire.
3. Please is there a way to get the school beneficiary account to pay it through a form A

You can mail the school for the account. For flywire, you log in and search for the school name, it should be there ,fill in your program name , your name and student number. Once thats done you pay. Yes they are expensive but they are reliable and they issue tuition receipt in 3-4days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Honney85: 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please o I need help please. I want to know if you need appointment to submit your passport o. I did biometrics in Lagos and I'm In Lagos too.

Also, if anyone has submitted passport in the Lagos office kindly tell me what the requirements are. Bikonu ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Businessmovemen: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

You can mail the school for the account. For flywire, you log in and search for the school name, it should be there ,fill in your program name , your name and student number. Once thats done you pay. Yes they are expensive but they are reliable and they issue tuition receipt in 3-4days.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Businessmovemen:

Hi
Its unfortunate that Flywire is able to monopolize receiving payment of tuition for the school. Unfortunatley Form A does not apply because of flywire, there is a new law by CBN that does not allow third party payments, and the school insists that payments are made through flywire.
I also had this problem. If you don't have someone in Canada that you can trust to pay for you while you pay into their Nigerian account, then you'll have to use FLYWIRE!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yungchop: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

Hello Chief.

Do you have experience in the IT field or done some IT certifications. For PGDs, its close to impossible to get scholarships except for masters whixh is even hard to get it.
I'm learning coding and planning to do maybe cyber security and ethical hacking. I can't access my mail here.. Shoot me a mail here mailagenius@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello,
You can’t submit your passport in person due to covid. It must be courier. Unfortunately I don’t know the process for Lagos.
Honney85:
Please o I need help please. I want to know if you need appointment to submit your passport o. I did biometrics in Lagos and I'm In Lagos too.

Also, if anyone has submitted passport in the Lagos office kindly tell me what the requirements are. Bikonu ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
I want to know if possiɓle to rapply online while still waiting for my passport to be returneɗ from refusal i got through paper route in sept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello,

This is not a response to your question. Just a caution.

Have you ordered your gcms notes to see the specific reason for your refusal? Please do so before reapplying
Ayokaq:
I want to know if possiɓle to rapply online while still waiting for my passport to be returneɗ from refusal i got through paper route in sept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
yungchop:
I'm learning coding and planning to do maybe cyber security and ethical hacking. I can't access my mail here.. Shoot me a mail here mailagenius@gmail.com

Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Yes, have gotten my GCMS note anɗ reaɗy to aɗɗress d issue raised ɓy VO concerning financial anɗ personal asset and also home ties.
Have sent mail to nairobi to request for my passport and no
response except usual general acknowleɗge mail

Chocs:
Hello,

This is not a response to your question. Just a caution.

Have you ordered your gcms notes to see the specific reason for your refusal? Please do so before reapplying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
See attached

Honney85:

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Piecoco: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Gunbi:
I used the Duolingo English test. They are accepting it for applications up to summer 2021 due to the pandemic.
I got admission into the MEng program in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering for winter 2021.
Please what school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Honney85: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dampops:
See attached

Thank you Dampops!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dayjeee(m): 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nastan:

Yes I did
ok thank you, can i Pm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hi Just Mellow,

Sent you an email. Pls check.

JustMellow:

Hello Sheg105,

You have a very good profile. Considering your financial strength and HT, it may be reasonable if you consider a family application with an added reason and advantage of been a young family. This way, the areas you should watch out for is being able to demonstrate sufficient funds, justify your visit purpose, HT and make daycare plans for your child or not. You may make an insightful argument that your spouse would be charge with the sole task of looking after the child.

You shouldn't fail to state clearly the benefits of your study intent to your company and how it can improve it. This benefits can be broken down into two perspectives with the first as your future prospects/career advanvement and the second building a solid HT with the study intent by adequately linking it to your company back home.

On the other hand, you may want to apply alone and your spouse could either apply for a VV and thereafter apply for a SOWP in Canada or apply for a SOWP directly from her home country. A VV is also applicable for the child. It may be better if you initiate the process after the completion of your first semester or you could as well initiate the process at any time which is also good.

If your spouse is on SOWP, working for unlimited hours is allowed while you study. There is no need for an agent though but that's a choice and decision at your call.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
Tonyodg2:
has your admission dropped ?? And how long did it take
What program
Since bro, 4 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Genevach:

Since bro, 4 days
4 days hmm I thought it is usually 4 weeks lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please who has been able to submit his/her passport to lagos office through courier service?

Honney85:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.