Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1187151 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 10:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Rootiab:

Which bank does that?

Ask the school if you can use flywire, they will send a link that will help with that.. once they do, you open and try to fill the details on The flywire website.. once you are done, print out the form and take it to bank, flywire is serving as the middle man between you and the school.. it’s quite cheaper than Western union and the rest and is faster.. 72hrs once Cbn acknowledges .. your school receives the money...

I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Rootiab:

Zenith bank

Try Fidelity bank, Eco bank if you bank with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2020
Byefelicia:

Ask the school if you can use flywire, they will send a link that will help with that.. once they do, you open and try to fill the details on The flywire website.. once you are done, print out the form and take it to bank, flywire is serving as the middle man between you and the school.. it’s quite cheaper than Western union and the rest and is faster.. 72hrs once Cbn acknowledges .. your school receives the money...

I hope this helps

Are you sure flywire is cheaper than Western union?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2020
fratermathy:

I know someone who travelled on Friday. She did the Covid test but no one asked her for it.

Yes they said it’s not needed for Canada, just fill your arriveCAN before getting into canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Legacyedition:

Got the NSE request just now.
When did you apply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=Dora14 post=96383524]

Hello house, which best way can I deposit 12m into my personal saving account and apply for study visa. I have gotten admission letter already but I don’t know if I can send the money quickly in a week and apply or should I spread the payment within a month then apply?
I already have inflow and outflow of 40m in the past 4 months but my balance is not much.

Please help a brother.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2020
Please I want to ask is western union cheap for paying tuition like with the exchange rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2020
Byefelicia:

I hope this helps
I think form A is cheaper since it’s CBN’s rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboev2: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2020
bidemialade43:
Hi guys, I’m very much new here....
I graduated In 2017 with cgpa 3.68(Masscommunication),did my Nysc 2018 And currentLy working now .. want to go for my MSc in Canada ..
Please guys I want to ask if it is a must I’ve a WAEC result to get admission because I only have my NECO result with me.
And too, am I safe In getting admission in any Canadian school with That God save me CGPA..
Help a sister please
Really need a speedy response
Hi,

You are welcome,

U got a good CGPA to secure a Masters in Canada, and mind u, the Masters u must go for must be Mass Comm. Related (For Career Progression sake)

For MASTERS admission application, u don't rilly need WAEC or NECO result, most skools will require u to secure a Supervisor (Professor) before you can apply for your Admission and what those Professors will require from u is ur Transcript and ur Academic CV

Its is when u wanna apply for ur Study VISA u can upload ur WAEC or NECO result as part of your supporting documents

Yes, you are safe to apply for admission with that CGPA, but note that getting M.SC admission ain't about CGPA only, there is more to it, e.g Research Ability, Statement of Purpose and other requirements depending on the skool and program u are applying for.

Visit the links below for Masters in Mass Comm. & Mass Comm. Related programs in CANADA universities, Google the programs and the skools one by one explicitly and reach out to Professors of those departments

Masters in Communication programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mass+Communication&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Journalism programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Journalism&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Media & Media Related Studies
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Media&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Also check out this program and the school

- Master of Public Relations
Mount Saint Vincent University, Nova Scotia

Finally

Visit the link below to know how to secure a Supervisor & get masters admission in Canadian Universities

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Do ask questions on wat u ain't clear of, so honorable members can give u their based on experience response

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2020
No qualms. It will end in praise. Sit tight. When is your program supposed to start?
HorlarJP:

I have done my biometrics since 3 weeks ago so waiting for a medical request or PPR or just anything geez
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:02am On Nov 24, 2020
Please ooooo
Has any Nov 3 PPR and further receiver gotten his status changed to Approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2020
LordAA:

Try Fidelity bank, Eco bank if you bank with them.
I went there and I heard it has been suspended.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2020
Debbyiiii:

When did you apply

Oct 5th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2020
Kimkalash:
Please ooooo

Nope... still on Submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello house, which best way can I deposit 12m into my personal saving account and apply for study visa. I have gotten admission letter already but I don’t know if I can send the money quickly in a week and apply or should I spread the payment within a month then apply?
I already have inflow and outflow of 40m in the past 4 months but my balance is not much.

Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2020
Debbyiiii:
Please I want to ask is western union cheap for paying tuition like with the exchange rate
Answers please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2020
Rootiab:
I went there and I heard it has been suspended.
which bank did you go too ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bale98(f): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2020
I'm reading here that some October applicants are receiving NSE letter and they are not thinking of using it, me I'm jealous oo as a fellow Oct applicant I wish I can just receive any letter so at least I can assure myself that they haven't forgotten my application.

It will end in Praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2020
But you got the fourth mail right?
Ikechuqu:

Nope... still on Submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Tonyodg2:
I think form A is cheaper since it’s CBN’s rate
they said western union has been suspended
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 11:38am On Nov 24, 2020
Kimkalash:
But you got the fourth mail right?

I’ve not received any mails from IRCC since my PPR on the 3rd.... Had to even hound VFS Lagos for two weeks with calls before I got a tracking ID for passport they received on the 6th.... I called yesterday though and they said it’s still with the Embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Papapa1234: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello all
1)pls my request to withdraw a visit visa has been granted ..I applied via paper.how can I get Vfs to return my passprt?
2)Apart from Humber college and Centennial .Does anyone know any college that offers journalism for PGD?
I appreciate your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 24, 2020
Rootiab:
they said western union has been suspended
yeah cause of fraud
Form A would really be a good option for you cause it’s CBN rate and it’s always first come first serve
Liase with your school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mayored: 11:45am On Nov 24, 2020
Sirs,

For NSE, is it advisable to pull all funds into the account from which mybankstatement will be generated, or funds can still remain in investment account and we present investment certificate?

Kindly advice

Thank you,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:52am On Nov 24, 2020
I meant VFS. How many mails from VFS?
Ikechuqu:

I’ve not received any mails from IRCC since my PPR on the 3rd.... Had to even hound VFS Lagos for two weeks with calls before I got a tracking ID for passport they received on the 6th.... I called yesterday though and they said it’s still with the Embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2020
Mine just changed to approved
Kimkalash:
Please ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2020
Wow. I said so yesterday. You see? Congratulations
Dame24:
Mine just changed to approved

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2020
Kimkalash:
I meant VFS. How many mails from VFS?

From VFS... none. I use their platform to check and it says pp forwarded to Visa Office on 18th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lekiboboev2:

Hi,

You are welcome,

U got a good CGPA to secure a Masters in Canada, and mind u, the Masters u must go for must be Mass Comm. Related (For Career Progression sake)

For MASTERS admission application, u don't rilly need WAEC or NECO result, most skools will require u to secure a Supervisor (Professor) before you can apply for your Admission and what those Professors will require from u is ur Transcript and ur Academic CV

Its is when u wanna apply for ur Study VISA u can upload ur WAEC or NECO result as part of your supporting documents

Yes, you are safe to apply for admission with that CGPA, but note that getting M.SC admission ain't about CGPA only, there is more to it, e.g Research Ability, Statement of Purpose and other requirements depending on the skool and program u are applying for.

Visit the links below for Masters in Mass Comm. & Mass Comm. Related programs in CANADA universities, Google the programs and the skools one by one explicitly and reach out to Professors of those departments

Masters in Communication programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mass+Communication&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Journalism programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Journalism&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Media & Media Related Studies
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Media&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Also check out this program and the school

- Master of Public Relations
Mount Saint Vincent University, Nova Scotia

Finally

Visit the link below to know how to secure a Supervisor & get masters admission in Canadian Universities

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Do ask questions on wat u ain't clear of, so honorable members can give u their based on experience response

Good luck
Thank you so much for the priceless information....
But my issue now is, I work as a customer service in a company..... hope I’m still safe to study MSC in any Masscommunication or related courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please can you drop the number you called?
Ikechuqu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
Same here but mine was forwarded on the 16th. No stress
Ikechuqu:

From VFS... none. I use their platform to check and it says pp forwarded to Visa Office on 18th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.