Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mtsh: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hello Dora. Can I get the Inspector's contact, please?
Dora14:

I did mine for 6k I mean police report and I still have the Inspectors contact if you want it please reach out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jogojogo: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please how do I do up front medical? After doing it is it the hospital that sends to the visa office or I will be given the result to upload? What do I need to take to the hospital for documenting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
jogojogo:
Please how do I do up front medical? After doing it is it the hospital that sends to the visa office or I will be given the result to upload? What do I need to take to the hospital for documenting?
Just your international passport. And if you are on medications or you have a glasses prescription, take that along...
They will be the one to upload your result to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
MadeMan01:

I didn't get NSE letter but during submission I attached everything listed in NSE, including IELTS general results I wrote in December last year R7.5, S7.5, L7.5, W6.5. overall 7.5. Also my statement of account was for 6 months. Background check has been on since I submitted, passed upftont medical November 23
Don't relent chief, delay isn't denial. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2020
MadeMan01:

Woah...
When you first did your biometric capture, there was a yellow slip stapled to the consent form you signed on day you were finger printed... Let gurus chip in o
Woah that was 2016 hahaha.... I didn’t know they requested such. I sent all forms including the BVL...
sigh... na on God I dey so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
so hello guys. I believe biometrics and medicals are two different things and both needs to be done right
Is it important that student visa applicants needs medical test??

Can i book for medicals without biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
mtsh:
Hello Dora. Can I get the Inspector's contact, please?

Check previous messages I already dropped it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good evening everyone.
For those who have gotten PPR, you can use send your documents to Abuja using DHL, and please pay for 2 way courier.
I sent my passport on November 20th, got counterfoil yesterday, got LOI today and then 3 mails from vfs...the last one saying my decision envelope has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja.
Abuja vfs is definitely better.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by flexerking(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toceenay(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
Time2soar:

It should be your sponsor account but we have seen applicant that sent her own my bank statement and sponsor normal statement
Please, do you know/have list of banks that offer this "mybankstatements", it looks like many of them don't!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
hello guys. I believe biometrics and medicals are two different things and both needs to be done right

Can i book for medicals without biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
olabisi6438:
hello guys. I believe biometrics and medicals are two different things and both needs to be done right

Can i book for medicals without biometrics
hey yeah you must get your biometrics done definitely

And yes it’s very important you do the medical test
Mind you doing it without ircc requesting it is called upfront medical
Or you can wait till they request you to go for one
It shows a good sign of visa approval
And it’s only two registered hospitals
IOM (46500) and Q-life (35k)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by deepwater(f): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olaa123:
Does the mybank statement allow the bank to check the bank account at any given time or just for a specific period of time?

specific period only.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
Proactively pay the 7,430 transmission fee and send evidence of payment to them via email with an explanation

adeenzo:

Woah that was 2016 hahaha.... I didn’t know they requested such. I sent all forms including the BVL...
sigh... na on God I dey so

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good evening honorables

I want to ask a question,

Can one use an HND Statement of Result to apply for Admission in a College ?

In this context,
I got a friend who wants to apply to Conestoga College, she only has her STATEMENT OF RESULT , No transcript yet

Can she go ahead ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please I would like to join the telegram group for naija conestoga college students... please how do I get the link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lamlohlah: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Dont register at IOM clinic , they have been collecting people money and telling them to come back new year for upfront medical.

Useless clinic , after collecting my money and they came up with plenty stories. I haven't done my upfront medical till now . waiting for qlife date.

Tonyodg2:
hey yeah you must get your biometrics done definitely

And yes it’s very important you do the medical test
Mind you doing it without ircc requesting it is called upfront medical
Or you can wait till they request you to go for one
It shows a good sign of visa approval
And it’s only two registered hospitals
IOM (46500) and Q-life (35k)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
lamlohlah:

Dont register at IOM clinic , they have been collecting people money and telling them to come back new year for upfront medical.

Useless clinic , after collecting my money and they came up with plenty stories. I haven't done my upfront medical till now . waiting for qlife date.
Even Q-Life doesn't have a date for December all booked for December
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kemmyk: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Dora14:

There’s a WhatsApp group please send your number as an email so I send to the admin
plss am having issue sending mail to you, plss I will like to join the WhatsApp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Time2soar:

The computer based test is only available at the MOD Tower Yaba
It's also available in Ikoyi. I'm writing mine on Saturday and they sent me a confirmation email. It stated that it's computer based.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
lamlohlah:

I am not doing medicals
For those who wants to do take note !!!!
Hope they are refunding you ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2020
JohnErrin:
I just booked for 19th December for ielts exam and Ircc game me till 1st jan to submit the results for nse� what is life?

Computer based test is the one for you then. Results come out in 3-5 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Did you book one ticket or with a return?

One way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tonyodg2:
I am not doing medicals

Why are you not doing medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good evening honorables

In this context,
I got a friend who wants to apply to Conestoga College, she only has her STATEMENT OF RESULT , No transcript yet

Can she go ahead ?

Thanks
?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lamlohlah: 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2020
You can do upfront medical at qlife.

But presently IOM isn't doing upfront medical but they wont tell you until you pay and the reschedule date is Jan 2021.

For now no hope of refunding. I am still waiting for the refund but i heard it might take up to 3 months.

Tonyodg2:
I am not doing medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Dampops:
Proactively pay the 7,430 transmission fee and send evidence of payment to them via email with an explanation

Honestly I didn’t know anything about the yellow slip, even after my visiting visa approval (paper application) I just re-checked and I didn’t see an yellow slip or so.
But nevertheless I paid 8,250 (7430 of transmission and the remaining for SMS) and I included the payment evidence... that’s how much someone adviced me to pay.. and I did that. I didn’t explain anything lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wifefo88: 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hello...

Please who has paid tuition fee using union bank international wire transfer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bawsse(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
I know it might sound like a stupid question and like I'm pulling everyone back but please I really need help....

I have some questions :
1.I wrote my ielts test in May last year, is it still valid?
2. Which is best and easier to get an undergrad course or postgrad?
3. How do I start processing my applications myself... I had an overall of 8 in ielts... I don't want the result to waste lol

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
1. Yes, an IELTS result is valid for about 2 years for CIC.
2. This depends on the course you're studying, as the competitiveness differs from course to course for both UG and PG, but if you already have a UG, I think a PG will be better in VO's eyes for "Career progression", hence gives you a better chance.
3. The NSE route might be best for you, read this thread, the last 50 pages pretty much sums everything up with repetition, also start building up your bank account, so the money accumulates over a few months before getting you "MyBankStatement" Doc. So you'd basically put all the normal document along side the NSE requirements. Other ppl here would have better tips to share though, so keep asking. Success in your application.
Bawsse:
I know it might sound like a stupid question and like I'm pulling everyone back but please I really need help....

I have some questions :
1.I wrote my ielts test in May last year, is it still valid?
2. Which is best and easier to get an undergrad course or postgrad?
3. How do I start processing my applications myself... I had an overall of 8 in ielts... I don't want the result to waste lol

Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hi house, please what is the AIP process for? what are the "ToDo's" once an AIP is gotten?
Thanks for helping smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good evening honorables

In this context,

Can she go ahead ?

Thanks

Honourable Lekiboboe,
I am not sure she'll get it

When I applied I attached everything but a friend of mine also applied with statement of result with explanation that he just graduated, they asked he to get his HND 1 (1st and 2nd) + HND 2 (1st Semester) directly from the school.

He applied for Supply Chains Management.

So I don't think he/she would get it, may they may get a conditional offer of acceptance pending a complete documentation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.