Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1166564 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobi2:
Hello everyone I have been reading through niaraland for a while now and it really helped me alot and made my application progress immensly find my timeline below wink

First time applicant
Submitted application July 7th
Biometrics request July 8th
Medical request July 23rd
Got AIP august 6th
Did medicals august 6th
Medicals passed august 10th
Bvl October 21st
Passport request October 22nd

Documents submitted-personal document
Birth certificate
My Mother international passport
School fees and accommodation fees
Passport photograph
Sop letter
Admission letter
My dads death certificate
Waec result
Statement of good behavior from secondary school
Bank account balance of 3.6M
Family photograph showing me and sponsor

Sponsor documents
Letter stating why he wants to sponsor me
Affidavit of support
Sponsor company details
Sponsors utility bill payment
Sponsors company account details
Sponsors uk passport
Sponsor morgage bill payment
Tip- make all documents well arranged and if possible make a table of content for personal document amd sponsors document wishing everyone success and visa approval too smiley

Congratulations Kobi, Shine on

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kobi2: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations Kobi, Shine on
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
Any update yet on the one for the kids? Didnt get for my kids too?

Adunola20:
Please, I have a question.

My PPR was for my application alone. Should I still be expecting for my kids separately?

Was wondering if I should include my kids' passport as well?

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
Do you intend to send in your passport and wait for the PPR for the kids?

Marh:

No I haven't sent my Passport. I got PPR today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beebeedream: 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Beebeedream:
Hi Everyone! Please I need samples of recommendations letters for Masters admission, I have actually drafted something but I need to be sure I have gotten it right.
Also the school did not really specify the recommendation letters to be academic, please does this mean I can use a colleague or friend as references.

Thank you.

Pleeeeeeeease still need a response, I have gone through the threads and haven’t gotten this.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by monshow25(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
NairaLuck:

Kindly introduce yourself properly.
Let's get your profile and someone can assist you with the Answers you seek by referring you to where you'll start reading from cheesy
am not the 1 that want to migrate to Canada, it's 1 of my female friend so she asked me about it and I told her I don't know anything about it but I would help her to ask around to see if I'll be able to get positive reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
Congratulations..who did you use as your sponsor and was he related to you?

Kobi2:
Hello everyone I have been reading through niaraland for a while now and it really helped me alot and made my application progress immensly find my timeline below wink

First time applicant
Got AIP august 6th
Did medicals august 6th
Bvl October 21st

Birth certificate
Passport photograph
Sop letter
Admission letter
Waec result

Sponsor documents
Affidavit of support
Sponsor company details
Sponsors uk passport
Tip- make all documents well arranged and if possible make a table of content for personal document amd sponsors document wishing everyone success and visa approval too smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobi2:

First time applicant
Got AIP august 6th
Did medicals august 6th
Bvl October 21st

Birth certificate
Passport photograph
Sop letter
Admission letter
Waec result

Sponsor documents
Affidavit of support
Sponsor company details
Sponsors uk passport

congrats which school and course

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kobi2: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
MamaIva:
Congratulations..who did you use as your sponsor and was he related to you?

I used my uncle as my sponsor, yes he is related to me and we share the same surname
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kobi2: 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Tonyodg2:
congrats which school and course
Pre-nursing
Brandon university

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
monshow25:
am not the 1 that want to migrate to Canada, it's 1 of my female friend so she asked me about it and I told her I don't know anything about it but I would help her to ask around to see if I'll be able to get positive reply
Your friend should go thru the CONTENTS in this link
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Then ask questions in the forum on what u don't understand or not clear of

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
silvamania:

Yes they have sent me appointment confirmation date and time with reference number
They also added instructions for payments to their standard bank account

Hope that validates the appointment

Also ,I don’t know if I should make the payment online or go to standard bank( very scare here)

Thanks

Yes Silvamania, their confirmation e-mail to you validates the appointment but you would need to make payment and yes you can make an online transfer.

Just to add that when you get to IOM, there is a security that stays at the entrance gate calling names of applicant in accordance to their appointed time so try to be there early for your appointed time. Please dont forget to take along with you evidence of online payment, your international passport and facemask. ( You can have handy maybe on your phone the confirmation e-mail from IOM, not required but just have it handy)

and to your earlier question, the date confirmed to you by IOM by e-mail is your appointed date.

The whole exercise does not take too long, you should be done within 3 hours when you enter the health facility ( may not be up to that) just make sure you are healthy and full of strength

All the very best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=Beebeedream post=95514400][/quotP

Pending when the gurus in the house responds, from my experience, i think you should use your boss or former employer or a senior lecturer in your university to put weight to your application. Yes you can use a friend if the person had a professional association with you like a colleague in the workplace.

I wish you success in your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marh: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
Tenianu:
Do you intend to send in your passport and wait for the PPR for the kids?

I don't even know what to do now�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by monshow25(m): 3:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Your friend should go thru the CONTENTS in this link
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Then ask questions in the forum on what u don't understand or not clear of
thanks for your feedback, please don't be annoyed that my question is getting too much.. The link you shared is about Canada study visa but what she told me about is living and working in Canada is their requirements relate or the same
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by danieldg: 3:43am On Oct 31, 2020
Hey guys,

I submitted my application since late March early this year, I sis my biometrics ending of August , I got this refusal ending of September.

Stated that they are not convinced I will leave based on family ties in both countries, and that I do not have enough financials, meanwhile, my sponsor has well above 15m in her accounts

Please how best can I tackle it cos that's what I've been thinking on that I haven't reapplied...?

