Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159599 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
DINO71:
PASSPORT HAS BEEN RETURNED STAMPED AFTER 27DAYS WITH LAGOS VAC

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE!!!!

Big congratulations

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hi. I want to know if it is the same day one receives an email that the decision envelope has been taken from lagos office that one gets it delivered. Thank you. Or is there a number of days in between?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
DINO71:

wow. Congrats.
I receive this testimony and blessings IJN. AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
Congrats sir, I wanted to ask did you use two way courier or VFS in house courier? Thank you
DINO71:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Please how did you get these people on phone? It keeps saying the number is not available or busy. Finally I got them but entered automatic reply and after the whole pressing of numbers to direct me to a representative the call just ended on its own. I submitted mine since first week of November, no mail at all. I'm tired oh��
JayLaw2:
Thanks. I called again this morning and finally got a tracking ID. Passport still at embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sirromey:
Good afternoon everyone. Has any paper applicants gotten PPR and thier passport stamped and returned?

Paper applicants don't get ppr because we already have our passports submitted during our application. We will only be getting approval and passport return

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Naijaforeigner:
Congrats to everyone that recently got approved.

For those who are still waiting, God will perfect it and it will end in praise in Jesus name (amen).

Lord AA, congrats bro, I sight you.

Thank you bro!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
nayo10:
Congrats sir, I wanted to ask did you use two way courier or VFS in house courier? Thank you
I used one way courier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
Passport landed this morning and LOI dropped few minutes ago!!

All the best to everyone expecting their approval.

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Francejaik(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!
I fit enter your box abeg
Congrats chief

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JayLaw2: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
[quote author=Nyenyenwq post=96354021] I just kept trying and trying. It can be really crazy getting through to them. Sometimes, the line also cuts right after getting through to a customer rep. You will need to persistently try. Maybe calling in the morning at about 9am does the magic. I get them easily at that time. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Congratulations. Please was it the same day you received an email from the embassy that courier has picked up your passport that you got the passport or was there an extra day before it got to you?
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JayLaw2: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nyenyenwq:
Please how did you get these people on phone? It keeps saying the number is not available or busy. Finally I got them but entered automatic reply and after the whole pressing of numbers to direct me to a representative the call just ended on its own. I submitted mine since first week of November, no mail at all. I'm tired oh��
I can understand your frustration. I just kept trying and trying. It can be really crazy getting through to them. Sometimes, the line also cuts right after getting through to a customer rep. You will need to persistently try. Maybe calling in the morning at about 9am does the magic. I get them easily at that time. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Molly90(f): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
I will say you shouldn't box yourself with an oil and gas specific course/ degree e.g petroleum engineering particularly for a graduate course. You can do a program with your research interest in renewable energy as that's the focus of the world today. Even if you get a job in the oil and gas sector, a major in renewable energy will be a plus for you. Many oil and gas companies are also considering clean energy generation. Above all, your skillset matters in the industry.

Cflow10:
I want to ask a subjective question
With the way the Oil and Gas Indistry is right now in the world, and Canada’s own battles with its oil and gas industry

Do you guys think it’s a good time to go study for an Oil and Gas related degree in Canada ?

I would appreciate your opinions, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JayLaw2: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hello!! Anyone who will be studying at Humber College? Will like to connect. I’m hoping to travel in December after my passport is returned.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

Congratulations!!

Oluwa we sef dey wait ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
Pimp04:
[Hi, kindly send me the link to the forum too, we are together.
quote author=mankind5050 post=96332388]Congratulations again.There is a Telegram Forum for Conestoga College Students from Nigeria. I sent u message.check your email

Please how do I get the link I would like to join
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
Oga sir good day,
Please I'm not sure how to go about getting accommodation in Kitchener, I'll be going to Conestoga College 3rd week in December, and it says on cic website one must have a proper quarantine plan, must I get an apartment and pay before traveling? If so how do I achieve this please?
Naijaforeigner:
Congrats to everyone that recently got approved.

For those who are still waiting, God will perfect it and it will end in praise in Jesus name (amen).

Lord AA, congrats bro, I sight you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!
Congratulations bro, do have a safe trip. Passport Sent, our waiting starts, me I just put mind for 3-4 weeks for return to avoid thinking.

Meanwhile have you booked for Airbnb for 2weeks quarantine? If yes, did you pay from Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
Pimp04:
Oga sir good day,
Please I'm not sure how to go about getting accommodation in Kitchener, I'll be going to Conestoga College 3rd week in December, and it says on cic website one must have a proper quarantine plan, must I get an apartment and pay before traveling? If so how do I achieve this please?
Go to places4students (dot) com
Type Conestoga and you'll see rooms for rent off campus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
bebzo:

Please did you get any mail like

VFS Global     

Dear Xxxxxxx
Your application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on
Regards,

VFS Global

And how long did it take after the mail if you got it before they sent you mail that your passport is ready?

Have you collected your passport back now? Any update since you received this message?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
Thank you so after BVL what next for us?
Kakokako:

Paper applicants don't get ppr because we already have our passports submitted during our application. We will only be getting approval and passport return
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
Won't it be too expensive to use airbnb? I told my friend in London to help me get a place
NairaLuck:

Congratulations bro, do have a safe trip. Passport Sent, our waiting starts, me I just put mind for 3-4 weeks for return to avoid thinking.

Meanwhile have you booked for Airbnb for 2weeks quarantine? If yes, did you pay from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Dampops:
@lekiboboe @justwise @justmellow @chocs Is there a thread of students in Canada? I know there’s a thread called “Living in Canada” but it seems best suited for PR...

Thanks
Hello gurus in the house, everytime I see more reasons why we need to have a thread for Nigerian students already studying in Canada. Imagine most of us who just got approval there's no clear guide for us including traveling and landing tips, accomodation, job hunt hacks, etc.

Please let look into it, or if the other thread is still open someone should share a link to the thread let's start from there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sirromey:
Won't it be too expensive to use airbnb? I told my friend in London to help me get a place
I know a family in Calgary, but yet to reply if I can use their basement for 2weeks. What do you think?
The only problem is landing in Ontario then traveling again to Alberta for quarantine then return to Ontario for studies.

E be as e get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
Congratulations!
LordAA:

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
Onweke:
Sir, does it mean one should not apply for schools in Atlantic province ?.

You can apply to some of their great schools in the likes of Memorial University of Newfoundland, Dalhousie University and/or University of New Brunswick. My point is that applying to cheaper institutions especially College in the Atlantic Province dramatically decreases your chances of success.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
That one will be better abeg. Only God know how much that airbnp will cost
NairaLuck:

I know a family in Calgary, but yet to reply if I can use their basement for 2weeks. What do you think?
The only problem is landing in Ontario then traveling again to Alberta for quarantine then return to Ontario for studies.

E be as e get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
I really don't know what the problem is or whether it's IRCC or VFS that's delaying. Folks with whom I have the same passport submission, reception and IRCC transit timeline have gotten the fourth mail one must get before stamping but I m still waiting. 20 days gone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
This sounds risky in my view especially as your DLI Covid-readiness was also approved by the home Province i.e. Ontario. I assume the monitoring team during your quarantine - if at all - would be Ontario based and not likely that they would come to Alberta to monitor you. Also, provincial regulations even for Covid vary so you can't be sure that the prevailing regulations in Alberta would be adequate to satisfy Ontario's quarantine requirement. Logistically, have you checked the distance between bot locations? I see almost 2000km. What is the costs of travel to and fro? Won't that cancel out the supposed savings by staying free basement accommodation in the long run? Are all these uncertainties worth the risk?

NairaLuck:

E be as e get

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.