Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1162245 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sirromey:
Thank you so after BVL what next for us?

Approval and passport pickup. We can only wait!
They have not replied the email I sent last week Tuesday. Some guys here for about a month since he received his BVL.

Maybe someone can help send me Minister Mendicino email or Twitter handle so that we can enquire about our case, it appears we need some explanations, we can't be waiting endlessly, nobody is giving us useful information

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kakokako:

They have not replied the email I sent last week Tuesday. Some guys here for about a month since he received his BVL.

Maybe someone can help send me Minister Mendicino email or Twitter handle so that we can enquire about our case, it appears we need some explanations, we can't be waiting endlessly, nobody is giving us useful information
marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca
@Marcomendicino

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Good day guys, can someone please explain what to do when the passport is ready for collection. VFS Lagos is highly disorganized, a friend of mine got letter of introduction from IRCC since last week and she didn't hear from them again until she kept sending email to them. They just sent that they are sorry that the passport is with them now without details of how to receive it o. Kindly assist on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
They should’ve told her what to do...but in any case, she’s to make a payment of N12,570 and fill a consent form which will be sent back to them...along with evidence of payment of the amount above.

She’ll include her tracking ID in the email...

nayo10:
Good day guys, can someone please explain what to do when the passport is ready for collection. VFS Lagos is highly disorganized, a friend of mine got letter of introduction from IRCC since last week and she didn't hear from them again until she kept sending email to them. They just sent that they are sorry that the passport is with them now without details of how to receive it o. Kindly assist on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Anamekele:

marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca
@Marcomendicino

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Thank you sir
Dampops:
They should’ve told her what to do...but in any case, she’s to make a payment of N12,570 and fill a consent form which will be sent back to them...along with evidence of payment of the amount above.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kingkhalil: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
Someone i know is sending her passport from Ibadan... would she have to pay both the Transmission fee and 2 week courier fees as stated on the VAC website?
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations Honorable AY on your PPR

1) No you can't take it to VFS office (Lekki) in person, even if it's the place you did your Biometrics

You have to go to DHL office
@
Isolo Expressway,
near Toyota Bus-Stop/7 & 8 Bus-stop,
New Airport Rd Junction
Isolo
Lagos

There might be other DHL branches in Lagos though, you can google & check for the one's near you

You can also go for UPS

And take note, the DHL Office @ Nahco ,MMIA , Lagos don't courier this type of documents reason is ,they only deal with documents going overseas ,not documents going to Domestic Locations like VFS, Lekki.

2) Yes you would be charged

The courier fee is #1,650,
but since you are in Lagos, in case of any miscellaneous/unforseen circumstances, hold more money

When you get to this DHL office at ISOLO, Lagos, the Security man would give you a form to fill.

This is the Address you will mail it to

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office

- Two copies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

Download the VFS Consent Form Via the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

As it has been mentioned here in the forum, Endeavor to go with DHL or UPS 2-way Courier Service
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sorry the consent form is the same as the one we filled for biometrics?
Dampops:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
I sent my Passport to IRCC for stamping.. and dhl confirmed it was delivered.. but how do i know IRCC has received it and stamped it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
No o

nayo10:
Sorry the consent form is the same as the one we filled for biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Good evening all. Please when typing a sponsorship letter, what's the format. And also affidavit of sponsorship and sponsorship letter are the same thing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
If you have received a tracking number from VFS you can use it to track the present stage in the whole process. If you have not received the tracking number please endeavor to call them to get it. I hope you didn't submit to VFS Lagos cos those guys need help....
Sleekigboguy:
I sent my Passport to IRCC for stamping.. and dhl confirmed it was delivered.. but how do i know IRCC has received it and stamped it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by santos41: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
Can anyone pls recommend universities or colleges in Canada that give admission letter easily. I studied Engineering with 2.2.
I am looking for a school that can grant admission easily with a 2.2 degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboev2: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
Rootiab:
Good evening all. Please when typing a sponsorship letter, what's the format. And also affidavit of sponsorship and sponsorship letter are the same thing?
See link below for

Letter of Sponsorship Sample (Father) - Find Attached (Avoid Plagiarism)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

- Affidavit of Sponsorship is a Document on it's own, u av to get this from a Court or Notary public in ur area

- Sponsorship Letter is also a Document on its ow

So they ain't the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboev2: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
santos41:
Can anyone pls recommend universities or colleges in Canada that give admission letter easily. I studied Engineering with 2.2.
I am looking for a school that can grant admission easily with a 2.2 degree
Hahahahaha,

No school gives admission easily, if u meet the requirements for the Program u wanna go for, then u would get it, if otherwise, u wouldn't get the admission

U can mention the Engineering program u studied & your work experience/job type so the house can suggest a PG.cert program/programs related to it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hmnn hopefully within the next two weeks. I planned to leave mid December.
Kakokako:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Whispering: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
Congratulations my fellow Ottawa student.