My mom is my sponsor though.

I need help on this pls, I waited all year, I don depress finish sef �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 5:20am On Oct 31, 2020
submmitted application for januaury, its time to start heavy prayer grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:11am On Oct 31, 2020
Sorry to hear about your refusal.

Please share the documents you submitted and your profile (your age, degree you’re going for, bsc msc etc) any kids? Did you apply alone?

Was there any lump/large sum deposit in your mum’s account? Did you submit any landed property? How much is your tuition for 1 year?

Actually, these reasons given to you are generic. To see the actual reason for the refusal, you need to order your gcms notes, just google “gcms notes sites Canada” many of them will pop up, you can choose anyone. It costs around 20 CAD. Takes between 15-35 days to arrive. The notes will show the visa officers concerns.

Before the notes arrive, the house can make suggestions based on your profile and the documents you submitted.

Best wishes

danieldg:
Hey guys,

I submitted my application since late March early this year, I sis my biometrics ending of August , I got this refusal ending of September.

Stated that they are not convinced I will leave based on family ties in both countries, and that I do not have enough financials, meanwhile, my sponsor has well above 15m in her accounts

Please how best can I tackle it cos that's what I've been thinking on that I haven't reapplied...?

My mom is my sponsor though.

I need help on this pls, I waited all year, I don depress finish sef �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2020
monshow25:
thanks for your feedback, please don't be annoyed that my question is getting too much.. The link you shared is about Canada study visa but what she told me about is living and working in Canada is their requirements relate or the same
Thanks.
Visit the link (thread) below, that's your best plug to make enquiries about Living & Working in Canada

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/392
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2020
@Frankrobbn1
Frankrobbn1 please I need you take on this.
I submitted my biometrics over a week now but my status still shows action is required, under biometrics, it says we need your biometrics and other parts has we are working on your application.

I wrote to Lagos immigration Attaching my biometrics slip and the white sticker as directed by VFS official I spoke with. Please have you come across anyone that have had similar issues and how please what do you advise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2020
Please use a webform to send the slip to Nairobi. You can also send to them via email: address is

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Best of luck.

MzMisty:
@Frankrobbn1
Frankrobbn1 please I need you take on this.
I submitted my biometrics over a week now but my status still shows action is required, under biometrics, it says we need your biometrics and other parts has we are working on your application.

I wrote to Lagos immigration Attaching my biometrics slip and the white sticker as directed by VFS official I spoke with. Please have you come across anyone that have had similar issues and how please what do you advise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Patty03: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2020
Please anyone going to Lethbridge and looking for a shared accomodation, let's connect pls!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 8:18am On Oct 31, 2020
Tenianu:
Any update yet on the one for the kids? Didnt get for my kids too?

No update yet.
Called my school's immigration advisors. They advised contacting IRCC to make an inquiry about their application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 8:29am On Oct 31, 2020
Dampops:
Please use a webform to send the slip to Nairobi. You can also send to them via email: address is

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Best of luck.

Thank you for the response. I sent an email to them. Same one I sent to Lagos Immigration and I also used the web.

Please do you know anyone that faced something like this and how it was resolved. Timeline also. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tonygrinds(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Hello Nairaland landers
I have been able to save about 16kCAD which i believe can fund my tuition fee for a PG.c my parents will also assist with some cash (not much) when applying. My only problem now is sponsor. I have a very rich uncle but we are not so close and i don’t know if he will be able to stand as sponsor considering all those documents IRCC needs when it comes to assets. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2020
Hello.

What would you like the house to assist you with? You need at least 1 year tuition + 10k cad. So 16k cad is too small. And if you are going to be self sponsored, you’ll need more money too. A sponsor is your best bet and you must submit the right documents to prevent a rejection.
Tonygrinds:
Hello Nairaland landers
I have been able to save about 16kCAD which i believe can fund my tuition fee for a PG.c my parents will also assist with some cash (not much) when applying. My only problem now is sponsor. I have a very rich uncle but we are not so close and i don’t know if he will be able to stand as sponsor considering all those documents IRCC needs when it comes to assets. �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 8:49am On Oct 31, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Visit the link (thread) below, that's your best plug to make enquiries about Living & Working in Canada

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/392

Good morning Lekiboboe
please i need advice on the cheapest way to make a $7,075.92 cad tuition payment! please a word will go a long way for me right now

best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2020
ojzreal:

Good morning Lekiboboe
please i need advice on the cheapest way to make a $7,075.92 cad tuition payment! please a word will go a long way for me right now

best regards

Form A through your local bank here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2020
LordAA:

Form A through your local bank here.

thanks LordAA, is it compulsory it must be issued through flywire for fanshawe college student

best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2020
ojzreal:

Good morning Lekiboboe

best regards
Hi Oj,

Visit the link below for
FORM A for Tuition fee Payment
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/129#91308038

Note:
Not all schools make use of FORM A, but you can contact your school if they can be able to give u their Payment Details e.g Swift Code, Sort Code, Financial Institution Number etc.

Check the link above for more details on FORM A method to pay TUITION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2020
ojzreal:

thanks LordAA, is it compulsory it must be issued through flywire for fanshawe college student

best regards

I have no idea o.
Form A is usually at CBN rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Whispering: 9:44am On Oct 31, 2020
I'm also in the same box.

I remember someone on this platform has a chat number that he/she used in communicating with them concerning passport submission. I just can't find that post or the moniker anymore.

Please keep me updated if anything comes up.

Marh:

I don't even know what to do now�

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.