Abeg go sweep and prepare the road for us.

LordAA:
Passport landed this morning and LOI dropped few minutes ago!!

All the best to everyone expecting their approval.

Ati lo;Ati de !!

All glory to God!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vegaz: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lekiboboev2:

Uwc, yes it's a good career path owing to the demand of Information Technology world wide.

Google the PG. Cert programs in that link I posted, check the courses done in each of the program and see how you can cross the I's and dot the T's,
cos u would likely get the Admission, but how u gonna convince a Visa Officer in your SOP when u wanna apply for ur Study Visa is the mountain u gotta climb by showing strong & cogent reasons for ur choice of program in Computer Science

Even someone who studied Microbiology as B.SC and want to do a PG. Cert in Microbiology will still have to show explain in his/her SOP " Why PG. Cert in Microbiology "

See the link below for
SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines/Template
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Thanks for the strong advice..I’ll definitely check them out. Please lastly, I’m having my transcripts evaluated by Wes for immigration purpose, can I use it also to apply or I’ll need to have it re-evaluated. My school haven’t sent the transcripts over to Wes yet, they only just finally started working on it today.

Sorry if I’m beginning to bother you with my too many questions, I just want to avoid any silly mistakes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
If you have received a tracking number from VFS you can use it to track the present stage in the whole process. If you have not received the tracking number please endeavor to call them to get it. I hope you didn't submit to VFS Lagos cos those guys need help....

I can track the delivery but its been writing delivered since. And yeah i sent to vfs lagos:/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboev2: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
vegaz:

Thanks for the strong advice..I’ll definitely check them out. Please lastly, I’m having my transcripts evaluated by Wes for immigration purpose, can I use it also to apply or I’ll need to have it re-evaluated. My school haven’t sent the transcripts over to Wes yet, they only just finally started working on it today.

Sorry if I’m beginning to bother you with my too many questions, I just want to avoid any silly mistakes.
Most of the Colleges accept Student Copy of Transcripts for admission purpose, so if u av that, u can go ahead and apply for admission with it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Still hopeful

Medical exam approved yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
OtunbaTee:
October 8th applicant.
Got NSE request now now.
Chai!

Will you follow up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
Legacyedition:

Seems you've gotten NSE..

We are even still waiting for ircc to just send ordinary "Hello" grin cheesy grin cheesy grin.... October 5th APP.

I didn’t get NSE, just checking on my people if their medical exams have be passed

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lekiboboev2:

See link below for

Letter of Sponsorship Sample (Father) - Find Attached (Avoid Plagiarism)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

- Affidavit of Sponsorship is a Document on it's own, u av to get this from a Court or Notary public in ur area

- Sponsorship Letter is also a Document on its ow

So they ain't the same
I didnt see anything close to that. My dad said I should draft it and he would sign. So I dont know whether to take it to court for it to be notarized or what I'm I to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vegaz: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lekiboboev2:

Most of the Colleges accept Student Copy of Transcripts for admission purpose, so if u av that, u can go ahead and apply for admission with it

Thank you so much! I’ll do that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Uriel12:

Have they started your eligibility review?
I think the NSE comes when they start reviewing the applicants info.

How does one know if they’ve started eligibility review in your application because the same thing from the first day of application is still what is showing there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Pimp04:
Oga sir good day,
Please I'm not sure how to go about getting accommodation in Kitchener, I'll be going to Conestoga College 3rd week in December, and it says on cic website one must have a proper quarantine plan, must I get an apartment and pay before traveling? If so how do I achieve this please?

I will suggest you contact your school’s international office and ask them if they have any arrangements for international students.

Most people I know that got into Canada recently already had places to stay (arranged by friends or family on their behalf) before coming in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
@nairaluck @frankbobben1 and other gurus in the house.
I am happy that people are getting their PPR and looking for the best way to go about their submission of passport but please any advice for we early September applicant that are yet to hear from IRCC?
I have done my medicals (upfront) last week, still waiting for the update on my portal... from your experience what can you say to us early September people still waiting, I believe if they wanted to decline pur application they would have done it way earlier.
Please any advise you can give us maybe about how the trend of the way IRCC are attending to applications, anything at all to keep our hopes up....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
OtunbaTee:

No...I'm referring to the NSE letter, you'll have to do IELTS and submit another bank statement

It’s stressful ehh

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
MadeMan01:

Still expecting. Since the ghost update last Friday, I'm awaiting to hear from them. I did upfront medical in August and used same for my October 9, application.

The space is long, Medicals august and applied oct? You have to scan your medicals and resend them using webforms that it hasn’t been updated. Send webforms once every 3 days. It should have been updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Will you follow up?
Follow keh, I'm not doing o...I have just 2weeks to prepare..and I'll consider another 13days before result comes out,so I'm not ready for that stress biko! I'll pass
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Longjonjoe:

It’s stressful ehh
Yeso

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53